• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Buba Big Guns said:
Played Prologue with the G27 for the first time...cant wait for this even harder now. Knowing these ass holes theyll release it during exam time.
Shit. I really hope I'm not going to regret the fact that I bought G25 instead of G27 :(

Mush

Mutagenic said:
I'm surprised people are still expecting a 2010 release. I bet there's a 50/50 chance this game hits in Jan, even with the current disc pressing.
davis2.jpg

Mutagenic said:
I'm surprised people are still expecting a 2010 release. I bet there's a 50/50 chance this game hits in Jan, even with the current disc pressing.
Beaten*

I live in austria, i'd be hard for me not to buy the game on the 15th if those media mart reports are true.

a1m

Banned
Okay I just got to work and I opened Gaf. No news, NOTHING?

Time to spend the day F5'ing gaf and doing no work.

Ashes

Banned
Fistwell said:
Nothing quite like waking up to this raging glass-shard-handwraps sony handjob empty thread of no release date with a cup o joe.

I like the way you think. Damn fine figure of expression-cum-speech with just a hint of poignant anger, and a zest of some the best imagery the one could conjur up at such a juncture... oh fuck it, that's good enough for me... :lol

This thread's descent into madness has been way too awesome. I kinda hope Sony doesn't announce a release date til Monday just to see what else happens here. :lol

NightBlade88 said:
Sony is preparing for the biggest GAF troll since.....that guy that got banned.
Why would anything matter beyond this point? Sony has been treating its fans like invisible zombies with wallets. Sony could come out tomorrow saying hay guiz gt5 delayed till march 2011 lol, and we'll create 5 more threads of rage fap till march and guess what, we all will buy the game in the end. Lets just get on with the program in order to avoid disappointment-thons.

Ashes

Banned
Shambles said:
Wow, thread has gone full fucking circle. We're in a loop now.

I remembered somebody asking about it. But I didn't remember where from? Couldn't be asked to read through 8000 posts. It was only when somebody else said we had gone back to the front page, that I looked back and saw, how early on it was. ;p

Ashes

Banned
RustyNails said:
Why would anything matter beyond this point? Sony has been treating its fans like invisible zombies with wallets. Sony could come out tomorrow saying hay guiz gt5 delayed till march 2011 lol, and we'll create 5 more threads of rage fap till march and guess what, we all will buy the game in the end. Lets just get on with the program in order to avoid disappointment-thons.

I think Smoking dave, said he was already in a zen mode for that eventuality. I'm in a similiar position. I'm going to completely forget the hype and enjoy the magic.

Do you remember that Top Gear season ending episode, where Jeremy drove the Aston Martin. He was like: well, it's an Aston Martin Vantage with a v12 engine, what do you think it's going to be like? and just left it hanging there.

That's what I kind of feel like now. I have this horrible feeling, that they're never going to get this sort of budget, time etc again. This will be the end of an era... :(

The whole ode to the automobile stuff, standard v premium etc, is okay and stuff, I guess, to oggle and disect and what-have-you but it's a simple car driving game giving me the chance to drive cars that I could never hope to own.

So again, I'm just going to forget all the hype, and just enjoy the game.

edit:

The Top Gear part I'm reffering to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgZlpRdQlRI

Shambles

Ashes1396 said:
I remembered somebody asking about it. But I didn't remember where from? Couldn't be asked to read through 8000 posts. It was only when somebody else said we had gone back to the front page, that I looked back and saw, how early on it was. ;p

Seeing that post I thought I had clicked on the wrong page at first. Glad to see we're all still here enjoying the train wreck still :D

Ashes1396 said:
I think Smoking dave, said he was already in a zen mode for that eventuality. I'm in a similiar position. I'm going to completely forget the hype and enjoy the magic.

Do you remember that Top Gear season ending episode, where Jeremy drove the Aston Martin. He was like: well, it's Aston Martin Vantage with a v12 engine, what do you think it's going to be like? and just left it hanging there.

That's what I kind of feel like now. I have this horrible feeling, that they're never going to get this sort of budget, time etc again. This will be the end of era... :(

The whole ode to the automobile stuff, standard v premium etc, is okay and stuff, I guess, to oggle and disect and what-have-you but it's a simple car driving game giving me the chance to drive cars that I could never hope to own.

edit:

Good stuff. Yeah that zen mode, I'm all there.

FuturusX

Ashes1396 said:

Do you remember that Top Gear season ending episode, where Jeremy drove the Aston Martin. He was like: well, it's Aston Martin Vantage with a v12 engine, what do you think it's going to be like? and just left it hanging there.

That's what I kind of feel like now. I have this horrible feeling, that they're never going to get this sort of budget, time etc again. This will be the end of era... :(

edit:

Close the thread....exactly. With that post you captured all that's left to say.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom