• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
No game can live up to the hype. (MGS4,FFXIII,GT5)

GT5 gets a pass as it's not out yet, MGS4 as GOTY will be a stain for the site to bear in years to come and FF13 is HOLY SHIT BALLS baaaaad.

Lots of GREAT games live up to the hype, you just picked 2 out of 3 that didn't.

kikanny

GRRRRRRR!!! Seriously, if Kaz spends more time developing the game and less time racing, the game would be out now. Its just frustrating...

We will probably get news about forza 4 before GT5 is released :lol

While GT5 will be packed to the brim with awesome, the longer they leave this...

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I bet you they are going to worldwide release during the summer. GT5 will be the title to push PS3's new 3D feature, and new 3D TVs. The classic Sony trojan horse.

DEO3

Just watched some of the CES videos and noticed right away the AI still just smashes into the rear and sides of the player like they're not even there. I love GT, I bought my PS1 for GT1 and I bought My PS2 for GT3, but what the hell have they been doing for the past five years?

This was posted on another forum a few weeks back...

Why GT5 is taking so long:

Christmas time at PD. The game is content complete! Now, just a few months of polishing here, optimising there, and GT5 is good to go. PD are having a little office party to celebrate, there's some champagne, there're nibbles, there's a great vibe. Everyone is happy.

Kaz enters the office. He has taken to wearing a driver's helmet at all times now. People stifle their laughter.

Kaz:"Good job everyone! Cheers!"
All:"Cheers!"
Kaz:"Well, as you'll no doubt have heard, I've just got back from my endurance race, it's good news all round!"
Everyone lifts their glasses and cheers.
Kaz:"To celebrate, I'm going to try out the Honda I've just raced in GT5!"
Nervous glances all round.
PD coder 1:"Come now, Yamauchi-san, why not wind down, have a drink-"
Kaz takes to the controls.

10 minutes later

Kaz:"No. No, no, no! There's something off, it just doesn't feel right. Doesn't feel real!"
PD coder 1:"But Yamauchi-san, the game is due for release, we've done all the content now, it's too late to-"
Kaz:"Do you see this helmet I am wearing?"
PD coder 1:(looks down)"Yes, Yamauchi-san. I see the helmet."
Kaz:"Do you know where I got this helmet?"
PD coder 1:(still looking down)"You got it at the endurance race, Yamauchi-san."
Kaz:"At the endurance race. That's right. Where I raced. In a real car. At a real race. Because I, unlike you, am a real racing driver, you see."
PD coder 1:(looks back up)"But please, Yamauchi-san, it's just a simulation, it will never feel completely real-"
Kaz points to his helmet. PD coder 1 looks back down.
Kaz:"It is not quite right. Do it again. All of it, again."

Seems even more appropriate now. :lol

The game is clearly getting a delay so MS can stage another betrayal-ton on E3 2010.

Damn, 3 years in a row... First FF, then MGS, and now GT... Sony am d00med.

bizatch

spoon! said:
animIoriLaugh.gif

Dibbz

March 2010 was a bad time to release anyway even if it was just in Japan. Worldwide release better be in the works now.

ravien56

malsumis said:
Do you not remember the GT4 delayathon? Was there a single GT that was not delayed BTW?
GT4 was so long ago, so no I don't remember. I remember it got delayed for like a year or something but gt3 came out asap.

Animal

Banned
Not enough details have emerged as to why the game is delayed again for me to judge PD.

I am nonetheless broken hearted and discouraged.

WhiteAce said:
GT5 gets a pass as it's not out yet, MGS4 as GOTY will be a stain for the site to bear in years to come and FF13 is HOLY SHIT BALLS baaaaad.

Lots of GREAT games live up to the hype, you just picked 2 out of 3 that didn't.

MGS4 is the game of the gen, so not sure what your on about.

spwolf

issues do not have to be complicated... as simple as some incomplete feature or tiny optimizations on certain tracks to make it run properly, etc, etc.

thing like a month delay is really nothing, thats not much time... programming is abstract work, you can not say things like it will take me 10 days to optimize this particular feature - you need to investigate and then optimize... it is not matter of putting 0's and 1's together.

it would be more interesting if they bundle this with 3D TV launch or even Sony Wand (for PS3 Eye)...

Rad- said:
Just few months ago GT5 was one of my most anticipated games. But now I feel burned out with racing sims (played the shit ouf of Forza 3) and after this news, I don't really care anymore. I think I'm done with racers all together. Well at least until next gen.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

johnnylineup

Neo Member
I'm sure the new release date will be a week or two before Natal is released. This is getting a little ridiculous, but this gives me time to finish up other games anyway so I really can't complain too much.

Maybe they're adding SUV's and pickup trucks this time.

jiggles

Banned
jett said:
Simply pathetic.

Sony needs to put Kaz in fucking check already. Does he even respond to SCE anymore?

He's never in the office to answer the phone. There's probably 50,000 post-it notes stuck to his monitor now. :lol

saladine1

So, basically what you are saying is, that I've just wasted the last two months of my life learning Japanese?

Oh,the horror....the horror...

jett said:
Simply pathetic.

Sony needs to put Kaz in fucking check already. Does he even respond to SCE anymore?

somebody has the avatar blues :lol ........but yeah doesn't bother me at the moment, we weren't going to get it HERE in march anyway

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Niks said:
In Kaz I trust. It will be ready when its ready.

PD delays Gran Turismo 5:
Gamers: OMG PD suxxs! Playstation suxxs! RAAAAGEEEE!

Blizzard delays Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2:
Gamers: They are so awesome, they do what they want. No one is Blizzard boss! AWSUM

Elios83

Hirai definetly need to do something with this team.
I'm confident that head will rolls at Polyphony if GT5 goes the GT portable way (critical and commercial flop).

We whine and bitch (rightfully so at this point) but I feel bad for those poor Japs, man. For us it was still about 6 months away, for them a mere 3 months, I'm pissed at this news but there's a tiny hope it will release simultaneously world wide, I can only imagine what Japanese hard core fans feel right now. I would probably set on fire from the rage.

I hope PD/Sony will come forth with better explanation, at this point we deserve it.

i don't think there's any mistery behind all these delays. everytime we see a new trailer or something it's like "omg new feature #23!"
i mean they're putting thousands of cars, weather, night racing, youtube stuff, lots of tracks, then you have the head tracking (don't know if it's real or not), nascar cars, etc... the game's just proving to be fucking big.
i think it's cool they're trying to take the game to a whole new level with all this stuff, but it's getting kinda ridiculous.
here's hoping this delay means a worldwide release in summer. well i guess we'll know at e3 :)

Barrett2

Im' not a sim fan, so this doesn't really apply to me, but sweet merciful Jesus you have got to be kidding me! :lol

Im' sorry, while the game will certainly be awesome, you can't tell me that its "features" are so complex that they necessitate this development time. This is just absurd.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Whatever the reason for the delay, I do think it would serve them better to have GT5 as a Q3/Q4 game anyway.

Their distribution of 'big' games from Sony themselves was/is arguably too weighted toward Q1/Q2. Into Q3/Q4 you then had The Last Guardian (which will be brilliance, but whose market impact is up in the air), things like Resistance 3...and...(?) I think having a guaranteed blockbuster in the busier period of the year will help create more impact.

alba

Little is the new Big
Fersis said:
PD delays Gran Turismo 5:
Gamers: OMG PD suxxs! Playstation suxxs! RAAAAGEEEE!

Blizzard delays Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2:
Gamers: They are so awesome, they do what they want. No one is Blizzard boss! AWSUM

This.

lawblob said:
Im' sorry, while the game will certainly be awesome, you can't tell me that its "features" are so complex that they necessitate this development time. This is just absurd.

If that were the case then we'd see a lot more racing games with GT5's feature set as you're claiming that they don't take a lot of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom