• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport announced

sublimit

Banned
It's still very unclear whether it's a GTPrologue or a separate thing. They haven't given much info since the trailer.

What i'd like to know is whether or not GTSport will be an online-only game.
If it is then i'll probably skip it and just wait for GT7.

Edit:Nevermind it will still support an offline mode.

Caayn

What i'd like to know is whether or not GTSport will be an online-only game.
If it is then i'll probably skip it and just wait for GT7.
Why would it be an online only game?

Even if they don't make AI for it, which would be wierd, they'll most likely include time trials.

sublimit

Banned

Even if they don't make AI for it, which would be wierd, they'll most likely include time trials.

I thought that because from what i've read the focus on this game will be the online aspect (with this whole FIA thing going on) but thankfully i've just read on wikipedia that it will still support an offline mode.

Mascot

There's a joke in there somewhere about PD not including AI in GT1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6, but I can't be bothered to make it.

Sky Chief

So is the plan to release GT Sport this holiday or next spring and GT7 proper in 2018?

Plan shman. Who really knows what their plan is? Based on their recent track record the plan can be multiple years off or to wait for release until the generation is already over.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
There's a joke in there somewhere about PD not including AI in GT1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6, but I can't be bothered to make it.

Seriously. As a new wheel owner, I have been dabbling with GT6 and despite REALLY liking the sheer variety of available cars and events, the complete lack of AI is just such a damn buzzkill.

The last thing we need in the game is another ugly ass Lamborghini tho. There's plenty of those already.

[MG]http://i.imgur.com/lYiTAQB.gif[/IMG]

I just want it because of how cool the cockpit looks

lamborghini-egoista-cwvkiy.jpg

lamborghini-egoista-86sjni.jpg

Jamesways

Plan shman. Who really knows what their plan is? Based on their recent track record the plan can be multiple years off or to wait for release until the generation is already over.
Sad but true.

What's "GT7 Proper"?
The full version, not just a smaller online competition driven FIA sanctioned game.
That is what they billed GT Sport as, correct?

I would imagine at least 3 years between GTS prologue and GT7 proper.
I've already read people saying they should wait for the ps5 to release GT7. Good lord.

Glix

These adaptors are a big no no for wheels.

No force feedback, only vibration, big deadzones and they work by mapping your wheel output to analog stick movement.

Your only real option is the GIMX G29 emulation solution, which from my own (DFGT) and others experience works perfect. Full force feedback and no input lag.

Read more in this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1125782

According to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVRw1vDbq8U

Force Feedback works, although they may just mean vibration. Their product is great... their english is not, so I am working the web trying to get confirmation. They also say the deadzone they had, at least with the wireless x360 wheel were worked out, so I'm hoping that is not an issue anymore either.

I am not a shill for them or anything, I have just been so impressed by their product (i got two x360->ps4 converters for my arcade sticks), converters have never been something I liked to use, there are always compromises, but their stuff is the best I've ever worked with, so I'm hoping they had some breakthroughs.

They seemed to only add Driving Force GT compatibility with a Jan 2016 patch? Or maybe improved it? Again, their English communication leaves something to be desired lol.

Cobaiye

Can't believe they're wasting time modelling more of these crappy concept cars that no one will remember in a month while cars like these are still standards:

PD does not model Vision GT cars. Those are modeled by their respective manufacters and then sent to PD. That's why a lot of them don't have interior as the manufacters don't take time to model it.

Momentary

Banned
PD does not model Vision GT cars. Those are modeled by their respective manufacters and then sent to PD. That's why a lot of them don't have interior as the manufacters don't take time to model it.

I think he actually means taking the time to model them in the game. Because they still have to do that part of it

Mascot

I don't know if the boost in pre-order boost in sales are legit or not. But I wouldn't be pre-ordering it due to little information on the game and the PSVR announcement.

...or on the recent news that Sony-published games won't support Fanatec wheels. Active interest in GTS died when I heard that announcement.

So Sony just had Fanatec remove the playstation branding from their website because they are bot "official" PS4 products. I'm now 99% sure I wont be able to use my Fanatec wheel with the new GT when you combine that with the response about Fanatec wheels in drive club.

DKHF

I was referring to this post.
Oh, well that French journalist who visited Polyphony said everything that was supposed to happen in March was delayed (if not confirmed to him by PD staff he was at least taking an educated guess) so I doubt we will get GT Sport news this month.

Cyril Drevet (TV journalist working for the french motor show called Turbo) says he went to PD and met the staff. He says :
- there's still a lot of work
- all things that were supposed to come out in march (beta, announcements, ...) will be delayed
- he (his personal opinion) doesn't think the final version of GT Sports will be released in 2016
- GT Sports will be heavily oriented to e-sports, to be "the" race cars esport game (targeting EVO and stuff).

He's NOT saying the beta would be released at the end of the year, he just doesn't know when it'll be released, but definitelty not in march.

True.
But Drevet is not working for Gameblog, he's a guest in this podcast.
His main job is Turbo : http://www.turbo.fr/

sTiTcH AU

So Sony just had Fanatec remove the playstation branding from their website because they are bot "official" PS4 products. I'm now 99% sure I wont be able to use my Fanatec wheel with the new GT when you combine that with the response about Fanatec wheels in drive club.

You have got to be kidding me. Going totally backwards if Fanatec gear won't work with GT:Sport and GT7.

The one thing that puts me off console sim racing is this whole wheel compatibility business.

What am I supposed to do, have a separate wheel for each platform AND then each generation after that?

Not happening.

Mascot

Only 99% sure? The dream is dead, son. Move on.

Is that Bell and Ross car even GT related? There's no branding on it at all.

Maybe that website dropped a bollock, the lights and flames are mirrored in the body work so it's not GT unless Polyphony have upgraded since the first GTS trailer?

Blacked out windows on track?

One of Route 7s tunnels?

What's Amar say?

The car looks better than any VGT shown so far.

benzy

It's not a Vision GT car or even Gran Turismo related. The dude just made the car to get inspiration for some new watch designs...

https://www.gtplanet.net/bell-ross-to-reveal-aero-gt-concept-for-gran-turismo-at-baselworld/
UPDATE: It looks like TF1 jumped the gun on the Gran Turismo connection, as the car has been officially unveiled without any mention of the Vision GT project. Sorry to all for the misunderstanding!

http://www.bellross.com/mods/watches/BR-03-Aero-GT/
THE ROAD AND THE TIME... THE AEROGT

«Every year, in order to create new models, I need new sources of inspiration,» admits Bruno Belamich, our creative director. «Following the success of our B-Rocket motorbike in 2014, I wanted to go even further and design the Bell & Ross car. The aim was to produce a car that can ‘hold its own’, even amongst automotive professionals. But above all, this real challenge was a great joy,» remembers the designer. «The AeroGT concept car was the starting point for the creation of a new pair of watches inspired by the automotive world – the BR 03 AeroGT models.»

Top Bottom