• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 set to release on November 2nd [S-CONF]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
SolidSnakex said:
You aren't alone. I don't like the Veyron's design at all. But I also don't like most Ferrari, Porsche or Lambo designs either.

I can see people not liking one of the three (Porsche here)....but all of them? bonkers!

Dead Man

SolidSnakex said:
You aren't alone. I don't like the Veyron's design at all. But I also don't like most Ferrari, Porsche or Lambo designs either.
No idea what tyhis is from, but it seems appropriate here:
eap1k7.gif

:D Yeah, I can understand not liking one of those, but ALL of them? I personally can't stand the way the Veyron looks, and the current Ferrari designs leave me cold, but I love the Porsche and Lambo designs at the moment.

Edit:
SolidSnakex said:
I do like the McLaren F1 and Zonda designs though. :)
Okay, I guess I'll let you slide, for now.

Dead Man said:
:D Yeah, I can understand not liking one of those, but ALL of them? I personally can't stand the way the Veyron looks, and the current Ferrari designs leave me cold, but I love the Porsche and Lambo designs at the moment.

I don't dislike all their designs. But for the most part their designs don't do anything for me. For example, everyone seems to love the Enzo but it's one of the ugliest super cars i've ever seen. It just looks like a giant mess.

eso76, that's Cote d'Azur from the GTPSP intro. It isn't a confirmed track for GT5 at the moment.

Also it's amazing that GTplanet got an interview with Kaz. The guy going for the PSblog said that he couldn't even get an interview with him because all the slots are taken.

Dead Man

SolidSnakex said:
I don't dislike all their designs. But for the most part their designs don't do anything for me. For example, everyone seems to love the Enzo but it's one of the ugliest super cars i've ever seen. It just looks like a giant mess.

eso76, that's Cote d'Azur from the GTPSP intro. It isn't a confirmed track for GT5 at the moment.

Also it's amazing that GTplanet got an interview with Kaz. The guy going for the PSblog said that he couldn't even get an interview with him because all the slots are taken.
I'll agree with you on the Enzo, it is igly (to me). Incredibly impressive technically, but ugly.

eso76

Dead Man said:
I'll agree with you on the Enzo, it is igly (to me). Incredibly impressive technically, but ugly.

The Enzo is a complete mess.
I've seen better designs in japanese animes from 70's and 80's like Machine Hayabusa

Hayabusa+WIP+-+010.jpg

Thanks for clarifying about Cote d'Azur, really hope it's included in GT5.

While we wait for gamescom to start, here's something pretty fun to watch

http://vimeo.com/11563558
http://vimeo.com/11562740

It's a documentary that was made for GTTV (although never released for some reason) following Kaz's first trip to the Concours d'Elegance in 2008. Hopefully they have a bunch of stuff like this planned for GTTV when it relaunches with GT5.

Credit to Duphman from GTplanet for posting it.

SolidSnakex said:

It's a documentary that was made for GTTV (although never released for some reason) following Kaz's first trip to the Concours d'Elegance in 2008. Hopefully they have a bunch of stuff like this planned for GTTV when it relaunches with GT5.

I don't know. I'm totally chilled out and it seems I don't care about the GamesCom reveal tomorrow, but when I saw the documentary you posted and I think about GTTV and all that stuff... oh boy. I can't wait. I can't wait. I can't wait.

Firewire

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
I do like the McLaren F1 and Zonda designs though. :)

You don't like the Enzo but you like the McLaren F1? I personally never liked the Enzo (thought it was a cruel joke when I first saw it) but I always thought the two cars looked somewhat similar.

800px-mclaren_f1_lm1.jpg

ferrari-novitec-rosso-enzo-9.jpg

J-Rzez

spats said:
I'm possibly alone here, but to me the Veyron always looked like a cheap vacuum cleaner. The design is awful.

I agree, it's certainly not easy on the eye that's for sure. I think Dyson makes nicer looking vacuum cleaners.

Here's a Veyron in action on the streets! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NJmB1F2mdE

Firewire said:
You don't like the Enzo but you like the McLaren F1? I personally never liked the Enzo (thought it was a cruel joke when I first saw it) but I always thought the two cars looked somewhat similar.

Heh, not even close man. I think there's more cues from some Saleens with the F1 than Enzo. I don't really like many Ferrari's, some just look meh. The 355 for it's time was nice, the 360 was blah, the 430 was a step in the better direction, but the 458 is the nicest looking Ferrari since the F40 in lightweight black. I skipped over the Enzo because while it's a cool car, it's not a visually appealing car to me.

KingDizzi

Banned
So we should be getting more information about the game tomorrow and then in detail on wednesday? Hope we do get something tomorrow and not everything is left for the event on Wednesday, time to see if what Yoshida said was fact or fiction. :D

keyrat

The McLaren F1 is just amazing, even timeless, design. The car is 20 years old and it still looks better than supercars built recently. Hell, it even looks better than the new McLaren.

