• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

What do you mean? It's the same layout.

Dunno, now that you mention it, it looks the same in other vids. Somehow it looked slightly different in that video, like the road being narrower, the hairpins being more banked and some turns slightly different.

Rewatching the Impreza video now, that's definitely different to the Eiger I know o_O

Business

What do you mean? It's the same layout.

In GTHD it was more like a narrower mountain road with 2 lanes, and the current version is like a racing circuit up there. Personally I prefered the older look, I specially liked the edges of the road, much more raw compared to the perfect circuit finish with white line we have now.

Just downloaded it for a refresher and it's definitely the better version.

granturismohdconcept_ljuww.png

granturismohdconcept_wxubw.png

granturismohdconcept_s0utq.png

granturismohdconcept_n6ujx.png

granturismohdconceptrru1s.png

granturismohdconcept_1duum.png

granturismohdconcept_9ruyh.png

granturismohdconcept_ntu5v.png

granturismohdconcept_9luki.png

Background art
pic1yysdx.png

Angst

Any thread about GT news is like a honey trap to the haters. Getting silly already in the other threads - reminds me of the GT5 thread the first months after release.

"The physics are messed up! I can tell from logging many, many hours in Mario Kart!"

ruttyboy

So, that car you win for the 15th Anniversary Timetrial, does anyone know if is that a totally new car that isn't available elsewhere?

When did they add the extra multi monitor options? I knew before you could bring the camera closer but now you can pull it back, disable AA

granturismo5_2236lq1f.png

granturismo5_222eoj0f.png

granturismo5_228dxjeh.png

granturismo5_215lqy6a.png

I'm sure disabling the AA helps with the screen tearing? Somebody confirm.

amar212

When did they add the extra multi monitor options? I knew before you could bring the camera closer but now you can pull it back, disable AA

granturismo5_228dxjeh.png

granturismo5_215lqy6a.png

I'm sure disabling the AA helps with the screen tearing? Somebody confirm.

Care to explain more?

What are we looking at?

How did you get helmet view?

CFW only doings, or?

Care to explain more?

What are we looking at?

How did you get helmet view?

CFW only doings, or?

images show using the bigger fov range in the multi monitor options

when combined with narrow narrower in game options you can achieve a better cockpit view as some of the defaults are too close for my liking

100 110 seems to be the sweet spot

it can mess with the lighting on some tracks though

helmet cam is a photoshop job but it does need to be in gt6

Dibbz

The 15th anniversary seasonal is awesome. Really love the GT-R. I've hardly used it since it came out but ripping through the Ring is so sweet with it.

gt5_gt-r_jumpirb82.gif

I was playing around with some of the audio as well and grabbed the exterior sound and overlayed it in the cockpit to add some sexy roughness to it. Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuJ8TbvAM_c

Hmmm, what were the settings in those first two screens? Also are you sure you can disable AA? I would do it to have a bigger FOV and better framerate in cockpit view @ SSR5.

I usually keep it at ~88 to bring the camera closer to the car in the exterior view (which I never use other than to look at the cars lol).

Makki

I was playing around with some of the audio as well and grabbed the exterior sound and overlayed it in the cockpit to add some sexy roughness to it. Thoughts?

A good try but ultimately sounds in GT5 are too... passive. What I don't understand is how Yamauchi, a man who is a perfectionist and always wants to make his vision of a simulator better can be oblivious to the terrible way his engine sounds are reproduced in game.
How can a man that drives these cars even on sanctioned races not look at a replay and think that there's backfire noises missing, jitters from the engine as you shift gears, loaded and off load engine tone differences... but even ignoring those subtle missing components, how can he be happy with the vacuum-like noise most cars make? or that all turbos make the same disappointing pssssssst noise? where's the flutter from high PSI turbos?

Regardless of the sound I will buy every GT that comes out during my lifetime. Hopefully there's a breakthrough in sound before I die lol

Snubbers

The 15th anniversary seasonal is awesome. Really love the GT-R. I've hardly used it since it came out but ripping through the Ring is so sweet with it.

gt5_gt-r_jumpirb82.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuJ8TbvAM_c

I think the audio is a step up from normal, well done!

I've just done 5 laps in the seasonal, it's pretty decent isn't it!!, I've done an 8:42.X so far, but the setup is odd, it oversteers on the brakes far too easily, I'd like to think the real thing is a bit more neutral!!

Hmmm, what were the settings in those first two screens? Also are you sure you can disable AA? I would do it to have a bigger FOV and better framerate in cockpit view @ SSR5.

I usually keep it at ~88 to bring the camera closer to the car in the exterior view (which I never use other than to look at the cars lol).

untitled-1ris8s.jpg

in-game: Narrow

GenericUser

finally looking into starting gt5, never played it, only some prologue. Only issue for me is the standard controller, the stick placement really throws me off. Just ordered a Pro Ex wired controller, anyone have any experience with them? This should hopefully fix my issue.

pro-ex-controller-2mk7-800.jpg

I have this controller and I say: don't buy this! The analog sticks have a terrible dead zone, you will not be able to properly steer your car with this!

I never tried it, but this product seems to be better:

http://www.madcatz.com/products/mlg/

Polyphony had a dabble with bikes during GT3 development, in the GTPlanet research thread they found files for Yamaha and Honda bikes:

bikeman_e3.bin
bike_test0.mdl
cbr600f4i_01_pdiver.mdl
front_tire.mdl
man.mdl
man1.mdl
man2.mdl
man3.mdl
man4.mdl
man_shadow.mdl
rear_tire.mdl
yzr500_99_antena3.mdl

DSCF0373.JPG

honda_11.jpg

Please Kazzie!

gokieks

Well, they already tried putting more effort than just featuring bikes as a side feature in GT with TT, and if I recall that game did not do well at all, so I would doubt that it'll happen again anytime soon.

And I imagine the vast majority of GT fans would much rather they focus on the cars than adding bikes.

Dead Man

Fuck B Spec. Fuck it right off. It is not a simulator of anything, it is a fucking minigame with fancy graphics. Fucking insane micromanagement bullshit.

Fuck.

Dead Man

Let me guess - THAT historical event at Monaco with clusterfuck@Nouvelle Chicane?

Indeed.

Edit: But also in general. It is just not fun, at all. The bobs are terrible drivers, and the degree of management they need is ridiculous. It is not fun, or realistic.

Angst

Played in 3D for the first time yesterday.

OMG it's incredible! I loved it. Yes, the aliasing is worse, but it looks fantastic anyway. I hope it 3D in GT6 will preserve more of the iq though.

I'm doing the Susuka 1000 endurance and noticed they fuel gauge on the HSV cockpit actually works. ( as well as the track time display)

I was under the impression that this was one of the things that didn't work, did it get patched off something out is it just some cars that have it enabled?

panty

Extremely long shot but I'm looking for a song. It was in one of GT5's trailers OR one in of the most viewed fan-made trailers.

It's a house/electro song with a woman singing, something about eternity and maybe morning light..?

Yeah that's all I got. I can remember how it goes in my head...

Angst

I'm doing the Susuka 1000 endurance and noticed they fuel gauge on the HSV cockpit actually works. ( as well as the track time display)

I was under the impression that this was one of the things that didn't work, did it get patched off something out is it just some cars that have it enabled?

Fuel gauges, clocks and other gauges works in some cars, but not all for some reason. Has been like that from 1.0 AFAIK.

Fuel gauges, clocks and other gauges works in some cars, but not all for some reason. Has been like that from 1.0 AFAIK.
I think the clock works on all ( except standards ofc), when I said track time I meant lap time, the HSV has a display for it and it works. Pretty neat.

rvy

Banned
Is anybody still sharing Bobs online for Remote Races? I need to get to level 40, but this is ridiculous by regular means.

Top Bottom