• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

seb

Banned
Angst said:
Calm down, it was just a wishful guess from my part. :) although I think it should be possible. Extra exciting if you have a pal watching the game and when he turns around the game looks around as well. :lol

My own guess: it's more about using the PSEye for head scanning rather than tracking. Someone alluded to that some pages ago in this own thread. Waiting for official translation now...

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
So what happens when I race a car with damage vs. cars without damage?

This is really strange.

Paracelsus said:
You mean it won't have external damage, or just visible internal one?

I don't think so. It's worth remembering that when Kaz was interviewed last year he specifically mentioned race cars as the cars that would feature damage. That's probably a big reason as to why NASCAR and WRC are now in the series.

RavenFox

Banned
Where the fuck is the official English press release? Footage tomorrow I think.

chespace said:

This is really strange.
Like you will.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Zhuk said:
What do you guys think of this? I think that releasing GT5 like this would be like releasing an incomplete game and certainly not up to the standards of perfection that PD's fans expect, or that PD expect of themselves. Maybe Sony is really pressuring them to release the game early? regardless it is very uncharacteristic of them to be only releasing the game with a quarter of the cars completed sounds very strange.

Regardless we should probably wait for clarification instead of relying on a dodgy translation, but still something fishy is going on..

What do I think? I think your time would be better spent in the Forza threads talking about how great it is than not-so-stealthily trolling the GT5 threads.

When you go out of your way to generate FUD over a crappy translation it makes you kind of obvious, you know?

Insane Metal

Gold Member
chespace said:

This is really strange.
Why not wait for a confirmation on that first? We still don't even know what all that stuff means, there's no GOOD translation so far.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
chespace said:

This is really strange.

Probably class-restricted races... aka only damage-enabled cars lobby or only non damage cars lobby.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Niks said:
830 kinds of standard model (some are from Gran Turismo 4 that have been carried over to GT5) [Read: Cars we have seen in GT4 before ]

Note the "some" not "all"...

So 170 cars have damage + cockpit view
830 cars have no damage + but some of them may not include cockpit view??

There's no way.

It has to be this, there's no way they've only made 100 new cars in the last couple of years.

It sounds as if there are 170 cars that have both damage IN and OUT of the car.
The rest have the cockpit view, but no damage IN the cockpit view.

RavenFox

Banned
Zhuk said:
The updated physics sounds promising, hopefully they have moved to tyre-based physics finally and joined the rest of the industry.

It also looks like weather and night/day modes won't be present either.

So they are saying that only 170 of the cars will have interior modelling and damage, while 830 of the cars will be without these premium features (i.e. no cockpit or damage).

What do you guys think of this? I think that releasing GT5 like this would be like releasing an incomplete game and certainly not up to the standards of perfection that PD's fans expect, or that PD expect of themselves. Maybe Sony is really pressuring them to release the game early? regardless it is very uncharacteristic of them to be only releasing the game with a quarter of the cars completed sounds very strange.

Regardless we should probably wait for clarification instead of relying on a dodgy translation, but still something fishy is going on..
lol please troll another thread. You act like no one knows your shit already.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
The list of features is somewhat impressive. But there are a couple of things not mentioned that I'm curious about:

1)No mention of the multiplayer netcode being improved upon. From what I understand, the netcode in GT5P is abysmal to say the least, and is in need of a major overhaul. My dream would be to see the full game utilize GGPO-like netcode where lag is virtually non-existant.

2)No mention of being able to spectate live races. Is there anything in the feature list hinting that this will be possible? I'd be pretty disappointed if it weren't.

mr_nothin

Banned
chespace said:

This is really strange.
Facepalm....

You dont allow those kinds of races. That would be the obvious solution. You only allow damage-able cars race against others that can be damaged.

If the damage is limited to 170 vehicles, it will be exclusive to a certain class of vehicles. (i.e. NASCAR)
That`s the only way to facilitate (practical) online play.
But yeah, talk about certain posters being totally transparent.:lol :lol :lol

chespace said:

This is really strange.

You wait until the official translation to figure out if that's really what they're talking about.

Even so, how many races in GT3 and 4 had you pitting race cars vs civics

Mobius 1

I really want to get excited, but all the translations so far have been inconsistent. Let's wait a bit.

1000+ cars is fantastic, though :D

thuway

Zhuk said:
The updated physics sounds promising, hopefully they have moved to tyre-based physics finally and joined the rest of the industry.

So they are saying that only 170 of the cars will have interior modelling and damage, while 830 of the cars will be without these premium features (i.e. no cockpit or damage).

:lol
:lol

Guys check his post history, I'm too lazy to do it. :lol

Edit: Seriously Mods, I know Wollan was a little stealthy, but this guy is taking too far.

BeeDog

Woo-Fu said:
What do I think? I think your time would be better spent in the Forza threads talking about how great it is than not-so-stealthily trolling the GT5 threads.

When you go out of your way to generate FUD over a crappy translation it makes you kind of obvious, you know?

:lol Zhuk has almost mastered the art of subtle trolling though, gotta give him props for that. Still, he's one of the worst around lately.

And not really a surprise that chespace decides to skip all the positive stuff the bad translation brought with it. Though I honestly believe he does this to feed his anti-GT image he has gotten lately. :p

Woo-Fu

Banned
chespace said:

This is really strange.

You don't have to model damage graphically to model its effects upon vehicle performance. I'm not saying that is what will be done, obviously.

alba

Little is the new Big
Just wait for the official translation before making any assumptions regarding damage. To me it's like some premium models will have interior damage while the regular models won't and just have exterior damage only.

RavenFox

Banned
FROM GT PLANET

I friend of mine that knows japanese translated it in italian for me ( i asked to traslate only cars part) and it understood this :
1000 cars (all with cockpit and maybe damage), 170 (with damages also in cockpit) 830 (with cockpit and esterior damage, not damage in cockpit and seen since gt4). the 170 are premium dont' know what stand for maybe pay for it.

Believe in the god Kaz.

wouwie

As a GT newbie (only played GT5 Prologue), i always assumed cockpit view was standard in GT? Was GT5 Prologue the first one in the series to offer cockpit view? I can't imagine playing this game without cockpit view. Seems strange for a game which claims to be the "real driving simulator".

But let's wait for some official announcement/translation.

belvedere

Junior Butler
offshore said:
"* More than 20 courses. * Layout of more than 60"

??????????????????

Most courses have different configurations.

Watkins Glen Nascar layout is different than other series, for example.

roxya

chespace said:

This is really strange.

Stick to trolling GT in your own game's thread, please.

And yes, making an assumption like that based off some obviously flawed translations is trolling.

Paracelsus

At this point I'm scared, visible damage on a seventh of the cars total number would be ridiculous, as in absolutely ridiculous. Reduce the number of vehicles, cut some of the slower/older ones, but make visible damage on all of them, damn it.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Paracelsus said:
At this point I'm scared, visible damage on a seventh of the cars total number would be ridiculous, as in absolutely ridiculous. Reduce the number of vehicles, cut some of the slower/older ones, but make visible damage on all of them, damn it.

Well lucky for you, there's a snowball's chance in hell that's the case.

Angst

wouwie said:
As a GT newbie (only played GT5 Prologue), i always assumed cockpit view was standard in GT? Was GT5 Prologue the first one in the series to offer cockpit view? I can't imagine playing this game without cockpit view. Seems strange for a game which claims to be the "real driving simulator".

But let's wait for some official announcement/translation.
None of the old games had cockpit view (or they did, but no modeled interiors only gauges). It would have looked really ugly on the PS2 anyway.

Bitmap Frogs said:
Probably class-restricted races... aka only damage-enabled cars lobby or only non damage cars lobby.

That would make sense. IIRC Yamauchi said in the AUDI interview they'd include damage modelling for race cars.

Every site took that as confirmation for a damage model. However Yamauchi was talking about race cars.

RavenFox

Banned
Paracelsus said:
There not check my post above. All have damage.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
chespace said:

This is really strange.
Nobody knows yet. Really, maybe all cars have damage and this comment would look stupid.

Issun23

RavenFox said:
FROM GT PLANET

Believe in the god Kaz.

There is no indication on that page that all 1000 cars have cockpit view/damage. Next to the 1000 there's just the kanji for car and type.

spwolf

Zhuk said:

i think you should finally stop trolling and go away.

roxya said:
Stick to trolling GT in your own game's thread, please.

And yes, making an assumption like that based off some obviously flawed translations is trolling.

He sounds more inquisitive than trolling,Give him a break.

RavenFox

Banned
Issun23 said:
There is no indication on that page that all 1000 cars have cockpit view/damage. Next to the 1000 there's just the kanji for car and type.
Can you translate then? His bud speaks the language. What does the page say to you?

DOBERMAN INC said:
Your kiddin right?

wouwie

Angst said:
None of the old games had cockpit view (or they did, but no modeled interiors only gauges). It would have looked really ugly on the PS2 anyway.

Wow, that's nice to know. My assumption was wrong. But they had the outside view looking from inside the car (just without the cockpit interior). Still way better than outside from behind the car view. I'm fine with that.

Zhuk

Banned
Woo-Fu said:

I am not trolling :lol the sad thing is that I will play this game a lot more than the defensive fanboys in this thread ever will :lol GT is the only reason I even have a PS3.

anyways, say what you guys want, but the fact is that 830 of those cars are going to be incomplete compared to the 170. If that includes cockpit and damage, it is definitely not up to PD's standards and the game is definitely being rushed out the door by Sony.

If, for example, Forza or NFS: Shift were to do the same thing, the game would never be released in that state.

BeeDog

DOBERMAN INC said:

He's a troll, you should see his blatant troll posts in the Forza 3 topic especially, and in various other PS3 topics. You'd probably have better luck trying to defend che. :p

Zhuk said:

You talking out yo ass boy

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Zhuk said:
anyways, say what you guys want, but the fact is that
Let me try to spell this out for you:

THERE ARE NO FACTS AT THE MOMENT, UNLESS YOU READ JAPANESE.

Holy freaking crap, some people.

EschatonDX said:
dude somebody needs to MAKE A NEW THREAD
Not until the official translation is in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom