• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S2 |OT| Dawn of Altruism - Mondays 8/7c

Season 2 started off great, huge difference compared to season 1. It had a good balance of dark, goofy/comicy I guess and interesting characters. As soon as the Azrael shit happened it went downhill.

The finale is just bad all around, my God what is this shit?

The fake Jim.... really? I guess I am the only one but I really didn't enjoy these parts one bit. Fish proving in every damn scene how pointless she is, each time I see a scene of her I'm like "you are just so irrelevant." it actually annoys me. Such a unlikeable character and I am pissed off that we're gonna see more of her in S3. That scene with her and Penguin, sigh really? We're getting that again?

I am sure that with her new powers now they definitely aren't gonna do away with her anytime soon. But it's not all Fish money being shit, overall it was just bad. Something happened in these last three or four episodes that made it go downhill. Oh and Barbara, why is she still around?

To be honest, I'm not even looking forward to Season 3. Something I wasn't expecting to be saying when I was halfway through 2.

Fish is great. Firefly is solid, though overly melodramatic (and not in the usual, good way). Neither of them ruined anything, imo.

And Clayface was goddamn hilarious.

Fish is great. Firefly is solid, though overly melodramatic (and not in the usual, good way). Neither of them ruined anything, imo.

And Clayface was goddamn hilarious.

Great? What exactly is she adding to the show? Because I really find her pointless. She did her thing in season 1,outstayed her welcome as well, man that island stuff was ridiculous, but she's really not needed anymore.

Great? What exactly is she adding to the show? Because I really find her pointless. She did her thing in season 1,outstayed her welcome as well, man that island stuff was ridiculous, but she's really not needed anymore.

Because she's entertaining, with her scenery chewing and larger-than-life attitude.

What is this "necessary" you speak of?

Kaizer

Banned
Here you go, fresh off the cut.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

7pprmH.gif

giphy.gif

tF67Pn.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Just finished the season & was hoping to see these, AMAZING LOL! Really loved Season 2 of Gotham, but DC Show on TV currently & excited to see where they go for Season 3. Glad that Fish Mooney is back, I enjoy her character a lot and I missed seeing her this season to put torment the Penguin hahaha. Also stoked to go deeper with the Court Of Owls.

Because she's entertaining, with her scenery chewing and larger-than-life attitude.

What is this "necessary" you speak of?

With that I mean that in every scene she's in she just feels so incredibly irrelevant to me. But I understand that she has supporters to to speak and there are also people who just want the makers to get rid of the character. Whatever the case for season 3,i really hope they change things around because the last few episodes from Azrael to the finale just felt different to me, silly and not in a good way, uninteresting and just not of the quality it was before that.

Pachimari

I really wonder why they are recasting her but of course there can be tons of reasons. Hopefully they clarify it before or during next season.

Pachimari

Or her contract is up, or they weren't convinced of her abilities, or a clause were activated, or her parents asked for more money, or she have something going on in her personal life, maybe wants to focus on education etc. There can be so many reasons for this recast.

Oddduck

http://tvline.com/2016/06/20/gotham-season-3-jamie-chung-valerie-vale-cast-fox/

TVLine has learned exclusively that Once Upon a Time warrior Jamie Chung has been cast in the recurring role of
Valerie Vale. Gotham Gazette‘s newest hire, Valerie is a crackerjack reporter dead set on uncovering the truth behind Indian Hill. Confident and dogged, she will do anything to get the scoop, and soon sets her sights on Gordon, who she believes is the key lead in her story.

UPDATE: A source confirms that Valerie is Vicki’s aunt.

Poison Ivy is being recast for Season 3. Now played by Maggie Geha.

“Following an encounter with a monster from Indian Hill, Ivy Pepper finds herself reborn, and one step closer to the DC villain she is destined to become: Poison Ivy. Now a 19-year-old woman who’s harnessed the full power of her charms, she sets her sights on Bruce Wayne.”

source: Deadline

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Clare Foley, the actress that played Ivy in the first 2 seasons is currently 14 years old. She turns 15 in September. David Mazouz is 15 years old and turns 16 next February. I'm guessing they want to play up the sexual nature of Ivy and they can't do that with a 14/15 yr old actress. Still not going to understand how they're going to age her up and have it make sense. You can't take a 10 year old, age them to be 30 over the course of a few months and be like, "Ok, now we can have sexy times!" Their brain and emotional state don't age.

Oddduck

You can't take a 10 year old, age them to be 30 over the course of a few months and be like, "Ok, now we can have sexy times!" Their brain and emotional state don't age.

I agree with you that it's weird, but keep in mind that this 28-year-old actress is playing a 19-year-old Ivy.

Finally got around to finishing the season. It was definitely far more consistent than the other DC shows, but the finale was kinda meh. Surprisingly enjoyed it overall.

Also, why bring back Mooney? Why?

VanWinkle

Finally got around to finishing the season. It was definitely far more consistent than the other DC shows, but the finale was kinda meh. Surprisingly enjoyed it overall.

Also, why bring back Mooney? Why?

I think it got TOO outlandish though the second half of the season. It was good, but it's really silly now.

Oddduck

Gotham Casts James Carpinello as
Mario Falcone, son of Carmine Falcone.

The Fox drama has cast James Carpinello (The Good Wife, Person of Interest) to play the pivotal role of mob progeny Mario Falcone — and his first order of business appears to be whacking Jim (Ben McKenzie) and Lee’s (Morena Baccarin) romance.

The son of feared mob boss Carmine Falcone (John Doman), Carpinello’s Mario has rejected his family’s criminal ways and made a legitimate life for himself as a well-respected, Ivy League-educated ER doctor. He’s kind, honest and trustworthy, making him the black sheep of the Falcone clan. But — and here’s where the official character description gets interesting — his arrival in Gotham will create major waves in the personal life of Jim Gordon, who at the end of Season 2 left town to find and win back his pregnant fiancee Lee.

Source: TVLine

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
So this is interesting. Looks like there's going to be some kind of hand off during season 3 for the Ivy role. They're not going to just age her up off camera...

2vJ9Jcc.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Ivy is actually a 9000 year old dragon.

Hyun Sai

Ok, this must the only show where a man is strucked by full force fire and ice and got no injury because they cancelled each other. And it felt right.

This show embraces the full comic stupidity and more, and I love it.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Jamie Chung looking flawless as ever.

Top Bottom