• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

R6Rider

Gold Member
For the new weekly challenge races there's another event on the snow track.

Anybody tried this yet? Trying all my various rally cars with snow tires and it seems the AI cars are much faster no matter what.

EDIT: Figured it out! Apparently TCS was set to 3 for some reason. Turned it to 1 and now can actually race.

Last edited:
Can't do the last weekly challenge for now apparently.
Game's last level is 50? Just hit it...had no idea! Weird considering i don't even have half the cars...

Unknown?

Can't do the last weekly challenge for now apparently.
Game's last level is 50? Just hit it...had no idea! Weird considering i don't even have half the cars...
I think it's based on price of cars. Which is weird because I would think rarity would make your collector level go higher. For instance a car that's 150k should be more points if it's a 1970 than a 2022 because it's harder to come by

MikeM

Anyone play GT7 and Forza 8? Which one is better? GT7 is on sale and I can’t play Forza right now as it keeps crashing post-race.

I think it's based on price of cars. Which is weird because I would think rarity would make your collector level go higher. For instance a car that's 150k should be more points if it's a 1970 than a 2022 because it's harder to come by
Hope they keep increasing the Collector's Level as content increases cause this will get boring now, lmao.

You have to activate Menu 48 for it to be available. A big oversight on PD's part.
Oh i haven't done the latest 3 Menus. Thank you! I'll do them now.

Also...those new licences...some Gold are hard as hell. I'm still doing the Gold for the special normal licences..these new ones are worse (obviously).

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!

Details of the Vision Gran Turismo car will be provided at a later date.

i1mjZW41sGfGb7c.png

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Today i finished up every Master Licence test with a gold medal. Really took my time to savor every moment and to push a bit beyond my initial gold. Cool to see the difference in skill compared to the normal licence test where i couldn't even name half of the tracks and struggled with the normal Super Licences. :messenger_tears_of_joy: Really a case of giving time into the game as much as possible and gaining back from it. I'm still as excited to play this game as i was when it released.

Master IA-5 was by far the most challenging. Also insane to peek at the top 10 for each of those and to wonder how one could push that far.

Anyone play GT7 and Forza 8? Which one is better? GT7 is on sale and I can’t play Forza right now as it keeps crashing post-race.

After 150hr in GT7 i was really looking forward to Forza 8 since I quite enjoyed F7. The game has no soul, I deleted it after 10 hours, progression system, a ton of loading screens, graphics are not on par with GT7 no matter what people are trying to prove in one of the threads. To me at least compared to F7 everything seems like it was stapled together to try and make a game here. First of all I always hated the difficulty system, they made 100 options for you to move around just so the game will fit anyones skill. I legit had no clue am I a good driver or did I chose easy mode. Its the same as Forza Horizon. Physics are almost NFS like, every car drifts similar in a corner at speed and that loud CRUNCH sound when you even make the smallest collision is annoying. I never thought Id say this but I now appreciate the subtle damage model of GT because here, one solid collision and your front bumper and hud look like a zig-zag harmonika. Its unrealistic, belongs more in Burnout series. No way could you drive a car in that shape.

Its a shame as I wanted a a new racer, new tracks but I was bored out of my mind and deleted it. Oh and I know for simmers a lot of people enjoy just the sound of engines screaming but I do like my OST. Well, besides some menu cinematic music believe it or not Forza 8 has ZERO licensed songs. Nothing plays during gameplay and they still havent addressed the washed out look of the colors.

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

Today i finished up every Master Licence test with a gold medal. Really took my time to savor every moment and to push a bit beyond my initial gold. Cool to see the difference in skill compared to the normal licence test where i couldn't even name half of the tracks and struggled with the normal Super Licences. :messenger_tears_of_joy: Really a case of giving time into the game as much as possible and gaining back from it. I'm still as excited to play this game as i was when it released.

Master IA-5 was by far the most challenging. Also insane to peek at the top 10 for each of those and to wonder how one could push that far.
gg, I remember beating you in tt, now you have like A+ speed, great improvements, Im still same slow as was 2 years ago ;d

Con-Z-epT

gg, I remember beating you in tt, now you have like A+ speed, great improvements, Im still same slow as was 2 years ago ;d

This means a lot to me coming from you since it was our back and forth that lead to my improvements. Even my girl knows your name by now since i complained that you beat my time again. :messenger_grinning_sweat: Good times!

Con-Z-epT

yeah, I was giving it a go yesterday and he has some ver quick times there!

Dito! You beat my Master B-5 time. :messenger_fire:

And it's not like i drive this on my first go but ultimately take some time to push beyond after i managed to get gold which in itself is also tricky for some of these.

Really love to have you all on the leaderboards! Always puts a smile on my face when we interact in this indirect way.

omegasc

Dito! You beat my Master B-5 time. :messenger_fire:

And it's not like i drive this on my first go but ultimately take some time to push beyond after i managed to get gold which in itself is also tricky for some of these.

Really love to have you all on the leaderboards! Always puts a smile on my face when we interact in this indirect way.
You are making this too hard for us! I'm having a hard time to gold some already, and then I have a look at your times and just go :messenger_open_mouth:
congratulations!

Con-Z-epT

Polurra was top European driver since last year but was too young to qualify, wasnt surprise for me but taking into account last lap it was kinda random ;d
Considering his age he pushed harder and more efficient than older and more experienced players. That was certainly a surprise.

sncvsrtoip

Considering his age he pushed harder and more efficient than older and more experienced players. That was certainly a surprise.
Polura, Josete and Kylian are like top3 now in Europe, Kylian wasnt competing in Toyota cup and Josete was victim of Coque dive ;d Kokuben was also very close.

Last edited:

Aenima

Miyazono did a great job placing Subaru in 1st place during the wet tarmac, but once the drivers changed mistakes happened. No credits for me, but consulation for seeing my favorite car in the game win. Kokobun was a beast placing the Nissan GT-R ahead with more than 8 seconds, which was vital to help the more slow and last driver still take the win.

For Tomorrow, força Igor Fraga.

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

You cant call yourself real GT fan if you dont buy this watch :messenger_relieved:

omegasc

You cant call yourself real GT fan if you dont buy this watch :messenger_relieved:
I got one for each wrist. Been considering for ankles as well.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just booted up my PS5 for the first time in months and I see the LFA is $1.5 million, oof.
Is it worth it y'all?
Easiest way to rack up the credits? Maybe new events added in the spec II update?

sncvsrtoip

Just booted up my PS5 for the first time in months and I see the LFA is $1.5 million, oof.
Is it worth it y'all?
Easiest way to rack up the credits? Maybe new events added in the spec II update?
every week there is online time trial that give 2m cr for gold time (max 3% slower time than p1), 1m for silver (5%), and also some money for bronze, also every week you have 5 races that give you usualy some nice money when you finish all in top3

Top Bottom