• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

I just randomly booted up gt6 for the first time in a long time and decided to search around about the update while in progress. Holy. Fucking. Shit. They actually released it! I haven't read anything about it yet but I'm in shock.

Edit, ok a little more reserved after reading through some posts. I don't have a tablet so yeah, oh well. I never expected it anyway.

It works with Bluestacks just fine atleast for me.

benzy

Oh man. Benzy you are awesome! I tried to look for one with dimensions but couldn't find one. However, I think I gave you the wrong track config though. It's actually this one I'm thinking about

rfrcourseA1187377359.gif

I'm just imaging so many other tracks. I'm drooling here. Thunderhill, Miller Motorsports, Circuit of the Americas...:drool

Realized it was a desert track so I made it in Death Valley, which doesn't let you trace over images so I had to go by eye anyway. You can download it here.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/user/#!/friend/vspectra06/course/

KillerAJD

Oh man. Benzy you are awesome! I tried to look for one with dimensions but couldn't find one. However, I think I gave you the wrong track config though. It's actually this one I'm thinking about

rfrcourseA1187377359.gif

I'm just imaging so many other tracks. I'm drooling here. Thunderhill, Miller Motorsports, Circuit of the Americas...:drool

Haha, sweet. I was going to try making RFR when my copy of GT6 shows up. I actually made one of the configs for rFactor awhile back, so I'd like to see what I could do in this.

p3n

Now if only you could actually go off track in the death valley setting...the invisible curb-wall is annoying.

Wax you got it working?

It works.

Visually, Death Valley is the best looking theme right now.

After quick testing I would say that Death Valley is the best setting to make tracks also, I don't know about the actual track but your version sure is exciting (and I don't even have a DS3, only SixAxis). I really like how the Valley tracks have small bumps and aren't flat, keeps it interesting.

Niks

So now that it is finally out, can we know the reason for the 2 year delay?

Also, not being able to put in chicanes or right angle turns is disappointing. (add it to the list)

Kaze13

Haha, sweet. I was going to try making RFR when my copy of GT6 shows up. I actually made one of the configs for rFactor awhile back, so I'd like to see what I could do in this.

Wait, how do you know of RFR? It’s very likely that you are from NV or Norcal. Are you?

KillerAJD

Wait, how do you know of RFR? It’s very likely that you are from NV or Norcal. Are you?

Haha, yeah. I lived in Silver Springs for most of my life growing up, which is "right down the road" from RFR. I used to go to the dirt track races all the time because my dad raced (we're actually visiting this weekend and will probably go watch the last race of the season), but I never got a chance to check out the road course. I do live in NorCal now though :)

benzy

After quick testing I would say that Death Valley is the best setting to make tracks also, I don't know about the actual track but your version sure is exciting (and I don't even have a DS3, only SixAxis). I really like how the Valley tracks have small bumps and aren't flat, keeps it interesting.

Yeah, there's quite a bit of bumps and elevation changes on it. Shame we can't superimpose a real image to trace track layouts with it. Death Valley looks less like a course creator track while the other themes tend to be pretty barren looking and very obviously created from the track maker.

Now if only you could actually go off track in the death valley setting...the invisible curb-wall is annoying.

Agreed, or at least move the invisible walls further out instead of right at the edge of the road. Making it like Willow Springs so we can drive off course in the open would be awesome.

Yiazmat

Here's some real tracks that I found from multiple users (not sure how accurate they are tho):

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/user/#!/friend/Farushi/course/

Donington Park
Road Atlanta
Singapore Circuit
Shanghai
Interlagos (Old and New)
Okayama
Watkins Glen
Park Zandvoort
Talladega Superspeedway
Cadwell Park
Oscar y Juan Gálvez
Sebring
Gilles Villeneuve
Mosport Park
Adelaide Street Circuit
Autodromo do Estoril
Sportsland SUGO
Road America
Albert Park
Sonoma Raceway
Hockenheimring

I also ran into Imola, Paul Ricard and Magny Cours in the open lobby, but it was before I knew you could save them just with the psnID. :/

benzy

Here's some real tracks that I found from multiple users (not sure how accurate they are tho):

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/user/#!/friend/Farushi/course/

Donington Park
Road Atlanta
Singapore Circuit
Shanghai
Interlagos (Old and New)
Okayama
Watkins Glen
Park Zandvoort
Talladega Superspeedway
Cadwell Park
Oscar y Juan Gálvez
Sebring
Gilles Villeneuve
Mosport Park
Adelaide Street Circuit
Autodromo do Estoril
Sportsland SUGO
Road America
Albert Park
Sonoma Raceway
Hockenheimring

I also ran into Imola, Paul Ricard and Magny Cours in the open lobby, but it was before I knew you could save them just with the psnID. :/

Thanks. There's some more real-world tracks here as well, including Pikes Peak.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/friend/BOMBCAT_097/course/

Wonder if PD is working on a terrain editor so we can customize elevations for GT7. With that and a more in-depth prop placement with more props like actual buildings, it'll be pretty much perfect.

Kaze13

Haha, yeah. I lived in Silver Springs for most of my life growing up, which is "right down the road" from RFR. I used to go to the dirt track races all the time because my dad raced (we're actually visiting this weekend and will probably go watch the last race of the season), but I never got a chance to check out the road course. I do live in NorCal now though :)

Nice! A (kind of) local gaffer! I used to race my bike there all the time! So fun. Bumpy, but fun.

Yeah, there's quite a bit of bumps and elevation changes on it. Shame we can't superimpose a real image to trace track layouts with it. Death Valley looks less like a course creator track while the other themes tend to be pretty barren looking and very obviously created from the track maker.

Agreed, or at least move the invisible walls further out instead of right at the edge of the road. Making it like Willow Springs so we can drive off course in the open would be awesome.

Feedback time! I do like the config and it is exciting to drive around so let's keep that. However, can I ask for one more version of it? Here is the next variation,

img_track_reno_fernley_raceway.png

A few notes:
Most of the track is actually flat. However,

Turn 5 has a harsh uphill at the start of the bend. It levels off at turn 8

Turn 15 exits downhill and connects to the bowl which is positive camber and then goes further downhill til the last turn.

This is my last request today lol. Thanks again man!

benzy

Feedback time! I do like the config and it is exciting to drive around so let's keep that. However, can I ask for one more version of it? Here is the next variation,

http://www.keigwin.com/images/img_track_reno_fernley_raceway.png

A few notes:
Most of the track is actually flat. However,

Turn 5 has a harsh uphill at the start of the bend. It levels off at turn 8

Turn 15 exits downhill and connects to the bowl which is positive camber and then goes further downhill til the last turn.

This is my last request today lol. Thanks again man!

I'll make that in Eifel Flat this time since you can actually just trace the real map with this theme. It's a bit hard to do harsh turns since you're only equipped with a limited curve line and you end up with errors if you make the curve to angular.

benzy

The novelty of this editor wears off pretty quick once you realise all of it's short falls.

Even with the limitations it's still pretty awesome. You can place more anchors closer together and adjust them to create bumpy road surfaces and even overcrests for jumps.

New track

qF6b.jpg

mF6b.jpg

lF6b.jpg

nF6b.jpg

The novelty of this editor wears off pretty quick once you realise all of it's short falls.

Nailed it - two fucking years for this rubbish? I don't think I'll ever use it again, it's too fiddly and limited. They should have just added line manipulation tools to the GT5 Course Maker and have done with it.

My wait for Course Maker continues.

Mascot

Nailed it - two fucking years for this rubbish? I don't think I'll ever use it again, it's too fiddly and limited. They should have just added line manipulation tools to the GT5 Course Maker and have done with it.

My wait for Course Maker continues.

I haven't actually tried it yet aaaaaaand... I don't think I'll bother now.

Niks

Sadly I agree.
Bigger and better games have been developed in 2 years. Classic case of PD overpromising and underdelivering. They barely improved on the GT5 version...

Shame really.

Mascot

Sadly I agree.
Bigger and better games have been developed in 2 years. Classic case of PD overpromising and underdelivering. They barely improved on the GT5 version...

Shame really.

And it fills me with dread wondering just what kind of product GT7 will be. PD seem to be slipping into meme territory and Kaz is a nutter.

Niks

GT7 will probably be a lot like GT5/6.
The highs will be mind-boggling, and the lows will also be mind-boggling.

paskowitz

GT7 will probably be a lot like GT5/6.
The highs will be mind-boggling, and the lows will also be mind-boggling.

I actually think it will be more like GT3 to GT4. Essentially the same as the previous game, just with a lot more stuff to do.

I think the biggest disappointments will continue to be the Japanese/Nissan biased car list, sounds (they just hired the T10 guy), collision physics and the soulless career mode (issues that have persisted since GT1). However, this will be made up by the course creator paired with a race creator (basically MP level controls for SP). Graphics will obviously be mind blowing but given the already high level of GT6 and the complexity of rain and dynamic lighting, I don't expect a massive leap.

While I am at it... Wish/Prediction list:
- Course maker utilized to make random rally stages for career mode
- Track deformation on FIA spec tracks to demonstrate "safety"
- Dynamic track surface (surface material, rubber layer, debris layer, temp and moisture)
- Dynamic weather and time of day return... but again, not for all tracks (mostly old ones that didn't have it in GT5 or GT6)
- Outside of IoM TT and Pikes Peak, all new real tracks will be FIA tracks (COTA, Shanghai, etc)
- Pebble Beach photomode location
- Photomode can export 4K res images
- Photomode works with PSVR (export to 360 image format)
- Some classic tracks will be missing and saved for DLC
- Lots of DLC content for course maker ($5 for 3D trees pack :p)
- License system now includes FIA stuff
- Actual laptime leaderboards (Closed, no modifications and open, race what you bring)
- Still no livery editor (only decals for race cars)
- Still no Porsche, but more RUF
- Lots of GT3 cars
- PSVR support (outside of photomode) to be added after launch (limited scenarios... full grid + weather + night + PSVR = not going to happen)

benzy

Guess I'm the only one fine with the course maker, lmao. My biggest gripe is we can't use the tracks offline, they need to fix that shit. I wasn't even expecting being able to freely draw the tracks, more of just choosing preset parts like various curves/turns, straights, and connecting them like toy train tracks. There's quite a bit more freedom in this compared to the auto-generator in GT5 which wouldn't even let you do point-to-point courses. All they need to do now is give us a terrain editor, and let us adjust the road width and banking for each individual road/turn, and choose road surface type.

Kaze13

Guess I'm the only one fine with the course maker, lmao. My biggest gripe is we can't use the tracks offline, they need to fix that shit. I wasn't even expecting being able to freely draw the tracks, more of just choosing preset parts like various curves/turns, straights, and connecting them like toy train tracks. There's quite a bit more freedom in this compared to the auto-generator in GT5 which wouldn't even let you do point-to-point courses. All they need to do now is give us a terrain editor, and let us adjust the road width and banking for each individual road/turn, and choose road surface type.

I don't get the hate. I am enjoying it and while it is extremely late, it has given gt6 something like a second wind for me.

Mobius 1

I think it's fantastic, given the constraints PD have to work with it. I may be painted as a fanboy for saying this, but I'm disappointed at the cynicism I see around the web directed at their efforts.

I'm bummed it didn't include an in-game method like 5 did, but I can't complain about how easy it is to get other people's creations. I'm probably better of just using what's out there.

benzy

I don't get the hate. I am enjoying it and while it is extremely late, it has given gt6 something like a second wind for me.

Have you tried it on PC?

I've finished RFR Course C if you still don't have it.

fJ6b.png

I think it's fantastic, given the constraints PD have to work with it. I may be painted as a fanboy for saying this, but I'm disappointed at the cynicism I see around the web directed at their efforts.

I'm finding it pretty addicting to make courses. You can just do it while you're watching TV or something.

Why can't the PS3 do what the app is doing? With track importer selected the debugger says total memory usage is 90.1 MB with 119.9 MB available.

What's the app using when running on tablets? Polyphony have wronged us, I'm disgusted, this isn't the Course Maker I had hoped and dreamed for. The GPS function is a complete joke.

Kaze13

Have you tried it on PC?

I've finished RFR Course C if you still don't have it.

fJ6b.png

I'm finding it pretty addicting to make courses. You can just do it while you're watching TV or something.

Fucking awesome! I drove that using memory alone and it was great! It got quite a few sections just right. The Eifel setting throws it off quite a bit since the Desert one looks exactly like the damn track lol. Thanks man. I'll try it on my Mac if it allows it.

Error1355

I'm super glad to hear the track editor finally came out, but I think the ship has long sailed for me on this. My PS3 hasn't been turned on in around a year. Sorta makes me sad. >_>

Niks

banana_split.gif

Lets say you like banana splits.
Your favorite restaurant announces it will have a banana split on its menu. Excited by the news, you go to the restaurant to try the new banana split. You look at the menu picture of the banana split, and it looks glorious. You order the banana split.... After 30 minutes of waiting, you start to wonder what happened to the banana split... oh well, you think, "the wait must be worth it. It should be pretty special". While sitting waiting for the banana split, you hear that the same restaurant chain has opened a new location, with fancier seats and in a fancier location, it seems pretty popular these days.. You wonder if they serve a banana split in that new branch... After 1 hour of waiting, and about to leave, your banana split arrives! You dig in as soon as it arrives.. and it tastes good!.. but almost instantly you start to notice things. Hmm... "I swear the menu picture showed 3 scoops of ice-cream, and the bananas themselves seems kinda short.." After a while you finish the banana split. You then think, "Im not sure if the banana split was worth all the wait... I mean, the taste itself was not bad you know?... but it was nothing special either."

As you exit the restaurant, you cant help but think... "I wonder when will the new restaurant location get a banana split..."

Jilt

banana_split.gif

Lets say you like banana splits.
Your favorite restaurant announces it will have a banana split on its menu. Excited by the news, you go to the restaurant to try the new banana split. You look at the menu picture of the banana split, and it looks glorious. You order the banana split.... After 30 minutes of waiting, you start to wonder what happened to the banana split... oh well, you think, "the wait must be worth it. It should be pretty special". While sitting waiting for the banana split, you hear that the same restaurant chain has opened a new location, with fancier seats and in a fancier location, it seems pretty popular these days.. You wonder if they serve a banana split in that new branch... After 1 hour of waiting, and about to leave, your banana split arrives! You dig in as soon as it arrives.. and it tastes good!.. but almost instantly you start to notice things. Hmm... "I swear the menu picture showed 3 scoops of ice-cream, and the bananas themselves seems kinda short.." After a while you finish the banana split. You then think, "Im not sure if the banana split was worth all the wait... I mean, the taste itself was not bad you know?... but it was nothing special either."

As you exit the restaurant, you cant help but think... "I wonder when will the new restaurant location get a banana split..."

LOL, great metafore!
I'm done with bananasplits and went for the main course......

GT6 on PS4 confirmed.

ps4gtduuym.jpg

Gimme dat GT6 aka GT Sport with a proper in game Course Maker + this track path companion app banderas.gif

Track Path also mentions SpeedTree, does GT6 use that on PS3?

Jedi2016

Well, we know Polyphony's development cycle.. since GT7 is at least three or four years away, they might as well give us GT6 HD remaster to tide us over.

THE:MILKMAN

Well, we know Polyphony's development cycle.. since GT7 is at least three or four years away, they might as well give us GT6 HD remaster to tide us over.

Well given that it is almost certainly going to be revealed this year (given the subtle clue by Jordan) what makes you think we'll have to wait 3-4 years for release?

THE:MILKMAN

I said so in the first sentence... because it's Polyphony.

Isn't it a bit unfair to take one of their games (GT5) being long in dev/delayed not helped by the hardware and apply that across the board? Plus they released Tourist Trophy, GT HD, GT5:p and GT PSP between GT4 and 5.

If it does get revealed this year then there is no way it will be 3-4 years till release.

Top Bottom