• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

paskowitz

Course Maker next month?

untitled-1j8sis.gif

Says who?

ruttyboy

Calling it now, release date announced of 'mid-August', then we never see it again. Won't be the first time Red Bull have shown stuff that never appeared.

Ding-Ding

Calling it now, release date announced of 'mid-August', then we never see it again. Won't be the first time Red Bull have shown stuff that never appeared.

This time its backed by pics from GT6.

Really wouldn't surprise me if the track was included tomorrow but witheld, then unlocked this weekend via a Ninja update, which coincides with the F1 circus returning to the track

lawndart

Neo Member

Yeah, I remember the Pike's Peak Slip... That never really materialized... But those screenshots of the A are definitely GT...

ruttyboy

This time its backed by pics from GT6.

Really wouldn't surprise me if the track was included tomorrow but witheld, then unlocked this weekend via a Ninja update, which coincides with the F1 circus returning to the track

They missed the anniversary of Senna's death by what, a month? I'd be AMAZED if it's released in time for the F1. I'd also be very happy of course, but I just can't see it happening.

Edit: And never mind photos, we saw a damn video of that track earlier in the year (forgotten the name) and still nothing on that.

IISANDERII

I remember that track from the late 90's/early 00's. Great little circuit. Glad that Redbull have financed its return but they could've been a tad more subtle about it.

TTG

So, was the AI improved recently? To define recently, I should mention that I fired GT6 up for the first time in a while, got the GT academy and Senna content out of the way and went on to try the new Suzuka seasonal. The race was a bit startling. One, the AI would take huge risks to try and pass me(as well as each other I suppose). My first reaction was that something must have hitched on that particular track and set of cars, like the formula GT championship in GT5 if some of the old timers remember that, but no! I quickly spotted a Zonda braking way too late trying to get around me in a corner, subsequent tries revealed this would happen in multiple corners and it wouldn't always result in abject failure. Two, I took that stupid over matched Acura NSX concept out first, got myself into third behind a Hyura and waited for the egregious rubber band effect to kick in. To those who don't know, it used to be that the car immediately ahead would experience a precipitous drop in speed, making it possible to catch up quickly in vastly inferior cars... not anymore. I noticed my gap did not decrease appreciably and my lap times were consistent.

Good signs both, but maybe I'm imagining things?

PS: Is the Mitsubishi vision GT car worth a mil? I missed the seasonal.

benzy

Update 1.09 is out, 598MB.

Red Bull Ring is included. Sweet, free DLC tracks!

Details and trailer here: http://www.redbull.com/en/games/sto...clusive-video-red-bull-ring-in-gran-turismo-6

So, was the AI improved recently? To define recently, I should mention that I fired GT6 up for the first time in a while, got the GT academy and Senna content out of the way and went on to try the new Suzuka seasonal. The race was a bit startling. One, the AI would take huge risks to try and pass me(as well as each other I suppose). My first reaction was that something must have hitched on that particular track and set of cars, like the formula GT championship in GT5 if some of the old timers remember that, but no! I quickly spotted a Zonda braking way too late trying to get around me in a corner, subsequent tries revealed this would happen in multiple corners and it wouldn't always result in abject failure. Two, I took that stupid over matched Acura NSX concept out first, got myself into third behind a Hyura and waited for the egregious rubber band effect to kick in. To those who don't know, it used to be that the car immediately ahead would experience a precipitous drop in speed, making it possible to catch up quickly in vastly inferior cars... not anymore. I noticed my gap did not decrease appreciably and my lap times were consistent.

PS: Is the Mitsubishi vision GT car worth a mil? I missed the seasonal.

Not sure about the A.i, but the I'd save the 1 million tokens for another car.

During the last seasonal event on Willow Springs I noticed one driver went off track without my influence. After restarting the race he didn't, so it wasn't some fixed behaviour.
Now this isn't a novelty to GT6, but in my experience it only happens rarely, at least in the career mode races. Could have been a coincidence, or maybe they tweaked the AI settings a little for the seasonal events.

TTG

Odd additions, a more traditional pack with something like the 458 special and nismo GTR would have made too much sense I suppose. I'll take the Toyota anyway.

EDIT: "- A [Reset to Default] option that returns the car to its showroom condition has been added under [Car Settings]." *nods approvingly*

Mascot

I can't say whether it's improved recently, but it seems a big step up from GT5. Still plenty of room for improvement, but much, much better.

ruttyboy

Plenty of people on GTP were reporting that the AI had massively changed with the introduction of the first race format seasonals.

Ted

I've been way too knackered to get the wheel out and play for the last couple of weeks (controller and GTAV is scratching the gaming itch) but I'm looking forward to my schedule calming a little in a couple of weeks and being able to get back into it.

I don't suppose they snuck shuffle back in did they?

Rutty, we'll have to get a lobby on the go sometime soon, I've missed racing online (particularly with folk with a good turn of pace and decent sportmanship like yourself). And that invite is of course extended to anyone else GAF'ish.

Just bought this today since it was only 20 euro's and I figured why not since I was rebuying a PS3 to play Demon's Souls.

Wanted to play it tonight but it's still downloading about 6 or 8 gigs worth of patches. I mean wtf?

Night over. Off to bed.

MGR

First decent content update since the game launched over 6 months ago. New cars are welcome I guess but there's already 1,200 of them. New tracks are looonnnnggg overdue.

Why is Red Bull Ring not variable time of day though? It was in the trailer:

CqCEzBg.png

Qouh7IV.png

'Reset to default' - FINALLY!

Wasted 30 mins last night because I joined a one-make room (Red Bull Ring / untuned Senna F3) and my car was 8pp short (hadn't done an oil change).

Leave lobby.
Wait for lobby list to repopulate.
Leave lobby list.
Nav to service icon / select oil change / confirm / confirm
Wait for stupid confirmation jingle to play out.
Exit service icon
Enter lobby list
Wait
Filter by friends
Enter lobby
Wait.
Qualifying session has already started.
Can't enter race once qualifying has started.
FFS :/

Mascot

Why is Red Bull Ring not variable time of day though? It was in the trailer:

Yeah, I wondered this too.

Man, the Madrid track was a horrible choice for the seasonal with the GTI concept: an understeery rocket with hardly any brakes on a circuit constructed entirely from long straights and hairpins. I dunno, maybe that was the point, but it wasn't a fun way to test a new car. I would have thought they'd have used the Red Bull Ring for this seasonal though, seeing how it launched on the same day and seems far more suited for the GTI's driving style. I guess that would have made far too much sense.

ruttyboy

Ever wonder why it takes PD forever to do stuff? I think that blog has the answer, they assigned four people to build a flat pack table. That's one per leg...

IMG_8177-e1403103183715.jpg

amar212

MGR

So... Kaz just tweeted the so-called "Pit Stop" http://pitstop.gran-turismo.com/

Looks like that is where we'll be getting those answers to the feedback questions.

Regarding Engine Sounds of Gran Turismo:

Regarding Engine Sounds of Gran Turismo: (Part.2)

The question posted was 'when can we expect the sound update?' that was alluded to by Kaz prior to the launch of GT6. So far we have two blog entries which can be shortened to "recording sounds is hard, yo"

The question so far has been dodged as expected.

Angst

I've downloaded the update and now the in-game updater says it'll be finished in approximately 180 minutes. Seems a tad long... I haven't fired up the game in quite a while, so I suspect it's installing several updates.

Mascot

I've downloaded the update and now the in-game updater says it'll be finished in approximately 180 minutes. Seems a tad long... I haven't fired up the game in quite a while, so I suspect it's installing several updates.
I had all seven updates to do when I bought the game a few weeks ago. Crazy way of doing things...

sCHOCOLATE

The question posted was 'when can we expect the sound update?' that was alluded to by Kaz prior to the launch of GT6. So far we have two blog entries which can be shortened to "recording sounds is hard, yo"

The question so far has been dodged as expected.
It's unfortunate that Kaz's response is being drawn out over multiple blog posts. Every version of Forza Motorsport has had high quality sound recordings. There's no excuse for GT6 to go without. Agree on the manner of his response. Duck, parry, roll, dodge...

sCHOCOLATE

For my experience, the most recent update initially reported 80 minutes, but after 10 minutes, the timer reduced to 30 minutes and continued to reduce in bulk increments until it reached five minutes remaining. Total install time ended up being around 25 minutes or so.

Top Bottom