• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto Online: Official Gameplay Video, launches October 1st

UrbanRats

GTAV XMB theme:
http://youtu.be/AC4k-IkFd4U

for comparison, the GTA IV one:
http://youtu.be/5alH69zDvPA

Oh you know the soundtrack is going to be that good.

ioeg9ABGxSC4g.gif

No way R* would allow pre-loads without making sure critical code was removed that would prevent the game from being run. That won't stop people trying tho.

Sooo people have managed to get the files from the PS3 pre-load and are now starting to decrypt them....

This is a quote from one of the decrypters:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=575841&view=findpost&p=1063027978

Yeah this actually kind of sucks. I mean, Rockstar should have known that this would happen obviously, but it'll basically just ruin it for everybody else because no game company will allow preloads if people can crack the games with the preload data.

HL2 was one of the most hyped preloads in my memory, and even though that game had so much hype, it wasn't cracked even with the preload... so hoping GTA5 isn't cracked.

If this were a week before release it'd be one thing.. 3 1/2 weeks though.. eh.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Guess it's time to stop coming in here... see you folks in a little less than a month!

BFIB

My hype levels are at max. Replaying GTA IV: Episodes from LC right now, but its not satisfying my GTA need.

I don't remember the last time I was this hyped for a game.

grkazan12

Posted in the other recent GTA Thread, but hoping I could get some more opinions from here.

Hey quick question, would love to hear your opinions on this matter.

Have a PS3 and 360, the only person I plan on playing GTA V with is my brother (he has a 360 also), but my Live runs out this December. I don't plan on re-subbing to Live after it runs out in December, so I would just be playing solo at that point. We also plan to drop both versions once the PC version comes out. Also getting PS4 in October.

The only reason I'm thinking about the PS3 version is because the PS4 will be my main console for next gen, so I could at least get some trophies for it.

I know it's a trivial situation and question, but I just can't decide on a version to get.

*Won't care about these current gen versions once PC version comes out.*

My hype levels are at max. Replaying GTA IV: Episodes from LC right now, but its not satisfying my GTA need.

I don't remember the last time I was this hyped for a game.

I was very hyped for IV, but I really can't remember the last time I was this hyped.

Honestly, though, GTAOnline somehow made me LESS HYPED for Sept 17. I remember feeling a tinge of disappoint realziing that all of the insane stuff we've heard about over the last week and a half will take 2 weeks longer. Not upset about it,and I think it's better in the long run, but still like "damn!"

Some more GTAO info on character creation:

Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online (Collector's Edition only)
GTA Online introduces a new spin on traditional character creation with the hereditary-based creation system.Select your character’s appearance by choosing your parent’s heritage, then use the gene dominance meter to dial-in which parent your appearance favors more. Additionally, you'll customize your character's daily activities - everything from family time to illegal work and sports to couch potato hours all have an impact on your character’s appearance and skill set (and you can always rank up your skill stats more via gameplay).

As part of the Collector’s Edition package, you'll get Niko Bellic, along with both Claude and Misty from Grand Theft Auto III to use as parent options within the character creation system.

Top Bottom