• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

benzy

Not even any PR game screenshots for Sport, the hell kind of reveal is this. Wonder if it was a last minute change since Jordan wasn't expecting it to show at PGW. Probably beefier info at PSX.

Mobius 1

Not even any PR game screenshots for Sport, the hell kind of reveal is this. Wonder if it was a last minute change since Jordan wasn't expecting it to show at PGW. Probably beefier info at PSX.

I think Kaz must have decided to show it now because of the significance of being in France - cradle of motorsport and home to Bugatti. If it was a proper reveal, I would have expected it to take the last spot of the keynote.

benzy

I think Kaz must have decided to show it now because of the significance of being in France - cradle of motorsport and home to Bugatti. If it was a proper reveal, I would have expected it to take the last spot of the keynote.

He's seemed really stoked to finally be able to announce it. And he finally tweeted again since almost a year ago.

flvqqnkttx.gif

So glad to see Nurburgring get the proper next-gen update.

dlpolhkliw.gif

egialyuglo.gif

benzy

Jordan said:
No. He's not scheduling any interviews at SEMA this year. It appears he has not done any interviews in Paris, either, which indicates to me that he (or Sony PR) is scaling back his exposure to the media.

vader.jpg

One thing is scalling back his presence, or the 'promises we can't keep' atittude in order to not create more background noise.

Other, completely different, is choosing to neglect the fact that the fan base is lost about what to expect from GT Sport as a game: is it the full blown car collecting extravaganza? Is it a beefier Prologue? Is it a completely new project? Who knows?

XYLYRz1.jpg

A helluva thing, updating GT6

Updates 1 and 2 out of 12 going in.

Download and install took 2 hours.

Additional, umm, install, takes 40 minutes.

dubc35

I played GT6 for the first time in a long time last night. The eifel seasonal track is mega! I assume this is a course creator track?

ty_hot

I decided to play Gran Turismo for PSP again now that I found my charger (been missing for around 4 years). Graphics are awesome, it is like you have your PS2 on your pocket. Great tracks and cars. But omg, what a shit game it is. I played around 2 hours and completed all challenges, now I have basically nothing more to reach, just race random races with the only 3 other cars. And wtf is this that it only saves the game in the main menu. I've turned off my PSP twice without saving, that makes me really angry. Still, great job graphics and gameplay wise.

Regarding Gran Turismo Sport, the best theory I read about is that it is racing game focused on racing cars only (FIA support), focused on online play, but with just a small selection of cars. This way they could deliver a GT quickier so that the fans enjoy it and GT 7 can come after 2 years from now, with everything it should (hundreds of cars, interiors, great online etc). Basically GT Sport would be a GT Prologue but they would make it seems like a 'different type' of GT so that people couldn't say 'it is not a full GT' when actually it is just the Prologue to prepare for the GT7. Also, development costs are huge for a game like GT, so having GTSports in the stores for more than one year for sure helps GT7 development.

GT PSP has the best AI out of all GT games.

GT6 has the worst - how does that happen? GT Sport will be a disaster if this area doesn't receive some loving attention.

Omaer

Banned
Well 2 nights ago I updated my 1.0 GT6 to 1.21 took me from like after 8' o clock till about 4 in the morning.

I was playing last night although it is smoother, has more races, & A-Spec/B-Spec are merged (which is great), but tbf to me it feels like the fully patched version of GT5. Also the main screen of GT5 is just so much better than GT6. I can understand if they removed it to make loading times faster. I just wish they had some one big feature that made GT6 truly stand out from GT5 & be a standalone.

For now GT6 = GT5 the definitive edition.

I just hope the jump from GT6 to GT7 is just like GT3 to GT4.

I decided to play Gran Turismo for PSP again now that I found my charger (been missing for around 4 years). Graphics are awesome, it is like you have your PS2 on your pocket. Great tracks and cars. But omg, what a shit game it is. I played around 2 hours and completed all challenges, now I have basically nothing more to reach, just race random races with the only 3 other cars. And wtf is this that it only saves the game in the main menu. I've turned off my PSP twice without saving, that makes me really angry. Still, great job graphics and gameplay wise.

Regarding Gran Turismo Sport, the best theory I read about is that it is racing game focused on racing cars only (FIA support), focused on online play, but with just a small selection of cars. This way they could deliver a GT quickier so that the fans enjoy it and GT 7 can come after 2 years from now, with everything it should (hundreds of cars, interiors, great online etc). Basically GT Sport would be a GT Prologue but they would make it seems like a 'different type' of GT so that people couldn't say 'it is not a full GT' when actually it is just the Prologue to prepare for the GT7. Also, development costs are huge for a game like GT, so having GTSports in the stores for more than one year for sure helps GT7 development.

Yup exactly. Spot on. I couldn't have put it better myself. But for ones who don't have a PS4 already. Buying a PS4 & a psn subscription just for one game is just too much. As it stands now there are no games on the PS4 that I really want. Some are coming out like GTS & TLG. But as of now it's meh.

Niks

1973 Datsun 240Z FuguZ

Cool, this car won.
Turns out it belongs to Sung Kang, (Han from Fast&Furious series).
Hopefully this means we will also get the stock version of the car too as the 240Z is an iconic car.

Laws00

Polyphony can't even keep up with modeling all the relevant modern cars or upgrading the classic standard ones and you guys want them to start adding bikes as well?

Yt6ldM7.gif

This. The rate Turn 10 Studios is making these games by the time GT7 comes out Forza 8 hell maybe even 9 might be coming out by then

Hyundai for Christmas or not at all is my guess. I will check later to see if they've added the car info.

Added to car list:

2020 Vision Gran Turismo
S-FR '15

These two were playable at Tokyo Motor Show? Must be left overs, there's nothing else for them or the Hyundai VGT.

GT6 is dead.

R.I.P

benzy

Someone at GTplanet messaged the GT official facebook page for some info. Could be something, could be nothing, but it makes sense all things considered. I think they're basically releasing something like GT3 for the new gen and wiping the slate clean (significantly cut down on the content since creating assets take the most work, no more standard assets, then build up on premium assets for GT7). But instead of calling it a full game like with GT3, they'll call it something else as it supposedly still provides the full GT experience but with less content.

UkFb.png

Someone at GTplanet messaged the GT official facebook page for some info. Could be something, could be nothing, but it makes sense all things considered. I think they're basically releasing something like GT3 for the new gen and wiping the slate clean (significantly cut down on the content since creating assets take the most work, no more standard assets, then build up on premium assets for GT7). But instead of calling it a full game like with GT3, they'll call it something else as it supposedly still provides the full GT experience but with less content.

UkFb.png

hmm. I hope there is a full priced option to go along with this cheaper version.

I guess there's always a chance the "Sport" edition will be free like the GTAcademy was. I'm sure they want maximum participation and nothing like "free" gets people to at least try it.

amar212

It is always nice to have the thread bump. To come by, say hello to dear gaffers and continue waiting on the update to GT Sport beta start.

Niks

I think Ive reached a state of Zen regarding Gran Turismo news.

I no longer worry or obsess on when new info will come out.. however if im not able to get in the beta I WILL RAGE!!!

I think Ive reached a state of Zen regarding Gran Turismo news.

I no longer worry or obsess on when new info will come out.. however if im not able to get in the beta I WILL RAGE!!!

Do you need a PS+ sub for betas?

With GT's track record it won't be worth renewing tomorrow...

A PS+ sub required to use Course Maker? Now that would make me not buy it.

GT would be dead to me.

No GT trailer for GT Sport's cover car?

bugattichironleadbrmarch2016.jpg

The beta isn't coming until E3 at the earliest because of FIA dickage.

Will GT Academy be on PS3 or PS4?

Djie

Neo Member
Do you need a PS+ sub for betas?

With GT's track record it won't be worth renewing tomorrow...

A PS+ sub required to use Course Maker? Now that would make me not buy it.

GT would be dead to me.

No GT trailer for GT Sport's cover car?

bugattichironleadbrmarch2016.jpg

The beta isn't coming until E3 at the earliest because of FIA dickage.

Will GT Academy be on PS3 or PS4?

I would be amazed if GT Academy will be on the PS3 again. If I held budget within Sony I would invest my money a PS4 version and not on a legacy platform. That is... if there will be a GT Academy.

With Darren Cox leaving and the leaving of several guys at GTA Global I would not be surprised if GT Academy is replaced by a competition in GT Sports.... And to mention sacking important and very fast GT Academy drivers from the Nismo team, this could also indicate > making room for new drivers :)

So my guess, If there will be a GT Academy it will be in GT Sports. This should be a perfect match.

benzy

Nothing much but from my facebook messages with GT.

Me:
Hi, will GT Sport have a track creator editor like the one used for GT6?

Gran Turismo:
Hi Jamal, I can put a request for that feature to be implemented in GT Sport!

Me:
Will GTS have brand new tracks not found in previous GT games, for example the Isle of Man?

Gran Turismo:
Hi Jamal, we're still defining the details but we're hoping to add new tracks to GT Sport. More info to be announced once we have all 100% confirmed!​

It is always nice to have the thread bump. To come by, say hello to dear gaffers and continue waiting on the update to GT Sport beta start.
amar, Please tell us more. they announced the fourth Forza this gen and we're still waiting for first GT's beta! :(
I really hope for more information about GTS this month. in Geneva Motor Show or PSVR conference at GDC.

Yiazmat

Me:

Gran Turismo:

Me:
Will GTS have brand new tracks not found in previous GT games, for example the Isle of Man?

Gran Turismo:
Hi Jamal, we're still defining the details but we're hoping to add new tracks to GT Sport. More info to be announced once we have all 100% confirmed!​
Can we even trust the person running that account?

8LMfOVu.gif

ask him about the photomode

bud

these answers make it sound like they have no idea, no clear vision of what to put in the game.

same goes for kaz's answers whenever he gets asked something.

Me:

Gran Turismo:

gaalbauqr.png

It's been removed to be replaced with something worse two years after release?

Ironically, Gran Turismo kept my interest up to the point of when the course creator came out. I don't know if it was the fact that it failed to meet my expectations or what, but the game became so stale for me that I haven't played it but a couple of times since then.

I have been playing Project Cars. It has taught me that it is time for Gran Turismo to cut it's bloated car list and focus on tracks and events.

Top Bottom