• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
jett said:
You seriously think that?

Why wouldn't they? The game isn't coming out till March. It'd be pointless to announce everything in the game right now.

Anyway, March isn't too far off. I'd rather have GT5 the way Polyphony wants it to be done rather than rushed out the door to meet the Christmas rush.

Niks said:
Kazunori is saying it's the most significant advance in photo mode in years.

Not your fault, but i think i'm not allowed to say what i think about this achievement. They better not sacrifice things like weather wasting time with this.

I know i'm the minority, but i don't give a fuck about photomode.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
You people are funny :)

March 2010 is fine with me. I still hold out hope for at least night time, if not weather. They didn't mention nascar and rally, so it's not like they mentioned everything anyway.

That Ferrari GT5 video... that has the best graphics I've ever seen.

I think it'll be awesome.

GT5 in 2010 is bullshit!!! WTF Polyphony. Way to drop the ball. Now what am I going to play this winter break?? Might as well sell my PS3 for a Forza 360 bundle now. Fuck at this rate Forza 4 is going to come out before GT5. What a joke! :mad:

p.s. Sony 3rd place this holiday confirmed!!!

TheFatOne

Thunderbear said:
You people are funny :)

March 2010 is fine with me. I still hold out hope for at least night time, if not weather. They didn't mention nascar and rally, so it's not like they mentioned everything anyway.

That Ferrari GT5 video... that has the best graphics I've ever seen.

I think it'll be awesome.

No doubt the game is going to be awesome, but man it sure is taking a long ass time.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
SolidSnakex said:
Why wouldn't they? The game isn't coming out till March. It'd be pointless to announce everything in the right now.

Anyway, March isn't too far off. I'd rather have GT5 the way Polyphony wants it to be done rather than rushed out the door to meet the Christmas rush.
QFT. Its obvious they still have alot of work to do and I rather they do it right. And I do think weather will be in the game if they are pushing it to March.

psilva

Well now we won't have to start that new thread now, will we? :D 300 pages here we come.

Yeah, it's a bummer that the release is still so far away but that's just how it is with some quality titles. Try and stay positive.

And I know I'm a dreamer but if the game is only at 65%, I'm praying for rain/night races.

jett

D-Member
SolidSnakex said:
Why wouldn't they? The game isn't coming out till March. It'd be pointless to announce everything in the game right now.

So what exactly are you waiting for them to announce? You won't get weather and you won't get day/night cycles. Just so you know.

offshore

Well, I did get myself believing GT5 would be out in December, so perhaps we shouldn't expect more features.

But seriously, I by mean March 2010 and that's nearly 6 years in development, they can't not include weather, day/night cycles, sophisticated damage.

tapedeck said:
QFT. Its obvious they still have alot of work to do and I rather they do it right. And I do think weather will be in the game if they are pushing it to March.

In addition to the NASCAR and WRC logos, the trailer showed crashes. "This is something that was wanted for a long time, and we thought we'd add it if we had the chance, so we put it on our list. At a technical level, it's possible to replicate anything. All that remains is a question of priorities. For example, weather changes, wipers, etc."

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/06/05/gran_turismo_interview/

Perhaps they've now decided to put damage on all cars and extended development time as appropriate. Quite a few people were disappointed with it, and there seems to be evidence popping up now that it's not just on race cars.

imtehman

Banned
offshore said:
Well, I did get myself believing GT5 would be out in December, so perhaps we shouldn't expect more features.

But seriously, I by mean March 2010 and that's nearly 6 years in development, they can't not include weather, day/night cycles, sophisticated damage.

to be fair, they do have 950 cars, plus the extended time it takes to make games on the ps3 adds up, plus the difficulty(if any) they might of had with the new hardware

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
jett said:
seriously fuck that guy. if he posts here he should get perm'd.
that guy has brought more actual info about GT than the rest of gaf combined, and squared. GTFO.

kevm3

It's like Sony is trying to hand over the console driving sim market to Microsoft, just like they handed over their console lead to Nintendo and Microsoft. GT5 has better graphics and may have better features than Forza, but really, who cares when you may not get to play it until 6 months later? If its going to be until March in Japan, it may be June until we see it in the states. Just utterly incompetent.

Mobius 1

Disappointed, but not unexpected. I'd like to learn a little more about the game, however.

I think we will see an early summer release outside Japan.

DuckRacer

Hahaha, fucking sad.

Only 20 environments, 70 variations? March 2010 for Japan? GT4 had 35+ environments and 100 variants; only a little more than half the environments after five years what the shit is pathetic. No mention of weather or day/night cycles or anything, either?

I'm ridiculously disappointed and I didn't even follow the two conferences. :lol Ugh.

edit: Amar means well and is a nice guy, but I'd really like to know where he got his supposed information for his winds and all. He's only been right with GT PSP and arguably the release date (which doesn't take much to guess).

TheFatOne

kevm3 said:
It's like Sony is trying to hand over the console driving sim market to Microsoft, just like they handed over their console lead to Nintendo and Microsoft. GT5 has better graphics and may have better features than Forza, but really, who cares when you may not get to play it until 6 months later? If its going to be until March in Japan, it may be June until we see it in the states. Just utterly incompetent.

:lol :lol :lol

jett

D-Member
SolidSnakex said:
I'm just saying, be a little patient. :p March 2010 is a good thing because it gives them more time for those priorities.

r1j0n4.gif

blind to reality

psilva

kevm3 said:
GT5 has better graphics and may have better features than *****, but really, who cares when you may not get to play it until 6 months later?.
Haha, I remember having these same feelings years ago during the release of the second iteration of that other racing sim. Here we are in 2009 and the third one is coming out before GT5 is on the shelves. Not a complaint, but I do validate these feelings! Haha what we go through for our games... :lol

P.S. - Sorry for the vague writing, just try to be careful here.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
gosh, the fanboy's* butthurt in this thread is drawning everything else atm. i'm out of here.

* and not even gt fanboys, 'cause those know better than to whine about kaz' release dates, but sales fanboys.

SolidSnakex said:

Considering the release date, we better get all that and a bag of chips.

DuckRacer said:
Hahaha, fucking sad.

Only 20 environments, 70 variations? March 2010 for Japan? GT4 had 35+ environments and 100 variants; only a little more than half the environments after five years what the shit is pathetic. No mention of weather or day/night cycles or anything, either?

I'm ridiculously disappointed and I didn't even follow the two conferences. :lol Ugh.

edit: Amar means well and is a nice guy, but I'd really like to know where he got his supposed information for his winds and all. He's only been right with GT PSP and arguably the release date (which doesn't take much to guess).

I didn't even see that, GTPSP has 35 unique tracks and GT5 only has 20? This is feces.

Espada

DuckRacer said:
Hahaha, fucking sad.

Agreed. I was keeping an eye on this thread and what would be announced. The release date doesn't surprise me (Sony really needs to give the Polyphony guys 3-4 years tops to make a GT game) but the fact that they're trying to pass off less as more kind of blows.

Its true that in reality, its only a 3 month "delay" but fuck that cross over to next year just hurts mentally. Way to many games in the first three months of 10, what are people thinking.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
jett said:
20 environments is fucking sad.

It's 20 locations, you fool. 70 tracks in total. They are using like 6 tracks in the US alone, close to 10 in Japan, a bunch in Europe, and everywhere else in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom