• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto IV thread of hype and stray bullets

Status
Not open for further replies.
SolidSnakex said:
2m7vzb6.jpg

"Let's smoke the tyres and light the fires, big daddy!" (respect for the person who knows where that quotes from ;))

It really does make me wanna dance ;) :D

Tr4nce

Ranger X said:
I can't trust them this much. They probably didn't mind it or something. I'm betting its in the game just like previous GTAs had some filters going on anyways.
I hope there's an option to turn it off again. I always turned their stupid effects off in previous games in order for it to actually look better. I don't what they are thinking just by making those.

Hmm, I actually thought that leaving the filters you speak of, called 'Trails' in the options, turned on made GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas look alot better. The trails in VC made the game look much more summerish and sunny for some reason.

Ranger X said:
I can't trust them this much. They probably didn't mind it or something. I'm betting its in the game just like previous GTAs had some filters going on anyways.
I hope there's an option to turn it off again. I always turned their stupid effects off in previous games in order for it to actually look better. I don't what they are thinking just by making those.

What filters? And how did you turn them off? Did it make the game run smoother?
I'm quite interested by that ;)

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
VindicatorZ said:
Lol so killing animals confirmed? ;)

1206054951.jpg

What I'm liking in this shot is that not only do the buildings to the right look enterable (a bar for example) but that the windows in the buildings are lit up and it seems like you can even see inside some of them. I wonder if we can look into apartments, and actually go into the elevator up to the floor and go in there. I'm sure we'll do that for some missions, but it'd be pretty amazing if they created tons of different apartments and homes we could barge into and rob.

maybe someday, but right now it would take very long periods of times to design and populate with objects every room in order to make them interesting enough so that you won`t see two room that are identical.

maybe with Procedural generation we can have thousands of fully modeled rooms in the future.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Oh damn I can't wait till I see the T.V related commercial I want to see and hear what song they choose to advertise the game that is always the home run.

brandonh83 said:
Will Smith's air force partner in Independence Day? :lol

Respect to you :lol

Will Smith was Big Daddy and Harry Conick Jr (spelling?) was The Reverend :)
I love that movie :)
When Randy Quaid says "Tell my children I love them very much" and flys into the spaceship :( Always makes me cry, such a brave man :) :lol

Ranger X

Ballistics said:
What filters? And how did you turn them off? Did it make the game run smoother?
I'm quite interested by that ;)

If you go in the options you will see something called "trails" (at least that's the name in GTA3). Turn this off and it will remove the fake motion blur from the game. It will make it alot more clear and sharp. Will also reveal you the real colors of the textures 'cause the effect seems to taint the overall look of the game.
In my opinion it looks ALOT better with trails off.

Ranger X said:
If you go in the options you will see something called "trails" (at least that's the name in GTA3). Turn this off and it will remove the fake motion blur from the game. It will make it alot more clear and sharp. Will also reveal you the real colors of the textures 'cause the effect seems to taint the overall look of the game.
In my opinion it looks ALOT better with trails off.

Oh yeah, it's almost HD :lol Well maybe not HD, but it is FAR better ;)

Nice one :)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm sure this is going to be an amazing game in its own right... but I can't help thinking how GTA games always influence other devs.

I kinda hope GTA pushes other devs to pick up some of the tech: I hope euphoria becomes the next havok.

I want to see that shit everywhere. It's too awesome.

Big_T

I got free gamerpics code from amazon.

the email:
The Amazon Video Games team thanks you for your pre-order of Grand Theft Auto IV for Xbox 360. Now it's time to get you access to your Xbox Live Gamerpics.

Here is your Grand Theft Auto IV pre-order code(s):

Big_T said:

the email:
The Amazon Video Games team thanks you for your pre-order of Grand Theft Auto IV for Xbox 360. Now it's time to get you access to your Xbox Live Gamerpics.

You forgot to copy the code.

MercuryLS

Banned
recklessmind said:
I'm sure this is going to be an amazing game in its own right... but I can't help thinking how GTA games always influence other devs.

I kinda hope GTA pushes other devs to pick up some of the tech: I hope euphoria becomes the next havok.

I want to see that shit everywhere. It's too awesome.

It will, I'm so happy R* decided to use it, it's going to become a standard because of them.

Stantron

Big_T said:

the email:

so, huh, let's see what you're work'n with. aka PICS!

Capoeira

SolidSnakex said:
According to GTAForums, an easter egg was found when OPM played GTA4. They shot a pigeon and it explained then a message popped up saying "1 of 100 flying rats". The Rockstar rep told them they weren't supposed to find that.
Could that be GTAIV's version of hidden packages? :O

Credit to Reconator from GTAForums

Was at work today and read the lastest NUTS mag. It had a Hand-on for GTA.

What they said..

* Taking Control of Eastern European bruiser Niko is like being immersed in a personal action movie, with movie-quailty explosions and cut-scenes.

* The game features 18 radio stations, playing everything from old-school '80s hits to moden R'n'B numbers.

*To fully appreciate the cty, take a ride in a cab and switch to "Movie" mode-prepare to be gobsmacked as the camera angle changed to reveal the massive scale of the game!

* The game is full of Brillian details for example, drive over a fire hydrant in a two-seater sports car, and the water pressure hurls you into the sky!

* Side games lift GTA IV even further above the competition. We found a "Rats with wings" game, in which you have to wipe out Liberty City's pigeon population. It's a crimson explosion of feathers and blood!

* We kept getting calls from a girl called Michelle who was keen to "hook up". Unfortunately, the R* Rep denied us, saying the level wasnt ready yet.

* In drive-by shooting mode, you get to blast baddies from all angels. In some missions you can even drop grenades behind you.

*When Niko cops it, the Scorsese style direction kicks in. Colour changes to black and white and Niko sinks to his knees in slow-motion as the screen fades to black.

*With over 50 hours of gameplay promised, plus 18-player online battles, we recommed clearing your diary for the week after the games 29 april release date.

I'm glad 80's music (Flashback FM?) is confirmed. I guess the 18 player online battles is a misprint.

dejay

Banned
Capoeira said:
Could that be GTAIV's version of hidden packages? :O

I hope it's not like SA's horseshoes, tags, photos and oysters - that was just too much shit to find. With the hidden packages they've been posting to fan sites I was hoping the hidden packages (and nothing else) were making a return.

Salazar

JB are running a trailer for this on a loop, and the amount of people in the store just plain glued to the screen this morning was amazing.

guidop

Salazar said:
JB are running a trailer for this on a loop, and the amount of people in the store just plain glued to the screen this morning was amazing.

Shit which JB? I always lol when i see poeple in awe of games, crack the biggest grin :)

dejay

Banned
JB in Campbelltown have been looping the trailers on the big screen out the front on and off for months. This morning, however, with the game barely more than a month away they were playing some Futurama.

newsguy

If anyone wants their mind blown, check out the GTA4.net where you can read the entire 8 page play article. There's some exciting info in there.

Capoeira

dejay said:
I hope it's not like SA's horseshoes, tags, photos and oysters - that was just too much shit to find. With the hidden packages they've been posting to fan sites I was hoping the hidden packages (and nothing else) were making a return.
Agreed.

I also hope you unlock things at increments of 10, rather than the full 100. I hated that in San Andreas.

GavinGT

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Credit to Reconator from GTAForums

I'm glad 80's music (Flashback FM?) is confirmed. I guess the 18 player online battles is a misprint.

Considering that every other word is a typo, I'd say that's a fair estimation.

Let's hope that this game is similar to Super Smash Bros. In that it may take upwards of 5-6 years for gamers to unearth every detail possible.

I can imagine it now. Fast forward 6 months:
"I started to play gta4 again for some reason and I accidentally stumbled upon a note that's taped under the desk in the last room of the submarine. If you perform the command, Niko will sing "New York, New York" and you'll receive a top hat as a wardrobe item @_@"

I'm calling this one.

After reading that article, its very safe to say that this will be all im playing for a long, long time. Looks like my COD4 playing time could be cut completely.

Salazar

guidop said:
Shit which JB? I always lol when i see poeple in awe of games, crack the biggest grin :)

Robina Town Centre - Queensland. People were losing their spots in the queues because they were turned around to watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom