• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League Season 2 - Vorsicht statt nachsicht

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
gutterboy44 said:
Out of curiosity, who is DS3 and who is wheel?

DS3. I don't have the money for a wheel.

That said, it wouldn't help my poor racing skills anyway. :p

Angst

Angst said:
1. The Deers (ashk + MikeDub) - Nissan Xanavi '08
1. Calsonic Boom (risk breaker + brentech) - Nissan Calsonic '08
3. My Fairlady (Angst + gutterboy44) - Nissan Xanavi Z '06
4. Buiu Racing Grand Prix (BRGP) (seattle6418 + chimilosky) - Nissan Motul Autech '08
5. Foxtrot Racing (Niks + UFRA) - Toyota Woodone '03
6. A Drinks Company (Mush + Dibbz) - Honda NSX Raybrig SuperGT '06
7. UnDeadSeks (TheSeks + Dead Man) - Honda NSX Epson Super GT ´08
8. Capsule Corp Racing (Toxa + l2ound) - Toyota Castrol Supra ´97
9. Digital Wind (Polyphony + kaze13) - Nissan GT-R Yellow Hat YMS Tomica Super GT ´08

There's still a lot of former drivers and new drivers that have expressed their interest in returning that hasn't yet signed up. Good news is that there is still a lot of good cars available.
Drivers looking for team mates or unconfirmed team status:
SunhiLegend
Metalmurphy (currently banned, soon to return)
[In//Effect-Mode]
Konosuke
Weekend_warrior (back up driver)
JuicyBob
El Beefo
Permadeath
h3ro
Stilmatic
For the new page. Sign up for new drivers are located: here

brentech said:
Do you guys with those wheels actually use the clutch and full shiftbox? Before release, I got the gist that it simply isn't very realistic, which was what swayed me to by the DFGT.

I'm open to upgrading my wheel in the future, but from the sounds of it, the clutch portion just seems like a box feature more than a must have. I didn't like the thought of there being no balancing act between throttle/clutch.

And the DS3 isn't so bad. I've logged a lot of time screwing around with it and have gotten quite used to it. Some cars, I'd say are easier to control with it. And off road events, I actually prefer the DS3.

For a race car I don't use the gated shifter or clutch since they are all paddle shift or sequential to begin with (most are). But when I drive a stock Impreza or S2000 and want to really enjoy the full experience I drive with the shifter and clutch. It isn't a perfect clutch mapping but it still adds a lot of feel.

The biggest difference between the DFGT and the G27/25 isn't the clutch and shifter but the entire pedal set. Very well made and great brake feel. Doesn't have the plastic wobble and squishy feel of the plastic pedal sets. Also, the force feedback is a step above and the G27 even a step up from the G25, much smoother FFB.

I use the DFGT at my friends all the time, it is a solid wheel but this is my 4th wheel I have owned in my life so I wanted to get one with the full package. I was tired of moding pedals to feel better.

I was just reading over Season 2 rules and also the real Super GT rules on Wikipedia. I think we should implement this ballast rule as well.

"The ballast will be halved in the second last race, and lifted in final race for all teams participated in all rounds. Teams missing only 1 round also receive halved-ballast in the final race."

Angst

gutterboy44 said:
My Fairlady Official Press Release 3-30-11

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26809066&postcount=70

eInTol.jpg

usFDGl.jpg

nsVadl.jpg
My Fairlady now with pics of the beautiful lady in question!

And I'll talk to mush and UFRA about the ballast rules, sounds like a good idea to me.

DFGT here, after I tried it on a GT5 booth pre-release and after being unable to drive properly in GT5P I couldn't resist.

Can't believe some of you guys are using DS3, I hope you never get a wheel or we'd be screwed :p

Toxa said:

GTFO! Really? Dang Toxa, that is some quality car control with a DS3. I think the addition of traction control will help out some DS3 users.

What does the rigidity upgrade add to cars? I never really noticed a difference. Is there a notable performance upgrade?

Toxa

gutterboy44 said:
GTFO! Really? Dang Toxa, that is some quality car control with a DS3. I think the addition of traction control will help out some DS3 users.

What does the rigidity upgrade add to cars? I never really noticed a difference. Is there a notable performance upgrade?

lol yeah really xD

about rigidity:

the car is more stable in corner

Toxa

I tried the Yellowhat Supra, this car is stable but too slow like the lexus.
the Epson NSX is tricky to drive but more faster than yellowhat supra or Lexus.

I tried the Woodone GTR :p this car is funny LMAO awful to drive but fast but with adjustment (suspension +DGL) it's better

UFRA

I have a DF Pro - the official GT4 wheel. lol

Works great though. :p

Although you wouldn't think I had a wheel based on how crappy my driving looked with that GTR last season!

Toxa said:
I tried the Woodone GTR :p this car is funny LMAO awful to drive but fast but with adjustment (suspension +DGL) it's better

XD

It honestly makes no sense to me. It just randomly kills itself. All through season 1 I thought it was ME driving horribly. Then I hopped into those standard Super GT cars in a practice once and suddenly realized it's the car.

Toxa

I hate the analog stick I can't play, I use D-pad and X to accelerate ...

during replay check the inertia bar I constantly corrects the trajectory xD

@ufra I noticed that you're more competitive with the supra

Niks

Reminder

Mush said:
We're cool people over at the Super GT Committee, so we're giving you until the time below to get your entry in (as in letting us know you've shared a track and want it entered into the contest).

t1301616000z0.png

Mush SGC out!

In retrospect it would have been better to show the tracks in bumper car view mush ;)

UFRA

Niks said:
In retrospect it would have been better to show the tracks in bumper car view mush ;)

True lol. However we would like to have a day where we can showcase all of the custom tracks for everyone to try. So that will make up for it. :)

Mush

UFRA said:
True lol. However we would like to have a day where we can showcase all of the custom tracks for everyone to try. So that will make up for it. :)
I will re-record all the ones we put up for voting in bumper view.

I am going to submit and share a track tonight, but I have some dinner plans at the moment so I am going to be a few hours late on the dead line. I will cap my own cockpit camera view lap of it and post it here. Hopefully that makes up for the late entry.

Niks said:
Yeah, I use the DS3 too.
Its has its pros and cons.

I don´t think the DS3 has any advantadges.

I only got a wheel (G25) for prologue, and i think the difference in precision is Huge.

Mad props to the DS3 users. I can´t go back to it. I´m usually one or two seconds slower with the pad compared to the wheel, but i know some pad users can be just as fast as the wheel users. I just don´t know how.

I can´t even imagine playing GT Academy (which is basically running perfect hotlaps) with a Pad. It´s madness.

----------

Since we´re sharing tidbits on how we play the game, a little confession here: despite everyone saying i´m a noob and that nobody uses it when racing for real, i only drive from the outside view.

I have a terrible peripheral view, and i just can´t do it with any other view angle. So to me it´s chase cam FTW.

seattle6418 said:
Since we´re sharing tidbits on how we play the game, a little confession here: despite everyone saying i´m a noob and that nobody uses it when racing for real, i only drive from the outside view.

I have a terrible peripheral view, and i just can´t do it with any other view angle. So to me it´s chase cam FTW.

What?! You use a wheel and the chase cam. That is so awkward. Oh man, so many interesting things are coming out.

l2ounD

In the US GT Academy, there was one controller user that made it to the finals as well as at least one guy using the 3rd person view. And the chase cam guy made it to Silverstone. So whatever your comfortable with, fast is fast.

I will say though the wheel is tons more fun :p

anyways,

Anyone down for some pre-season scrimmage on Saturday at the usual time?

UFRA

One advantage the DS3 has IMO is the ability to countersteer from a spinout easier than a wheel.

The DS3 can literally turn the wheel 100% to either side within a second, but with a wheel you have to crank it fast and quickly or else it's too late.

Other than that, there's really not much else as far as benefits go lol.

TheSeks

Whoever set the SuperGT lounge to Nurb Long Ass Ring At Night: I hate you. I hope you die in a car fire.

BLACKKKKKKKKKKKKKHOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE. I CAN'T SEE SHIT CAPTAIN! THESE LIGHTS ONLY THROW OUT TWO FEET IN FRONT OF ME. D: D: D: D: D:

UFRA

TheSeks said:
Whoever set the SuperGT lounge to Nurb Long Ass Ring At Night: I hate you. I hope you die in a car fire.

BLACKKKKKKKKKKKKKHOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE. I CAN'T SEE SHIT CAPTAIN! THESE LIGHTS ONLY THROW OUT TWO FEET IN FRONT OF ME. D: D: D: D: D:

lmao You can change it to whatever track you want you silly goose. :p

Kaze13

1. Thanks for signing us up Polyphony! I can't get over how perfect our team name is! hhahahahaha.

2. I have a G27 (bought it for $150 and the Wheel stand pro for $100. Not bad eh? :) but I use the DS3 in races. I just don't have enough room unless I move a ton of shit. When I get a bigger place, I'll bust out the G27 regularly.

Mush

UFRA, would you mind sharing your Supra so I can nab the icon for it?

Also, (I know we haven't mentioned this before, but...) if all teams that haven't already, please write up a press release so I can add it to the OP. All teams will have a little space of their own in the OP so I'll add your info and what not.

On a related note, i was thinking we could do a press conference type of thing at the end of races, with the podium guys, like in Formula 1.

Helps making this thread look like a page of speedtv.com or autosport.com

And ladies and gents, i got the ´01 Xanavi Hiroto, so now i have the full supaGTpokemon collection. If anybody needs any model, i can easilly duplicate one.

I´ll definately try too be there on saturday. I´m salivating for some good online races. It´s been a while since i´ve been in one of these. (Spent all yesterday buying tires and turbos for my standard cars).

Kaze13

seattle6418 said:
On a related note, i was thinking we could do a press conference type of thing at the end of races, with the podium guys, like in Formula 1.

And ladies and gents, i got the ´01 Xanavi Hiroto, so now i have the full supaGTpokemon collection. If anybody needs any model, i can easilly duplicate one.

I´ll definately try too be there on saturday. I´m salivating for some good online races. It´s been a while since i´ve been in one of these. (Spent all yesterday buying tires and turbos for my standard cars).

I wish I had read this before I spent money...to try and make some money to buy a: Nissan GT-R Yellow Hat YMS Tomica Super GT ´08 (wink wink...lol)

TheSeks

Guess I should grind the cash up for tires tomorrow, then. Racing tires only right?

Angst

A lot of us are in the nrl race on saturday, but at least the sgtc will hop on the super gt lounge when the race is over.

And theseks - I set the track to the ring. Because of your whining you have to race there until we join the practice and bother to change the track. ;)

ashk

So many interesting things being revealed in this thread. Yesterday I joked about using the Kinect for driving, but I don't think even that would surprise me anymore.

Toxa

seattle6418 said:

yeah good idea, you have my support

there's a practice this sat ?

Angst

ashk said:
So many interesting things being revealed in this thread. Yesterday I joked about using the Kinect for driving, but I don't think even that would surprise me anymore.
LMAO. Yeah I still can't comprehend how people can do whole races using a DS3. I think I could race the slower cars with a DS3, but never the SuperGT cars. I guess one of the pros is that you don't get as tired as you get with a wheel. The Monza race made me exhausted.
Toxa said:
yeah good idea, you have my support

there's a practice this sat ?
I guess we could meet up after the NRL race. 21.30 GMT / 22.30 UK / 23.30 CET.

seattle6418 said:

Cool idea. One way we could do it is that one of the admins sends out an interview form to the podium guys and then post the answers here.

Dibbz

Juicy Bob said:
Unfortunately, I don't have a team mate anymore. Who wants to team up and run the ARTA '06 NSX with me?
Me and Mush have decided to change to our reserve car ARTA NSX. Not sure if it has been changed up top though.

That would leave the NSX Raybrig free though.

Angst

Dibbz said:
Me and Mush have decided to change to our reserve car ARTA NSX. Not sure if it has been changed up top though.

That would leave the NSX Raybrig free though.
You managed to persuade mush to abandon his Raybrig? Cool, I'll update the car selection pool.

Super GT Roster said:
1. The Deers (ashk + MikeDub) - Nissan Xanavi '08
1. Calsonic Boom (risk breaker + brentech) - Nissan Calsonic '08
3. My Fairlady (Angst + gutterboy44) - Nissan Xanavi Z '06
4. Buiu Racing Grand Prix (BRGP) (seattle6418 + chimilosky) - Nissan Motul Autech '08
5. Foxtrot Racing (Niks + UFRA) - Toyota Woodone '03
6. A Drinks Company (Mush + Dibbz) - Honda NSX ARTA Super GT ´06
7. UnDeadSeks (TheSeks + Dead Man) - Honda NSX Epson Super GT ´08
8. Capsule Corp Racing (Toxa + l2ound) - Toyota Castrol Supra ´97
9. Digital Wind (Polyphony + kaze13) - Nissan GT-R Yellow Hat YMS Tomica Super GT ´08

Not going to be able to get a track submission in. I thought I would have time this morning since I was going to work from home today but I ended up having to go in to work. And tonight I am going to see the Strokes at MSG, yeay!

Oh well, some nice looking submissions so far, should be a good season.

Kaze13 said:
I wish I had read this before I spent money...to try and make some money to buy a: Nissan GT-R Yellow Hat YMS Tomica Super GT ´08 (wink wink...lol)

Hit me with a PM if you still need any vehicles.

Niks

Juicy Bob said:
Unfortunately, I don't have a team mate anymore. Who wants to team up and run the ARTA '06 NSX with me?

Metalmurphy would like to team up with you Juicybob. He is banned at the moment but he is interested in racing this season too.

Toxa

Drivers looking for team mates or unconfirmed team status:
SunhiLegend
Metalmurphy (currently banned, soon to return)
[In//Effect-Mode]
Konosuke
Weekend_warrior (back up driver)
JuicyBob
El Beefo
Permadeath
h3ro
Stilmatic

Top Bottom