• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalin80

Banned
its getting to point now where it might be easy to list the cars that might not be in GT5 as there have been so many pics taken and rumours.

all good to me though, iam a whore for choice, i used to spend hours going through the gt2 and gt4 used car markets.

-viper-

Banned
Saiyu said:
Oh yes, him and his friend (taken by a lucky GTP member who got Kaz to sign his ticket)

dsc01089w.jpg

I probably would have asked for both of their autographs.
oh look, it's translator guy!

Saiyu

Aye the legend lives on. I stand a few feet from Christian Horner while this dude gets a pen from an internet legend.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
apropos, any word on how the g50 ev did at goodwood house?

Saiyu

blu said:
apropos, any word on how the g50 ev did at goodwood house?

Going up the hill? Honestly I don't remember it going up with the other supercars (probably because of the lack of noise), and didn't go to the supercar paddock this year.

I got to interview Yamauchi at the Zandvoort circuit. Translator guy was there too as he translated for us. He always uses a notepad. Got an autograph from Yamauchi but I should've asked translator guy for one too.:lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
PjotrStroganov said:
I got to interview Yamauchi at the Zandvoort circuit. Translator guy was there too as he translated for us. He always uses a notepad. Got an autograph from Yamauchi but I should've asked translator guy for one too.:lol

You failed! :lol

Wax Free Vanilla said:
:D

Hopefully this is in the game.

Asked him that. He jokingly said he first wanted to do a few laps before deciding anything. I overheard a Sony guy saying that they arranged a few laps in a Ferrari (the GT5p press event was being held during a track day for the Ferrari owners club), so who knows. I wouldn't bet on it.

It's a shame that because of an exclusive nda for a car magazine I never got to publish the whole interview. Me and my buddy did get to drive along in a Ferrari though.:D

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Saiyu said:
Going up the hill? Honestly I don't remember it going up with the other supercars (probably because of the lack of noise), and didn't go to the supercar paddock this year.
thanks, Saiyu, i hope something will surface about that car's performance over the course of the next days.

and yes, lack of serious noise can be a problem for ev's image ; )

RavenFox

Banned
PjotrStroganov said:
Asked him that. He jokingly said he first wanted to do a few laps before deciding anything. I overheard a Sony guy saying that they arranged a few laps in a Ferrari (the GT5p press event was being held during a track day for the Ferrari owners club), so who knows. I wouldn't bet on it.

It's a shame that because of an exclusive nda for a car magazine I never got to publish the whole interview. Me and my buddy did get to drive along in a Ferrari though.:D
Sir your awesomeness knows no bounds.:D

-x.Red.x-

Dante

-x.Red.x- said:
There was an interview on PSBlog with Kaz about psp GT
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/07/06/3-and-a-half-minutes-with-polyphony-digitals-kazunori-yamauchi/comment-page-1/#comment-240944

and

"Gran Turismo 5, I need it NAO.

Jeff, please confirm Lamborghinis, Bugattis and Porsches will be in GT5.

Jeff Rubenstein replied on July 6, 2009 at 4:37 pm

We’ll have the Producers on the blog looking at these questions and composing a new post with answers in the coming weeks.
"

Official info soon?

Jeff is a really nice guy, but he's an awful interviewer.

This is posted a month after E3 and those are the 3 questions we get?

-x.Red.x- said:

Jeff: We saw our first glimpse of Gran Turismo 5 today...We've seen a lot of racing games at E3 so far...How do you plan to stay above the competition.

Kaz: We always set very high goals and ideas our games. The GT5 trailer that you saw is a very small portion of what we're working on. As long as we actually achieve our goals and fulfill our expectations, i'm sure it'll set the new industry standard.

He actually emphasized the "very small portion" part also.

Awww, come on Gamescom! Let those gates open!

Gravijah

Is the Veyron confirmed for this game at all? Haven't been reading through the thread compulsively, just browsing every so often. Not in PGR4, and not in Forza 2 damn it. :(

Gravijah said:
Is the Veyron confirmed for this game at all? Haven't been reading through the thread compulsively, just browsing every so often. Not in PGR4, and not in Forza 2 damn it. :(

Nope, but it's been showing up in several racing games lately. So it's no longer an untouchable car for games.

Gravijah said:
I hope its in, just as long as the Ariel Atom 500 is in it too so I can dust the "world's fastest street car".

dalin80

Banned
looks like he got o play round with some old jags as well.

so disappointed with the playstation mags, i was in full pre-hype mode :-(

Hesemonni

Banned
sinnergy said:
Citroen! Awesome brand, I drive a VTS Saxo.
I drive a C5 HDi Estate and everytime when I drive it I question my reasoning for buying the damn thing. So far it's been nothing but trouble and I swear it's my last Citroën ever.

Also: Translator guy *bow bow*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom