• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto IV thread of hype and stray bullets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dreamt I was playing GTA 4 last night, yeah its that bad, but it had horrrrrible jaggies and I was depressed, then I woke up and I was like ZOMG good it was just dream.

Zep said:
I would like if they went overseas...Anywhere.

GTA: Bangkok....omg make it happen. it would be fricken sweet

jacking a tuk tuk, doing drive bys on little food stands, running over stray dogs, picking up transvestite prostitutes, getting stuck in hour long traffic...

hmm, actually,nvm, instead....make it GTA: asia, and u have bangkok, japan, south korea, and i guess china. and to get to each city, you'd have to fly (of course)

newsguy

lol @ "we're so fly" ad at the airport. Also, that bike is too fucking cool. It's like streetfighter style (meaning the front end is stripped bare other than a lamp) but it has semi-chopper forks. It's like a hybrid chopper/streetbike. I love it.

Cardon

IcebergSlim3000 said:
GTA Chicago during the Scarface era. Make it happen.

I think something along those lines, such as perhaps having a game take place in the '50s, would be cool but wouldn't the radio station aspect of the game suck? I know they had radios in cars in 1950 but I don't really see the selection of music being that pleasing compared to what we've been used to for the past few years.

traveler

Not Wario
GTA: Tokyo

I was hoping that was sort of what Yakuza would end up being, but it didn't even come close. (Not saying I didn't like it, on the contrary, I loved it- it just wasn't trying to be a GTA style game)

I'd also like to see a GTA: Berlin or GTA: Moscow.

ChrisD84

dabookerman said:
Im gonna bet that this voucher of theirs is a bunch of £2.50 off Fifa, £2.50 off Wii part games etc

Of course :p

Just switched my pre-order to here from GAME using the special delivery option, so hopefully it arrives on the day of release!

dejay

Banned
Scopebob Sniperpants said:
The website is getting pounded already. It's almost as bad as the last trailer update.

GTA addicts pounding the F5 key. I think we're just gonna get a bunch of screen shots we've already seen in scans but the music should be interesting.

Just a random thought, but how is Wal-Mart for preorders? I got my preorder through them because I had a gift card on me and GTAIV was fresh on my mind at the time. I only really have experience pre-odering through EB, and the only games I've ever pre-ordered were Vice City and San Andreas. :D

Socreges

Banned
Agent Ironside said:
Wasnt there some serious GTA: Bogota talk?
...really? I spent December in Bogota. Interesting city, but I'm not sure what it would offer to entice Rockstar. No hills, no real bridges. I suppose the story would be interesting if they tie it to narco-trafficking, civil war, and corrupt government.

But yeah, I really don't believe they would ever seriously consider it.

dejay

Banned
Official site is updated - at least screenie wise.

2njx5j4.jpg

72u33d.jpg

Niko's been a naughty boy.

guise

If bullet holes stay in cars, i hope blood stains like those stay on your clothes. It would be awesome if peds freak out if they see you covered in blood.

raYne

guise said:
If bullet holes stay in cars, i hope blood stains like those stay on your clothes. It would be awesome if peds freak out if they see you covered in blood.
Confirmed already. You have to change your stained clothes to get the cops off your back.

X26

Banned
holy shit at that explosion, I hope that's not just from a cutscene and we can expect that kind of thing whenever

dejay

Banned
That explosion looks epic. The use of a zoom lens (narrow FOV) makes it look bigger than it probably is, but damn, that's fucking nice. There appears to be a ped or cop sitting on his arse on the right of that screen - knocked down Euphoria style by the explosion maybe?

"I'm married to 2 women. My wife, the second person i'm married to? America. Now here's my thing, I won't go down south on either."

:lol :lol

Ranger X

WOW @ the explosion.

Please don't be just a cut scene.
Please don't be just a cut-scene.

"Let me guess who's at work busting his ass all day, let me guess who makes the most money. I know, it's the man! You know who's made the most money throughout history? The man! Who have been the great leaders? Men! Who fought the best wars? Men! Who makes the best murderers? Men! Who invented the plague? Men! We've done it all, bitch! We run this show!"

:lol

They're definitely going to top GTA3's talk radio station.

painey

BadAss84 said:
Of course :p

Just switched my pre-order to here from GAME using the special delivery option, so hopefully it arrives on the day of release!

If you use the free delivery option with Game you are actually more likely to receive the game on release date, or even on the Thursday.

dejay

Banned
8bit said:
SUPERNATURE! FUCK YEAH!

watch

I have a soft spot for funk and disco, so it's good to see both genres covered in two of the radio stations revealed.

SolidSnakex said:
"Let me guess who's at work busting his ass all day, let me guess who makes the most money. I know, it's the man! You know who's made the most money throughout history? The man! Who have been the great leaders? Men! Who fought the best wars? Men! Who makes the best murderers? Men! Who invented the plague? Men! We've done it all, bitch! We run this show!"

:lol

They're definitely going to top GTA3's talk radio station.

It already sounds fantastic and I suspect the best is yet to come. Between WKTT and Weazel the conservative media is gonna be in for a huge satirical pounding.

dejay said:
watch

I have a soft spot for funk and disco, so it's good to see both genres covered in two of the radio stations revealed.
Oh yeah baby, that's what I'm talking about. The radio is going to be killer in this game. Funk and disco stations always feel so much better in GTA than the rock and rap stations, at least for me.

dejay

Banned
I just realised that there are still 14 more radio stations to be revealed - San Andreas only had 11 stations all up!

For those in New York

In honor of the release of Grand Theft Auto IV this April 29th, and its epic in-game soundtrack inspired by the diverse sounds of New York City -- Rockstar will be presenting and recommending this series of special music events in the New York metro area happening throughout the spring. Check back here frequently for up-to-date info as each event draws nearer as well as for info on more events to be announced.

http://rockstargames.com/IV/events/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom