• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Beta Thread

Gestault

one pics interesting from GTplanet
1497125261-xukv40.png

Confirmation that the gravel spray is a well-made particle/shader solution, but when one of those can expand around a full camera FOV, that's a good sign.

Tomorrow's Preshow Livestream starts 5pm. 5:30 to 6:00pm is a PD Tour, GT S trailer, release period announcement. http://ow.ly/JLkG30cvgqz

I doubt that means they're skipping on showing it. The timing is perfect for a release this year, so some stage content followed by show-floor sessions would be the best plan. I'd think they're just trying to keep people expecting it, so they don't think it skipped this year.

benzy

So basically PD will have 30 minutes to themselves, better than a short segment on the E3 stage. They'll probably just play a GTS trailer at Sony's E3 pres.

Gestault

So basically PD will have 30 minutes to themselves, better than a short segment on the E3 stage. They'll probably just play a GTS trailer at Sony's E3 pres.

Even just a feature reveal slideshow, followed by a "bring it all together" trailer, and an announcement of the next phase of the beta would be impressive in its own right.

Egoista is one of the most daft cars I've ever seen.

It's a car that's stupid and over the top just because it can be. I view it as what supercars should be. Just absolutely batshit crazy in design. And the Egoista could go even more in that direction because they only made one of them.

Well in the preshow the game will have 30 minutes of coverage.

A lot more time that it could have at the conference.

We will probably have a lot of news tomorrow.

Let's go:

ADEatUa.gif

E3 would generally be the wrong audience to make a massive showcase of this with, but 3-6 months from release and the slow stagnation of this series for the past ~5 years means Sony needs to build up all the hype it can, and E3 does make international gaming headlines.

Forza 7 is sliding more toward the arcade side of things, so this is a chance for GT to say it's decisively different. Goddamn the weather looks good in Forza, though, holy shit.

GTS theme song coming in tomorrow as well

So in the Pre-Show livestream of the PlayStation Press Conference starting from 17:00, somewhere from 17:30 to 18:00 will be scenes from a Polyphony Digital Studio tour and the latest GT Sport Trailer that includes a release period announcement.
This trailer also serves as the announcement for the theme music of GT Sport.

Daiki Kasho or a licensed song?

l2ounD

So in the Pre-Show livestream of the PlayStation Press Conference starting from 17:00, somewhere from 17:30 to 18:00 will be scenes from a Polyphony Digital Studio tour and the latest GT Sport Trailer that includes a release period announcement.
This trailer also serves as the announcement for the theme music of GT Sport.

I thought we already had a release period in 2017, Are they gonna go Fall 2017... Gimme a date PD!

m7oIYdT.gif

benzy

They started letting us select rain tires in the beta for some reason, not sure when this started. Weird considering we were only able to choose hard tires before, now only hard, intermediate, and wet can be chosen. It also never gets wet in the beta lmao.

URdIZg.png

Given that these recent improvements were being pushed to the beta, I wouldn't expect them to be collected into one of their signature trailers.

I have no interest in Gran Turismo, but I'm happy to see people excited about it. Always nice to see bases covered in the gaming world.

Pachimari

I've been in the beta since the start and still haven't played it. I got a headache for some reason. I still got the gold steelbook pre ordered though. How long will the beta run? Cause I need me a setup for my wheel and pedals first.

Sebmugi

PD paint work From GT planet ;)

Tried to take some pictures of the paintwork. On road cars with light colors is more easy to see when the sunlight hits them.

Audi TTS

granturismosportversiibsvk.png

Ford Focus

granturismosportversifjs2h.png

granturismosportversi06siq.png

granturismosportversibussi.png

Mush

The music was whack but gosh dang it do PD know how to put together a trailer.

I saw what looked like rallycross/gymkhana on Northern Isle Speedway as well as Mount Panarama and Suzuka.

Top Bottom