• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
For the last year(2023) and a few months I kept hope alive in hoping pd would add the corvette c8r race car but I believe Is time for me to let go of that hope of that car being added.

Either way I don't regret my over 2500+ hours I put into GT7 and my collection of cars worth over 3B credits.:messenger_smiling_with_eyes::messenger_grinning:

Not only is GT7 a good racing game that will help you to develop your driving skill and track / car knowledge but it also teaches you important life lessons.

Keep expectations in check and be grateful for what you get.

omegasc

Does the Subaru VIZIV Vision GT have no cockpit view, or was my game bugged? Can't use VR Showroom as well. It's very odd to race it from the top, as I can't even change the camera lol

omegasc

I just got to the super license tests the other day. I hate dirt and snow! I just don't know what to do and rely on pure luck lol It also does not help that I only have a formula wheel.
If FF7R Rebirth allows, I hope to get the super license this weekend.

Con-Z-epT

i1k7gl3boHxOhG.jpg

i149WPlBYiyVoG.jpg

i1jt7vCDxCMKh.jpg

Con-Z-epT

Update Details (1.43)​

A new update for Gran Turismo 7 has been released. The following is a list of the main features and adjustments introduced.

Main Features Implemented​

1. Cars
 - The following three new cars have been added:
  ・ Audi TTS Coupe '09 (Sold at the 'Legend Cars' and 'Used Cars' dealerships)
  ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR GSR '06 (Sold at the 'Legend Cars' and 'Used Cars' dealerships)
  ・Renault R4 GTL (Sold at the 'Legend Cars' and 'Used Cars' dealerships)

2. World Circuits
 - The following new events have been added to 'World Circuits':
  ・Japanese Clubman Cup 550
   - WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
  ・Sunday Cup Classic
   - Tsukuba Circuit
  ・European Clubman Cup 600
   - Suzuka Circuit

3. Brand Central
 - The following brands have been added to the Museum:
  ・Bvlgari

(The BVLGARI Aluminium Vision Gran Turismo is now available for purchase.)

4. Café
 - The following Extra Menu has been added:
  ・Extra Menu No.36: 'Collection: Lamborghini' (Collector Level 43 and above);

- Added new sets of conversations with the Car Designers and Characters appearing in the Café. These new conversations can be accessed by changing to the following cars in 'Garage' and speaking with the Characters in the Café:

CAR DESIGNERS
  - Kunihisa Ito
   ・Nissan R92CP '92
   ・Porsche 919 Hybrid '16
   ・Toyota TS050 - Hybrid '16

- Hikonori Kagurazaka
   ・ Eckert's Rod & Custom Mach Forty
   ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR GSR '06

- Tom Matano
   ・Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 '12
   ・Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat '15

- Shiro Nakamura
   ・Mazda RX500 '70

CHARACTERS
  - Jeremy
   ・Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM '98
   ・AMG 300 SEL 6.8 AMG '71

- Stella
   ・Mazda RX-VISION '15

5. GT Auto
 - Car Maintenance & Service
  Engine Swaps have been added for the following cars (Unlocked at Collector Level 50):
  ・Nissan GT-R Premium Edition '17
  ・Suzuki Jimny XC '18
  ・Toyota GR Corolla MORIZO Edition '22
  ・Toyota Corolla Levin 3door 1600GT APEX (AE86) '83
  ・Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A '88

6. Scapes
 - The 'Pyrenees' has been added as a featured Curation in Scapes.

Other Improvements and Adjustments​

1. Cars
 - The text indicating a car's aspiration type has been adjusted as follows:
  ・TB (Turbo) → TC (Turbocharger)
  ・ST (Superturbo) → TC+SC 
 *'TC+SC' indicates a forced induction system equipped with a TC (Turbocharger) and a SC (Supercharger).

2. Legend Cars
 - Legend Cars (Hagerty Collection) prices have been revised based on real-life valuations from Gran Turismo partner, Hagerty. Hagerty provides valuations and vehicle insurance for classic cars and has sponsored some historic car events in recent years. New prices will be applied the next time a vehicle goes on sale. The next price revision is scheduled for May 2024.

3. World Circuits
 - The Weekly Challenges are now updated every Friday;
 - It is now possible to enter Drift Trials and Time Trials even when Performance Points (PP) cannot be calculated.

4. Multiplayer
 - Fixed an issue in 'Split-Screen Race' wherein the race display would disappear during a pit stop.

5. Localisation
 - Fixed various text localisation issues.

6. Others
 - Various other issues have been addressed.

Celcius

°Temp. member
If this game does end up getting ported to PC then I genuinely hope they let us transfer our save progress over. Hopefully it should be doable since it's all saved on their servers and they require an online account anyway. Those $20 million dollar cars aren't cheap and I spent so many hours grinding Tokyo with the Tomahawk to earn money.

I've not checked out the OG license trials ever since I platinumed GT7 in May 2022, I checked back recently and my timings that was previously gold is now appearing bronze but never shows up in the leaderboard to begin with. Am I missing something?

Con-Z-epT

I love wombles accent. Needed a few videos before i could understand him after discovering his channel. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

The first time i've seen this mentioned was in a guide from Unleashed Drivers for the Tsukuba Human Comedy race. I was pretty suprised by this. Just shows the extend of details.

Didn't iRacing also add weather lately with the same effect on the racing line?

sncvsrtoip

I love wombles accent. Needed a few videos before i could understand him after discovering his channel. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

The first time i've seen this mentioned was in a guide from Unleashed Drivers for the Tsukuba Human Comedy race. I was pretty suprised by this. Just shows the extend of details.

Didn't iRacing also add weather lately with the same effect on the racing line?

Also struggle with ubderstanding😆 yeah iracing has now rain and apparently very good

Synastry

Neo Member

Con-Z-epT

Update Details (1.44)​

The following is a list of the main features and adjustments introduced in the new update for Gran Turismo 7.

Main Features​

1. Cars
 - Three new cars join the lineup:
  ・Audi R8 Coupé V10 plus '16
  ・Lamborghini Urus '18
  ・Toyota GT-One (TS020) '99 (Sold at the 'Legend Cars' dealership)

2. World Circuits
 - The following events have been added to World Circuits:
  ・European Clubman Cup 600
   - Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield A Reverse
  ・Schwarzwald League
   - High Speed Ring Reverse
  ・World Touring Car 900
   - 24 Heures du Mans Racing Circuit

3. Café
 - A new Extra Menu:
  ・Extra Menu No.37: Collection: Jaguar (Collector Level 41 and above).

- This includes new sets of conversations with the Car Designers and Characters appearing in the Café, which can be accessed by changing to the following cars in the Garage and speaking with the people in the Café:

CAR DESIGNERS
  - Kunihisa Ito
   ・Jaguar XJR-9 '88

CHARACTERS
  - Chris
   ・Plymouth Superbird '70

- Jeremy
   ・Toyota GT-One (TS020) '99

- Stella
   ・Audi R8 Coupé V10 plus '16
   ・Mercedes-AMG GT S '15
   ・Lamborghini Urus '18

4. GT Auto
 - Car Maintenance & Service
  Engine Swaps are now available for the following cars (unlocked at Collector Level 50):
   ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR '95
   ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96
   ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V GSR '98
   ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. EDITION Special Color Package '99
   ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR GSR '06

- Car Customization
  The following limited edition decal is added to the Preset Decals in the Livery Editor. (The availability period will be announced at a later date.)
   ・HIGHSPEED Étoile

5. Scapes
 - "Fukushima" is now a featured Curation in Scapes.

Other Improvements and Adjustments​

1. World Circuits
 - The following two cars have been added to the race regulations of the Nissan GT-R Cup:
  ・Nissan Skyline Hard Top 2000GT-R (KPGC10) '70
  ・Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R (KPGC110) '73

- The Professionally Tuned category is now part of the race regulations for the following event:
  ・Japanese Clubman Cup 550

- Adjusted prize credits for the following race:
  ・European Clubman Cup 600 (Nürburgring Nordschleife)

2. Multiplayer
 - We addressed an issue in Split-Screen Race in which the race would end one minute after the first player crosses the finish line.

3. Showcase
 - Keyword search added to content search.
 - We implemented an "Add to Favorites" button to the Decal details screen.
 - Comments on details page are now shown from most recent.

4. GT Auto
 - We implemented an Open Details function to Load Style, Driving Gear, and the Livery Editor.
 - We added a "Select" and "Add to Favorites" buttons to the Details screen in Livery Editor > Decals.
 - Preset Decals now display decal names.

5. Localization
 - We also addressed various text localization issues.

6. Others
 - Various other issues have been addressed.

skit_data

Tried out the new R8 after installing some body and tuning parts (kept the default settings on the suspension and LSD). It felt like absolute ass tbh, but I have a feeling it might end up being an absolute monster with the right settings.

Con-Z-epT

Škoda Vision Gran Turismo: Škoda Auto announces world premiere details​

› All-electric single-seater designed exclusively for the Gran Turismo 7 PlayStation racing simulation
› The #VisionGranTurismoPremiere will be broadcast live from the PLAYzone Arena in Prague on 24 April at 18:00 CEST
› First preview picture shows the taillights of the Škoda Vision Gran Turismo concept car

Vision_GT_c216bd4d-1440x614.png

Škoda will unveil the Škoda Vision Gran Turismo concept car on 24 April at 18:00 CEST. The world premiere will be broadcast live from the PLAYzone Arena in Prague and can be followed on the official Škoda Motorsport and Škoda Auto Česká republika YouTube channels. The event will also be streamed on the PLAYzoneCZ Twitch channel. Ahead of the premiere, the Czech car manufacturer has released a first teaser picture showcasing the taillights of the Škoda Vision Gran Turismo concept car.

Škoda Auto is strengthening its presence in the digital racing world by introducing the Škoda Vision Gran Turismo, a spectacular all-electric concept car, into the Gran Turismo 7 PlayStation video game. The all-wheel-drive one-seater combines elements from the iconic 1957 Škoda 1100 OHC Spider with Škoda’s contemporary Modern Solid design features. The first teaser picture reveals striking taillights inspired by the distinctive slim light signature.

If I were to start playing today, approximately how long would it take me to get a McLaren F1, or one of its racing variations, if I beeline to it?

Been thinking about picking up it on a sale.

Con-Z-epT

If I were to start playing today, approximately how long would it take me to get a McLaren F1, or one of its racing variations, if I beeline to it?

This is both skill and luck dependant and can take you between 1-2 days or 1-2 months so there isn't a clear answer.

McLaren F1 '94
Cr. 20,000,000
Last Appeared: 07.03.2024

McLaren F1 GTR - BMW '95
Cr. 15,000,000
Last Appeared: 05.02.2024

BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97
Cr. 14,000,000
Last Appeared: 17.03.2024

Skill dependant because...

...grinding the money with the highest payout races for around Cr. 800,000 would take you approximately 17 races or 9 hours of racing. And this is only for the cheapest of the three cars. But if you are able to beat all the Circuit Experiences first try you can get Cr. 47,500,000 within a few hours.

Luck dependant because...

...all three cars are tied to Hagerty's Legendary Car Dealership and have a timed availability. As you can see in the example of the '95 model, it hasn't appeared for over two months now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom