• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

benzy

Made one.

bA6b.png

It states in the update notes that certain car sounds have been updated as well. Which ones?

They never tell you which ones specifically. But it's usually safe to head to the bigger named cars, or if you want to wait just give it a few hours after release and people on GTplanet will start to figure out which ones it is and then you can go buy them.

Mobius 1

Patch is up. 185MB.

KML, GPX files and images can only be used on the Eifel Flat environment, probably due to topography limitations.

You have to test drive the track before being able to save and share it.

I only looked at car list, there's no trace of the Bugatti there and there's no model to load for the Hyundai

So Wax, old friend, are you finally happy? :)

No, my device is not compatible, lol
:( I'm stuck with the four sample tracks in the gallery for now.

I see they've attempted a new wet surface look.

Yiazmat

They didn't even bother creating a place where you can search everyone's tracks. You have to add someone as a friend if you want to save their track.

I hope they get sued again for this mess.

giphy.gif

Yiazmat

- No ingame option
- Only for tablets
- Can't search tracks
- Can only download friend's tracks
- Needs to be online to use the tracks
- No elevation controls
- Only 4 themes
- No rally or snow
- Max length 10 km
- 2 years delay

PKQmk.jpg

ruttyboy

- No ingame option
- Only for tablets
- Can't search tracks
- No elevation controls
- Only 4 themes
- No rally or snow
- Max length 10 km
- 2 years delay

Although it's hard to disagree that it doesn't quite live up to the expectation, it isn't nearly as half-arsed as I assumed it would be (if it came at all). I don't know whether that's comforting or tragic.

Is there a guide anywhere to using it with GPS?

Mascot

So fucking glad I recently trusted my gut and upgraded my Fanatec GT2 to a CSR Elite to keep that all-important back-compat with GT6.

I also have a Galaxy Tab lying around that I turned on once and never used again.

Now to find the strength to smash through that psychological barrier of returning to prev-gen...

Niks

- No ingame option
- Only for tablets
- Can't search tracks
- No elevation controls
- Only 4 themes
- No rally or snow
- Max length 10 km
- 2 years delay

PKQmk.jpg

Not being able to search tracks is truly baffling.. common PD that's just common sense...
The optimist in me (wax free syndrome?) hopes this will be updated regularly.

Now to find the strength to smash through that psychological barrier of returning to prev-gen...

Yeah, fired the PS3 yesterday and the DS3 feels like a piece of shit.

magawolaz

- Can't search tracks
These are my biggest complaints. I don't mind this app being tied to tablet, but with the new Community features I was honestly expecting to see something ala LittleBigPlanet (no, seriously): search function, tags, leaderboards...

I can't imagine this being hard to implement.

ruttyboy

These are my biggest complaints. I don't mind this app being tied to tablet, but with the new Community features I was honestly expecting to see something ala LittleBigPlanet (no, seriously): search function, tags, leaderboards...

I can't imagine this being hard to implement.

I'm thinking it's to get around copyright problems.

managed to snag a galaxay tab 2 and the app is not available in my country according to the play store - lol, what an absolute disaster. if gt sport doesn't have a full fat in game course maker i'm done with gt. i would have preferred gt5 course maker with the missing themes over this.

granturismo6_76xjubd.png

granturismo6_77c9u2l.png

granturismo6_81vwu45.png

granturismo6_74rxujz.png

granturismo6_82lnus5.png

the new wet surface looks good

granturismo6_7388p2c.png

granturismo6_83a5orb.png

Niks

managed to snag a galaxay tab 2 and the app is not available in my country according to the play store - lol, what an absolute disaster. if gt sport doesn't have a full fat in game course maker i'm done with gt. i would have preferred gt5 course maker with the missing themes over this.

Galaxy tab is an android device. AFAIK the app is only available on apple tablets.

Goldrusher

Galaxy tab is an android device. AFAIK the app is only available on apple tablets.
Android as well.

Track data can now be created by using a special app for tablets with Android™ (4.1 or later) or iOS (7.0 or later).

[...]

The "GT6 Track Path Editor" app is now available on "Google Play" and the "App Store" for free.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_3209673.html

And the Google store link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.polyphony.GTCourseMaker

prarts

Installed it on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 (T530), then pulled files back into .apk. Then installed and tested it with european variant of Xperia Z2 (it wasn`t available for Z2 straight from Google Play Store). Everything works - from tutorial to upload, my PS3 recieved track in an instant.
Enjoy:
Track Path Editor_1.0.0.apk - 38.65 MB

Yiazmat

In the Andalucia theme they mark some areas as "forests, "mountains" and "cities". But the forests are a single row of trees, the mountains are 10 feet tall and the cities have two houses.

bmY7knI.gif

What happened to this:

iEy0qpI.jpg

Wh39R3h.jpg

benzy

In the Andalucia theme they mark some areas as "forests, "mountains" and "cities". But the forests are a single row of trees, the mountains are 10 feet tall and the cities have two houses.

bmY7knI.gif

What happened to this:

iEy0qpI.jpg

Wh39R3h.jpg

There's massive pop-in even with just the row of trees. Guess the PS3 can't handle all of those buildings.

Yiazmat

You mean the cities in the app? Dunno, lol. It'd make sense they keep it in for future cities in the GT7 version.

I mean the Ronda city thing. One of the first things they said when they announced gt6 was that you would be able to make a track from any street in Ronda. And later they showed those pictures at the Ronda launch event. Why announce it if you don't know if it will run on the hardware?

But now I see that it was just a scam all along.

p3n

Made a really nice, small track.

Did an arcade race against AI.

AI did NOT fail terribly despite some really tricky elevation changes combined with sharp S-turns.

Watching the replay and looking for the share button.......damn GT has to move to PS4 ASAP.

Kaze13

Oh man. I don't have access to this yet but can someone make Reno Fernley Raceway?!

img_track_reno_fernley_raceway.png

It has a few elevation changes but j understand that gt6 doesn't allow for that yet?

benzy

Oh man. I don't have access to this yet but can someone make Reno Fernley Raceway?!

img_track_reno_fernley_raceway.png

It has a few elevation changes but j understand that gt6 doesn't allow for that yet?

Is there a map with some dimensions? Guess I can estimate it for 3 miles.

Finally some good news, you don't need to add someone as a friend to download their tracks. Just login in the community section of the GT site, go to someone's page, click on their tracks and save.

This one has El Capitan, Tahiti and Grindelwald:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/user/#!/friend/ILLr00ckU/course/

I'd recommend the Hill Climb on that page. It's actually pretty well done. And I actually had a few goes at that Drag Course as well in the LFA just to see how many times I could shave a few seconds off my time.

dubc35

I just randomly booted up gt6 for the first time in a long time and decided to search around about the update while in progress. Holy. Fucking. Shit. They actually released it! I haven't read anything about it yet but I'm in shock.

Edit, ok a little more reserved after reading through some posts. I don't have a tablet so yeah, oh well. I never expected it anyway.

Kaze13

Is there a map with some dimensions? Guess I can estimate it for 3 miles.

Oh man. Benzy you are awesome! I tried to look for one with dimensions but couldn't find one. However, I think I gave you the wrong track config though. It's actually this one I'm thinking about

rfrcourseA1187377359.gif

I'm just imaging so many other tracks. I'm drooling here. Thunderhill, Miller Motorsports, Circuit of the Americas...:drool

Top Bottom