• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

FootballFan

I am experiencing a rather big issue with the game. It most likely is due to the PS3 itself, but I am getting complete picture freeze while I am racing, with only the sound still blasting through the speakers and then after a few seconds the game decides to continue again.

This stutter/freezing happens all the time, and even happens multiple times around any particular corner. Is this something that anyone else has experienced or should I invest in a new PS3.

I was so close to completing/golding all the events and then this issue popped up and it renders the game unplayable for me, so I have not touched it for a while.

I made sure to try out other games to see if they too suffer from issues similar to this. But I have not had any problems with MGS HD Collection, GTA V, Okami and a few other games. Maybe those titles do not tax the system as much as GT6 does, but it was worth a shot.

I have the disc based version of the game.

If you're definitely having no problems in other games then it seems unlikely that your PS3 is failing. Perhaps the GT6 disc is damaged, or the installation.

Red Bull Standard vs. Fan Car comparison movie

The "Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Standard" is a conventional aerodynamic Venturi car with a 2 litre V6 turbo engine producing 788 BHP. The car has the same characteristics of a modern day racing car in that its downforce rises as a square of its speed, while the corresponding produced drag (air resistance) obstructs its maximum speed. This also has the effect of changing the driving behaviour of the car according to its current speed.

The "Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Fan Car" is the ultimate X2014 powered by a 3 litre V6 turbo producing 1,183 BHP. The air under the floor of the car is drawn out by the fan at the rear end, generating an extremely powerful downforce regardless of the vehicle's current speed. Since the car relies on this downforce for cornering, aerodynamics of the body can be more streamlined, reducing the downforce needed from Venturi effects. As a result, the drag forces are greatly reduced, raising the top speed of the car considerably, and offers a driving behaviour that is less affected by the current speed of the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fGH2xMlZfw

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_4575938.html

ruttyboy

1.04 is out. As well as four new cars and a few other documented tweaks (full details from GT Planet here), something that isn't mentioned is that in the dealership it now labels each car as 'Interior: Detailed' or 'Interior: Simplified'. Hopefully that will help those who use cockpit view.

Ted

*reads patch notes*

*mutters something about still no fecking shuffle racing*

*goes back to playing any other game*

ruttyboy

*reads patch notes*

*mutters something about still no fecking shuffle racing*

*goes back to playing any other game*

Jesus, take it easy, that will come with the promised big patch that will revamp the multiplayer part of the game. You just have to wait, they've said it will be ready for the start of January.

Oh.

Seriously though, it's looking like we'll even be getting the first track DLC before all the promised multiplayer stuff arrives...

They didn't say when they'd start with the monthly track DLC, did they?

Kaz had to first commission an art project on whether January has even technically started yet, and when it actually ends. Once the start of January is officially patched in, there will be daily content updates that adds each day of January into the GT6 calender. We can expect the end of January to be in GT6 by the start of March. Once GT6 reaches the start of February, somewhere around April, they can begin to release the month of February, which includes the DLC monthly content for March. I hope this clears things up about the DLC schedule.

Ted

You just have to wait, they've said it will be ready for the start of January.

Oh.

Hah! : )

"I have noticed that the people who are late are often so much jollier than the people who have to wait for them." - Edward Verrall Lucas

Nothing in the series goes according the schedule. I think this is the first time in the series that long time die hard fans are just extremely disappointed and pissed off. It´s the collective "i´ve had it".

They should be worried, they should reconsider some things.

Who could have imagined that releasing a GT game in 2013 without core online funcionality would generate this?

The game wasn´t ready, should have been a car track pack for GT5. First time in the series they tried to milk the franchise and it´s backfiring big time.

I´m cheering and hoping that they turn some things around, but right now it´s rough.

krpiper

Is there anyway to turn off the clock that is in the middle of the screen, but still leave the one in the corner?
I know this was in GT5 but its more distracting than I forgot :(

The other Red Bull events, finally! Sneaking it in quite it's just barely still January, sneaky buggers.

The X2014 Standard is incredible and it's finally a formula car about on par with the Formula GT in terms of performance. Yay! Options are good but I still miss the F2007. The fancar saddens me a bit, however, as it's significantly slower than the 2010/11 models. I know this is an incredibly silly thing to gripe about, but a car evolution should be improved upon a previous model in at least some way and this isn't. Well, I guess that's not 100% accurate. The top of the power curve is flatter so it's a tiny bit easier to drive and not have to worry about shift points to keep it in the sweet spot. The announced gap in PP is small but the power gap on the very top end is very large.

This makes me want the X2015, though! With F1 regulations changing so much this year we might get a substantial overhaul that has a lot of the new engine and drivetrain magic tricks. In practical terms it could offer a new form of battery-driven traction control that would keep tire temps and wear in check and give better mid-range response, although the biggest difference is the 40% cut in fuel usage which is almost completely meaningless in GT6.

IISANDERII

Kaz had to first commission an art project on whether January has even technically started yet, and when it actually ends. Once the start of January is officially patched in, there will be daily content updates that adds each day of January into the GT6 calender. We can expect the end of January to be in GT6 by the start of March. Once GT6 reaches the start of February, somewhere around April, they can begin to release the month of February, which includes the DLC monthly content for March. I hope this clears things up about the DLC schedule.
*Golf clap*

Ted

Nothing in the series goes according the schedule. I think this is the first time in the series that long time die hard fans are just extremely disappointed and pissed off. It´s the collective "i´ve had it".

You might be right. [In the past] I have said I will forgive this franchise any sins yet though GT6 is unarguably a better game than GT5 I just can't get into it.

I sunk countless hours into GT5 but I struggle to motivate myself to even get the wheel out and bother with GT6 now the initial "new and shiny" effect has worn off. And it's not even next gen related as I'm not an earlier adopter at all when it comes to hardware or the latest smash hit multiplayer game.

Not having shuffle is a big part of it I suspect.

For want of a better way to put it, I feel a bit "stuck in the middle" between two game modes in terms of sheer competitiveness. I can race stock cars on street tyres and win offline but the AI is only a challenge in terms of distance to the rabbit car, it rarely feels like a proper panel to panel race. On the other hand online is all racing soft tyres, tuned rocket ships, short races and either punters (frustrating) or seriously fast guys (I can't keep up so it feels like a time trial rather than a race). Maybe I'm just rusty but shuffle used to really balance that skill gap so even the normally slow guys (like me) had a chance now and again and at least there was enough variability of cars on track to mean you would probably get a close race with someone.

There's a few places as well where I think GT6 feels a colder than GT5, like it feels less enthusiastic about the joy of cars, any cars, even the shitty ones. The garage layout for example. Yes, it's functionally a million times better but the smaller car displays and the more obvious UI make for an experience that doesn't say the car's the star quite as much as it used to.

GT6 is clearly a better game but it feels to me like a harder game to truly love.

conman

GT6 is clearly a better game but it feels to me like a harder game to truly love.
This is where I'm at. It took me 20 hours to breeze through the singleplayer content, less than that to get the "hardest" trophies. There's no challenge left in singleplayer and I still don't think multiplayer is ready for primetime, so why would I keep playing? At somewhere between 200 and 300 hours dumped into GT5, I still haven't gotten the platinum in GT5 (80-something% trophies). I felt driven to keep playing because the game was challenging in the best ways. Some of those challenges and trophies were brutal (but fair and fun). But I don't feel any reason to keep playing GT6. It's simply too easy.

The core driving feel of GT6 is much better than GT5, but the design of the game itself gives me little reason to keep playing. It feels like a dead-end. I had fun with GT6 for the short time it lasted, but I wouldn't have shelled out $60 for it if I thought this was all it would be.

offshore

They should be worried, they should reconsider some things.
Honestly, I don't think they're worried. Sony can reasonably guess that when they show GT7 on new hardware, it'll look amazing and people will rush to buy it upon release. With PS4 flying, GT7 will probably be another 10m+ seller. I'm sure Sony are surprised that GT6 has cratered this badly, but worried? I'd like to think so... but I don't see it.

And I was really hoping the Community section would come back with this update. How is it possible to have a great community section in GT5 at launch 3 years ago, and nothing in GT6 today? I find it puzzling.

Honestly, I don't think they're worried. Sony can reasonably guess that when they show GT7 on new hardware, it'll look amazing and people will rush to buy it upon release. With PS4 flying, GT7 will probably be another 10m+ seller. I'm sure Sony are surprised that GT6 has cratered this badly, but worried? I'd like to think so... but I don't see it.

And I was really hoping the Community section would come back with this update. How is it possible to have a great community section in GT5 at launch 3 years ago, and nothing in GT6 today? I find it puzzling.

Maybe the lack of activity in here also reflects the lack of sales.

After doing the SebVet challenges last night, I'm finding the lack of challenge in GT6 mighty disappointing. Did the Gold at both Monza and N'Ring on my first try and Suzuka on my second try (restarted 'cause I binned it through the esses). Just like the rest of the game, I was seconds clear of the required time.

I remember going for the Golds in the SebVet challenges in GT5. It was a sweaty-palm, nerve-wracking procedure that required absolute knowledge of the car and tested your consistency. The N'Ring and Suzuka events probably took me a hundred tries. They demanded two near perfect laps at 100% of ludicrous speed.

Last night in GT6 I was barely getting to know the car, taking corners wide, braking too deep or too early and generally just driving rough - as you'd expect of the first five laps or so while you're learning a car - only to be "gifted" a Gold time. It's stunning.

True, the X2014's are both much easier to drive than the zero-forgiveness X2010, but still - some challenge would have been nice, Polyphony. There's not even a leaderboard to keep me playing the event..

I feel they've gone too heavy-handed with dumbing down the game for the masses, and in doing so, they've compromised their core following.

Hopefully the next iteration of the series brings some challenge back - at the very least, I hope they find a happy medium.

TTG

I like the stable of cars that Polyphony/Red Bull have come out with. I like the idea of incrementing the performance from cart to looney tunes and they're all drivable. Unlike the old car where you had to spend hours to even acclimate to that type of driving. I bet most of us spent the same amount of time on that short piece of road at Goodwood with the old prototype as we did on Spa and Suzuka combined with the new car.

The times are a lot more lenient now, but I'm ok with that. Actually, it's better than what the old standards were. Keep in mind that the old gold times required an absurd amount of work for DS3 users, which is a vast majority of players. I must have spent the better part of a week getting to gold worthy times at the Nurburgring GP in GT5, that soured me on ever going back to Suzuka for more than a bronze. It's probably 5-8 seconds slower than what I would consider a respectable time now, but I would rather it be that.

The only thing I miss is a proper formula car that behave like the Ferraris from GT5. I don't care if it's Red Bull's Ersatz version with Vettel's face for a grill, those cars were so much fun to drive. They would get out of shape under throttle but were controllable enough where you could keep your foot in it and steer your way out of trouble... they were awesome. The X2014 Standard has too much grip, IMO. Not to mention that you look down at the speedo and you're liable to see 300...

nib95

Banned
Nice update.

The new X2014 Standard races give you insane amounts of money with a 200% bonus. Really liking the new Seasonal updates too. The sound of the NSX is really quite awesome, which surprised me. Kicking that around on Ascari, it took me a while to get Gold, because I basically have no knowledge of the track and was learning it as I went along. I only did it with the free NSX I got earlier in the game, but in the end managed to clear it by a couple of seconds.

The new race tuned version of the Mercedes VGT is nice too.

Kukuk

Banned
What was wrong with the 15min races?

After you'd finish the 15 minutes, and it tells you you're on the last lap, it would randomly drop you in position, making it impossible to win the race. Damn bug got me twice, because I didn't realize what had happened the first time.

amar212

So have they ever acknowledged that clutch is still completely broken?

Polyphony themselves "broke" it on purpose during GT5:prologue times when they discovered how G27 users are cheating in the Time Trials by pausing the game during particular TT and changing gears when in pause to save in clutch-release times while upshifting.

First, they've disabled H-pattern manual completely fro GT5:p, but once they've decide to make it available again, the progressive clutch was gone for good (for GT5 and now GT6).

So, they are probably very aware of it, but it is also their full decision to make it like that.

Sorc3r3r

This is where I'm at. It took me 20 hours to breeze through the singleplayer content, less than that to get the "hardest" trophies. There's no challenge left in singleplayer and I still don't think multiplayer is ready for primetime, so why would I keep playing? At somewhere between 200 and 300 hours dumped into GT5, I still haven't gotten the platinum in GT5 (80-something% trophies). I felt driven to keep playing because the game was challenging in the best ways. Some of those challenges and trophies were brutal (but fair and fun). But I don't feel any reason to keep playing GT6. It's simply too easy.

The core driving feel of GT6 is much better than GT5, but the design of the game itself gives me little reason to keep playing. It feels like a dead-end. I had fun with GT6 for the short time it lasted, but I wouldn't have shelled out $60 for it if I thought this was all it would be.

The A.I. is what is killing the game on single player:
i dont' know,since the A.I. waits for me, how to set up a challenge, the whole race is faked, boring.

The multi without the shuffles is dead to me too.

So here I am waiting or better hoping for a patch...

supersaw

Polyphony themselves "broke" it on purpose during GT5:prologue times when they discovered how G27 users are cheating in the Time Trials by pausing the game during particular TT and changing gears when in pause to save in clutch-release times while upshifting.

First, they've disabled H-pattern manual completely fro GT5:p, but once they've decide to make it available again, the progressive clutch was gone for good (for GT5 and now GT6).

So, they are probably very aware of it, but it is also their full decision to make it like that.

Sounds like a really lazy way to address the problem, the current clutch behaviour is very unrealistic.

That is such bullshit! Every single bit of it. I can't fucking believe shit like that. It was just yesterday when I did the S2000 seasonal and I fucking raged, because of the broken clutch implementation.

Honestly, you always seem to have some fucking bullshit excuse for them and I'm so sick of hearing that shit. Engine sounds are terrible and have been terrible for over a decade? "Something something sound processing and not enough RAM". A shitty clutch implementation? "You know, back then in 2007 ..."

"Whatever is broken in Gran Turismo, its broken on purpose and good that way or has to be that way, because of reasons or something like that" and that's all I get from you, whenever you try to explain the faults in the games.

ruttyboy

I seem to remember Kaz being quoted saying something like they don't work on the clutch because it's impossible to use it properly without tactile feedback. I have to say I agree with him, in real life, out of the three pedals the clutch is one where variable resistance is the most crucial (>brake>accelerator).

I think in reality the biggest thing though is that it disadvantages their main playerbase too much, those with the DS3. Has there ever been any stats on what percentage uses what control method? If you're selling 10 million copies, the vast vast majority won't have a three pedal wheel setup, surely?

amar212

That is such bullshit! Every single bit of it. I can't fucking believe shit like that. It was just yesterday when I did the S2000 seasonal and I fucking raged, because of the broken clutch implementation.

Honestly, you always seem to have some fucking bullshit excuse for them and I'm so sick of hearing that shit. Engine sounds are terrible and have been terrible for over a decade? "Something something sound processing and not enough RAM". A shitty clutch implementation? "You know, back then in 2007 ..."

"Whatever is broken in Gran Turismo, its broken on purpose and good that way or has to be that way, because of reasons or something like that" and that's all I get from you, whenever you try to explain the faults in the games.

What is the problem? I am only replying with something it has been known and documented before? I provide the reasoning because I happen to follow GT related news and issues.

I am not happy with either sounds, clutch modelling, graphical issues or lack of HUD on/off button in realtime or inability to change oil in pits, but I am not raging without context over forums but trying to educate myself about reasons for this and that.

Why is that problematic?

I seem to remember Kaz being quoted saying something like they don't work on the clutch because it's impossible to use it properly without tactile feedback. I have to say I agree with him, in real life, out of the three pedals the clutch is one where variable resistance is the most crucial (>brake>accelerator).
That's true, but a bunch of other sims do it regardless - it's not a particularly good reason to ignore a proper clutch implementation. It's no different to running a wheel with the FFB off - it's more difficult to feel what's happening, but it's still a valid input.
I think in reality the biggest thing though is that it disadvantages their main playerbase too much, those with the DS3.
It shouldn't pose a disadvantage - an auto clutch driver aid is all that is required, which would be enabled by default if you use a gamepad or any wheel with two pedals. It wouldn't seem any different to how it is now (aside from the crazy fast gear changes which need to be slowed down for certain cars anyway) unless you had a clutch pedal.

ShowDog

What is the problem? I am only replying with something it has been known and documented before? I provide the reasoning because I happen to follow GT related news and issues.

I am not happy with either sounds, clutch modelling, graphical issues or lack of HUD on/off button in realtime or inability to change oil in pits, but I am not raging without context over forums but trying to educate myself about reasons for this and that.

Why is that problematic?

Some people just want to believe Polyphony are clueless idiots despite being able to build the game into what it is over the years. Like you, there are some things I really want improved. Clutch modeling, graphical improvements, better online, better sound etc.

Polyphony knows the sound sucks, supposedly they are trying to fix it. There are technical limitations. That doesn't mean the sound doesn't suck, it means they are having trouble getting it better. Unfortunate reality.

Polyphony knows the clutch sucks. It used to work better, but they disabled it because it led to cheating in online time trails. I believe they could find a better solution (if someone pauses and shifts, have it grind and pop out of gear) but they obviously know about the problem, because they created it.

Polyphony knows about the graphical problems. Kaz is on record saying the video card in the PS3 is a piece of shit. Not much to do there when you are trying to make something look realistic. The best looking games will always hide behind clever artwork, distracting graphical effects and deceptive illusions. All of which would detract from reality to a degree.

The online, who the fuck knows what they are thinking. Same with the AI. I'm not making excuses for Polyphony, at the end of the day it's their job to make a compelling product regardless of limitations. But if anyone would be interested in understanding those limitations and discussing them, it would be people on a videogame forum. I believe understanding the context and limitations imposed on those who create the games we enjoy is one of the most interesting aspects of gaming. If I didn't I wouldn't be here to be honest. I'd be playing more games.

I remember that, but their "solution" it´s another one of those instances where on paper you hear them saying "we´re striving for realism and perfection" and on reality "we´re dumbing it down because hardcore users are not our target".

Prologue is the best GT game of this generation by far. It had laser focus on racing, had no BS or useless features, and it was completely aimed at online racing and longevity.

All the content was superb at the time, frame rate was better, graphics were awesome for 2007, online worked like it should with matchmaking and leaderboards.

Leaderboards alone made people keep playing the game with different cars for 2-3 years after the release of the game.

Everyone was excited because it´s was something evolving, just getting started.

Somehow after Prologue they have managed to regress on huge aspects of gameplay like Braking, frame rate, clutch, online, assets quality among other things.

There´s no other word other than frustration when you have a working clutch model in 2007 and you can have one seven years LATER.

How can you not find a way to code matchmaking into the series after you had it as a feature in 2007?

How can you not have leaderboards in a game that´s based on trying different cars, having endless replay value and such a competitive fan base that this very reason is why you can have something like GT Academy?

Their goals were awesome and they are the pionners of console racing, but in the last few years they diverted from reality, started chasing stupid projets like these make believe red bull cars and some other things...

I´ve just come to accept that my goals for a racing sim are different than the ones PD is chasing... and that there are no games currently on the market able to satisfy this... it´s really a case of each game does something good, but none manage to be the grandaddy of all like GT was until 2004-2005.

I know you are giving the context of what happened, but some of us are so frustrated with the way the series is going that it seems like people are defending some of their stupid decisions like the one they did with the clutch "modelling".

The new driving model is mediocre at best. Racing cars are numb and despite the "you have to be careful not to spin in second gear" i felt devastated to know that handling is just like GT Academy, which produced some of the most need for speed like laps i´ve ever seen on GT.

So yeah, i think i´m a bit down on my favorite series. I really think they completely lost it on what makes it a good racing simulator.

Well I didn't think any dev could fuck up pit stops in game more than Codemasters managed with the F1 series, but boy has this game proven me wrong.

Just reached the S class races and that first race at Willow Springs - jesus. Doesn't matter how much of a lead I get over the other cars, if any cars enter the pits behind me, even if I have a fair few seconds lead, it holds me there until every single car behind me has left the pits.

I have actually had it let me start to leave my pit box, but then stop the car, wait for another car to pass, let me move a few inches more, stop me again....several times until they all pass.

Artificial Intelligence? Artificial Idiocy...

muteki

While there is plenty to discuss about what is missing/could be better about GT, I think the biggest problem is the sheer number of bugs in a full retail package game for a modern home console. For a mainline first-party game no less. There were/still are too many things simply broke that it really makes me wonder how this got through any sort of quality testing. Reset's on updates, custom soundtracks that simply don't work, the other aforementioned problems, it is just ridiculous.

I don't care about new cars/tracks. I just want the game I purchased back in December to functionally work the way it is supposed to, the way it was advertised. Stop using post-release updates as a crutch and actually put out a quality product that does what you say it will.

ruttyboy

OK, in my quest for a time trial challenge that wasn't ruined by tuning I have gone through the licenses again over the last few days.

Decided not to use any assists (except the forced on SRF) and see where I could get. Ended up getting 1st place on my friend's leaderboard on every single event!*

I know you're all dying to congratulate me, and yes, you can buy signed photos of me from my official website, but no touching puny mortals!

Seriously though, considering a lot of you are on my friends list, I'm pretty chuffed. Although I also have a sneaking suspicion that the tweaks they've made to the physics have been more substantial than they've let on, considering most people would have set their time back at release.

Oh, and also massive respect to Kaze13 who was nine times out of ten the guy to beat and he was using a shitty old DS3!

* Except B-1 where I'm 0.138 off 1st because it's too boring to try and beat ABS in an emergency stop and S-4 because fuck driving a tank around.

Dead Man

Some people just want to believe Polyphony are clueless idiots despite being able to build the game into what it is over the years. Like you, there are some things I really want improved. Clutch modeling, graphical improvements, better online, better sound etc.

Polyphony knows the sound sucks, supposedly they are trying to fix it. There are technical limitations. That doesn't mean the sound doesn't suck, it means they are having trouble getting it better. Unfortunate reality.

Polyphony knows the clutch sucks. It used to work better, but they disabled it because it led to cheating in online time trails. I believe they could find a better solution (if someone pauses and shifts, have it grind and pop out of gear) but they obviously know about the problem, because they created it.

Polyphony knows about the graphical problems. Kaz is on record saying the video card in the PS3 is a piece of shit. Not much to do there when you are trying to make something look realistic. The best looking games will always hide behind clever artwork, distracting graphical effects and deceptive illusions. All of which would detract from reality to a degree.

The online, who the fuck knows what they are thinking. Same with the AI. I'm not making excuses for Polyphony, at the end of the day it's their job to make a compelling product regardless of limitations. But if anyone would be interested in understanding those limitations and discussing them, it would be people on a videogame forum. I believe understanding the context and limitations imposed on those who create the games we enjoy is one of the most interesting aspects of gaming. If I didn't I wouldn't be here to be honest. I'd be playing more games.
Things like the bold I added are why people are deciding they are clueless. They are clueless about whats important to the people buying the game. Sound matters, they should fix that before making moon layouts. Hell, they've been saying for decades now the sound will be better. It's not that anyone thinks they are technically clueless (well maybe a bit) but that they are just not making a game that is up to the standard expected overall. And for reasons that are not out of their control, but are their own choices and priorities. Which is fine, but when people are disappointed, they are going to call them out on their design and production decisions.

And the video card is not a piece of shit, it is just from 2006 and they are trying to do too much with it.

Why is that problematic?

You have to understand, amar. From an outsider perspective all of this sounds so ridiculous and stupid, that it's very, very hard to take it seriously. It's been seven years since GT5:p came out and had that problem and you're telling me that, again, seven years later, they weren't able to fix it or rather chose not to and broke it by design instead (citation needed).

How is that not incompetent? Seriously, I want to read the interview or article where they said that this is exactly the reason the clutch is broken.

I keep getting this crap on tracks with day/night with patch 1.04 installed:

5sdlr9.png

Anybody else? It seems to happen more frequently on Apricot Hill.

Fix this shit!

Mobius 1

I will never understand why some of you insist that Polyphony is staffed but a group of aloof idiots. Bias aside, they produce one of the most complex and accomplished pieces of entertainment software out there, and have been doing so for nearly 20 years.

There are constraints and compromises in design, and some of these are apparent in what they do. It doesn't paint them in a negative light. They have a clear philosophy that result in some remarkable results.

Just my opinion, carry on as you like.

offshore

They have a clear philosophy that result in some remarkable results.
And what has that philosophy led to? It's led to the biggest market crash in GT history. And even before that, it led to serious complaints about GT5.

I hope after the complete tanking of GT6 we can tone down this talk of "philosophy" or "what GT is about", because it is clear that "what GT is about" and "GT's philosophy" has been comprehensively rejected by the market.

conman

The A.I. is what is killing the game on single player:
i dont' know,since the A.I. waits for me, how to set up a challenge, the whole race is faked, boring.
Not at all. The AI's always been crap in the GT games. I'd argue that the AI in GT6 is better than its ever been (still far from perfect or even very challenging). So I don't think the AI has anything to do with it. The thing that kept folks playing GT5 (or GT4!) were the various challenges (licenses, special events, time trials, missions, etc), not the AI. With no challenge to getting golds, there's no reason to keep playing GT6.

The main problem is their workforce that seems pretty small for this type of game.

Which seems to be obvious because of the shortcomings and it´s also a bummer because they would be one of the very few devs who could have a 800-1000 people staff without producing losses for the company.

What you did in the last 15 years or so doesn´t get you anywhere in the future. I can´t believe Gran Turismo got Final Fantasy´d. Japanese developers clearly lost it in the PS3 gen, and it´s just a shame to see pioneers of the industry now chasing what the western devs are doing.

And what has that philosophy led to? It's led to the biggest market crash in GT history. And even before that, it led to serious complaints about GT5.

I hope after the complete tanking of GT6 we can tone down this talk of "philosophy" or "what GT is about", because it is clear that "what GT is about" and "GT's philosophy" has been comprehensively rejected by the market.

Because at least GT5 is significantly better than GT4. We waited for patches, we saw news of GT Academy guys working with them, they said they would listen to feedback, they kept making promisses and GT6 is so underwhelming and without focus that just turned most of the fans down. Look at the interest here in Neogaf, or at GTP, game is incomplete and was a cash in due to the PS3´s userbase.

That moon thing is probably of the few times i felt offended by a videogame. You keep telling me you love racing and cars and you waste your precious time doing that? I look like a clown seeing that. It represents everything that´s wrong with the series.

It´s a shame because it´s like Madden or NBA. It´s not like there are 5-10 alternatives out there, there´s only Gran Turismo doing Gran Turismo on Playstation, which is why is so bad and frustrating to realise that they are clueless in some design choices.

Every gamer can understand technichal limitations, budget limitations and. It´s very hard to grasp idiotic game design choices.

Top Bottom