• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gooners guide to HDDs on PS4 Pro and Stock/SSHD/SSD comparisons

BHR-3

ok idk why you have U4 then uncharted 4 menu to continue on your chart is U4 not uncharted 4? if not why is it on there twice with different stats?

anyway thought id share some numbers i have a ps4 pro with the hgst 7k1000 at one time this was in the top 1-2 list of best HDD for the OG ps4 so im sure alot of people have this HDD

my results

GTAV SP startup 81sec
TLoU to main menu 33sec
Uncharted 4 menu to chapter 8 34sec
Uncharted 4 menu to chapter 1 28sec
Uncharted 4 menu to chapter 22 36sec
Uncharted 4 to main menu 35 sec
P.T 17 sec
startup (movement on menu)24sec
into rest (when yellow light comes on) 16sec
out of rest (back to movement on menu)15sec
into off (light is off on ps4)29 sec

any other games you want me to test i have cod iw blops3 uncharted collection dying light titanfall 2

titanfall 2 does have some texture streaming pop in specifically 1-2 sec noticeable on mission 8 ive looked at some youtube vids and its the same in others walkthrough vids but idk what ps4 or hdd there using

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
You forgot to add this:

Best high quality cheap SSD for PS4/Pro: Crucial MX300.

Best SSHD for PS4/Pro: don't buy an SSHD.
Lol, your tag couldn't be more apt. Using an SSD in PS4 is practically throwing money away for a small gain. At least with SSHD you get some speed increase (very similar to SSD after you replay the game a bit) and you can have much larger capacity which is actually a huge deal with how insanely large the games have become.

Top Bottom