Gran Turismo 5 Prologue PS3 video from GC

Tideas

Banned
Jun 14, 2007
5,924
0
0
www.project-tideas.com
looks plastic...hahaahj kkkk

Man that looks amazing, the inside the car screenshot.

And for ppl that says there's no damage. WE KNOW! it ain't coming til later when the game is released as a DLC.

So save the headache
 

Aalyx

Member
Jun 29, 2007
839
0
0
England
Stream faster! What I'm seeing so far looks amazing. I hope you have some options to adjust the cockpit view, I'd like it further back.
 

RuGalz

Member
Jun 8, 2004
5,201
0
0
I guess they won't be localizing the cars. It's going to feel weird driving on the right side. :lol Looks great though.
 

Ashhong

Member
May 10, 2007
33,987
0
945
holy shit. this has FULL car interior models? shows the damn back seats in the rear view camera mode! wow.

and what about the same cars for when racing in the US or something? do they have to completely do the LHD separately? or do they just flip the RHD?
 

itxaka

Defeatist
Feb 21, 2007
11,439
0
1,165
Bioshock
looks awesome in-car.

but i´m afraid about the concept of "if my car and your car touches, only my car is affected" I don´t like that at all.
 

iceatcs

Junior Member
Jul 9, 2007
10,615
0
860
London
Wow.. jeux-france.com just can't play at all, ever every game videos they made.
example HS, TT wii etc...

Also wow, the arms animation
 

EverSoTrendy

Banned
Nov 21, 2006
1,678
0
0
Where are the plastic shaders?

Anyway, looks great, but I could only see part of the video since their video servers fucking blow. The stuff I saw though was neato.
 

Grayman

Member
Feb 7, 2005
15,125
0
0
34
Surrey, BC
itxaka said:
looks awesome in-car.

but i´m afraid about the concept of "if my car and your car touches, only my car is affected" I don´t like that at all.
sounds genius for online play. I haven't seen the video yet to comment though.


edit: I thought there was damage in effect when i said this. GTs current bumper car system fucking sucks. You hit AI, you get fucked up. AI hits you, you get fucked up. You decided to have a demolishion derby in 2 player mode and the cars are glued to the magnet road!
 

Ploid 3.0

Member
Jun 6, 2004
28,301
3
1,340
That better be fake. I seen too many death gifs on gaf all within 24hrs. I'm afraid of people now.
 

Elios83

Member
Jun 30, 2004
14,527
83
1,440
The level of photorealism achieved is amazing and the car interior :O
But Polyphony really needs to add a damage system at this point, just when the game just looks life real life a bump crash happens to break the illusion.
 

Tideas

Banned
Jun 14, 2007
5,924
0
0
www.project-tideas.com
Elios83 said:
The level of photorealism achieved is amazing and the car interior :O
But Polyphony really needs to add a damage system at this point, just when the game just looks life real life a bump crash happens to break the illusion.
They are. It ain't coming til after the game is released as a DLC. Get over it.
 

Steroyd

Member
Dec 27, 2006
25,915
0
0
England
iceatcs i'd get rid of that gif if it's real or not the last guy who posted a questionably real life death gif like this (but much much worse) got banned just yesturday.

Wow at interiors, makes playing with a wheel that much more sweeter.
 

itxaka

Defeatist
Feb 21, 2007
11,439
0
1,165
Bioshock
Grayman said:
sounds genius for online play. I haven't seen the video yet to comment though.


edit: I thought there was damage in effect when i said this. GTs current bumper car system fucking sucks. You hit AI, you get fucked up. AI hits you, you get fucked up. You decided to have a demolishion derby in 2 player mode and the cars are glued to the magnet road!

That´s exactly what i mean. That´s fucking cheap. Cars glued to the road suck ass.
 

frAntic_Frog

Member
Dec 14, 2005
2,147
0
0
looks awesome, but i hope poly would tweek the physics to make it easier to spin out when bumping other cars. I dont need damage in this game, but I want a good physics engine thats second to none. Cmon KAZ!
 

bud

Member
Nov 22, 2004
34,569
0
1,530
the best-looking racing game i have ever seen, but what about the ai - the artificials ain't that intelligent.
 

Cruzader

Banned
Jul 23, 2007
5,894
0
0
Somewhere...
Elios83 said:
The level of photorealism achieved is amazing and the car interior :O
But Polyphony really needs to add a damage system at this point, just when the game just looks life real life a bump crash happens to break the illusion.
Yea, the "real life illusion" is also broken when a racing game uses a damage system and after crashing your car going at 90MPH, doesnt affect its stats whatsoever nor the car model in a "real life" way.....:lol
 

iceatcs

Junior Member
Jul 9, 2007
10,615
0
860
London
Steroyd said:
iceatcs i'd get rid of that gif if it's real or not the last guy who posted a questionably real life death gif like this (but much much worse) got banned just yesturday.
Fair enough, I thought I saw a gif with man got head explosive is worse of that.

Anyway, sorry of those OTs...
Is it on the Le Man track? I hope we will going to see more other track on this GC.
 

nofi

Member
Sep 26, 2006
7,452
0
0
bud said:
the best-looking racing game i have ever seen, but what about the ai - the artificials ain't that intelligent.
GT has never been about AI, and now it's entirely online, who cares?
 

EverSoTrendy

Banned
Nov 21, 2006
1,678
0
0
itxaka said:
That´s exactly what i mean. That´s fucking cheap. Cars glued to the road suck ass.
Yeah, but at least they don't rail you like the cars do it Forza. Brake HAHA, braking right into your back bumper.