• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shurs

Zhuk said:
I am not trolling :lol the sad thing is that I will play this game a lot more than the defensive fanboys in this thread ever will :lol GT is the only reason I even have a PS3.

anyways, say what you guys want, but the fact is that 830 of those cars are going to be incomplete compared to the 170. If that includes cockpit and damage, it is definitely not up to PD's standards and the game is definitely being rushed out the door by Sony.

If, for example, Forza or NFS: Shift were to do the same thing, the game would never be released in that state.

Doesn't Forza cut the frame rate in half when in cockpit view?

RavenFox said:
Your kiddin right?

I know who he is,There was no malice in his words.He may have a genuine interest and he may not but you judged him from a statement any other poster could use that would go unnoticed.

spwolf

Zhuk said:
I am not trolling :lol the sad thing is that I will play this game a lot more than the defensive fanboys in this thread ever will :lol GT is the only reason I even have a PS3.

anyways, say what you guys want, but the fact is that 830 of those cars are going to be incomplete compared to the 170. If that includes cockpit and damage, it is definitely not up to PD's standards and the game is definitely being rushed out the door by Sony.

If, for example, Forza or NFS: Shift were to do the same thing, the game would never be released in that state.

in what state exactly? You have no idea what are you talking about because of translation which is unclear so what we are left with is trolling, as usual, as seen by pretty much every post of yours in ps3 related threads.

You are dissapointed at PD and Forza guys would never ship incomplete game like PD. Thats what you saying, and you are not trolling? :lol

Nice to hear the Forza guys give their two cents.:lol
whats gets me is in that other thread, they act like they`re above the riff raff and shenanigans going in here.

BeeDog said:
He's a troll, you should see his blatant troll posts in the Forza 3 topic especially, and in various other PS3 topics. You'd probably have better luck trying to defend che. :p

I know he has trolled many times before but accusing him from questions like the way he did creates feuds prematurely.It would make sense to just humour him instead of confronting him.

commedieu

Banned
chespace said:
So what happens when I race a car with damage vs. cars without damage?

This is really strange.

Well, I think what its saying is that it will have more than 8 vehicles in a race, in 60fps @ 1280x1080, that it will look near photoreal in game as well, they will probably continue to release in-game HD gui footage of the game so you know the actual game looks amazing as well, because some developers have a history of using bullshots for their games second version, which looked absolutely nothing like the actual gameplay. blah blah Rally Mode, Blah Blah 1000 cars, blah blah.

I'm just curious to see how well GT5 will sell, because the demo sold more than some games that are bundled with game systems which have larger install bases.

EDIT:

HEAD TRACKING!?!?!?! I just... my pants... oh no. Well, that wraps up that little scuffle. Maybe next year?

thuway said:
:lol
:lol
Guys check his post history, I'm too lazy to do it. :lol
Edit: Seriously Mods, I know Wollan was a little stealthy, but this guy is taking too far.

checking profile, n4g villain
checking google "zhuk n4g"
http://www.n4g.com/up/11985/comments.aspx

oh boy...
Only Xbox 360 and Forza 3 can provide this level of realism, Forza 3 is undoubtedly the definitive racing simulator this generation.
The best looking and playing games are on Xbox 360, the biggest titles, the best library and the console with the most amount of award winning features can Only be found on the Xbox 360. Starting at $199, the Xbox 360 treats its consumers and fans right.
Xbox 360 and Games for Windows, a winning combination for the future
The Xbox 360 is the future, and is the true home entertainment ecosystem for the new millenium.
It's time to pack up shop Sony, you're no longer wanted, in fact you never were

seriously dude, they never should have allowed you here...

belvedere

Junior Butler
theignoramus said:
Nice to hear the Forza guys give their two cents.:lol
whats gets me is in that other thread, they act like they`re above the riff raff and shenanigans going in here.

That's a charade they've been participating in for quite awhile now.

I haven't posted in there for quite some time because of it.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
godhandiscen said:
Nobody knows yet. Really, maybe all cars have damage and this comment would look stupid.

Hopefully, all 1000 cars have cockpits.

I can understand restricting damage to race cars and rally cars.

Issun23

RavenFox said:
Can you translate then? His bud speaks the language. What does the page say to you?

This is what it says:

Car count

1000 car models
170 premium car models (interior design, damage compliant)
830 standard car models (models brought forward from Gran Turismo 4)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
kazuma_pt said:
checking profile, n4g villain
checking google "zhuk n4g"
http://www.n4g.com/up/11985/comments.aspx

oh boy...

seriously dude, they never should have allowed you here...
WHAT THE HELL :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

But it's not like he said anything bad about Gran Turi...

While the fandroids are still waiting beyond for their outdated physics and gameplay which is synonymous with the Gran Turismo franchise, I will be enjoying the next iteration of the award winning Forza franchise, superior in every way to Sony's mediocre racing 'simulator'.

Xbox 360 enthusiasts worldwide are looking forward with great anticipation to October, where Xbox 360 and Forza 3 retain the crown as the King of Console Racing Simulation for the rest of eternity.

...oh. Nevermind.

roxya

DOBERMAN INC said:
I know he has trolled many times before but accusing him from questions like the way he did creates feuds prematurely.It would make sense to just humour him instead of confronting him.

Not one of us really knows what the hell that translation means for damage. How can I humour people who treat pure speculation as facts?

belvedere

Junior Butler
How many cars did Prologue have?

No one really believe's they've only made 100, 150 cars with cockpit views in the last 2 years...right?

evolution

Zhuk said:

Your the nut that said nothing this generation will come close to Forza 3. Why are you in this thread? Why would anyone wanna discuss this game you? Seriously...

roxya said:
Not one of us really knows what the hell that translation means for damage. How can I humour people who treat pure speculation as facts?

Sorry didn't mean to start something,I just don't like this GT thread fucked up with arguments.Let just carry on with the GT love and hope PD translate soon.

Zhuk said:

Yeah, Turn 10 would never, EVER ship an unfinished game.

Forza 1 running at 30 frames was just my imagination going wild.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
chespace said:
Hopefully, all 1000 cars have cockpits.

I can understand restricting damage to race cars and rally cars.
I will not even play GT5 (don't own a PS3, and my racing buddy is a Forza guy), I am just in this thread to see who trolls who because I know that threads like this one drag the trolls and eventually you see meltdowns, which are incredibly amussing, like the one of thejared and fender_uk in the Forza thread. However, I was dissapointed in seeing your comment instigating flames when nothing had even been confirmed.

AndyD

aka andydumi
chubigans said:
WHAT THE HELL :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

But it's not like he said anything bad about Gran Turi...

...oh. Nevermind.

I just burst out laughing at work, becasue I knew someone would do something like this.

Now will we get an epic meltdown where he defends his statements?

spwolf

belvedere said:
How many cars did Prologue have?

No one really believe's they've only made 100, 150 cars with cockpit views in the last 2 years...right?

70-80, yep...

it seems to me that they will have 170 cars with either damage or interior damage... however they mention damage in another point, so it could be that 170 cars are realistically modeled for damage (which i assume would be very hard to do) while all others still have interior and damage....

belvedere

Junior Butler
spwolf said:
70-80, yep...

it seems to me that they will have 170 cars with either damage or interior damage... however they mention damage in another point, so it could be that 170 cars are realistically modeled for damage (which i assume would be very hard to do) while all others still have interior and damage....

I keep going back to they all have damage, but the 170 is the amount of cars with interior visible damage in addition to external damage. Rally cars maybe?

thuway

Zhuk said:

Your like 2 steps away from being banned buddy. Ease up.

offshore

The thing I just don't get though is that the 70 cars in 5P must be part of the cars that have damage, because they are the cars with interior modelling.

I was under the impresison that Ferrari were extremely resistant to damage.

This just doesn't add up.

Issun23

theignoramus said:
But GT4 didnt have 830 standard car models.

It had over 700, yes. Could it be PD is including GTPortable's cars too?

About the track count, it says "more than 20 courses, with more than 60 layouts." That's the translation, word for word.

belvedere said:
I keep going back to they all have damage, but the 170 is the amount of cars with interior visible damage in addition to external damage. Rally cars maybe?

That would be the ideal outcome for this.Really hope its true.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Yikes, that's a pretty ruthless undoing (re. Zhuk) :lol

Would like some official western pr...bit crazy this is a german expo yet info seems to be only on Japanese sites.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
godhandiscen said:
I will not even play GT5 (don't own a PS3, and my racing buddy is a Forza guy), I am just in this thread to see who trolls who because I know that threads like this one drag the trolls and eventually you see meltdowns, which are incredibly amussing, like the one of thejared and fender_uk in the Forza thread. However, I was dissapointed in seeing your comment instigating flames when nothing had even been confirmed.

I was not instigating a flame but, whatever, you can read into it however you like. I understand nothing's been confirmed so my original post was in the same spirit of head-scratching as the rest of the folks here.

I was curious how damage on only a small subset of cars would play with the rest of the 800+ cars in the game.

And like someone mentioned, not allowing those cars to interact with the "non-premium" models would be one way of dealing with it I guess.

Zhuk

Banned
I'm guessing everyone here is fine with the fact that only 170 of the cars are feature complete then while 830 (83%) of the cars are feature incomplete??? I don't understand why I am the only one to think that this is inexcusable for a racing game this generation.

-x.Red.x-

thuway said:
Your like 2 steps away from being banned buddy. Ease up.

if he gets banned here i hope
it's AFTER GT will get a higher score
and eats his hat with that DEC release.
if that comes true

but let's not crash this thread
anyway

i think 1000 cars,
170 premium with special damage
830 with full damage

i cannot imagine PD releasing with just 170 with damage no way in hell...

Zhuk said:
I'm guessing everyone here is fine with the fact that only 170 of the cars are feature complete then while 830 (83%) of the cars are feature incomplete??? I don't understand why I am the only one to think that this is inexcusable for a racing game this generation.

Jack shit has been confirmed.wait for the press release.

DuckRacer

chespace said:
I was not instigating a flame but, whatever, you can read into it however you like. I understand nothing's been confirmed so my original post was in the same spirit of head-scratching as the rest of the folks here.

I was curious how damage on only a small subset of cars would play with the rest of the 800+ cars in the game.

And like someone mentioned, not allowing those cars to interact with the "non-premium" models would be one way of dealing with it I guess.
If a race car races alongside a Ford Mustang, the race car simply wouldn't have any sort of damage, whether internal or cosmetic. Similar to turning off damage completely in FM2.

commedieu

Banned
Zhuk said:

You said fact...

when there are no facts yet.

and as others have translated-retranslated, it appears that the confusion is if there is damage on the INTERIORS of 170 or not.

I highly doubt PD ships a game with 1000 cars, and only 170 interiors.. when prologue had 70..

Its no inexcusable, and as someone who doesn't want to buy GT5 anyway.. why bother?

I think its inexcusable for a game to not have interior damage in the first place!

spwolf

Zhuk said:

because we and you have clue what that means, you are just trolling :lol

Niks

For me at least,

I fully expected, that not all cars would have damage... but also I fully expected all cars to have cockpit view, even if that meant a smaller car count....

again, we have to wait for a proper translation.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
chespace said:

I doubt that will happen. Most likely the cockpit damage is something you only notice when you are driving in cockpit view and so it only affects one player, so there isnt a difference. Also, I bet not all cars have the same level of damage, which will make for some odd looking views, but thats up to the player. Personally, I wouldn't take a game like that, it feels incomplete the way it has been described now, and I doubt it will stay that way, so i will wait for further confirmation.
mr_nothin said:
Funny how we have guys like this around who dont even try to hide the trolling, yet Wollan is banned. :|
lol cry me a river. Wollan was one of the main subjects for me to watch due to his ridiculous trolling. Sometimes I would just look up his post history to see in which new trolling shenanigans he got.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Jesus Christ guys! Castrating Che much? He just asked a simple question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom