• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto Online: Official Gameplay Video, launches October 1st

SJRB

Gold Member
does anyone have the feeling, that it seems like Michael is the main character of the trio

official-screenshot-michael-relaxing.jpg

He certainly is mine. I find the idea of retired criminal being bored to tears by everyday life and going back to a life of crime very cool.

Plus he wears suits. And suits are boss.

He certainly is mine. I find the idea of retired criminal being bored to tears by everyday life and going back to a life of crime very cool.

Plus he wears suits. And suits are boss.

yes, Michael is my favorite, followed by Trevor

im not to keen on Franklin, and its not because he's black, but its just another rags to riches story

even Dan Houser said that Franklin was the "traditional gta protagonist of the 3"

Fjordson

does anyone have the feeling, that it seems like Michael is the main character of the trio

A little bit. He's my favourite of the three. Others have said this many times, but to me he's basically Tony Soprano mixed with De Niro in Heat. And based on what we've heard so far his voice acting is really good.

Yes, because he is. Right?
I don't know if they've said he is specifically, but it sort of feels like that. He is the first protagonist you control in the game.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Shit he has a X360 controller in his hands. GTA V will be better on Xbox 360 confirmed.

gta-v-de-mogelijkheden-1024x640.jpg

Prologue

Wonder how serious the story mode is going to be. 3 people doing heists, stuff has to go down. I wouldn't mind there being only two guys towards the end.

I'm rooting for Franklin I love me a good from rags to riches story. I can see it clearly. Franklin begins to get the dough and his old homies grow to become his haters and want to take him down. Or something along those lines.

Raptomex

Wonder how serious the story mode is going to be. 3 people doing heists, stuff has to go down. I wouldn't mind there being only two guys towards the end.
I'm betting the last few missions involve a fallout between the group and you decide who wins and gets away with it all.
Could be, hopefully it's like GTA IV and depending on your choices you're given a different final mission.
I really hope we don't have to kill one of the characters off. I really want to be able to switch between all 3 no matter what happens. Also, losing a character would also mean you would lose the ability to do their specific side missions. It would also mean you lose a guy who has a the best stat for something. For example, you can upgrade everybody's flying stat, but Trevor will always be the best pilot. The side mission thing kind of bothers me because I always go through the story first then when it's completed I begin doing everything else.

I'm rooting for Franklin I love me a good from rags to riches story. I can see it clearly. Franklin begins to get the dough and his old homies grow to become his haters and want to take him down. Or something along those lines.

see, i dont see how franklin is more appealing then michael

see, i dont see how franklin is more appealing then michael

Don't get me wrong I find that R* has managed to make them all equally interesting, wacky and fun. But my personal preferences lead me to root for Franklin. Might also have to be that it seems that Groove Street gang is back. Nostalgia does that too you.

SJRB

Gold Member
28 days!

Please tell me I am not the only one who watches one of the trailers every day? This is getting crazy, haha.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
28 days!

Please tell me I am not the only one who watches one of the trailers every day? This is getting crazy, haha.

I just watched every single GTA V trailer they've released yet.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Can you dive and shoot from the ground like Max? Haven't seen that in a trailer yet.

Probably not I'd imagine... don't want to be too much like Payne.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Not too sure. Would be good though.

Max rolling around prone, shooting in all directions is really cool... I would love to see it. I just wonder if they think they'd be blurring the lines too much by adopting that for GTA.

I also like how Max holds the large weapons in his offhand while firing the pistol, but I'm guessing with the weapons wheel in GTA we probably wont see that?

Oh well.

Kikarian

Max rolling around prone, shooting in all directions is really cool... I would love to see it. I just wonder if they think they'd be blurring the lines too much by adopting that for GTA.

I also like how Max holds the large weapons in his offhand while firing the pistol, but I'm guessing with the weapons wheel in GTA we probably wont see that?

Oh well.
Yeah, I'm guessing they won't want to incorporate too much from Max Payne to GTA V.

It would be nice to have though.

Aye, definitely think that Michael has the most fleshed out story and is the main character. Most of the trailers focused on him, even Trevor's begin with Michael introducing him. You see more of Michael's world in his trailer and the others, knowing most of the characters he interacts with, where as with Franklin you've really only met his one stupid friend and Trevor you don't know of or really hear about any of his associates (some appear, but they're speechless in the trailers).

Michael seems to be the main focus. You begin the game as him (I believe) and then the other characters are introduced.

Fjordson

You begin the game as him (I believe) and then the other characters are introduced.
I can't wait to check out that intro. Won't spoil it for people who haven't read about it, but some previews talked about it since it was in the hands-off demo R* gave to the press. It's supposedly pretty cool.

28 more days!

Zep

Banned
I can't wait to check out that intro. Won't spoil it for people who haven't read about it, but some previews talked about it since it was in the hands-off demo R* gave to the press. It's supposedly pretty cool.

I recently saw the San Andreas intro for the first time. Even when I first bought it, I skipped it just to get to the main menu.

Alienous

I wonder how many GTA V Collector's Edition's will be sold, and therefore how many Niko's/CJ's/Tommy's and Claude's we'll see running around GTA Online.

That said, it would be kind of cool to play GTA Online's story through as Niko.

"You need to representite yourself"
"Heh ... in the old country, we pronounce it as 'represent'".

i hope for storyline purposes, the heists we do in online arn't as complex as the single player ones...

online takes place before the events of 5

Michael is a master bank robber...... so he sees the events of whats going on in online, and he's like "amateurs" and so he decides to recruit franklin and get trevor back will they will pull of grander heists

i will say this though, and you can quote me on this when it comes out

"I believe Michael and Trevor are brothers.." straight up

it only makes sense

Top Bottom