• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravijah

lastinline said:
Maybe they have enough in March, and they delayed it so they can spend more money on advertising FFXIII in NA and EU, and also God of War III. March was flooded as it is. Me thinks this is a good, and they can definitely try for a world-wide release now. I don't think this game is going to get delayed anymore. It's going to come out this year, it is just that March was flooded, and advertising three big games in one month would have been a lot of money. It's probably going to come in a month where there's not any other big games releasing, so yeah, before Fall 2010, for sure.

They set their release dates. They put GoWIII, etc in March. Why would they do that and at the last moment delay it?

web01

Well judging by the time trial it still needs serious optimization especially when you have hanging between different menus and dodgy load times.

Hopefully they can fix that up.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Gravijah said:
WHAT DO YOU KNOW?! WHAT DO YOU KNOW?!

Do you even like sim racers?

It's just a feeling. Same thing happened with FFXIII. In development for ages and ended not living up to the hype.

Gravijah said:
They set their release dates. They put GoWIII, etc in March. Why would they do that and at the last moment delay it?
Maybe, as a last minute decision, they wanted to put more money on advertising FFXIII and God of War III. Then, have a month where they aren't that many big game titles to advertise, so that they could put a whole lot of money into advertising Gran Turismo 5. I doubt they hit a major bug or something, that would be weird. Releasing Gran Turismo 5 in a month where there aren't that many big games releasing would do wonders for the sales of the game.

Gravijah

Kagari said:
It's just a feeling. Same thing happened with FFXIII. In development for ages and ended not living up to the hype.

Only those that let themselves get hyped up will be disappointed. There's a reason I haven't read shit on FFXIII and other games I have legitimate excitement for, and why I only recently started coming into the GT5 thread.

lastinline said:
Maybe, as a last minute decision, they wanted to put more money on advertising FFXIII and God of War III. Then, have a month where they aren't that many big game titles to advertise, so that they could put a whole lot of money into advertising Gran Turismo 5. I doubt they hit a major bug or something, that would be weird. Releasing Gran Turismo 5 in a month where there aren't that many big games releasing would do wonders for the sales of the game.

GoWIII is in a nonfactor in JPN and FFXIII is already out there.

WhiteAce said:
again, they wait until 2 months to go on a project that's been running for over 4 years and on Sony's biggest title to decide this??

I mean... really?

Why release a game in Japan months before the rest of the world, effectively causing them to sit on a finished game where they could instead be working on it for those few months and not upset the Japanese gamers.

Lion Heart said:
Why release a game in Japan months before the rest of the world, effectively causing them to sit on a finished game where they could instead be working on it for those few months and not upset the Japanese gamers.
Very correct there. :)

Gravijah said:
GoWIII is in a nonfactor in JPN and FFXIII is already out there.
Final Fantasy XIII is also a multiplatform game everywhere else besides Japan. One would think Sony would want to advertise the heck out of it to show that it's still on their system. With God of War III, yeah, no use in trying to hype it up in Japan, but one would also think Sony would want to advertise the heck out of the last game in the God of War series as well.

Gravijah said:
And... why would Sony decide this at the last moment?
Maybe like someone else said, they got some licenses to some new cars, and instead of just adding it as DLC to the Japan version, they are delaying it in Japan, adding it in for all versions and then making it a global release. I just think there is nothing to worry about as of now. If nothing is heard between now and Fall 2010 about this game, then it's time to start worrying. Sony wouldn't dare release this game in the fall, where all the big titles will be releasing. So, yeah, hopefully this game isn't a 2011 release.

Gravijah

lastinline said:
Maybe like someone else said, they got some licenses to some new cars, and instead of just adding it as DLC to the Japan version, they are delaying it in Japan, adding it in for all versions and then making it a global release. I just think there is nothing to worry about as of now. If nothing is heard between now and Fall 2010 about this game, then it's time to start worrying. Sony wouldn't dare release this game in the fall, where all the big titles will be releasing. So, yeah, hopefully this game isn't a 2011 release.

Sony doesn't want to cannibalize their own titles, but trust me, they'd love to destroy competitors titles. And this is GT we're talking about.

Kagari said:
Maybe because... GoW3 and Yakuza 4 are releasing in Japan in March? Who knows.

Who knows indeed.

Gravijah said:
Sony doesn't want to cannibalize their own titles, but trust me, they'd love to destroy competitors titles. And this is GT we're talking about.
It is GT, and it's a major franchise, but this is also a different generation. I don't think anyone would want this game to get lost in the fall game fiasco. Too much games in one season always leads to one game not getting enough attention. With a game like GT, I think it would be wiser to make this game release when the window is clear, so that it can get the attention it deserves. Though, it could surprise, and sell a whole lot even with other games releasing around it. I just don't think they should try it, it's a risk.

Gravijah

lastinline said:
It is GT, and it's a major franchise, but this is also a different generation. I don't think anyone would want this game to get lost in the fall game fiasco. Too much games in one season always leads to one game not getting enough attention. With a game like GT, I think it would be wiser to make this game release when the window is clear, so that it can get the attention it deserves. Though, it could surprise, and sell a whole lot even with other games releasing around it. I just don't think they should try it, it's a risk.

The window is never clear, there is no PERFECT SITUATION. Looking for PERFECTION is why we don't have GT5 yet. Sometimes you just have to release a goddamn game.

Gravijah said:
The window is never clear, there is no PERFECT SITUATION. Looking for PERFECTION is why we don't have GT5 yet. Sometimes you just have to release a goddamn game.
Of course the window is never clear, but from April to August 2010, there aren't any other big games releasing. E3 could have a plethora of new games shown releasing in August till January 2011, and even past 2011, so yeah. I think, the window is as clear as it will ever be this year after March till fall.

dalin80

Banned
web01 said:
Well judging by the time trial it still needs serious optimization especially when you have hanging between different menus and dodgy load times.

Hopefully they can fix that up.

a 200mb test purely for the grounds of pd's raced driver scheme is hardly the best judge.

It'd be nice to know if this was about the game not being done or about Sony pushing the Japanese release back so that a worldwide launch could happen. It never made much sense for it to release months apart when Kaz said every version would be done at the same time.

amar212

It was pretty much expected.

Worldwide release it is.

See you at E3, than comes the storm.

Thank God, I'll have time to get to Prestige 10.

spwolf

i doubt it has anything to do with WW release... they already set Japanese date, it is not as if something happened between then and now. and GT5P sold shitload and did not have ww release (in fact, it was spaced by quite a lot too).

stigmad.gif

Goddam Kaz, dont let perfection be the enemy of great. This has become annoying and I cant excuse GT5 with 'OMG its gonna be the end of all racing games' anymore. With all these delays and the long ass development time, he is only setting himself up a loftier mountain to climb. Fuck, this might just turn into a 'set up to fail' situation.

The only thing saving GT5 are its demos in various events (which showcase its high quality) and its fuck-awesome trailers, because God knows their PR has been a fucking debacle of epic proportions. Where is PD's community manager on NeoGAF, or on GTPlanet? Where is he giving interviews clarifying doubts and questions?

Dammit does PD even have a community manager? If they do he needs to come out of hiding. Preposterous.

/rage.

Edit: KeyserSoze has the perfect response and sums up my reaction beautifully.

spwolf said:
i doubt it has anything to do with WW release... they already set Japanese date, it is not as if something happened between then and now. and GT5P sold shitload and did not have ww release (in fact, it was spaced by quite a lot too).

If its not a WW release I'll chop my balls off, but I dont see how it wont be now.

spwolf said:

Why wouldn't it be released at the same time? Every version will be done at the same time. GoW3 will be out the way, and that's Sony's other major release this year. There shouldn't be anything else releasing that would cause them to space out the release dates.

MGR

Soooo...

.. .has it actually been delayed by three months from the previously stated 31st March 2010 Japanese release date...

... or has the Japanese release simply been delayed from launching in the third month of 2010 to a new TBA date??

Issun23

MGR said:
Soooo...

.. .has it actually been delayed by three months from the previously stated 31st March 2010 Japanese release date...

... or has the Japanese release simply been delayed from launching in the third month of 2010 to a new TBA date??

Delayed to a still TBA date.

I think a world wide release is on the cards. Maybe Sony were worried about all the imports of GT5 there'd be. And you know there'd be lots. But I don't think that's the reason. So, June for the world, but why delay it in Japan unless it's not ready?

BeeDog

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Polyphony are unproductive hacks confirmed. :p Nah, but seriously, seeing as how little they've managed to reveal of this supposedly-ginormous game, it was just a matter of time before a new delay was announced. As Kagari said, my hope regarding this game diminishes every passing day... I guess GoWIII will be the 2010 PS3 game to have.

BeeDog said:
I guess GoWIII will be the 2010 PS3 game to have.

Which has been in development for as long as GT5 and is also a game that not much is known about (they've been showing the exact same demo since June of last year).

Hydrargyrus

wait, wait

Is it delayed 3 months or it is a misunderstanding? I don't know if finally it's moved from third month to TBA or if it's delayed 3 months

I hope they won't move it to Q3 o Q4...

watership

Slackbladder said:
I think a world wide release is on the cards. Maybe Sony were worried about all the imports of GT5 there'd be. And you know there'd be lots. But I don't think that's the reason. So, June for the world, but why delay it in Japan unless it's not ready?

I was just thinking this. Maybe the delay is for a all region launch.

Rad-

Just few months ago GT5 was one of my most anticipated games. But now I feel burned out with racing sims (played the shit ouf of Forza 3) and after this news, I don't really care anymore. I think I'm done with racers all together. Well at least until next gen.

BeeDog

SolidSnakex said:
Which has been in development for as long as GT5 and is also a game that not much is known about (they've been showing the exact same demo since June of last year).

At least we know it's coming during March!

spats

western release date was never announced to begin with so i dont see why people are getting so worked up. Simultaneous WW release makes a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom