• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

i-Lo

Grayman said:
maybe they will not do a reveal for it at all.

I hope you do realize that it would be counterproductive for Sony and PD not to showcase it given it's a brand new feature that so many have been asking for....

aryanr said:
I hope you do realize that it would be counterproductive for Sony and PD not to showcase it given it's a brand new feature that so many have been asking for....

A) The game is only scheduled for release in March in Japan.
B) Kaz has said the only people that have been asking for damage to be added to the series are Americans, not Europeans or the Japanese.

Kaz seems to be well aware that they aren't making a crash simulator like Burnout, so showing off a feature that he doesn't think will be head and shoulders above the rest probably isn't high on his list.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
i wonder about the chances of getting that CES demo (or something similar) on PSN down the line but still before NA release.. /ultra-wishful thinking

i-Lo

Valkyr Junkie said:
A) The game is only scheduled for release in March in Japan.
B) Kaz has said the only people that have been asking for damage to be added to the series are Americans, not Europeans or the Japanese.

Kaz seems to be well aware that they aren't making a crash simulator like Burnout, so showing off a feature that he doesn't think will be head and shoulders above the rest probably isn't high on his list.

You B) sounds a bit like paraphrasing a generalization. However, a publicity stunt with the crashing model would not hurt PD.

Also, PD needs to look at the damage modelling in a more positive way. Simply, something was missing from the series and now it is a complete simulator. Add to that the future iterations will be modular with regards to collision physics, driving physics etc, it will be less work next time around.

skulpt

I'm going nuts with all the different builds out there right now. Now we have 8 cars on track looking great with no damage but good sounds. Maybe PD can release an old build for us to play that just has good sounds but old physics, visuals, and no damage but 16 cars. LOL

RavenFox

Banned

Niks

Great interview. Translator-san is awesome as usual.
:D

I found it interesting that raytraced graphics would be Yamauchis goal in term of graphics... maybe in the PS5?

ei84xx.gif

spats

Xater said:
Yamauchi again talking about motion controller. Next PD will be Omega Boost 2 with Sony Wand controll. Mark my words! ;)

That could be pretty interesting.

edit: nobody dare post the motion control wanking gif.

torontoml said:
Ya I had seen that picture, is there more to it or is that all?

Just the non wireframe version. In the ad you can slide your mouse over it to see more of the actual game or the wireframe version of it. It's set on the London track.

oh man, the MCLAREN F1 is in...hellz yeah

If they put in the LM version and the LEMANS winner, imagine. believe.

On another note, the game looks gorgeous. Makes me want to play my psp gt even though I had put that away since I had lost the drive to play it.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
So that's what a Slim Test looks like...

The retail units aren't that shiny are they?

edit - and indeed, that TV looks amazing.

cakefoo

gofreak said:
So that's what a Slim Test looks like...

The retail units aren't that shiny are they?

edit - and indeed, that TV looks amazing.
You're just seeing the camera flash bouncing off the reflective surfaces of the tv's bezel and screen. ;)

AnIco

Leckan said:
What the fuck is that sound in the interview? That's some Silent Hill shit.

The TV's not too shabby either.
Sony were firing off a large sub-woofer which was situated above the interview room.

Niks

BeeDog said:
Fucking Tokyo.

still looks fucking amazing.
:D

But yeah, I wonder why they are not releasing info and shots on the classic GT tracks... Id like to believe its because they look so fucking awesome, they don't want to spoil us early.
2dsijoy.jpg

MGR

Niks said:
s
But yeah, I wonder why they are not releasing info and shots on the classic GT tracks... Id like to believe its because they look so fucking awesome, they don't want to spoil us early.

Looking forward to updated classic tracks. GT4 always seemed too dark at most of the tracks.

2z7fjia.jpg

mclaren777

MGR said:
Looking forward to updated classic tracks.
And I'm looking forward to Polyphony fixing the mistakes they made in GT4--namely, changing some of the track layouts from how they were in GT3. Midfield, Deep Forest, and a few others had some reprofiled corners that I really disliked.

offshore

...and most probably left unimpressed. Hopefully PD have a "proper" demo with weather, night racing, and four or five cars for people to get a better taste, because so far, the TT feels like a bit of a PR blunder.

Ranger X

offshore said:
...and most probably left unimpressed. Hopefully PD have a "proper" demo with weather, night racing, and four or five cars for people to get a better taste, because so far, the TT feels like a bit of a PR blunder.

Well, it's not really demo and wasn't meant to showcase anything either. I'm sure people didn't understand and that it will influience the game negatively.
It was a just a time trial setup for the contest. That's all. It's just that they gave the people the liberty to try it anyways.

saladine1

Please tell me that the license tests will make a return for GT5?
I loved them in previous GT's... it wouldn't feel like a GT game without them!

saladine1 said:
Please tell me that the license tests will make a return for GT5?
I loved them in previous GT's... it wouldn't feel like a GT game without them!

They will be in GT5. Pretty much everything you know about GT as far as features go will be in GT5.

Yamauchi on the Time Trial reaching 1M downloads

“Hitting one million downloads of the GT Academy Time Trial from the 17 participating countries alone is a very important milestone,” explained the creator of the Gran Turismo games and president of Polyphony Digital Inc., Kazunori Yamauchi.

“We created the Time Trial purely as the mechanic to run the first phase of GT Academy 2010. The massive interest is testament to the strong GT Academy concept that offers the chance to make a dream come true. But it also clearly demonstrates the popularity of Gran Turismo. This Time Trial is only a tiny sample of what is to come in Gran Turismo 5, so it is particularly pleasing to have seen such a positive reaction to it.”

http://www.skiddmark.com/gt-academy-2010-time-trial-reaches-1-million-players/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom