• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golf Story |OT| Return to Camelot

brerwolfe

I have no idea why I'm having such difficulty with Blue Moon Dune. I've beaten every other course comfortably my first time, but for whatever reason I just can't get my head around this. I've tried half a dozen times or so and keep losing by one or two strokes.

I won the last tournament by 7 strokes. And by accident, about halfway through the last tournament I found out that I had power/focus modes. Never used them throughout the game. Though after I learned about power mode I used it twice on my remaining holes.

Again, I really loved the golf mechanics of this game, but I think I only had one match go as long as the 8th hole. Can't remember which course. The toughest challenge for me was the Course Architect's Oak Hill course. I must've done that one close to 10 times.

The toughest challenge for me was the Course Architect's Oak Hill course. I must've done that one close to 10 times.
Huh. I've seen several people say this, but I didn't struggle with this in particular. I did have to restart it twice, but that was because I managed to crash the game (both times).

Ok after not encountering a bug thus far I think my save is done for. I am at tidy park in the manor and I am shrunk, can't talk to anyone, can't exit the room. Quitting and reloading doesn't work. Any tips?

Cerium

just started playing.

is the story really 100% about golf and only golf?
It's more like golf is the foundation of this universe they have built. It's the canvas on which the story is painted.

Don't worry it gets weird and is hilarious.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
wasn't complaining. in fact it's pretty clever.. I just figured golf was a setup to.. I don't know.. some traditional story.. not that the whole thing was about golf.

really enjoying it so far.

imBask

Banned
I'm almost done with the game but I can't find Lucky to challenge him, I apparently missed it, where am I supposed to go?

Hasney

I'm almost done with the game but I can't find Lucky to challenge him, I apparently missed it, where am I supposed to go?

His office back at the original park.

EDIT: Wait, don't you have to do that to advance the story and get the caddy?

dafortune

Ok after not encountering a bug thus far I think my save is done for. I am at tidy park in the manor and I am shrunk, can't talk to anyone, can't exit the room. Quitting and reloading doesn't work. Any tips?

Is your character tiny? If so I'm in the same situation. I don't think there's any way to fix it for now, we have to hope for a patch.

pbsapeer

Banned
Just at the blue area now. Is there much further to go? I wish I’d smashed more in before stardew valley. I’m really rushing this and getting frustrated at the challenges that has to be done.

Stencil

Why does Lucky get help from all the good birds on Sneakycheek Peek?? Not cool, birds.

Just at the blue area now. Is there much further to go? I wish I'd smashed more in before stardew valley. I'm really rushing this and getting frustrated at the challenges that has to be done.

Exact same position. Going to have a hard time finishing this up if I were to, say, accidentally start Stardew Valley.

I think it's the last area? Not positive.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The blue moon tournament is kicking my arse. Can barely scrape a few holes at par then get a triple bogey. Getting consistency is hard.

jrcbandit

For the Pro clubs and other more expensive clubs, they have improved distance but list reduced strike. Does that mean it actually makes your strike worse and if it does by how much? You'd think nicer clubs wouldn't make your skills worse and if they do, we need exact numbers to know how to much to compensate for it.

c1d

Again, I really loved the golf mechanics of this game, but I think I only had one match go as long as the 8th hole. Can't remember which course. The toughest challenge for me was the Course Architect's Oak Hill course. I must've done that one close to 10 times.
Basically my experience as well, although it was kind of nice for it to be a skill-based system

HeySeuss

What level did everybody get to? I'm at level 35 and I have 2 side quests to do. The last
drone level
and one of the blue moon quests. I'm guessing that will take you to 36 as a max. Unless I missed some other ones along the way.

Probably the hardest one was the putting challenge on blue moon imo with the severe green breaks. The Blue Moon architect one was pretty tough too.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
What level did everybody get to? I'm at level 35 and I have 2 side quests to do. The last
drone level
and one of the blue moon quests. I'm guessing that will take you to 36 as a max. Unless I missed some other ones along the way.

Probably the hardest one was the putting challenge on blue moon imo with the severe green breaks. The Blue Moon architect one was pretty tough too.

35 and still have to do the blue moon tournament. I'm guessing there are some more side quests after that? I still have a cache to find too.

JonnyKong

Wait, what are the differences between power, focus, tee up and normal?

Can't believe I've played ten hours of the game and only just noticed these.

Cerium

Wait, what are the differences between power, focus, tee up and normal?

Can't believe I've played ten hours of the game and only just noticed these.

Power lets you exceed your usual distance limit.

Focus lets you ignore wind, making long distance hole-in-ones a lot easier.

I don't think I've used tee up? Normal is just normal.

Power lets you exceed your usual distance limit.

Focus lets you ignore wind, making long distance hole-in-ones a lot easier.

I don't think I've used tee up? Normal is just normal.

Tee Up puts the ball on a tee. Basically ignores bunkers or deep rough, which lets you be really aggressive on your first shot since you don't care where you land.

And I take it these don't have unlimited use?

You have a meter that I believe fills up a bit every time you hit a perfect shot.

molnizzle

Man. The "journal" in this game is really lacking. Like to the point that it's making me hate the game.

Been running around for almost 2 hours now. No idea how the fuck to progress. This is one of those 16-bit RPG tropes of that you're supposed to fix with your modern game.

Man. The "journal" in this game is really lacking. Like to the point that it's making me hate the game.

Been running around for almost 2 hours now. No idea how the fuck to progress. This is one of those 16-bit RPG tropes of that you're supposed to fix with your modern game.
The Notes screen tells you what you need to know to progress. If you're stuck just ask here, no need to spend 2 hours of frustration.

What Note are you stuck on?

Moose84

Do you want a dotted line guiding you exactly where to go?

Cerium

I've never found the notes to be unclear or the expectations particularly complicated. Where are you having trouble?

molnizzle

I already had the stupid ass shovel. It just wasn't equipped, because I didn't know that equipping was a thing.

Wow that's some horrible UI design there. I thought the "gear" page was a checklist of your current progress, like the pieces of the triforce in the pause menu of old Zelda games. I assumed new clubs purchased at the pro shop automatically upgraded the old ones.

Man. I walked around for hours throughout both the first two zones looking for that goddamn relic.

I've never found the notes to be unclear or the expectations particularly complicated. Where are you having trouble?

The game should've told me that the archeologist side quest wasn't a side quest and actually had to be completed first before I could find the relic that advanced the main story. I would've saved a lot of time going back and exploring the first zone if I had known that.

Also wouldn't have hurt to have a sequence that forces you to equip a new piece of gear. I had no idea this game had swappable gear. That UI is atrocious; there should be an inventory screen to the right or something that shows the pieces that could be swapped in to a given slot. Or give the slots an icon so I know that it's a "slot" and not just an inventory list. Something.

duckroll

Is your character tiny? If so I'm in the same situation. I don't think there's any way to fix it for now, we have to hope for a patch.

Might wanna ping the devs on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sidebargames?lang=en

Really unfortunate that this game is so buggy. :(

Anyone else keep getting the glitch when you wake from the bed and cant move?

Yeah this happens. If you really can't move, just shut the game down and load it up again. It's stupid.

Top Bottom