Melfice7

KingDizzi said:
So we should be getting more information about the game tomorrow and then in detail on wednesday? Hope we do get something tomorrow and not everything is left for the event on Wednesday, time to see if what Yoshida said was fact or fiction. :D

im expecting recycled info, i just want the damn people that try the game to use cars we haven't seen yet, they always pick the SLS or R8 what gives

BeeDog

I hope the 'blowout' is tomorrow rather than on Wednesday. Regardless, I'm setting my expectations low this time around (e.g. we'll hear jack shit about what tracks will be included, and whether or not day/night is in for every track etc.). The thing I'm most afraid of is that the information that'll come out of gamescom will only serve to confuse us even more, sorta like the stuff that didn't help at all a couple of months ago. Now's really not the time to obfuscate the game's feature sheet.

J-Rzez

Melfice7 said:
pretty sure its a lambo

anyway did the guy closed his eyes and took his hands off the wheel or something? xD

I think Lamborghini would be insulted to read that you said that like the people in the video though it originally was. :lol

So many stories on this one. One was he was distracted by a low flying pelican and dropped his cellphone taking his hands off the wheel and thus went for a dip. Then again, the guy that had that one, got another IIRC, just in Blue/Black scheme, the only cool looking color combo on that car's body.

Here's a good vid with a bunch of color comps some people never really saw. I like the Blue/Blue one too actually.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12TZwPJ9eGQ&feature=related

Hanmik said:
USA again..? Sony is trying hard to push GT5 for that market.

Well it is just one game out of many you can win in that contest, like the Fortune Hunter edition of Uncharted 2, LBP2. And there's various electronics you can win too.

BeeDog said:
I hope the 'blowout' is tomorrow rather than on Wednesday. Regardless, I'm setting my expectations low this time around (e.g. we'll hear jack shit about what tracks will be included, and whether or not day/night is in for every track etc.). The thing I'm most afraid of is that the information that'll come out of gamescom will only serve to confuse us even more, sorta like the stuff that didn't help at all a couple of months ago. Now's really not the time to obfuscate the game's feature sheet.
I thought they confirmed at E3 that we'll get the full blowout at GamesCom?

offshore

Well the list of questions in the GTP ideas thread is really good, so hopefully Kaz won't be too evasive/silent. I hope they ask Mr Latte's question: "Would you ever like to appear on "Top Gear" TV Show?" Would be interesting to see what Kaz says :p

AndyD

aka andydumi
brotkasten said:
I thought they confirmed at E3 that we'll get the full blowout at GamesCom?

Right, but that still does not mean every nut and bolt will be revealed. GT has always liked to save a few little things for release as surprises for fans.

spats

offshore said:
Well the list of questions in the GTP ideas thread is really good, so hopefully Kaz won't be too evasive/silent. I hope they ask Mr Latte's question: "Would you ever like to appear on "Top Gear" TV Show?" Would be interesting to see what Kaz says :p

Can I marry your avatar?

AndyD said:
Right, but that still does not mean every nut and bolt will be revealed. GT has always liked to save a few little things for release as surprises for fans.
I expect at least a car and track list and all (online) features.

Niks

SolidSnakex said:

Concours d'Elegance really is a little piece of heaven. Anyone knows if theres any blurays about this event?

AndyD

aka andydumi
brotkasten said:
I expect at least a car and track list and all (online) features.

They likely wont offer a list, but they will answer whether stuff is in or not. I doubt they will hand out a list of 900+ cars. Stuff like that is for the website and for the fans after release.

As to tracks I want clarification on locations/events and whether a few particular locations are in or not, and also whether they will allow various custom configurations of existing tracks (long/short variants).

AndyD said:
They likely wont offer a list, but they will answer whether stuff is in or not. I doubt they will hand out a list of 900+ cars. Stuff like that is for the website and for the fans after release.

As to tracks I want clarification on locations/events and whether a few particular locations are in or not, and also whether they will allow various custom configurations of existing tracks (long/short variants).
I didn't mean they should hand out a list with 900+ cars. :lol Just put it online, when they finished the conference.

I, for one, want to know all about car modding. Replaceable body parts, rims etc. I have this feeling that it won't be possible, but who knows?

Goldrusher

RankoSD said:
Enzo is really an ugly car, 458 Italia is the first beautiful Ferrari after a looong time...
I find the 458 to be the first ugly car in a loooong time.
Only from above does it look good. But the front is too wide and flat, the air intakes are horrible, from the side it looks dented and squished, and from the back it looks incomplete.

Firewire said:

[IM]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x138/Firewire_02/800px-mclaren_f1_lm1.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x138/Firewire_02/ferrari-novitec-rosso-enzo-9.jpg[/IMG]

The F1 just looks so clean and smooth. The Enzo (like most Ferrari's imo) is something that just looks like the designers were trying too hard to make it stand out.

Niks said:
Concours d'Elegance really is a little piece of heaven. Anyone knows if theres any blurays about this event?

I don't think so. But HD Theater some times does specials on the event. Better than nothing I guess.

dalin80

Banned
Goldrusher said:
I find the 458 to be the first ugly car in a loooong time.
Only from above does it look good. But the front is too wide and flat, the air intakes are horrible, from the side it looks dented and squished, and from the back it looks incomplete.

Agreed, I think some people are just being distracted by the over styled head light units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom