• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

It was never only me, come on. However, in the past years, especially after the Fukushima incident and all things that fell on the Polyphony's shoulders, we all stopped acting as flamboyant insiders and started being more humble and closed to information we get.

I can't speak about Jordan and Andrew, but I personally decided not to tell everything I know as I was doing before.

Sorry for that, but it is all because of massive respect I have for PD and Kazunori's hard work to make impossible possible.

No, I appreciate and respect you for withholding info.

Jordan in particular has worked up a relationship with PD in recent years. He was even featured in Kaz's documentary.

Thats nice to hear. I've always wondered. There was talks quite some time ago that the requests section (tracks, features, cars etc) was being monitored by PD. Is this true?

My observation is whatever relationship that existed no longer does, at least on the same level. Updates 1.1 thru say 1.13 had plenty of "insider" speculation including some clever "put the bold type letters together" to form a word for a clue to the content. I don't see that anymore. GTP has fallen out of favor with PD imo.

I don't think thats the case. PD hve clearly moved to GT7. Any insider info will therefore most likely be about GT7, an unannounced game. I don't think they want to leak such info out, and like Amar said, will let PD reveal when its ready.

Maintenance on the 30th

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_1138576.html

Could be something or nothing as they have done maintenance before where they didn't update with anything.

@JaydenBranchJZA Sep 26

@thegranturismo I'm wondering when the new update releases.

@JaydenBranchJZA We'll have info to share very soon!

Course Maker day has finally come

29-married-with-child35z9z.gif

benzy

It was never only me, come on. However, in the past years, especially after the Fukushima incident and all things that fell on the Polyphony's shoulders, we all stopped acting as flamboyant insiders and started being more humble and closed to information we get.

I can't speak about Jordan and Andrew, but I personally decided not to tell everything I know as I was doing before.

Sorry for that, but it is all because of massive respect I have for PD and Kazunori's hard work to make impossible possible.

l46b.gif

Impossible possible. Hmmmmmmm.

Thats nice to hear. I've always wondered. There was talks quite some time ago that the requests section (tracks, features, cars etc) was being monitored by PD. Is this true?

It's true although updates are slow because most of it would be related to GT7. It's the same reason why I think that the Pit Stop updates are so slow. Anything they'd talk about would be about something they haven't actually announced yet. Things will hopefully change a lot once they finally announce GT7 and can talk about it and its improvements freely.

Pophead

As I post this, the Gran Turismo website is under maintenance.
Getting ready for that course maker tomorrow next update
hopefully

HUExUO5.gif

edit: no longer under maintenance, but it was, trust me

benzy

OMMMMGGGGGGGG

Track designers will have a fairly extensive set of tools available at their disposal, along with a lot of creative freedom to design any type of road of their choosing:

Four different locations or geography types will be available, including the familiar “Eiger” location from GT5, the Andalusia region in Spain (around which the Circuit de la Sierra is based), along with the introduction of a new “Death Valley” location.
Players will have full control of the shape and layout of the course, including the ability to set road width and the banking of corners.
Roadside items such as plants, trees, buildings, signs, tents, and grandstands can be placed around the circuit.

200_s.gif

There's a line tool, we can actually draw the shape. :O

W76b.jpg

THE:MILKMAN

Looks really cool. Unfortunately for me I don't have a PS3 anymore and will have to wait for GT7.

I will make sure my 8 year old nephew updates his copy of GT6 so I can check it out next time I'm round.

benzy

Looks really cool. Unfortunately for me I don't have a PS3 anymore and will have to wait for GT7.

I will make sure my 8 year old nephew updates his copy of GT6 so I can check it out next time I'm round.

Hopefully they don't take 2 years to include it after GT7's release. :p

ruttyboy

HOLY SHIT!

I stopped bothering to update my GT6 as it didn't seem worth it, better turn it on and see just how much I have to download tonight in preperation.

I'm guessing as that article doesn't mention it that the GPS part is still not there though? Hopefully that is also on the way as that's the part I was looking forward to the most.

I will never have the free time to update my GT6. And if it will truly only be for Apple devices, I wouldn't be able to use it anyway. Classic PD.

Edit. It is for Android, my mistake

While this is good news for the GT6 die-hards as a nexo gen owner this is linda bittersweet, all this time and you just get free draw, GPS nowhere to be seen... I don't know, too little and way way WAY too late.

It's a thing of beauty... somebody hold me

RAJQouJ.gif

What's this screen?

d86b.jpg

100km x 100km area, but you can only select a smaller region within that has a different look, like flat and mountain pass areas?

RAJQouJ.gif

What's this screen?

d86b.jpg

100km x 100km area, but you can only select a smaller region within?

That makes some sense. You need horizons in 360°. I'm pretty sure it's not like Minecraft where it generates endless amount of area. If you're on the edge of the map making your track, some of the directions you look would just be blank.

Watevaman

RAJQouJ.gif

What's this screen?

d86b.jpg

100km x 100km area, but you can only select a smaller region within that has a different look, like flat and mountain pass areas?

I'm pretty sure it's just for topography, yeah. I imagine that while you can recreate the layout of real tracks, the landscape factor will be hard to reproduce, such as The Mountain at Cadwell Park.

What's this screen?
d86b.jpg

Mk

Could be.. the gt5 one was similar I think in that your start straights were randomly picked from a number of fixed options, I guess the line means start direction.

Pophead

Guys, I think we are getting new tracks based on those course maker locations (apart from Sierra)
8B6q11c.png

'The app also has sample tracks which can be accessed in Gran Turismo 6's gallery tracks, free run and arcade mode'

Top Bottom