• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got Windows 10? Show me your desktop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q77pQOO.png
:

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Some additional tweaks to my theme. Updated some icons for more of a flat look, and figured out how to move my Recycle Bin to my taskbar:

qL2b.png

Pretty sure this is the last of my changes... But who knows, lol. I'm such a tinkerer.

is there an icon pack for those long shadow ones? I have the Long Shadow icon pack on my android phone and really like the design, and would love that style on my start menu too.

Spyware

Tinkered with the start menu before I found out that there are OblyTile-like programs working in Win10. Now I dunno if I wanna go back to that look or keep these tiny icons I made.
Have had Shelter pics slideshow as wallpaper for years now.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Wow, looks great! I'm going to have to try that long shadow photoshop method on my tiles.

if you do, a quick guide as there didn't seem to be any instructions with them.

1) use the eyedropper to select the background colour
2) select the background with the magic wand and delete it, leaving the white icon on a transparent background.
3) run the action to get the shadow. I used the 45 degree one from the flat shadow action but you can try the others
4) make new layer and fill it with the colour you got from step 1, and move that layer to the bottom.

done.

M3d10n

Oh, I just found that you can disable each one of the right taskbar icons individually. Volume, network, action center... you can even hide the clock! Should be nice for those keen on minimal desktops.

I got rid of the volume icon since I always use the keyboard for that.

Majine

Banned
I really want to change my taskbar icons to lineart icons, but it doesn't seem as easy as I thought. Can't seem to find anything on it online.

Li Kao

Sorry for the necro but I'm fed up with how my win10 looks and I can't for the life of me obtain what a lot of people seem to have set.

Picture #1
I want that first bar with the app list to go die in a fire. How ?

Picture #2
Is it possible to have the very first icon bar with the user portrait always expanded ?
Like with this gaffer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom