• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

omegasc

got my time trial lap down approx 0.8s from before the update, 1:12.950. Hopefully this gets me the Gold, as I can't seem to get near my optimal. There's always one random sector that I mess up +0.1~0.2s and ruin the whole thing :messenger_grinning_sweat:
tried some different cars for the daily C (Laguna Seca), and the Porsche is the safest bet. Other cars can get fast but there's a lot more risk involved, making it harder to be consistent.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
52445379266_612590b45d_o.png

52445379286_f937c6cb22_o.png

52444855202_7227a9cedb_o.png

Con-Z-epT

So I did Sardegna last night with the NSX I use. (I swap between a GTR 500, Lexus, and NSX)

I noticed the shifting you mentioned, it's still there but not as a much of a one shot punch, it's more of a softer double mechanical feel. What I do like however, is feeling the haptics way more with tires losing grip on the road. That is a much welcoming change.

Even subtly, since I track a couple of my cars IRL, and with a race or track set suspension, you do feel even the most slightest tire feel starting to lose grip feedback through the steering and undercarriage especially when coming out of an apex turn.

A fantastic change, IMO.

Now for the lap times. The car felt a hair heavier in the physics going into turns, but noticed they braked a lot faster too. My lap times were about 1 second behind, but as soon as I adjusted later in the race, I was able to nail the times I had before.

Also with the PP changes, I was able to squeeze a hair more juice out of some of them cars, adjust downforce and ballast placement and shave a couple of hundredths of acceleration times while lightening them a hair too. Not a massive difference, but one I will probably see in the tenths on times.

As for the tires, I like them as is right now. It feels like a happy medium between the original and recent aggressive wear then drop off the controllability change before this patch.
There is definitely more to the changes in physics than just a set back to a previous state. The more cars i try the more obvious it gets and in general i quite like it.

Same for the changes in haptic feedback which is a good addition. Quite the surprise actually which makes me wonder in which ways it could be used we haven't seen. I think we barely scratched the surface of all things haptics and triggers.

Con-Z-epT

Sure, it obviously depends on the track, the car and the overall skill level but sometimes i struggle so hard to even get silver on these online time trials and today i did a single lap and miss about half a second for gold.

Over It No GIF by Paramount+

omegasc

Sure, it obviously depends on the track, the car and the overall skill level but sometimes i struggle so hard to even get silver on these online time trials and today i did a single lap and miss about half a second for gold.
just watch out because there's this "trend" now where the best drivers fight for the WR in the last day.
Nurburgring lap is a bit longer so it might give us mortals more room to get the gold

Con-Z-epT

just watch out because there's this "trend" now where the best drivers fight for the WR in the last day.
Nurburgring lap is a bit longer so it might give us mortals more room to get the gold
I fully expect the times to change quite a bit and although i'm not sure i will get gold i'm much more confident with the Gr.3 cars in general.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Good job! WR is SLB1904 SLB1904 i think.

I never went back after i got gold. Surely i could do a bit better. You just had tailwind from those windmills. :messenger_beaming:

SLB1904 SLB1904 I'm sorry! 🙌

Yeah same here had a couple beers and the lap was scruffy but with intense aggression. Saved the replay for you to see.

And my post was made in jest because we all can do better if we chose so. Merely having a good time with you all <3

Con-Z-epT

And my post was made in jest because we all can do better if we chose so. Merely having a good time with you all <3
I needed to poke fun at you because there is nothing else left for me to do. :messenger_tears_of_joy: Will watch your replay later!

SLB1904

Banned
Merci! Yeah it's a great track for sure!

Haha same here! But seeing I had some incentive it was nice to beat the "high score" Haha =)
Yeah I agree. I do the same, I don't at there was anyone from my friends list playing. But the track I found alwaysbtry to beat them. Really gives another layer. And that was the time with old physics ha ha shit was tough with Porche on the wet licences, I thought was impossible 🤣 have you done that yet?

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Yeah I agree. I do the same, I don't at there was anyone from my friends list playing. But the track I found alwaysbtry to beat them. Really gives another layer. And that was the time with old physics ha ha shit was tough with Porche on the wet licences, I thought was impossible 🤣 have you done that yet?

Yeah it does add a competitive layer to it even though the times held weren't the best seeing most move on once gotten gold. It still adds some incentive!

Man I played a lot on launch but when Elden Ring came out I more or less dropped it and only since a week or 3 I've been playing regularly again so that physics change isn't THAT noticeable I'm somewhat sorry to say..

Not sure about the wet condition licences. Maybe I did and forgotten or it's still there haha. Not a huge fan to be honoust but it sure af has it's place =)

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Finished all gold on CE on

Goodwood
Brands Hatch
Redbull Ring
Nurburgring GP
Deep Forest Raceway

Almost done with Alsace

Easy money

Still a lot left. Loving it though

Alsaucy done.

Ofcourse I made a point to beat both SLB1904 SLB1904 & Con-Z-epT Con-Z-epT times in all sectors and laps just because it's easy to do so...

Too Easy GIF by Redbrick

Just kidding don't unfriend me pls

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
uaols2G.jpg

This last sector on Catalunya with the Lambo is doing my head in. Respect to you two.

Got the gold but that's not enough!!!

Brad Keselowski Win GIF by NASCAR

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Yeah a lot

Same here.

My biggest personal flaw I'd say is (trail) braking to soon. Especially regarding "blind corners".. it's surely a matter of having a reference point to put your trust in but still. It's also of the way I hold my controller and don't get that subtlety with braking as I do with acceleration. #random thoughts

Top Bottom