• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Access will be enabled in the new build of the save editor.

gt5vsjr7.jpg

High Quality Replay: I can't tell any difference but it makes the game run like shit. Maybe it's linked to the aborted video export feature? A 50 second replay is like 200MB.

Good grief, Polyphony are fucking dumb, this menu allows full access to all tracks and premium cars in the game...

hirokazu

Access will be enabled in the new build of the save editor.

High Quality Replay: I can't tell any difference but it makes the game run like shit. Maybe it's linked to the aborted video export feature? A 50 second replay is like 200MB.

Good grief, Polyphony are fucking dumb, this menu allows full access to all tracks and premium cars in the game...

Daaamn. Do these save editors do the decryption and reencryption for you or do you have to do that manually?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Daaamn. Do these save editors do the decryption and reencryption for you or do you have to do that manually?

That's what I want to know. Last I checked they had to have a hex editor or something to decrypt. If you can edit now with the editor doing all the work: Hellooooooo free money (and checking out the secret menu)

Also disable PSN sign-in would speed up the stupid boot-sequence, since you're already signed into PSN with the "latest version" of the game it wouldn't kick you off PSN surely?

Edit: OH MY GOD you were able to access online WITHOUT having to go into My GT/Career mode? Megaton.

Has there been anything from the new hacks like a hidden option to enable motion blur in races or hidden tracks or even if the Bikes that they originally supposed to be in the game?

TheSeks

YESSSSSSS you can give yourself all the Stealth cars?

Suck it, Kaz. Now I can get what rightly should be mine. >:|

amar212

Perfectly reasonable to expect people to buy multiple copies of the game just for a couple of cars.

I didn't buy it for the cars, but purely because of having them, so I ended with:

- GT5 regular retail version
- GT5 Collectors Edition
- GT5 Signature Edition
- GT5 Academy Edition 2013

And to be honest, I haven't really used either Chrome or Stealth in game, because they all felt like a cheat compared to regular cars (I always run stock-cars in game). And since almost none of my friends have them, I didn't use them in online either.

But whatever. It is nice that people will finally be able to try them though.

TheSeks

It's not exactly a new concept.

It's a shitty practice, but he's right it's not rightfully yours.

Except I can buy those whenever I can find/want to. The stealth cars are locked away and not for sale with real-world money: Big difference.

Don't want to give me that option? I'll hack it.

Yes, every premium car and track in the game is listed for use in Arcade mode.

So, not career mode. :(

Perfectly reasonable to expect people to buy multiple copies of the game just for a couple of cars.

I'm not saying they should, but to say you're entitled when you aren't as you didn't buy via those methods is wrong.

The entitlement came from purchasing either the Signature edition or pre-ordering.

It's not exactly a new concept.

mtg_2011CoreSet_introPack_L.jpg

Exactly, people purchased the Signature edition knowing they were getting something extra not available to those buying the standard/collectors editions. THEY are the entitled ones. I don't buy a bottom of the range Ford Focus then say I'm entitled to extra features just because the more expensive versions come with them.

Except I can buy those whenever I can find/want to. The stealth cars are locked away and not for sale with real-world money: Big difference.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gran-Turi...ltDomain_3&hash=item53f6e41ebb#ht_7167wt_1161

Dead Man

That's the stuff Polyphony didn't use but left in the game.

I don't know what the lettered tyre compounds are all about, my lap times are within a tenth of each other.

GT5 save editor 1.4: http://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/gran-turismo-series/640067-gt5-editor-hybrid-creator.html

untitled-17rb90.jpg
Well this looks interesting.

Cote d'Azur requires an especially cool approach. You'll need to watch to determine if he's driving too hastily. Find points along the course where you'll consistently tell him to pace up or down each lap. He'll keep a desired pace and won't be overwhelmed by rampant pace adjustment commands.

Having to baby sit a race driver is so utterly stupid I cannot describe it fully.

No it's not really any different. There are many cases of unique/limited edition cards/wtv. And missing out on it doesn't mean it's rightfully yours just because you can't get it anymore.

TheSeks

Which probably has expired.

Putting them on the PSN store for $5 a pop wouldn't kill Kaz.

No it's not really any different. There are many cases of unique/limited edition cards/wtv. And missing out on it doesn't mean it's rightfully yours just because you can't get it anymore.

Those "collectors" cards are still able to be gotten on the market. Either in used sales (possible) or collectors markets. Locking away "collectors cars" with no means of getting them when they're digital items is pretty damn stupid. Sorry, but I don't think "premium edition" is really that premium when you get basically the same game, 4-5 cars that could be sold on PSN and an exclusive book.

Edit: And basically you can't even trade them. So they're "exclusive" to your account with no means of trading them. Which means your card comparison still doesn't hold water.

Dead Man

Those "collectors" cards are still able to be gotten on the market. Either in used sales (possible) or collectors markets. Locking away "collectors cars" with no means of getting them when they're digital items is pretty damn stupid. Sorry, but I don't think "premium edition" is really that premium when you get basically the same game, 4-5 cars that could be sold on PSN and an exclusive book.

You won't win against the advocates of limited digital items. They are fanatics.

Edit: And basically you can't even trade them. So they're "exclusive" to your account with no means of trading them. Which means your card comparison still doesn't hold water.

It's irrelevant though. That "market" is the second hand market, it has nothing to do with whoever made the cards. You're complaining about the lack of a second hand market in digital purchases, which, not only is another issue entirely, it also doesn't make anything "rightfully" yours.

If Sony removes a game from the PSN store, is that game now rightfully yours?

You won't win against the advocates of limited digital items. They are fanatics.

Advocates?...

Just because I don't pretend something should be mine when it clearly isn't doesn't mean I'm an advocate.

You're right actually, the code expired on 31/12/2012 bit dodgy that sites are still selling really.

9Gsl0iG.jpg

Just checked mine :p

GT5 Garage Editor v1.2.2 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8m2vipb69qx2lt/Releasev122.zip

New Features to 1.2.2:

Secret Menu Toggle
Add Car Tickets (Year Tickets, Manufacturer Tickets)
Clicking the Left hand side "Paint" Cell will bring up a Body/Rim Paint Calculator.
Add Paints
Edit your currently selected car
Borrow Glitch
Gear Ratio Graph updated to be more like In-Game Graph
All Gold: A spec: B Spec :License: Special Events
Credits
Gameday
Edit A-Spec & B-Spec Level
Saves are Backed up

Looks like you can add the Stealth cars to A-spec with this.

I tried the secret menu option to see what the high quality replay mode was like, visually I couldn't tell the difference, the only thing that was different was the larger replay file size and some slowdowns. Shame the variations of the Top Gear Test Track such as the wet version are not playable, and being able to select opponents is something I've always wanted in GT, don't know why PD restrict that feature even though it's programmed into the game.

Shot in the dark, but high quality replay probably means a faster refresh on the saved data of other cars. You know how player pilot movement for other players are jerky in replays? That's probably done like that to save on the data being transfered/saved.

Visuals being better doesn't make sense since the replay doesn't save any visual data.

Dead Man

PP restrictions should work, but they're not exactly perfect. Also I'm sure they could mod the car and still give it a "stock" flag to fool the restrictions.

I haven't seen any indication of that, do you have a link or something. The screenshots I have seen don't have that option anywhere on them. Unless you can do that, it is shite of PD to ban for using it. If PP restrictions work, let people run what the lobby wants to allow.

Ofcourse you'de be against it.

PD banning people modding their saves to gain obvious advantage over the others? Preposterous!

I hope EA removes punkbuster from BF3 next.

I don't know how anyone wouldn't expect this action to be taken.

Dead Man

Ofcourse you'de be against it.

PD banning people modding their saves to gain obvious advantage over the others? Preposterous!

I hope EA removes punkbuster from BF3 next.

Yeah, nice. You admit that lobby restrictions still work, and yet you cry about cheating. Nice work indeed.

God forbid people modify what they have bough to use as they would prefer when it has no ill effect on others.

Stay classy.

Edit: I don't suppose you would deign to take a punt at why I asked those questions first, would you? Tell you what, I'll do it for you. If it had been possible to circumvent lobby restrictions I would be all for banning it. Do try and consider some nuance in your arguments in future.

Yeah, nice. You admit that lobby restrictions still work, and yet you cry about cheating. Nice work indeed.

God forbid people modify what they have bough to use as they would prefer when it has no ill effect on others.

Stay classy.

Edit: I don't suppose you would deign to take a punt at why I asked those questions first, would you? Tell you what, I'll do it for you. If it had been possible to circumvent lobby restrictions I would be all for banning it. Do try and consider some nuance in your arguments in future.

I said that "should" work. The PP restriction alone was never perfect, and you seem to be missing the fact that you can edit more variables then those you can restrict.

Also, I'm not the one crying. I have no reason to. They're doing exactly what I thought they should do.

Dead Man

I said that "might" work. The PP restriction alone was never perfect, and you seem to be missing the fact that you can edit more variables then those you can restrict.

Also, I'm not the one crying. I have no reason to. They're doing exactly what I thought they should do.

Then have the good graces to at least inquire, since you don't know, before you go crying (yes crying) about people doing something PD did not want and comparing it to cheating.

If there is no harm, preventing it is simply ridiuclous. See how I qualified that? If. If there is harm, ban away.

Arucardo

Decided to go back to this for the first time in over a year and man, I forgot how broken the clutch is in this :| (apparently they made it even worse at some point?). Good luck trying to heel-toe in GT5. I really hope they have a proper clutch in the next game.

Also, it could just be me but the braking feel (or lack of it) is a little weird, especially without ABS and using a load cell brake. Might have been because of the cars I tried though (F40 and GT86).

Jilt

Decided to go back to this for the first time in over a year and man, I forgot how broken the clutch is in this :| (apparently they made it even worse at some point?). Good luck trying to heel-toe in GT5. I really hope they have a proper clutch in the next game.

Also, it could just be me but the braking feel (or lack of it) is a little weird, especially without ABS and using a load cell brake. Might have been because of the cars I tried though (F40 and GT86).

What game have you played in the mean time? Might just get some taking used to?

See, was that hard? I can't watch the video at work, but I'll take your word for it.

Proving I was right? Does it matter how hard it was? It was already obvious from the start, even if PP restrictions work, as in, not letting cars pass, you could still mod the car without affecting the PP displayed and have it perform faster.

Dead Man

Proving I was right? Does it matter how hard it was? It was already obvious from the start.

Obvious from the start that you were right? Or that PP restrictions didn't work against hybrid cars? Either way you are wrong, I just want to know what you are wrong about.

Edit: Never mind, I'm out. Enjoy the game the way you want.

Obvious from the start that you were right? Or that PP restrictions didn't work against hybrid cars? Either way you are wrong, I just want to know what you are wrong about.

You missed the point entirely, I know you're just dying to find something new to trash PD for all the time (i already knew were you were going with this right from the start lol) but maybe you should go read everything I said more carefully. But either way, I'll sum it up for you, again.

"Even if you could block cars based on PP, you could still mod variables of the cars without affecting the PP and have it perform faster"

If PP was actually a thorough calculation of all of the car parts, which it isn't, then it could block modded cars. Unless modders found a way to actually mask the mods.

Dead Man

You missed the point entirely, I know you're just dying to find something new to trash PD for all the time but maybe you should go read everything I said more carefully. But either way, I'll sum it up for you, again.

"Even if you could block cars based on PP, you could still mod variables of the cars without affecting the PP and have it perform faster"

If PP was actually a thorough calculation of all of the car parts, which it isn't, then it could block modded cars. Unless modders found a way to actually mask the mods.

Trash PD? What the hell do you think I posted? Did you read what I posted? Time for you to go away now.

"it is shite of PD to ban for using it."

Also your track record speaks for it self. And with that, I'll grant you that favor and go away. For now.

Top Bottom