• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 set to release on November 2nd [S-CONF]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insertia

I hope GT5 has a large track variety. That's what I loved about GT4. 70 hours in and there were still plenty of tracks I hadn't experienced.

Headlights, day and night transitions, 12 players, weather (fog!) will make for a fun online experience.

Actually if all 20 tracks feature weather time of day, 20 tracks with different variations is fine.

Melfice7

SolidSnakex said:
Well your lights are mapped to R3 so your lights should be mapped to L3.

2m76y51_th.jpg

KingDizzi said:
Don't be suprised if GT5 releases with up rez GT4 tracks, can't shake that premium tracks shit off even if it was not there for E3, was there before. :(

I don't really have an issue with it anymore, sure it shocked me when the news came out, but now I know the good out ways the bad and I would enjoy having as many tracks as possible included and have no problems with GT4 tracks.

Insertia said:
I hope GT5 has a large track variety. That's what I loved about GT4. 70 hours in and there were still plenty of tracks I hadn't experienced.

Headlights, day and night transitions, 12 players, weather (fog!) will make for a fun online experience.

Actually if all 20 tracks feature weather time of day, 20 tracks with different variations is fine.

At the very least, I'm sure GT5 will have extra tracks as DLC. PD has all the assets from past games and I'm sure they're aware fans want to see some classic tracks.

Omiee

So who is up for what i said earlier.
If they give us the option to scall how long we want the nurburging to be, we could choose 2 hours and have a day night cycle, have a 16 player race where every 4 people choose one class so we have 4 different classes.
so techincally u would be only racing 3 others cuz the others would have much faster cars.

People talking about fast DLC need to remind that it was only fast and huge for Prologue because Prologue is an evolvement of GT5, as the cars were completed, they were ready to go, and this won't the case for DLC, since the game is out already.

I think it would be a little slower, since development stages will be vastly different.

10 cars a month would be great, specially if they listen to fan wishlists.

Firewire

Banned
Omiee said:
So who is up for what i said earlier.
If they give us the option to scall how long we want the nurburging to be, we could choose 2 hours and have a day night cycle, have a 16 player race where every 4 people choose one class so we have 4 different classes.
so techincally u would be only racing 3 others cuz the others would have much faster cars.

I'm not sure this is possible. When setting up a race in a private room I believe only one class will be permitted not multiple. This is certainly possible in the track day setting as no class would be chosen, and people can use any car they desire, but its not a real race.

Omiee

Firewire said:
I'm not sure this is possible. When setting up a race in a private room I believe only one class will be permitted not multiple. This is certainly possible in the track day setting as no class would be chosen, and people can use any car they desire, but its not a real race.

we can certanlly act like its a race, and have people choose specific car classes.
imagine how much fun that would be

Most car games which feature user made lobbies, allow for modifiers or filters to be set. One class, up to a certain class, drivetrain, age, etc. A good game has all of this.

Niks

For endurance races, tire degradation and fuel load are critical. Hopefully proper tire degradation will be implemented in GT5. Maybe we will see more of this at gamescom.

Firewire

Banned
Omiee said:
we can certanlly act like its a race, and have people choose specific car classes.
imagine how much fun that would be

I like the way you think! With track days and everything else on offer from GT5 I don't think the game will ever make it out of my PS3. :lol

Niks said:
For endurance races, tire degradation and fuel load are critical. Hopefully proper tire degradation will be implemented in GT5. Maybe we will see more of this at gamescom.

I know where you are going with this, and I hope for a huge improvement as well.

Man

People never learn.
20 with 70th variations will be the actual number. Always assume the most down to earth answer when there are conflicting reports.

Chris R

ElyrionX said:
I might have to buy a wheel for this.

The DS3 sticks and triggers annoy the shit out of me, especially in racing games.
The DFGT is a good wheel and worked so damn well with the time trial demo that was put out. I just need to build a wheel seat/setup by November.

Kyoufu

Maybe I can forgive PD for the lack of cockpit view. The game is just so beautiful with a ton of features.

I'm conflicted :(

DuckRacer

Dedication Through Light said:
THEY confirmed no cockpit view? (Were just going to get that bumper cam view?)
Currently standard cars don't have any cockpit/interior view, though in that Twitter Q&A Kaz said they're considering adding GTPSP-style (blackened-out, generic) cockpit views to standard cars.

Man

DuckRacer said:
Currently standard cars don't have any cockpit/interior view, though in that Twitter Q&A Kaz said they're considering adding GTPSP-style (blackened-out, generic) cockpit views to standard cars.
Hopefully they will do that. I would like that cockpit frame around me.

ElyrionX said:
I might have to buy a wheel for this.

The DS3 sticks and triggers annoy the shit out of me, especially in racing games.

Hold out on buying a wheel for awhile. They're always putting them on sell. For example, a few weeks ago some site (I think Best Buy) randomly decided to sell the G27 (Logitech's new uber wheel) for $150.

spwolf

KingDizzi said:
Don't be suprised if GT5 releases with up rez GT4 tracks, can't shake that premium tracks shit off even if it was not there for E3, was there before. :(

tracks are brand new... significantly better than before... Nürburgring took them 2 years to do. They are plenty of crazy pics at first few pages of this thread... pretty mind blowing.

witness

Ok so now I want to know how extensive the modding system will be. I want to be able to put body kits on vehicles, or individual pieces, I want to change how wide the tires are (one of the most satisfying things to do in Forza 3 is putting on some wide ass aggressive looking rubber). If we can't change how these vehicles look aside from changing what colors they are and some rims then there will be no acceptable excuse. Remember in GT on psone when you could turn any vehicle into a race car?

spwolf

witness said:
Ok so now I want to know how extensive the modding system will be. I want to be able to put body kits on vehicles, or individual pieces, I want to change how wide the tires are (one of the most satisfying things to do in Forza 3 is putting on some wide ass aggressive looking rubber). If we can't change how these vehicles look aside from changing what colors they are and some rims then there will be no acceptable excuse. Remember in GT on psone when you could turn any vehicle into a race car?

Kaz said more extensive than GT4... :D

gogogow

The gifs! Where are the full videos to the gif on this page and the one from the previous page where the car flashes it's headlight. Can someone link me to them? They look amazing!

I've never played a sim racer online before. Wondering how the game handles collisions. Being a complete amateur driver, I don't want to ruin the online experience for others.

marathonfool said:
I've never played a sim racer online before. Wondering how the game handles collisions. Being a complete amateur driver, I don't want to ruin the online experience for others.

The people that ruin the experience for others aren't the people that are new to the game it's the people that go out of their way to crash into others.

SolidSnakex said:
The people that ruin the experience for others aren't the people that are new to the game it's the people that go out of their way to crash into others.

This is why I posted in metal's online thread, that PD should develop some kind of Virtual Identity Profile(VIP) so you can see tendencies like how often a person crashes into another car ect... I think this type of system will go along way in creating a serene online experience. If you see a guy with 4,000 crashes you know what type of driver he is, so you steer clear of him.

gluv65 said:
This is why I posted in metal's online thread, that PD should develop some kind of Virtual Identity Profile(VIP) so you can see tendencies like how often a person crashes into another car ect... I think this type of system will go along way in creating a serene online experience. If you see a guy with 4,000 crashes you know what type of driver he is, so you steer clear of him.

How well did Shift's online system work? The game tracked your online progress and how you drive and whenever you went online you'd be put into races against people that drive similar to you. So if you constantly crashed into the AI then you'd be put with other drivers like that.

TylerD

I will be so down for trying to create Le Mans type endurance races with multiple classes. Hell, if we can do 16 people Nascar races on super speedways that will be fun as hell with the right group of guys. If they get the aero right Nascar will be great.

I really hope Spa makes it in too. I have a really good feeling about it with some of the stickers that were in the PD studio on a couple of walkthrough vids last year. Day/night races on Spa would be epic.

I put in my preorder for the CE on Thursday.

Az

I am hoping that I will be able to get the CE somewhere like Best Buy or something. Don't trust websites shipping it to me and like to have it day one.

spats

TheAzRim said:
I am hoping that I will be able to get the CE somewhere like Best Buy or something. Don't trust websites shipping it to me and like to have it day one.

Personally, I don't spend all that much on retail games but in this case I'm going to order a CE online and then buy a vanilla copy in-store on launch day.

I just hope SCEE doesn't drop the ball with the CE. We should (hopefully) get the same version that was shown on the US ps blog.

Az

spats said:
Personally, I don't spend all that much on retail games but in this case I'm going to order a CE online and then buy a vanilla copy in-store on launch day.

I just hope SCEE doesn't drop the ball with the CE. We should (hopefully) get the same version that was shown on the US ps blog.

That is a good idea, I could do that too.

TylerD said:
I really hope Spa makes it in too. I have a really good feeling about it with some of the stickers that were in the PD studio on a couple of walkthrough vids last year. Day/night races on Spa would be epic.

Yep, it's definitely a good indication. Kaz has said that no track goes into the series unless he's been there. So the fact that they have been there is a good sign. That's probably the most requested circuit for GT5.

spats said:

If anything Europe will end up getting the best version of the CE. Sony knows that its biggest market. Which is why it's no surprise that the full unveiling is happening there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom