• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 could possibly be releasing this December

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Gran Turismo 7 and Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart could be releasing much sooner than originally thought. This would give the PS5 a much greater start than the PS4

5MYIGhk.jpg

No way GT Sport is still going strong Sony would shut off the GT Sport Server like they did Driveclub before releasing GT7 to get the max playerbase instead of having them divided between GT Sport and GT 7.

Last edited:

Freeman

Banned
I don't see why not, makes a lot of sense for Sony, get on it earlier than keep building for the rest of the gen.

I bet it's going the continuation of GTS with improved graphics and more content.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
No way. Even though I am hyped for the PS5 I have very low expectations for the first 6-12 month of a new console.
Sony has money now.... it's not 2013 PlayStation. They can buy exclusivity on any game or buy out studios or publishers if needed in an extreme.

We should be much more confident in them this generation.

In the case of GT7, they can outsource car models...

Last edited:

BRZBlue

If they're not launch, what is?

Spider-Man and Horizon?

Horizon definitely isn't launch. I'm thinking another year.

Sony has money now.... it's not 2013 PlayStation. They can buy exclusivity on any game or buy out studios or publishers if needed in an extreme.

We should be much more confident in them this generation.

In the case of GT7, they can outsource car models...

AFAIK, they use photogrammetry for car models now . They literally have a super high fidelity database of car exteriors (basically movie CG quality), and just pull a lower poly model from that. The tougher part is getting the cars to scan, and adding the materials effects, etc.

Last edited:

yurinka

I think it won't happen because they would have announced the release date.

I understand they may have skipped the date because due to covid aren't sure about possible related delays, but I think it's more likely that they will be released next year. I don't think Insomniac would release 2 games in a month, they'd prefer to spread them over time to provide enough social media and marketing attention to both. And regarding GT... it's GT, which means they take time.

BRZBlue

I think it won't happen because they would have announced the release date.

I understand they may have skipped the date because due to covid aren't sure about possible related delays, but I think it's more likely that they will be released next year. I don't think Insomniac would release 2 games in a month, they'd prefer to spread them over time to provide enough social media and marketing attention to both. And regarding GT... it's GT, which means they take time.

Its also entirely possible that they didn't announce because they didn't want the date to slip. I think we have another Sony event in August? They'll probably announce price, and if insider stuff is to be believed, show God of War, SOCOM, and give release dates I'm thinking.

cragarmi

To be honest I half expected GT7 at launch. The online portion would just be a prettier version of Sport, it could even be cross-play with GT Sport for online if they kept the frame rate limited to 60 FPS. They would only need to concentrate on ai for the campaign, new tracks, cars etc.. old cars from Sport could be updated fairly quickly I would imagine. No reason why new tracks couldn't also find their way into sport without RT etc.. However the fact that Ratchet is also dated for Dec places more doubt. The chances they have BOTH that and Spidey ready for launch? Not likely.

Hobbygaming

Yes, they will have a stacked first year or two..... they have lots of first party and 3rd party exclusives lined up.

🔥 Whew. It does go along with what Sony has been saying too. They said they're doubling down on big budget games

They also said they have more games in production than ever and exclusives are more important than ever 💪

Bryank75

Banned
To be honest I half expected GT7 at launch. The online portion would just be a prettier version of Sport, it could even be cross-play with GT Sport for online if they kept the frame rate limited to 60 FPS. They would only need to concentrate on ai for the campaign, new tracks, cars etc.. old cars from Sport could be updated fairly quickly I would imagine. No reason why new tracks couldn't also find their way into sport without RT etc.. However the fact that Ratchet is also dated for Dec places more doubt. The chances they have BOTH that and Spidey ready for launch? Not likely.
I'd be happy enough if it came in the first 6 months or so. January or February would be ideal...

Hobbygaming

I also think Spider-man and Ratchet and Clank are probably more spread out but if any studio could pull off such a crazy move, it's Insomniac Games

MrS

Banned
Not buying that it's out in December - the note on the box could easily be a placeholder based on when they anticipate the console to launch.

Gamernyc78

Banned
🔥 Whew. It does go along with what Sony has been saying too. They said they're doubling down on big budget games

They also said they have more games in production than ever and exclusives are more important than ever 💪

Thy also have been preparing for this launch season way ahead of schedule from all the info we've been getting through the years and the dev kits being around early.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

Thts my thought launch will be either Spiderman, GT or Ratchet or two of the three and that'll be my magical launch for now 😊I'd be very very happy!!!
That would be the best launch window PS has ever had with just those 3 alone, for me personally

Hobbygaming

Thy also been preparing of this launch season way ahead of schedule from all the info we've been getting through the years and the dev kits being around early.
This is true too. Sony were quiet about next gen for so long and still had great games releasing

BRZBlue

Thy also been preparing of this launch season way ahead of schedule from all the info we've been getting through the years and the dev kits being around early.
Pretty much. Seems like devs have had PS5 devkits for a while. Wasn't the devkit patent from November 2018? So at least some devs have been fooling around with them since then, and that's not counting any early work done on PC comparable setups or earlier devkits.

Hobbygaming

A numbered GT at/near launch gives me PS2 vibes. GT3 A-Spec sold the PS2 to me. Hope it turns out to be true.
Strange enough that I keep getting the vibe that Sony is trying to get back to the PS2 days were they had boatloads of games and yeah Gran Turismo 7 near launch would make me too happy

Hobbygaming

Pretty much. Seems like devs have had PS5 devkits for a while. Wasn't the devkit patent from November 2018? So at least some devs have been fooling around with them since then, and that's not counting any early work done on PC comparable setups or earlier devkits.
Yep, it was said that the 1st PS5 prototype was released by Sony to developers Nov 2018 and there was an updated SDK sent out last summer

Last edited:

BRZBlue

Yep, it was said that the 1st PS5 prototype was released by Sony

Yep, it was said that the 1st PS5 prototype was released by Sony to developers Nov 2018 and there was an updated SDK sent out last summer

Yep, and I wouldn't be surprised if 1st parties weren't already doing development on PC before that, probably with a projected specs-sheet from HQ.

Top Bottom