• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
sportzhead said:
It's strange that the Fanatec 911 wheel is not listed under the PS3 header.

The Driving Force GT isn't listed under the PC also. Some people on their forums are requesting for it to have PC support.

Grayman

G27 will be mine, someday. GT5 better get adjustable lock for all wheels, i don't want to drive F1s with 900 degree steering, or with a controller.

hard locking the wheel doesn't work because it shakes violently at high speeds.

I hope this image of the G27 is legit and not just a convincing fake.
http://www.virtualr.net/wp-content/gallery/1503/g27.jpg

It looks like Logitech is going to keep the G series more than just a Playstation wheel since it doesn't look like it will have the adjustability nobs on it that the Driving Force GT has. It would be hard to get them to match the wheel from an aesthetic perspective however. It would be great if Logitech has a set of pedals to compete with Fanatec's Clubsports.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
never understood wireless wheels, whats the point of wireless if you still have a power cable?
anyway, i try to get a whell next month ... just got back to gt:p and oh my god its so great...

mrWalrus said:
!!!
The only thing I ask for is a better shifter. With everything else on the G25 top quality that just didn't measure up, and felt cheap.

Now all I need is a http://d-box.com/gaming/en/gaming/pro-gaming-series/gp-pro-500/ and
a room to put it in and
I'm set!

That spoilered section is my problem too. My G25 is still available if someone wants it... its been sitting in its package for 2 weeks now with no use! :lol

Rad Agast

sankt-Antonio said:
never understood wireless wheels, whats the point of wireless if you still have a power cable?
anyway, i try to get a whell next month ... just got back to gt:p and oh my god its so great...

I don't care much for wireless wheels either but that's because of my setup (every thing is close and packed together). I can understand why some would prefer them though, especially if they're using a big TV since they'll want to sit a bit further away.

As for the G27, if it's not supporting all three (PC, PS3, 360) then it's a no buy for me since I already have a G25. Logitech have to come up with a must-have feature for their new wheel for me to upgrade if it's going to stay PC and PS3 only. Hell, if there's nothing released by Rocktober then I might have to bite on that Fanatec wheel (my wallet will cry :lol )

Rad Agast said:
As for the G27, if it's not supporting all three (PC, PS3, 360) then it's a no buy for me since I already have a G25. Logitech have to come up with a must-have feature for their new wheel for me to upgrade if it's going to stay PC and PS3 only. Hell, if there's nothing released by Rocktober then I might have to bite on that Fanatec wheel (my wallet will cry :lol )

Well, the Driving Force GT was a pretty big upgrade over the Driving Force Pro. So I wouldn't expect anything less from the G27.

SolidSnakex said:
The owner of GTPlanet just confirmed that it's the real deal.

Cool. Also, what other type of car besides a F1 car uses shift lights above the wheel?

logitech-g27.jpg

bee

SolidSnakex said:
The owner of GTPlanet just confirmed that it's the real deal.

really? that pic is like 1 year old and was seen as a fake

as one of the comments pointed out, if that was a spy pic from with inside of logitech why are they using a microsoft mouse

bee said:
really? that pic is like 1 year old and was seen as a fake

as one of the comments pointed out, if that was a spy pic from with inside of logitech why are they using a microsoft mouse

Who said that pic is from internal use at Logitech? A textbook being used for a monitor stand makes me think different.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
So, I'm playing Prologue again, and this game is hard! How the hell are you supposed to get gold in some races? I try them as good as I can but can never get the gold in the C class time trial with the Suzuki moccachino.

Goldrusher

Teetris said:
So, I'm playing Prologue again, and this game is hard! How the hell are you supposed to get gold in some races? I try them as good as I can but can never get the gold in the C class time trial with the Suzuki moccachino.
The time trials are véry, véry hard. Think of them as the GT4 license test golds. Very hard.

spwolf

bee said:
so if that really is it, do you know what it adds other than minor cosmetic touches?

is it just adding 360 support or has it got belt drive for this double price?

i dont think it ads 360 support at all, it would be listed as supported wheels under 360 for that game on previous page.

But there are many things that they could improve, both reliability and realism of it all.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Goldrusher said:
The time trials are véry, véry hard. Think of them as the GT4 license test golds. Very hard.
Ah I see. Will following the striped lines be enough if I do it really precise?

Goldrusher

Also, for those time trials, timing is important. As in, when to leave the pits, so you can get the maximum amount of slipstream.
You better go to YouTube for that.

dalin80

Banned
Madvillain said:
Do the cars in Gran Turismo react to a logitech clutch the same way the would react to a clutch in real life?

we simply dont know yet.

but things look to be really moving now so hopefully we should be getting much more media and news in the next few months.

Grayman

dalin80 said:
we simply dont know yet.

but things look to be really moving now so hopefully we should be getting much more media and news in the next few months.
i read that it works in GT5p/HD but have not seen details of it's simulation.

Grayman said:
i read that it works in GT5p/HD but have not seen details of it's simulation.

It works, you just have to press the triangle button during the rolling start. If you don't press the clutch before you shift the car in the game goes to neutral.

Zhuk

Banned
G27 just seems to be a refined version of the G25, it doesn't really look like it will be worth the expense upgrading this time.

amar212

spwolf said:
nope... download ghost cars of best players for that track and see how they drive.

Every GT game so far featured a "demo" drive for every licence with showcase of the drive for the actual Gold-time.

Of course, GT5 will probably have even separate online Leaderboards for Licenses (what a Gold club it will be) but point remains that you could actually see what type of drive in needed for Gold-time from the very first GT game.

I can't really say I see the G25 as expensive. In the UK you can pick it up for ~£140... that's £10 less than the SFIV tournament fightstick was.

Goldrusher

August OPM UK is out !!!

Pepsi0 @ GTPlanet said:
Today those who subscribe to the UK Official PlayStation Magazine got their new August issue. In the issue before, the 'Next Month' page was full up with Gran Turismo 5, and stated that the full story will be revealed. What were they on?

This full story is, like the French magazine, everything we have seen at E3: pictures taken out of the trailer: and they've put information about these pictures into 2 small paragraphs, unlike the French one which at least had more than a page, well, actually, more than 2 small paragraphs!!

So as you can imagine, this long-awaited issue claiming to have the full story about Gran Turismo 5 has been hype and nothing else. Dissapointing to say the least.
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=117877

:/

JayDub

Im gonna get raked for this - as its probably been asked before - but since im not willing to tread through thousands of posts to find out:

Will any of these wheels w/ clutch and shifter combo behave realistically? Specifically, the "release" points on the clutch for each individual car? Or is it as simply as stepping on clutch and shifting?

J-Rzez

sportzhead said:
Cool. Also, what other type of car besides a F1 car uses shift lights above the wheel?

Various Ferrari's like the Enzo and 430 Scud that I know of, I'm sure there's some more. It's also popular in some kart wheels as well.

Will any of these wheels w/ clutch and shifter combo behave realistically? Specifically, the "release" points on the clutch for each individual car? Or is it as simply as stepping on clutch and shifting?

Probably not. And the major thing about these clutches which I don't like them is you can't feel it "grab" properly, thus being hard to tell when it's engaging and such, and takes the immersiveness out of the question. It's an empty bullet point for now just for a "wow a clutch pedal" reaction.

J-Rzez said:
Probably not. And the major thing about these clutches which I don't like them is you can't feel it "grab" properly, thus being hard to tell when it's engaging and such, and takes the immersiveness out of the question. It's an empty bullet point for now just for a "wow a clutch pedal" reaction.

Well... In all "wow" aside, dedicating handbrake to clutch is fucking awesome! :D

JayDub

J-Rzez said:

That is so unfortunate. Its one of the main joys of stick shift. For those who own this setup, is the experience "close enough"?

And why in the world would some of these setups (just the wheel, pedals and shifter) end up costing in the thousands?

SolidSnakex said:

Seems like not even the devs could hold themselves back from fapping to GT5's graphics. :lol

-viper-

Banned
JayDub said:
Im gonna get raked for this - as its probably been asked before - but since im not willing to tread through thousands of posts to find out:

the clutch is basically an on and off switch in the G25.

satriales

RavenFox said:
What a bunch of assholes. These guys lie for sales?

"The dead, dead honest answer is it looked like we would be able to do GT5 at E3, and in the end we couldn't because Sony's focus was totally on PSP. A little sad, but it left us able to see what we liked best at E3 and to push for some exclusive access to that instead - Brink. It looks really good...

We're pushing all the time to do GT5."
http://www.grcade.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10821

Saiyu

Wax Free Vanilla said:
Yamauchi at Goodwood

ipz1iv.jpg

Alfa 8C in GT5?

Oh yes, him and his friend (taken by a lucky GTP member who got Kaz to sign his ticket)

dsc01089w.jpg

I probably would have asked for both of their autographs.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
8C in gt5 would be nice. really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom