• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOT review embargo up on 14/07

CrysisFreak

Banned
what? no dismemberment ? so you want to say that they changed the game's code on random enemy to show dismemberment in the demo just to mislead the people?
I'm pretty sure there actually is some dismemberment in the game. Like 99% sure. You don't see it every few seconds but overall it should be in.

Gediminas

Banned
I'm pretty sure there actually is some dismemberment in the game. Like 99% sure. You don't see it every few seconds but overall it should be in.
of course it is, it is like playing the game 2h and see the first region and say : there is no variety in environment. or play few missions in the night and say : is there a day?

The screenshot is nice, but his statements are pretty dumb. I'm not expecting the kind of difficulty found in From games, but saying that the game isn't hard while playing on normal...also, he found weird when a timer popped up on the screen and told him to go back to the main path, without realizing he was just playing the goddamn prologue.
i think you can hope the difficulty found in from games on hardest difficulty. there is a short clip where enemy kills you in two strokes.

Last edited:
of course it is, it is like playing the game 2h and see the first region and say : there is no variety in environment. or play few missions in the night and say : is there a day?

i think you can hope the difficulty found in from games on hardest difficulty. there is a short clip where enemy kills you in two strokes.

Honestly, what I'm looking for is Easy to be easy, Normal to be fair and Hard to be somewhat hard.
That being said, if someone says the game is easy while playing on Normal, I automatically ask myself "what don't they play on Hard then?"

CrysisFreak

Banned
2 hours in? Abilities in action games normally open up more as you go deeper into the game. Also, what's the fascination of everyone to compare this game to Sekiro, from day 1, when we saw the gameplay, we knew this was not Sekiro. This is Ghosts of Tsushima.......
Well the parrying is possibly similar...
Even though perfect parry has to be unlocked first so yeah lmao.

This is a comment from someone who played Tsushima for 4 hours and loves Sekiro's combat.

Yes, games have nothing to do with each other. And that's good. Do you want Sekiro? Just play Sekiro. The game did not die. It's available there for your traditional L1 spam.

I disagree with simplicity. The game introduces new elements, skills and situations. Like the stances that people still don't understand. They serve to combat specific enemies (swordsmen, spearmen, etc.) there are various enemies and ways to deal with them. Its not about style. It is not the most complex game ever, but it is a mistake to claim that it is so simple.

This is a comment from someone who played Tsushima for 4 hours and loves Sekiro's combat.

Yes, games have nothing to do with each other. And that's good. Do you want Sekiro? Just play Sekiro. The game did not die. It's available there for your traditional L1 spam.

I disagree with simplicity. The game introduces new elements, skills and situations. Like the stances that people still don't understand. They serve to combat specific enemies (swordsmen, spearmen, etc.) there are various enemies and ways to deal with them. Its not about style. It is not the most complex game ever, but it is a mistake to claim that it is so simple.

So.. did you encounter some enemy dismemberment?

Fake

qkUg5lY_d.webp

BR? Huehue?

So I’ve went and read the previous pages and no offense to anybody

I don’t think you’ve played GoT Cliff. You’re just repeating yourself. Sorry but I smell bs. Still no offense. I’ll be happy if you provided some information that you haven’t repeated many times.

CrysisFreak

Banned

I don’t think you’ve played GoT Cliff. You’re just repeating yourself. Sorry but I smell bs. Still no offense. I’ll be happy if you provided some information that you haven’t repeated many times.
Bold statement.
But yeah Cliff why so vague. Give us some of that meaty info. Not about story but yeah.

DonJorginho

Banned
There is definitely dismemberment in the game, all the ratings boards mentioned the fact you can cut off arms and heads as to why they have it as an 18 rated game.

ToadMan

He had a pic up of the game install on PS4 and a handwritten "NEOGAF" on a paper page held up with it. There was a gamer name too.

That pic is gone now though hehe. There is an embargo until Tuesday - if they track the leak down they won't be getting future review copies so can't blame him for being vague.

But yeah - that pic came from somewhere so someone made it for Neogaf ...

I detail the collectibles you will find in the game, something that has never been shown because that kind of information is not going to ruin your experience, but it is enough as evidence.

What other detail do you want? Spoilers, details about story missions or who dies?

Embargo? I am not a reviewer. I only know 1 of thousands of reviewers.

I don't understand this obsession with violent effects, as it has no impact on gameplay, but rest assured that the game is brutal if that's what you want.

I detail the collectibles you will find in the game, something that has never been shown because that kind of information is not going to ruin your experience, but it is enough as evidence.

What other detail do you want? Spoilers, details about story missions or who dies?

Embargo? I am not a reviewer. I only know 1 of thousands of reviewers.

I don't understand this obsession with violent effects, as it has no impact on gameplay, but rest assured that the game is brutal if that's what you want.

Sorry but who gives a shit about Collectibles.

Rest assured nobodies experience will be ruined if you wentinto a little detail. If you’re so worried use warnings and spoiler.

I understand you my man. I just think you you yourself haven’t played the game and saying stuff that your connection has told you.

Give one example of side quest. Give some detail abouthow large the map is. How much time did this game took for your friend to finish the main story? Give one or two interesting details about some characters.

Can you still play as Samurai in the endgame or are your forced to be ghost?

Still appreciate your details about Collectibles. I also don’t care that much about details since game is out soon but just giving you an idea

Sorry but who gives a shit about Collectibles.

Rest assured nobodies experience will be ruined if you wentinto a little detail. If you’re so worried use warnings and spoiler.

I understand you my man. I just think you you yourself haven’t played the game and saying stuff that your connection has told you.

Give one example of side quest. Give some detail abouthow large the map is. How much time did this game took for your friend to finish the main story? Give one or two interesting details about some characters.

Can you still play as Samurai in the endgame or are your forced to be ghost?

Still appreciate your details about Collectibles. I also don’t care that much about details since game is out soon but just giving you an idea
You dont need to be rude.

Some of these details I obviously cannot give because I played for about 4 hours. My friend got the platinum for that game before launch, just like he did with RE3 and TLOU2.

As for the sideques, that's exactly what I said. There are some good ones, but most are simple with mere objectives on the map. Most resemble quests from AC Origins and AC Odyssey, with the npc asking you to save someone or to free a village.

You wont stay 5 minutes without having your attention drawn to a point of interest, a random combat, one of dozens of side quests or a fort / camp to be taken. Then you go there with the very essential guide wind.

Tsushima has no reference points for the player to be without the map and at all times has some repetitive task to do.

I realized that with 4 hours of play, imagine with the 50+ that the game has.

My friend and I really like the game, but not because of the sidequests, since the really good ones are those focused on specific characters.

bender

What time is it?
Combat expectations in this game are odd. Everything we've seen screams the simplicity of games like Assassin's Creed, Witcher 3, Batman/Spider-Man. No one really does FROM Software style combat correctly and deep action mechanics are certainly not the strength of Western Developers.

Last edited:
Combat expectations in this game are odd. Everything we've seen screams the simplicity of games like Assassin's Creed, Witcher 3, Batman/Spider-Man. No one really does FROM Software style combat correctly and deep action mechanics are certainly not the strength of Western Developers.
Someone will be surprised when they are in control of Jin. The combat is very good.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
No one really does FROM Software style combat correctly
And in my opinion they shouldn't try to, unless they know for sure they can do better combat system then it just end up being "lesser FROM game". They always should do their own combat system.

CrysisFreak

Banned
Someone will be surprised when they are in control of Jin. The combat is very good.
Is there a big difference between ninja and samurai attire?
I remember one of the first leak said that if you wear heavy proper samurai armour you will be unable to climb much and be less agile overall.
If so I will probably go with superlight ninja attire and teleport behind the mongols.

WellSheet

You dont need to be rude.

Some of these details I obviously cannot give because I played for about 4 hours. My friend got the platinum for that game before launch, just like he did with RE3 and TLOU2.

As for the sideques, that's exactly what I said. There are some good ones, but most are simple with mere objectives on the map. Most resemble quests from AC Origins and AC Odyssey, with the npc asking you to save someone or to free a village.

You wont stay 5 minutes without having your attention drawn to a point of interest, a random combat, one of dozens of side quests or a fort / camp to be taken. Then you go there with the very essential guide wind.

Tsushima has no reference points for the player to be without the map and at all times has some repetitive task to do.

I realized that with 4 hours of play, imagine with the 50+ that the game has.

My friend and I really like the game, but not because of the sidequests, since the really good ones are those focused on specific characters.

From what you played/heard from your friend, how is exploring?

How is the level design in terms of truly having that feeling of getting lost and exploring and find secrets/loot? For example - wandering into a bamboo forest and finding a hidden well that you could traverse down with their being an armor piece at the bottom (that scenario is like my dream type of exploring-looting gameplay loop)

thank you!

You literally cannot beat Sekiro spamming buttons. Não fode bicho. Why are you doing this friend? Between this shit and The Witcher 3 hyperbolism, you do realize you can defend something without being overtly negative about everything else right?

WellSheet

I bet it plays like most openworld games like Horizon and Far Cry.

Outposts, towers, side quests, errands etc.

you’re probably spot on.

the hope is that the unique environment mixed with rewarding exploration will give this an edge over what is likely to be typical. - go to this area and kill X enemy to free it; go to this area and and blow up this thing to liberate it; save these villagers; rescue this NPC who will give you X amount of fetch quests....

I think it would take massive amounts of resources and time to create the fusion of a game like....Uncharted and mix it into an open world game.

I think that person spamming attack all the time was just looking to make it look very very bad, there wasn't parries but only spamming of dodge and attack lol I think SP didn't count on people spamming dodges INTO the NPCs and bears that this guy kinda bugged out the animations at the bear part. Good luck dodging into swordsmen getting insta killed LOL

THEAP99

Banned
Honestly seeing that leaked footage I am still excited for the game but maybe that person was trying to make it look bad.

The combat looked alright but the animations and lack of interaction messes it up. Especially that bear encounter lol.

I expect mostly 8's for this one and for most to generally enjoy it but I don't think it will be classic to remember or a shot in the GOTY.

For review average i think lower than spiderman and horizon because those of those games seem to be much more detailed than this.

A lot of people are already making fun of it cus the way the person played the game makes it look mashy mash, this type of thing is why we should've gotten more footage before release.

Last edited:
Top Bottom