• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport announced

Project cars and Assetta is not much competition for GT. GT will outsell both, prob launch week. Project cars and asetta has no casual appeal, GT does on name alone. Joe public probably doesn't know what Project cars or Asetta corsa are.

As a filthy casual, the car selection alone is reason enough for me to pick GT over pcars or AC any time.

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/products/

It pretty clearly says "Sales Units" down at the bottom and was at 4.88 million worldwide by the end of 2015...

Low for a main numbered GT title, but considering when it released in relation to the PS4 launch...I think it's impressive

Yep, I was wrong. And it is super impressive. Now consider that Forza Motorsport 6 only sold 2 million but over 400,000 bought the ~$110 Ultimate Edition and ask how much the GT brand is worth and how little Sony is doing with it. They need to hire guys at PD that can do routine streamlined stuff like laser scanning and refurbishing of cars and tracks to free the hands of PD employees and speed up the process.

Metfanant

Yep, I was wrong. And it is super impressive. Now consider that Forza Motorsport 6 only sold 2 million but over 400,000 bought the ~$110 Ultimate Edition and ask how much the GT brand is worth and how little Sony is doing with it. They need to hire guys at PD that can do routine streamlined stuff like laser scanning and refurbishing of cars and tracks to free the hands of PD employees and speed up the process.

Kaz is a disaster of a project manager...

benzy

Did Forza 6 get Porsche through a deal with EA again or did that contract expire and Porsche is free for everyone to sleep with now?

Mascot

Did Forza 6 get Porsche through a deal with EA again or did that contract expire and Porsche is free for everyone to sleep with now?

She'll let you lift her skirt but there's a titanium EA chastity belt between you and her ladygarden.

driver116

That exclusivty license between EA and Porche is just ultimate bullshit.
It's set to expire this year I believe - isn't NFS pretty much dead now?
Anyway fuck Porche, would rather stick with RUF anyway.

- GT Sports will be heavily oriented to e-sports, to be "the" race cars esport game (targeting EVO and stuff)

Will this mean it will offer far less features than other titles in its genre yet still charge $60 a la Street Fighter V?

Funny with GT6 I was hoping they would improve/change up the career mode. With how MP/Online centric this gen has been compared to last, I'm going in with the lowest expectations and expecting Sport to have the worst offline content and Career mode (if there is any).

benzy

Still a deal as EA is the sole owner of Porsche Digital.

Sole owner of Porsche Digital sounds like that contract will never be broken unless EA wants it to...

She'll let you lift her skirt but there's a titanium EA chastity belt between you and her ladygarden.

NnKb.gif

Aren't the Porsche packs payed DLC?

Yes, but EA still has to approve for its use as DLC.

Sky Chief

You know, the fanbase is really starting to get on my nerves. Gt5 wasthe only game that took forever to get out (probably the ps3s fault), but everyone is acting like it was PDs standard practice. And now we wont get any info, and "how the mighty has fallen"?

Seriously guys, its will be out when it will be out. Play other racers until then. Otherwise, enough with this whole doom and gloom about PD, its distasteful.

Dude, GT6 was also released AFTER THE FUCKING PS4 LAUNCHED. Please tell me when was that last time they released a game in a timely manner? GT4 came out over 11 years ago in the US!

GHG

The reality is that GT6 needed to be a ps4 title but it wasn't for some stupid boneheaded reason. That could have been the title they built on a-la Driveclub but instead here we are desperately waiting for the release of what is going to be this generations equivalent of GT Prologue.

Quite frankly, it's a joke.

matmanx1

It sounds like to me that either PD hasn't ponied up the cash for EA to let them use the Porsche cars or that EA is completely blocking them from doing so (which I have a hard time believing since several other non EA racing games have now gotten Porsche cars).

I have a feeling the onus is on Sony and PD to pay the money to get Porsche and they just aren't doing so. I'm sure the game will be great but leaving Porsche out of a game about motorsports is just ridiculous.

Footos22

The reality is that GT6 needed to be a ps4 title but it wasn't for some stupid boneheaded reason. That could have been the title they built on a-la Driveclub but instead here we are desperately waiting for the release of what is going to be this generations equivalent of GT Prologue.

Quite frankly, it's a joke.

Do we even know its the equivalent of a prologue? Has this been confirmed. I just thought they were calling it that because its going to be a game as a service like driveclub like you just said.

Mascot

It sounds like to me that either PD hasn't ponied up the cash for EA to let them use the Porsche cars or that EA is completely blocking them from doing so (which I have a hard time believing since several other non EA racing games have now gotten Porsche cars).

I have a feeling the onus is on Sony and PD to pay the money to get Porsche and they just aren't doing so. I'm sure the game will be great but leaving Porsche out of a game about motorsports is just ridiculous.

Do we definitely know that Porsche is not in this game that doesn't even exist in beta form yet and might yet prove to be a dream that Kaz had on a train?

Niks

I bet GT Sport was delayed due to VR. Plain and simple.

Kinda makes sense if they (Sony) are pinning for e-sports.

I'm confused, I haven't found anything that says GT Sport was going to be released in March. All I see are rumors by people claiming it to be so. If it wasn't announced how is it delayed or how are you guys so upset?

I'm confused, I haven't found anything that says GT Sport was going to be released in March. All I see are rumors by people claiming it to be so. If it wasn't announced how is it delayed or how are you guys so upset?

They said it would be a 2016 title with a beta in early 2016. In the summary Sony used "spring 2016" for the beta.

xrnzaaas

I sure hope that eSports will be just one of MANY features of GT Sport, because my interest in that stuff is zero. Same with VR support.

Getting excited for a GT title is hard. Announcement and pre launch day are all I care about anymore.
Well, except GT6 releasing on PS3, that was just stupid.

THE:MILKMAN

Eh, if only was that simple.

Damn it.

Hi amar. Just saw your post.

I find it interesting you say 'if only it was so simple'. I wonder if it is something to do with FIA or licencing issues? Or is it actually a Sony/PD issue?

Whatever it is, it is an extra blow given GT's recent "history".

Edit: I just had a unlikely, but horrible thought. What if PD had secured the Porsche rights but it has now led to a dispute? And neither Sony/PD can talk about it?

Seems concerning we haven't heard anything about the Beta. I'd have loved to have taken part. One of the few betas I'd actually be interested in trying.

Yiazmat

Hi amar. Just saw your post.

I find it interesting you say 'if only it was so simple'. I wonder if it is something to do with FIA or licencing issues? Or is it actually a Sony/PD issue?

Whatever it is, it is an extra blow given GT's recent "history".

Amar knows nothing, he's just doing his damage control routine for PD's incompetence. Don't let him fool you!

2PDn8kf.gif

Elios83

They said beta in early 2016 and full game in 2016.
Instead we all know it will be beta in late 2016 and full game in 2017 :p, GT7 MIA.
It's Polyphony.

THE:MILKMAN

Didn't someone at Sony or Polyphany say back around the launch of the PS4 that the next Gran Turismo shouldn't take that long to produce?

As far back as February '13 PS4 reveal Kaz and all devs that spoke were praising the simplicity of the system...'blank canvas' etc.

Of course virtually every game gets delayed these days. Much more than happened with the impossible to program PS3 era!

Tomeru

Dude, GT6 was also released AFTER THE FUCKING PS4 LAUNCHED. Please tell me when was that last time they released a game in a timely manner? GT4 came out over 11 years ago in the US!

GT6 released three years after GT5.
GT4 released three years after GT3.

Stricly speaking release dates - whats the fucking problem?

MGR

GT6 released three years after GT5.
GT4 released three years after GT3.

Stricly speaking release dates - whats the fucking problem?

GT5 was two years late.

FvuwB7R.jpg

When this presentation was made (TGS2007) PD already had a working demo and GT5 Prologue released on schedule in Dec 2007. Took them 3 more years to drop GT5, which is pretty terrible considering their original estimate of 12 months.

They've never recovered from this blow out, and haven't managed to adapt to the new console generation timelines either. GT6 took 12 months too long and wasn't even close to finished when it was released.

Edit: I just had a unlikely, but horrible thought. What if PD had secured the Porsche rights but it has now led to a dispute? And neither Sony/PD can talk about it?
We can expect these things from PD! :D
For example, they made a track for GT5 (Piazza del Campo). a complete karting track that we even watched its gameplay videos. but it was removed due to some political issues or something else.

BIPmea.jpg

Or DeltaWings in GT6. they were removed too, although they returned after a month.

Top Bottom