• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League Season 2 - Vorsicht statt nachsicht

Angst

Dead Man said:
What part do non Lexus cars use to get up to 502hp?
We're discussing this, but I'm pretty sure engine break-in will get you to 502 BHP and beyond. BHP gain is in my experience 20-30 BHP.

Nice PRs toxa, mush and seattle!

Dead Man

Angst said:
We're discussing this, but I'm pretty sure engine break-in will get you to 502 BHP and beyond. BHP gain is in my experience 20-30 BHP.

Nice PRs toxa, mush and seattle!
Even for the Yellowhat Supra which has the same HP as the Lexii? (Is that the correct plural?) Cool either way.

Angst

Dead Man said:
Even for the Yellowhat Supra which has the same HP as the Lexii? (Is that the correct plural?) Cool either way.
"Lexuseses" or something. Lol.

We are discussing this now, mush will post the full rules and regulations later and we'll have this sorted until then.

Toxa

Dead Man said:

Yellow Hat ´05 – 1´54´507. 605pp 524hp. Weak car. This laptime was with a engine tuning stage 3 that I couldn´t remove. I guess it´s a boost this car needs to be competitive.

stage 2 engine is required for this car or take a NSX

Dibbz

Great post Mush :D I love these little PR posts.

ashk said:
Great team name Mush and Dibbz :p I hope you don't expect to win or anything though, after all you are just a drinks company.
The finger will come out if we do :p

Dead Man

Angst said:
"Lexuseses" or something. Lol.

We are discussing this now, mush will post the full rules and regulations later and we'll have this sorted until then.
All good, I just want to start practising!

brentech

Toxa said:
Yeah, I stated earlier in the thread as a warning that the car doesn't reach 502 with oil change and full break-in (hits 498hp at my peak). When you purchase it, it weighs in at 1085kg. So you'd be adding weight and under the HP guideline by a little bit - for already slow car.

Would like the word 'Team' removed from our team name. Rather it just be 'Calsonic Boom'. Need a rig a way for Guile's music to play every time our team name pops up. lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Toxa said:

Huh? If it's Stage 3 on it, how would you get Stage 2? Unless you mean Stage 2+3?

In any case, I'll buy the car and the upgrades when the dust settles. I just need to know what car we're driving.

Angst

Dead Man said:
I'll wait for a ruling before buying the car too, we may need to choose something else if there is anything left.
Lots of cars left. I've marked the car that has been picked and the duplicates with "GONE" in the sign-up form. Just look at the form (but don't sign up again unless you're absolutely certain you will change cars).

Here

Dead Man

Angst said:
Lots of cars left. I've marked the car that has been picked and the duplicates with "GONE" in the sign-up form. Just look at the form (but don't sign up again unless you're absolutely certain you will change cars).

Here
Thanks. I think we'll wait, I don't think we'll be front runners anyway, so if Seks is happy to we'll just wait for a ruling. The only car I want to avoid is a GT-R since we drove one last season, and as you say, there are still lots of cars left by the looks of it.

Angst

xeHJo.png

The awesome part mush forgot is that all three of us look exactly like that.

Polyphony

I'll sign up tentatively on behalf of Kaze and myself.

Potential car: Yellowhat GT-R '08
Team name: Undisclosed

lol, I'll confirm the details as soon as Kaze approves

Toxa said:

I was going to comment on that. The stock Yellow Hat Supra is trash, at least with the power capped at 502. You guys might want to do some tests before fully commiting to this one.

All the other car choices i´ve seen are good, based on what i drove earlier this month.

TheSeks

I honestly think the NSX is fine. But Dead Man wanted a Supra. So... :/

UFRA

Just to clarify guys, as of right now the OP states that only the Lexus cars may upgrade to a stage 2 turbo.

We are currently deciding on other cars which are low in HP. Until this is decided, please do not make any upgrade modifications to any other cars (other than chassis reinforcement of course). :)

Toxa said:
take the NSX or supra denso or cerumo supra

I would definitely recommend those two instead of the YellowHat.

My Fairlady Official Press Release 3-30-11

During the off season the My Fairlady racing team was formed between veteran drivers Angst and Gutterboy44. The pair will be competing in the second GT5 Super GT season in the Nissan Xanavi Z '06

"The difference between a Fairlady and a flower girl NSX is not how she behaves, but how she is treated. " -Eliza Doolittle

So how have things been since the end of the last season?

Angst said:
When I found myself alone with the Fairlady after Dibbz' departure I started the search for a new car. I visited lots of factories and was tempted by the YellowHat which the manufacturer told me came with an awesome yellow cowboy hat. That almost sealed the deal for me... almost.

Gutterboy44 said:
I have been pursuing some side projects in between my off season testing sessions. I have always had the ambition to create something edible that previously wasn’t. I often site the creator or the edible panties as my biggest childhood influence. Currently an edible racing harness is in its beta phase and could debut before the end of the season. Fingers crossed!

How do you feel about the car?

Angst said:
During season one the Fairlady Z showed that it had a hot temper and that it's not the most stable car, but when you treat it right it definitely rewards you with showers of love. At the end of the day I couldn't resist it, in many ways it's like the ladies in my life.

Gutterboy44 said:
I am mega chuffed about the Nissan Z. I have already given her a nickname, Eli-zed Driftlittle. I need to break her in and get used to her handling characteristics, but I think she will be a better fit for me than the Takata from last season. With some further pre-season practice, I hope to become accustom to her pace.

What are you looking for in season two?

Angst said:
I want to continue the upwards trend I had in season one that culminated with the win against mush at Monza and I feel I have all the support I need to do it. I'm happy with my new teammate and I think we will have a good season. I have nothing but good things to say about my old team mate and wish him good luck in his 'Ragbag'

Do you think you will find yourself giving your old teammate preferential treatment on the track?

Angst said:
On the track all old friendships are forgotten. The only goal is to be first across the line.

And what about you Guterrboy44, thoughts on season 2?

Gutterboy44 said:
I ended the first season fairly strong with two second place finishes and I hope to take that momentum in to this season. I am looking forward to the new track selection and I think Madrid could prove to be very challenging. We should all be looking to keep the train in Spain mainly in the sane or else there could be some big accidents. The custom track selection is very exciting as well. I look to submit my own entry this week called, Ascot Racecourse. The first part of the track is rather unrefined and rugged, but by the third sector it develops into a highly polished, presentable course.

And your new teammate?

Gutterboy44 said:
It is unfortunate to see weekend_warrior out for season two. However, I am glad to be on My Fairlady with Angst. We had a great battle on GVS last season and I know Angst can be lighting quick. We’ll be looking for the podium every race.

eInTol.jpg

usFDGl.jpg

nsVadl.jpg

Niks

Official Foxtrot Racing Press Release

ZT8t0.png

Team Foxtrot Racing ready for the new season

The NeoGAF SuperGT season began in earnest on Tuesday afternoon as many teams - including Team Foxtrot Racing - began announcing their new cars and drivers. After finishing sixth in last seasons championship, the the United States based team unveiled the car which will hopefully power them to even greater things this season, yesterday at the famous Nurburgring circuit in Germany.

The team revealed many changes in their organization, starting with a subtle name change, as the team is now named "Foxtrot Racing". "We think it sounds edgier, a bit more competitive and hopefully the fans will like it" said the teams Public Relations agent.

Along with the modified name, they unveiled the Toyota Supra Woodone Tom's as the car with which United States drivers UFRA and NIKS hope to clinch the title. "A new season brings new challenges, but with full support from Toyota we hope to achieve even greater goals this season" said the teams Technical Director."The car is very stable and more importantly fast, but we have to wait and see how the new regulations affect the cars behavior in race trim." he added.

Both UFRA and NIKS are thrilled with their new car and spoke of their hopes for the season ahead:

"There were a couple of cars we were interested since the beginning, but during preseason testing it became clear which car we wanted for the new season. As always, our targets are aggressive. We want to be competing at the front and challenging for race wins." said UFRA. "Its great to finally announce the new car today. UFRA has done most of the testing, but from the few laps Ive driven.. the car feels great. Cant wait for the first race of the season to see how it fares against the competition." commented a confident looking Niks.

The first race of the season will be on Saturday April 16 at the Suzuka Circuit.

TheSeks

UFRA said:
I would definitely recommend those two instead of the YellowHat.

Like I said, it's really up to Dead Man as I'm just driving for him. I just need to know which car he wants. Either the Supra or the NSX. :/

Dead Man

TheSeks said:
Like I said, it's really up to Dead Man as I'm just driving for him. I just need to know which car he wants. Either the Supra or the NSX. :/
Man, now you sound like an employee! If you don't want to drive, that's cool, no offence will be taken. :)

But yeah, by the sounds of it, maybe an NSX is a better bet, I'll fill out the form again with the Epson NSX.

Mush

Dead Man said:
Man, now you sound like an employee! If you don't want to drive, that's cool, no offence will be taken. :)

But yeah, by the sounds of it, maybe an NSX is a better bet, I'll fill out the form again with the Epson NSX.
Just a word of advice, I wouldn't go for an NSX as they are really tough to master on DS3's.

It's up to you.

Dead Man

Mush said:
Just a word of advice, I wouldn't go for an NSX as they are really tough to master on DS3's.

It's up to you.
Okay, I tried out the Epson, and it's slow, but so much less oversteer than the Calsonic GT-R on default setup I can't believe it. I'll let TheSeks try it first, I'm pretty happy with it though. It's slow, but steady. Maybe it is different to the 06 cars? Anyway, if you need me to gift you one Seks so you can try it, let me know. If you don't want it we can grab something else.

TheSeks

You mean the ESPON Honda NSX '08?

I bought it and it seems fine to me. Yeah, it's a little slow, but it seems WAAAY easier to drive on the DS3 than the GT-R we had last season. Doesn't seem as prone to throw the tail out when I mash the gas to get out of a corner in a panic either.

Dead Man

TheSeks said:
You mean the ESPON Honda NSX '08?

I bought it and it seems fine to me. Yeah, it's a little slow, but it seems WAAAY easier to drive on the DS3 than the GT-R we had last season. Doesn't seem as prone to throw the tail out when I mash the gas to get out of a corner in a panic either.
Yeah, that's the one. If you are happy with it, I reckon we take the slow but steady option!!

TheSeks

UnDead Seks Rides Again

March 31st 2011 -- Holding a press conference outside of a graveyard one rainy Thursday, team UnDead Seks fielded questions from reporters.

Why is your team switching from Nissan Motorsports (NisMo) to Honda Motorsports (editors note: Mugen?)

Seks: After season one, we felt constrained and overwhelmed with the Nissan GT-R Calsonic provided for us. (He pauses for a moment) Nissan... they make terrific cars for production. But on the track they're a little too wild for novice drivers. With Honda, we're hoping for our Sophomore season to have an easier to drive and therefore easier to race car to control. With Honda and the NSX, we hope to not be so far in the back of the pack as last season.

Why is Seks coming back after Season One?

Seks: That's the darndest thing. I honestly don't know. Dead Man rang me up out of the blue one day and said: "I need you." At first I was like "Uh..." But he went "...I didn't mean it in that way. I meant I want you to drive a car with me again." After a bit of hemming and hawwing, I decided to go for it.

What is your reasoning for coming back?

Seks: Dead Man convinced me that our goal this season isn't to place first or third. But to attempt to better ourselves as race car drivers and hope to shake the jitters and panic that my quick replacement of Dead Man's previous teammate, Mr. AzRim, left in the season. Knowing no motorsport etiquette outside of "try to not slam into other people and the track purposely, and let the faster cars go by with no drama..." the first season was... (he stands there and holds his hands out and shakes them) ... very scary. It was a good learning experience and I was content going home and being a family man in the street fighting circuit. However, fate has a funny way of pulling you back into things you thought were finished.

Any tracks you're looking forward to this season?

Seks: So far, from the preview of the season, they are all interesting. They may be slightly technical, but they'll be good learning experiences. I think the only rounds that particularly scare me are the endurance races in terms of pit strategy and track. The Nurburgring endurance in particular is the noteworthy one where the rubber meets the roads for most of the drivers in my opinion.

How do you feel about your team sponsors?

Seks: Honda is always good. I have liked their NSX cars since the first time I've driven them. In a motorsport capacity, I'm not too sure. As for Espon, I just hope we aren't as slow as their printers are when it comes to race placement.

Has your team heard of the controversy over your chosen team name? Parent groups are lobbying the SuperGT officials to get you to change it to something more kid friendly and less promoting necromancy?

Seks: ...I haven't heard of that. Honestly, if kids are going out there digging up corpses and having sex with them... (he stares out at the news crowd for a moment) ... who am I to tell them it's wrong? If that's their fetish, so be it. As for our team name, it's a humorous take on our names adding a bit of naughty wrongness to it. To the parents, all I can say is they can... (he puts on some sunglasses) ... flatline on this issue. Thank you for coming, we'll see you out on the track!

Mysteriously, as Mr. Seks and Deadman head off into the cemetery The Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again" started to play from the famous band who were setting up for a concert just across the road from the cemetery.

brentech

After being told that 'Calsonic Boom' would indeed be driving the GT-R Calsonic Impul Super GT '08, we found the only rational thing to do was thank the high heavens and celebrate. To our theme song.

It's time to dance.

Dead Man

TheSeks said:
UnDead Seks Rides Again

March 31st 2011 -- Holding a press conference outside of a graveyard one rainy Thursday, team UnDead Seks fielded questions from reporters.

Why is your team switching from Nissan Motorsports (NisMo) to Honda Motorsports (editors note: Mugen?)

Seks: After season one, we felt constrained and overwhelmed with the Nissan GT-R Calsonic provided for us. (He pauses for a moment) Nissan... they make terrific cars for production. But on the track they're a little too wild for novice drivers. With Honda, we're hoping for our Sophomore season to have an easier to drive and therefore easier to race car to control. With Honda and the NSX, we hope to not be so far in the back of the pack as last season.

Why is Seks coming back after Season One?

Seks: That's the darndest thing. I honestly don't know. Dead Man rang me up out of the blue one day and said: "I need you." At first I was like "Uh..." But he went "...I didn't mean it in that way. I meant I want you to drive a car with me again." After a bit of hemming and hawwing, I decided to go for it.

What is your reasoning for coming back?

Seks: Dead Man convinced me that our goal this season isn't to place first or third. But to attempt to better ourselves as race car drivers and hope to shake the jitters and panic that my quick replacement of Dead Man's previous teammate, Mr. AzRim, left in the season. Knowing no motorsport etiquette outside of "try to not slam into other people and the track purposely, and let the faster cars go by with no drama..." the first season was... (he stands there and holds his hands out and shakes them) ... very scary. It was a good learning experience and I was content going home and being a family man in the street fighting circuit. However, fate has a funny way of pulling you back into things you thought were finished.

Any tracks you're looking forward to this season?

Seks: So far, from the preview of the season, they are all interesting. They may be slightly technical, but they'll be good learning experiences. I think the only rounds that particularly scare me are the endurance races in terms of pit strategy and track. The Nurburgring endurance in particular is the noteworthy one where the rubber meets the roads for most of the drivers in my opinion.

How do you feel about your team sponsors?

Seks: Honda is always good. I have liked their NSX cars since the first time I've driven them. In a motorsport capacity, I'm not too sure. As for Espon, I just hope we aren't as slow as their printers are when it comes to race placement.

Has your team heard of the controversy over your chosen team name? Parent groups are lobbying the SuperGT officials to get you to change it to something more kid friendly and less promoting necromancy?

Seks: ...I haven't heard of that. Honestly, if kids are going out there digging up corpses and having sex with them... (he stares out at the news crowd for a moment) ... who am I to tell them it's wrong? If that's their fetish, so be it. As for our team name, it's a humorous take on our names adding a bit of naughty wrongness to it. To the parents, all I can say is they can... (he puts on some sunglasses) ... flatline on this issue. Thank you for coming, we'll see you out on the track!

Mysteriously, as Mr. Seks and Deadman head off into the cemetery The Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again" started to play from the famous band who were setting up for a concert just across the road from the cemetery.
Brilliant!

On a slightly more serious note, the NSX only has 460hp once you buy it, and about 485 with an oil change. Is this normal? Will it increase to 502? I still like the car, more curious than anything. I just beat my laptime around GVS with the GT-R from last season, so I am not worried, just wondering.

Mush

Here are the latest two entries in the user-created track contest for Season 2:

Dead Man - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1dO7RNNk40
UFRA - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ntXVQzYGss

To go along with these wonderful ones already posted:

Angst - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHOpqPIOT3o
brentech - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFF3i2DZoCQ
Niks - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqB4E6c43ak
SunhiLegend - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdoa9G_Edug
Toxa - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pp7p3pC7EA

We're cool people over at the Super GT Committee, so we're giving you until the time below to get your entry in (as in letting us know you've shared a track and want it entered into the contest).

t1301616000z0.png

Mush SGC out!

Mush said:
Here are the latest two entries in the user-created track contest for Season 2:

I guess you missed mine? :( I uploaded the track a few days ago, it's called Eiffel Castle in case you downloaded it but forgot to check it out and still have it in your HD. I'll check the videos pronto.

I tried to add toxa to try out his track but his friend list is full :<

After being told that 'Calsonic Boom' would indeed be driving the GT-R Calsonic Impul Super GT '08, we found the only rational thing to do was thank the high heavens and celebrate. To our theme song.

It's time to dance.

Awww yeah. I wish the custom soundtrack wasn't so buggy, I'd play this in our qualis for sure! *dances*

Toxa

Confirmed Teams

1. The Deers (ashk + MikeDub) - Nissan Xanavi '08
1. Calsonic Boom (risk breaker + brentech) - Nissan Calsonic '08
3. My Fairlady (Angst + gutterboy44) - Nissan Xanavi Z '06
4. Buiu Racing Grand Prix (BRGP) (seattle6418 + chimilosky) - Nissan Motul Autech '08
5. Foxtrot Racing (Niks + UFRA) - Toyota Woodone '03
6. A Drinks Company (Mush + Dibbz) - Honda NSX Raybrig SuperGT '06
7. UnDeadSeks (TheSeks + Dead Man) - Espon NSX '08
8. Capsule Corp Racing (Toxa + l2ound) - Toyota Castrol Supra ´97
9. Polygonal Wind (Polyphony + Kaze13) - Yellowhat GT-R '08

Drivers looking for team mates or unconfirmed team status:
SunhiLegend
Metalmurphy (currently banned, soon to return)
[In//Effect-Mode]
Konosuke
Weekend_warrior (back up driver)
JuicyBob
El Beefo
Permadeath
h3ro
Stilmatic

Angst

Thanks toxa, I was just going to update the old post and quote. No need now :)

We need more people in the league. I'm disappointed that none of the people in the official GT5 thread has signed up. They complain about the grind, but instead of joining a league and having fun they continue grinding day and night. :/

The Deers run 'Red Hot'!

'The Red Hot Deers' announced a new partnership for the upcoming GT'502' season, teaming with well respected championship winning team 'Nissan Xanavi'.
It had been anticpated that the team would walk away from the most recent Lexus offer after lackluster preseason testing and no guanantees of improved
performance. It was though a suprising move to see them team up with last seasons championship winning manufacture who were expected to continue there
relationship with there previous team. In a statement they said:

'After recent allegations of 'partying' with the likes of Charlie Sheen and Tiger Woods,
we decided that it wasn't in our best interests to remain with drivers seattle6418 and chimilosky, we wish them the best in their future endeavors'

TRHD should definitely be in a much better position to fight for top honors this year with a much improved car at their disposal. However, other teams
haven't been standing still and the team may find themselves beating a dead horse in the wake of new and improved opposition. When this was posed to the team
they were still confident, a spokesperson said:

'The team were severely hampered last season with a sub par car but still managed to pull out some great results, this year though we get the whole package, a great drive plus great drivers.
Practice so far has been great for the team with both drivers really connecting with the car, they believe they will really be able to push it this year'.

A fairly typical response, however off hand comments from MikeDub at a recent PR meeting paint a different story. When asked about the teams chances for the upcoming season he replied:

'To be honest, I really don't think it is worth our time competing this year.............we are going to kick so much ass this time that I feel sorry for the other teams, no really, stay home guys'
With 2 weeks to go until the season start it would appear that the smack talk is already in full swing, heated exchanges, massive crashes and great racing await us in Japan, hope you will join us.

Polyphony

Dead Man said:
Damn, you are a high roller! DS3 here.

Right before GT5 came out Logitech did a %35 off anything in their online store sale for half a day. I had the G25 before but couldn't resist the discounted upgrade. I then sold my G25 to a friend so in the end it was a fairly low cost affair. I fricking love my G27, so smooth and the pedals are brilliant.

Very impressed with the quality of racing with some of you DS3 users. I am rubbish with one.

brentech

Just watched a bunch of the recorded laps. I need to actually play them myself, but from what I can just see - I did enjoy the looks of Niks track quite a bit.

There are a lot of good ones, but the nature of the track designer leaves flaws in some. Watching you drive toxa's track, while looking exciting, I think there was too many high speed turns where the variations in the track caused wheel lift and it could turn into a wipe-out-fest.

Again, I need to actually play it myself still though (only played the first few attempts when the contest opened, so I'll go through and download all I can this afternoon). The first track I uploaded had that same problem.
I really wish they'd just let us tinker with the tracks themselves. Even without being able to populate the area it'd be nice to make specific fixes to certain spots of our tracks. /shakes fist!

Dead Man

gutterboy44 said:
Right before GT5 came out Logitech did a %35 off anything in their online store sale for half a day. I had the G25 before but couldn't resist the discounted upgrade. I then sold my G25 to a friend so in the end it was a fairly low cost affair. I fricking love my G27, so smooth and the pedals are brilliant.

Very impressed with the quality of racing with some of you DS3 users. I am rubbish with one.
Good deal, well done. Yeah, some of the DS3 guys are pretty awesome, I think they have hax :)

brentech

gutterboy44 said:

Do you guys with those wheels actually use the clutch and full shiftbox? Before release, I got the gist that it simply isn't very realistic, which was what swayed me to by the DFGT.

I'm open to upgrading my wheel in the future, but from the sounds of it, the clutch portion just seems like a box feature more than a must have. I didn't like the thought of there being no balancing act between throttle/clutch.

And the DS3 isn't so bad. I've logged a lot of time screwing around with it and have gotten quite used to it. Some cars, I'd say are easier to control with it. And off road events, I actually prefer the DS3.

Angst

Polyphony said:
Is it possible to re-name our team? I filled the Google Docs form last night, but we would like to change it to Digital Wind instead. Thanks!
Of course, please send a check to the SuperGT Committee. :)

I'll update the roster with your new name.

Angst said:
1. The Deers (ashk + MikeDub) - Nissan Xanavi '08
1. Calsonic Boom (risk breaker + brentech) - Nissan Calsonic '08
3. My Fairlady (Angst + gutterboy44) - Nissan Xanavi Z '06
4. Buiu Racing Grand Prix (BRGP) (seattle6418 + chimilosky) - Nissan Motul Autech '08
5. Foxtrot Racing (Niks + UFRA) - Toyota Woodone '03
6. A Drinks Company (Mush + Dibbz) - Honda NSX Raybrig SuperGT '06
7. UnDeadSeks (TheSeks + Dead Man) - Honda NSX Epson Super GT ´08
8. Capsule Corp Racing (Toxa + l2ound) - Toyota Castrol Supra ´97
9. Digital Wind (Polyphony + kaze13) - Nissan GT-R Yellow Hat YMS Tomica Super GT ´08

There's still a lot of former drivers and new drivers that have expressed their interest in returning that hasn't yet signed up. Good news is that there is still a lot of good cars available.
Drivers looking for team mates or unconfirmed team status:
SunhiLegend
Metalmurphy (currently banned, soon to return)
[In//Effect-Mode]
Konosuke
Weekend_warrior (back up driver)
JuicyBob
El Beefo
Permadeath
h3ro
Stilmatic

Haven't got a team mate yet :( But will send some pm's to find someone to team up with.
I brought a G25 (best wheel ever IMO) way back before GT5 Prologue was released. Haven't been able to use it much in the last few months or so but will definetly have to start practicing with it again for the super GT cars. Whole different experience than playing with a DS3.

Top Bottom