• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 leaked by PlayStation Brazil, could be a PS4 game

I really do wonder why people think PD can actually make GT7 on PS4.
GT6 was just basically update to GT5 with barely any new content and yet they still needed years to release GTS in state that was complete joke for fans.

GT7 is years away, if at all they will do it. They clearly reached production bottleneck and can't scale up properly as proven by GTS.

Imho they will just port GTS and update GTS for next few years. They will probably release GTS2 maybe at the end of PS5 life if not for PS6

You are overthinking it, they wont make GT7 fresh from the ground up like they did GTS. They already have 8k renders of all their cars so far but scaling it down to make it playable on PS4 and that was confirmed by Kaz.

Point is, they have the official tracks, they have 4k+ resolution cars ready to go, all they need is fantasy stages which I am sure by now a separate team was working on, for the last 3 years. GTS will be GT7s multiplayer component so they have nothing to change there. GT5 to GT6 was not a big jump at all. Neither will this be, except the resolution and 120fps (if to be believed). If you are expecting a new GT will be brand new shiny bells and whistles, you expect too much. And to be honest GTS already looks great I can only imagine proper 4K res at 60+ fps. Thats what next gen will be about for a long time. Just higher resolution and higher frame rates. Ray tracing etc bs will show up 3 years maybe into PS5 lifecycle.

ps3 to ps4 was at the time impossible to do with out re creating the whole game. if it is a ps4 game it would have been announced already as such but as of today we dont have a gt7 ps4 or 5 announcement

Why would it be announced already? Who is pushing them to announce it? If they want to do it and if it really is happening they will use it as a surprise to promote the PS5, they wont announce a year earlier...oh just to let you know this will be a PS5 game. Thats wrong marketing. The newest COD hasn't been officially announced yet either, but everyone knows its coming.

scalman

Interesting. That would be interesting to see in ps4. But like now not just before release of ps5 . On ps3 gt6 was best thing ever with it adaptive tesseletion. Bought ps4 just when pro came on , so had plenty time to play gt6 untill gts came out and on some cars it even had bad lines jaggies that gt6 didint had. So yh it would be interesting to see, but i doubt it.

Vawn

Banned
Wouldn't this contradict Sony's previous stance on having their 1st party studios work exclusively on PS5?

They never said that. They didn't promise that every PS5 first-party game will also be on PS4, but that's not saying NONE can.

Wouldn't this contradict Sony's previous stance on having their 1st party studios work exclusively on PS5?

Have they actually said that or are you going by Schrier's report that there will be PS5 exclusive games? because that doesn't mean no cross gen at all that just means some games won't be.

Dontero

Banned
You are overthinking it, they wont make GT7 fresh from the ground up like they did GTS. They already have 8k renders of all their cars so far but scaling it down to make it playable on PS4 and that was confirmed by Kaz.

Just like the ones for PS3 which were future proof to use them on next consoles down the line ? That also was confirmed by Kaz himself. Forza Devs also were claiming their autovista models (1mln poly+) were their future proofing but then next gen came and they had to put that into garbage bin.

Fact is that technology changes so much in few years that making anything future proof makes no freaking sense.

If you are expecting a new GT will be brand new shiny bells and whistles, you expect too much.

I mean, read i wrote. There won't be new GT so my expectations are basically non existent.

All of that stuff that previous GT games had is 100% possible on GTS

Just because something is possible it doesn't mean someone will do it. It is clear that Polyphony have severe production issues and they can't create content fast enough.

As i write it Forza 7 added more cars in DLC than GTS has cars all together and Forza 7 started with 700 cars not with barely 120. Moreover they have double the amount of tracks, actual mechanical tuning, body modding moreover they completely overhauled their online system and added GTS like races which are clean from rammers. And Forza devs for the first time ever they took wait for it... 3 years to make Forza 8 instead of 2 and it will be ready at release of their new consoles.

Just this comparison shows how PD is incompetent. It got to the point where Indie teams with barely any budget can produce much more content than PD. PCars2 has 200+ cars with the largest amount of tracks (even beating forza).

It used to be that PD had its defense in quality of their work but everyone game has improved while PD didn't improve at all. What is worse Sony actually had team that made better looking cars than PD and more of them to boot. And they also were complete amateurs when they created their first real car racing game. Evolution and Driveclub.

I still don't understand why they shutdown Evolution instead of PD. PD didn't even had game at the time for PS4. They should at the time transfer Gran Turismo to those guys and maybe few engineers responsible for physic engine and fire rest of japan staff or at minimum heads including Kaz.

Last edited:

scalman

If they would make both console versions then what dissapointment in it? Its good for all those ps4 users who wont be buying new console right away.
And as dev said we will get old plus new gt styles in new game. So many cars , buying cars maybe even wining cars on events . I will take new forza too for sure on pc but i would like good new gt game on console as well.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I honestly couldn't see them releasing this as a ps4 game, not with the ps5 release so close. maybe it could be released cross gen

vkbest

I really do wonder why people think PD can actually make GT7 on PS4.
GT6 was just basically update to GT5 with barely any new content and yet they still needed years to release GTS in state that was complete joke for fans.

GT7 is years away, if at all they will do it. They clearly reached production bottleneck and can't scale up properly as proven by GTS.

Imho they will just port GTS and update GTS for next few years. They will probably release GTS2 maybe at the end of PS5 life if not for PS6

Because GT Sports has been abandoned this year. Broken penalties they are not fixing, and poor updates from months.

Just like the ones for PS3 which were future proof to use them on next consoles down the line ? That also was confirmed by Kaz himself. Forza Devs also were claiming their autovista models (1mln poly+) were their future proofing but then next gen came and they had to put that into garbage bin.

Fact is that technology changes so much in few years that making anything future proof makes no freaking sense.

I mean, read i wrote. There won't be new GT so my expectations are basically non existent.

Just because something is possible it doesn't mean someone will do it. It is clear that Polyphony have severe production issues and they can't create content fast enough.

As i write it Forza 7 added more cars in DLC than GTS has cars all together and Forza 7 started with 700 cars not with barely 120. Moreover they have double the amount of tracks, actual mechanical tuning, body modding moreover they completely overhauled their online system and added GTS like races which are clean from rammers. And Forza devs for the first time ever they took wait for it... 3 years to make Forza 8 instead of 2 and it will be ready at release of their new consoles.

Just this comparison shows how PD is incompetent. It got to the point where Indie teams with barely any budget can produce much more content than PD. PCars2 has 200+ cars with the largest amount of tracks (even beating forza).

It used to be that PD had its defense in quality of their work but everyone game has improved while PD didn't improve at all. What is worse Sony actually had team that made better looking cars than PD and more of them to boot. And they also were complete amateurs when they created their first real car racing game. Evolution and Driveclub.

I still don't understand why they shutdown Evolution instead of PD. PD didn't even had game at the time for PS4. They should at the time transfer Gran Turismo to those guys and maybe few engineers responsible for physic engine and fire rest of japan staff or at minimum heads including Kaz.
I agree with most of what your saying the reason why PD isnt doing some of the things you mentioned is because they have the F.I.A license and they work extreamly close with GTS. Thats half of the reason why GTS has 0 customization and different things like that and since the game is based around the F.I.A,F1,La mans, GT IRL series GT3/4 cars are PD top priority of adding to the game over basic road cars.

Dontero

Banned
I agree with most of what your saying the reason why PD isnt doing some of the things you mentioned is because they have the F.I.A license and they work extreamly close with GTS. Thats half of the reason why GTS has 0 customization and different things like that and since the game is based around the F.I.A,F1,La mans, GT IRL series GT3/4 cars are PD top priority of adding to the game over basic road cars.

No. It has nothing to do with FIA. In fact they didn't even implement all tracks from standard races and they do not support any real FIA leagues, most of their cars either way are fantasy cars when it comes to racing in groups. The track part hurts the most. You would think that FIA licensed game would include all amazing tracks no ? Nope. Barely any real world track.

They are just incompetent when it comes to production.

Because GT Sports has been abandoned this year. Broken penalties they are not fixing, and poor updates from months.

Penalties work fine. Sure sometimes you get penalized needlessly but overall they do work 95% of the time.
GTS has not been "abandoned". The rate of updates you see is how actually they work in full production. They are just that slow.

small_law

I hate the fact that I've given up on GT in favor of Forza (mostly Forza Horizon). Sport was barely a video game when it launched. I'm through waiting for Polyphony to make a GT game without all the pretentious horseshit.

Dontero

Banned
I hate the fact that I've given up on GT in favor of Forza (mostly Forza Horizon). Sport was barely a video game when it launched. I'm through waiting for Polyphony to make a GT game without all the pretentious horseshit.

Until they fire Kaz that is not possible. He is primary guy responsible for downfall. Because he would rather spend time going to goodwood festival of speed or SEMA than to work on his game.

Im sorry, but GT is dead to me. This is coming from someone who was a HUGE GT3 fan. Forza Motorsport is king and it kind of makes me sad because I had a lot more fond memories of GT.

zombrex

Until they fire Kaz that is not possible. He is primary guy responsible for downfall. Because he would rather spend time going to goodwood festival of speed or SEMA than to work on his game.

He worked out he can travel the world full time now by hosting the GT championship in various countries.

UnNamed

Banned
GT7 makes no sense.
The serie is heading towards esport, and an old GT-like career mode is now something obsolete.
GTSport2 have much more sense.

scalman

dev said that it will be GT7 and it will be old things that people so like plus new things from GTS too. so all in one. because many people still want buy cars change oil in it and drive in events like good old times. one part of new game will be GTS esport upgraded maybe, so all could get what they want.
i bought GTS just to play it in arcade against AI thats all i needed rly. but its not enough, so i would like today GT7 for PS4 and later GT7 remade for PS5 with console launch.
or add events and buying cars mode to GTS at least.

Last edited:

vkbest

No. It has nothing to do with FIA. In fact they didn't even implement all tracks from standard races and they do not support any real FIA leagues, most of their cars either way are fantasy cars when it comes to racing in groups. The track part hurts the most. You would think that FIA licensed game would include all amazing tracks no ? Nope. Barely any real world track.

Penalties work fine. Sure sometimes you get penalized needlessly but overall they do work 95% of the time.
GTS has not been "abandoned". The rate of updates you see is how actually they work in full production. They are just that slow.

I don’t know what game are you playing but penalties are totally broken. Guys who are bumped by dive bombs are penalized and the guy who did the dive bomb is not penalized, the most contacts are not penalized, so the dirty players are ruining the most races you can play even on S sportsmanship

Dontero

Banned
I don’t know what game are you playing but penalties are totally broken. Guys who are bumped by dive bombs are penalized and the guy who did the dive bomb is not penalized, the most contacts are not penalized, so the dirty players are ruining the most races you can play even on S sportsmanship

I don't play it anymore but year ago when i played penalties worked 95% of time. Either way penalties have profound effect on multi racing. Rammers instantly go to low tier while in S tier you mostly race with good players. This is the only great thing about GTS.

Last edited:

Dargor

Sounds like a mistake to me. The question is "which of these games do you preffer playing on your couch with someone?" Thats implying GT7 is out right now, which it obviously isn't.

Imagine if this is PS4 and MS rollout the new Forza with all the XSX bells and whistles....

That's what happened with GT6 and Forza 5. Despite being the worst Forza game with the least amount of content/features and being on the Xbone, it looked and sounded so much better than GT6 it became a bit of a meme. That said I don't think PD will have anything ready to release by 2021 and if they do it will end up being GT Sport asset swap with a single player events list just like GT6 was an asset flip of GT5. If they pull that again more long-term fans would jump ship as there are several great racing franchises to choose from now. To this day I'm convinced GT6 was shoved out the door to fund Kaz's racing and travelling ambitions while he leaves the studio to his team trickling out updates for the current game to appease fans.

For me Forza, Project Cars and Assetta Corsa carry on what GT 1-3 started. Approachable sims that cover more complex modeling (tire modeling, weather, simulated damage modeling, suspension modeling, frame torsion modeling, and the upcoming wind/weather/track surface models they've been discussing) as the technology to do so advances and does a good job covering a lot of bases. None are perfect by any means, but playing the games in order of release you can feel the changes made to the games with time. Gran Turismo hit a gameplay wall with GT3 and I've found the games haven't progressed much since then. GT has become a detail oriented game that focuses on a few things but misses the bigger picture. They've taken steps backwards in areas like weather systems and visual damage modeling which are non-existent.

Great Hair

Banned
That's what happened with GT6 and Forza 5. Despite being the worst Forza game with the least amount of content/features and being on the Xbone, it looked and sounded so much better than GT6 it became a bit of a meme.

lByn1xw.gif

PS3

Gediminas

Banned
i don't care how it will look. it is already looking good. i just hope that they return to the best parts of the game which made the game known for and so popular and selling like hotcakes.

No. It has nothing to do with FIA. In fact they didn't even implement all tracks from standard races and they do not support any real FIA leagues, most of their cars either way are fantasy cars when it comes to racing in groups.
No it is because of the F.I.A thats half of the reason why we have the one make racers and the B.O.P regulations in the game. Its also the reason why the tuning and car customization is lacking compared to other games the Gr 3, GR 4 cars "real life GT cars" took priority over everything else the tracks are the only thing the F.I.A had no input on but track like
  • utódromo De Interlagos.
  • Autodromo Nazionale Monza
  • Autopolis International Racing Course
  • Brands Hatch GP. ...
  • Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Grand Prix Layout
  • Circuit de la Sarthe
  • Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
  • Fuji International Speedway
  • Red bull ring
are all real life tracks that are used in the F1 and GT racing leagues.

UnNamed

Banned
How is that obsolete
Old style career, where you have to buy a car, win a race, buy a better car, win another race, unlock another car and so on, won't come back. Most of the modern driving games have already surpassed this approach, gamers mostly want cars and tracks available from the beginning to better compete online and offline. It's a better approach than waste hours and hours to unlock the best cars and then spend more time again to improve the performance.

A GT Sport 2 with minor changes would be a better solution than an old style GT.

Nymphae

Banned
Old style career, where you have to buy a car, win a race, buy a better car, win another race, unlock another car and so on, won't come back. Most of the modern driving games have already surpassed this approach, gamers mostly want cars and tracks available from the beginning to better compete online and offline. It's a better approach than waste hours and hours to unlock the best cars and then spend more time again to improve the performance.

A GT Sport 2 with minor changes would be a better solution than an old style GT.

I'd take and love and old style campaign, I don't really care to race randos online.

Gediminas

Banned

gamers or millenials or what ever they are called? gamers, real gamers want that GT came back to it's roots. no one says that they should abandon GT Sport, but it should be separate as Forza and Horizon is.

i would bet that proper Gt game would sell way more than castrated Sport game.

Dontero

Banned
No it is because of the F.I.A thats half of the reason why we have the one make racers and the B.O.P regulations in the game. Its also the reason why the tuning and car customization is lacking compared to other games the Gr 3, GR 4 cars "real life GT cars" took priority over everything else the tracks are the only thing the F.I.A had no input on but track like
  • utódromo De Interlagos.
  • Autodromo Nazionale Monza
  • Autopolis International Racing Course
  • Brands Hatch GP. ...
  • Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Grand Prix Layout
  • Circuit de la Sarthe
  • Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
  • Fuji International Speedway
  • Red bull ring
are all real life tracks that are used in the F1 and GT racing leagues.

First of GTS doesn't support any FIA regulations so idk where you did come with this.
Second. The "real cars" you speak of are almost all fantasy cars. There are only handful of real racing cars. Precisely because GTS groups don't follow any real world regulations.
Third. The real track list is pathetic for AAA studio.

IF you want to have actually someone properly following some proper racing series look no further than Asseto Corsa Competizione. IT completely replicates particular series. And this is done by effectively indie team.
  • Barcelona
  • Brands Hatch
  • Hungaroring
  • Kyalami
  • Laguna Seca
  • Misano
  • Monza
  • Mount Panorama
  • Nurburgring
  • Paul Ricard
  • Silverstone
  • Spa-Francorchamps
  • Suzuka
  • Zandvoort
  • Zolder
There is nothing better GT does that Asseto Corsa doesn't do better. Even best thing about GTS graphics is heading with it toe to toe. And when it comes to physics engine GTS is lighyers behind.

So explain me how indie team can do loops around Polyphone digital ON ALL SIDES ? The only answer is incompetence. Somewhere between GT4 and GT5 the rot start to take inn and heads of studio lost connection to reality. And as old saying goes, fish starts to rot from the head.

It started with not including normal everyday cars and focusing on supercars. Part of charm of GT was always that you could find your car there.

When GT sold the most GT at the time didn't have single super car from well known brands. No ferrari, No lambos, no porshes and yet people bought it in droves. And there were games that provided those like Need for Speed and yet they were not selling close to GT.

People would make fun from GT for having 4 different version of Toyota Yaris but there were people who wanted to drive their own car, maybe tune it up and race with it.

Last edited:

Senua

"Surpassed"aka got rid of all sense of progression.

Last edited:

Which other modern racing games don't have a progression system or unlocks? And what racing games don't let you access cars for practice runs? The only game I can think of is RaceRoom where the game is sold in pieces.

All of the major racing games on the market have free play modes where you can use any cars you want however you please. Nothing is locked from being used for practice for online racing in any that I can think of. I can fire them all up to check right now if I need to.

Let's go in release date order

- Forza Motorsport 7 starts you in lower class cars and has a progression system for unlocks. It's probably the most open and accessible on the market though. You can "unlock" the every car in the game in about 15 minutes to purchase for use in championship mode. Free play lets you use any of the 834 cars on any of the tracks in the game, even the ones you don't own.

- Project Cars 2 career mode starts you off in kart racing. You need to progress and gain sponsors to move forward. You can also free play with every car and track right away.

- Assetto Corsa starts you in Novice 1 class in a Fiat 500. You need to progress to move on. You can also free play with every car and track in the game right away.

- Automobilista started you off in karts just like Projects Cars. Automobilista 2 is still early access but will likely follow suit based on what I've played. You can free play with every car an d track in the game right away.

- Grid Autosport, which is basically an arcade racer compared to the rest here used a level progression system with you starting in lower class cars. You can also use any car on any track right away.

GT Sport is the only newer racer that abandoned a progression based single player mode unless you're counting games like F1, Automobilista 2 or AC Competizione that follow a single racing class only. The only racing games that use an online-only model like GT Sport are iRacing and rFactor2 which are not really in the same category as GT Sport.

Last edited:

UnNamed

Banned
Which other modern racing games don't have a progression system or unlocks? And what racing games don't let you access cars for practice runs? The only game I can think of is RaceRoom where the game is sold in pieces.

All of the major racing games on the market have free play modes where you can use any cars you want however you please. Nothing is locked from being used for practice for online racing in any that I can think of. I can fire them all up to check right now if I need to.

Let's go in release date order

- Forza Motorsport 7 starts you in lower class cars and has a progression system for unlocks. It's probably the most open and accessible on the market though. You can "unlock" the every car in the game in about 15 minutes to purchase for use in championship mode. Free play lets you use any of the 834 cars on any of the tracks in the game, even the ones you don't own.

- Project Cars 2 career mode starts you off in kart racing. You need to progress and gain sponsors to move forward. You can also free play with every car and track right away.

- Assetto Corsa starts you in Novice 1 class in a Fiat 500. You need to progress to move on. You can also free play with every car and track in the game right away.

- Automobilista started you off in karts just like Projects Cars. Automobilista 2 is still early access but will likely follow suit based on what I've played. You can free play with every car an d track in the game right away.

- Grid Autosport, which is basically an arcade racer compared to the rest here used a level progression system with you starting in lower class cars. You can also use any car on any track right away.

GT Sport is the only newer racer that abandoned a progression based single player mode unless you're counting games like F1, Automobilista 2 or AC Competizione that follow a single racing class only. The only racing games that use an online-only model like GT Sport are iRacing and rFactor2 which are not really in the same category as GT Sport.

What you (and others) wrote is not distant from what I said.

My opinion is old Gt-like career is obsolete, not Career is gone for good and it shouldn't come back.

You wrote yourself, those game have a different, more or less approach to GT 5 (don't know GT6, I didn't play it), which it doesn't mean you can't have a career mode in 2020.

Last edited:
Didn't Gran Turismo 6 launch on PS3 a month after PS4 had launched? So yeah even if it's a PS4 exclusive that's fine because the game will be playable on day one on the PS5. The only real disappointment would be that the tech powering it isn't using PS5 natively!

tagliner

Neo Member
Far from it. The C-virus situation has had a huge increase also regarding GT Sport player base, according to recent GT Planet news.
Yes some players may have burnt themselves with currently more demanding penalty system but all in all I believe no bigger exodus has happened to other simulator games.
This year's game update situation was well informed by the devs, meaning only minor updates incoming.

Top Bottom