• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Opinion Rewards is the secret best Android app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syriel

Basically you download it from the play store, and you get random surveys throughout the year. Then you get a little bit of credit every time you do a survey. Anywhere from 10 cents to a buck. It's just deposited into your Google Play account credit.

I've made almost 60 bucks doing this, and the surveys take like 30 seconds if that to do. Can't tell you the last time I spent real money on the Play Store with gift cards + Google Opinion Rewards cash.

Play Store Download

I haven't gotten a single survey from Google.

My opinions are worth nothing to the G. :(

Item Box

I use/used it.

I honestly want to know who gets surveys and what they base it on. It feels very hit or miss.
A lot of it seems based on your location history. I usually get one the day after going somewhere so you probably won't get as much if you have GPS/wifi off.

Edit: also don't lie, I've noticed a lot of my surveys start off by asking if I've visited a fictional location before

It was, until Google cancelled my Google Wallet account for a Terms of Service violation they won't tell me.

Now I can't access the over $20 I amassed via the Rewards app over a couple years, nor can I buy anything on the Google Play Store using my Google account.

(I think the violation was related to linking my Google Wallet account to a joint bank account of which I am not the primary account holder, so my contact info doesn't show up. Even after telling Google this and sending them letters from the bank to verify that it is my account, they said my account will remain closed on the basis of them being able to close any Google Wallet account whenever they want.)

Still... I recommend the app, it's great for buying in-app purchases if you hate in-app purchases. Just as long as they don't close your account...

cyba89

What? $60?

I have this app one year now and made 7,39€. I only get a survey every few weeks here.

blue5

Banned
I've made $7.50 so far.

My biggest issue with this app is that the "credit" cannot be applied toward a partial payment, has to cover the full price.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
the problem i have is that there is nothing worth buying on the google play store. I think i've spent $4 in a year on 4 games.
Lara Croft Go just came out and is apparently good. Hitman Go is there and is definitely good. Also Rayman Jungle Run.

ItIsOkBro

After doing some reading around it looks like being a woman, having kids, and enabling location all exponentially increase your chances of getting surveys.

3phemeral

After doing some reading around it looks like being a woman, having kids, and enabling location all exponentially increase your chances of getting surveys.

Location is definitely a big one. I'll get surveys for going to Home Depot or Taco Bell, and sometimes it'll be the same survey 3 times in a row. Not sure what that's about, but I get rewarded for them.

bengraven

Wow, with that I could finally afford a Square-Enix cell phone game (after six or seven months, you'll be mine Final Fantasy IV!).

Lazaro

I do surveys from a National TV Station here in Australia. Great way to get Xbox Credit or Aussie gift-cardy stuff.

Poyunch

I use this all the time to buy Android games. I love it. I'm at around 4 bucks after about a week. I'm saving up for The Banner Saga.

Thanks for sharing this. Just took a survey on gaming and I made a dollar. I'll probably use the credit for games surprising as it may sound.

Faddy

Banned
Demographics are a big factor. My mum has made loads on surveys since the pool of 50+ women is a lot smaller than 30yr old males.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Thanks for the app
Earned $1.00 already.

Quick disclaimer, they money does have an expiration date of a year

Have $25 in wallet from a Samsung tablet promotion, still haven't even used that, this may make me start buying stuff

hohoXD123

Yup, awesome app, haven't made anywhere near $60 though, I've had it for maybe a year now and earned roughly £8, don't get surveys that often.

I've had this for almost two years now. It's great. One question, though. It says you have two years to spend your credit. Did that mean two years since the first question or two years since the most recent question?

iosefe

I've had this for almost two years now. It's great. One question, though. It says you have two years to spend your credit. Did that mean two years since the first question or two years since the most recent question?
Credit by credit basis. 1 year from when credit is given

Compared to when I registered back in November of 2013, they've started sending more to me frequently the past few weeks. Not bad for $6 in a month.

HG6rQ9v.png

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
My opinion has been worth a lot on here. I never pay for anything on Play anymore. On a whim if I want to watch a certain movie it's free. None of the surveys I've encountered take more than about 15 seconds.. Very easy to do when I'm already looking at my phone anyway.

I don't know how to see how much I've earned total but I'm guessing close to $100 in credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom