• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto Online: Official Gameplay Video, launches October 1st

Well as long as you are on a quest to lighten the mood....I look forward to your next attempt at trolling.

I would have laughed if it was funny, but I was just trying to make sure you knew the truth. You know, helping you out.

humor is subjective, but thats not the point really

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Already got leaked lol
5dVAubA.jpg

7302-buzzfeed-interview-5.jpg

CF22

Lol, looks terrible. What did they do to the wheel arches and why am I seeing so much exposed rubber? MAKE THEM FLUSH! It's like they tried to do a wide body modification, but did it half way.

The body is on backwards. The should've used a Fiero donor to make an Infernus instead.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Is it safe to assume that ps3 was the lead platform? None of my friends have PS3s so if I wanted to play online it would be on xbox...

PC. ;)

But in reality we don't really know. I am curious to see how Digital Foundry and the other sites rate the two versions.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Here you go:

And, of course, the single-player demo we saw was also demoed on PS3. Is PS3 your lead platform?

Not really. This is probably the first game we've done where both platforms have been running in parallel. There's very, very little difference in the development state of them both. They're both very similar. It would be hard to tell them apart.

This damn game comes out so soon. Man that's exciting.

So I have a few questions about how online worked in Red Dead, played that game and love the single player but for some reason never touched the multiplayer. Since people keep saying that it worked a lot like how GTA 5 looks like it will can someone explain it? I played GTA 4 online and it had lobbies to take you to specific modes, deathmatch, race etc.... Did RDR have those too? All I hear is it was just a open world that players dropped in and out of.

That is kinda how 5 looks to, but I feel like I'm missing something and not quite able to get my head around it for some reason. Like were there lobbies that could take you directly in to a game type in RDR as well? Or was it like here's a bunch of players, have at it and make up your own games?

abundant

Sony fucked up bigtime. The pre-load was obviously released early, so they pulled it. Some people finished their pre-load and are now working hard to crack it. Anyone worried about spoilers, beware as the info should be up by tomorrow.

Simo

This damn game comes out so soon. Man that's exciting.

So I have a few questions about how online worked in Red Dead, played that game and love the single player but for some reason never touched the multiplayer. Since people keep saying that it worked a lot like how GTA 5 looks like it will can someone explain it? I played GTA 4 online and it had lobbies to take you to specific modes, deathmatch, race etc.... Did RDR have those too? All I hear is it was just a open world that players dropped in and out of.

That is kinda how 5 looks to, but I feel like I'm missing something and not quite able to get my head around it for some reason. Like were there lobbies that could take you directly in to a game type in RDR as well? Or was it like here's a bunch of players, have at it and make up your own games?

When you launched RDR's multiplayer it dropped you right in Free Roam. From there you could either bring up an in-game menu to switch to specific game modes, like Deathmatch, Poker etc, and co-op missions or there would be checkpoints in the Free Roam world usually in towns that you could use to switch lobbies and modes. I guess GTAV is doing it the same way where you can either bring up a menu to switch to Deathmatch lobbies or find a checkpoint in the world and launch from there?

Honestly though, aside from Poker and co-op missions, me and my buddies never ventured from Free Roam so I'm glad there'll be a shit ton of stuff for us to do in the world.

Sony fucked up bigtime. The pre-load was obviously released early, so they pulled it. Some people finished their pre-load and are now working hard to crack it. Anyone worried about spoilers, beware as the info should be up by tomorrow.

Yeah I see someone is claiming to already have cracked the models for the cars and pedestrians and audio for cutscenes. Nice one Sony. =/

Dug

Banned
Sooo people have managed to get the files from the PS3 pre-load and are now starting to decrypt them....

This is a quote from one of the decrypters:

OpenIV

gtavpkgrpf7.png

Okay, we have new RPF7 here, so currently .black/OpenIV can't open it.
I have files, and I will research it. You can expect some news from me later today when I back to home from work.
This is incredible, new era begins now.

See you, and remember OpenIV is only tool you need for GTA IV/V modding Ha-Ha :)

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=575841&view=findpost&p=1063027978

Prologue

Sooo people have managed to get the files from the PS3 pre-load and are now starting to decrypt them....

This is a quote from one of the decrypters:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=575841&view=findpost&p=1063027978

Yea, this isn't going to turn out well. Expect gameplay videos by tomorrow morning and major spoilers by the end of the weekend.

Not even a month yet and the game hasn't gone gold...

Dug

Banned
Yea, this isn't going to turn out well. Expect gameplay videos by tomorrow morning and major spoilers by the end of the weekend.

I don't think we will be seeing gameplay per se but I do think we will see other tidbits of info...maybe a map!

Also to note: That guy I quoted is the lead developer of openIV which is essential a modding tool for GTA IV and EFLC.

Simo

So does the XMB menu have music like GTAIV or not? Someone upload it for gods sake!

Yeah. Someone on the GTAForums posted it but the quality was crap, but basically sounds like some of the score in the gameplay video.

From what I'm seeing Ps3 preloads have never been cracked completely so that they will run. Regardless the first week of September, or the 2nd, the 360 version will leak it always does.

For anyone looking to avoid spoilers I would put your guard up September 1st, and not let it down until you beat the game just to be safe. I have a feeling this game will have several
"Roman Dies"
moments.

Fjordson

Ah yes, can't wait for all the little leaks between now and release. Hype hype hype.

Trophy platinum looks dope. Love the nod to Bigfoot.

Prologue

From what I'm seeing Ps3 preloads have never been cracked completely so that they will run. Regardless the first week of September, or the 2nd, the 360 version will leak it always does.

For anyone looking to avoid spoilers I would put your guard up September 1st, and not let it down until you beat the game just to be safe. I have a feeling this game will have several
"Roman Dies"
moments.

I hope thats the case. Things always tend to crack during important releases.

Mr YuYu

I'm still not sure what system to preorder this on :-/

What was the consensus on GTA 4? Was the PS3 better or 360? Where there big differences?

UrbanRats

It's on the side of the police cars I think.
Yeah.
I'm still not sure what system to preorder this on :-/

What was the consensus on GTA 4? Was the PS3 better or 360? Where there big differences?
GTAIV was better on 360.
This one we don't know yet, though i've gone with the 360 version because i like the pad more and i think this one will be (marginally) better on it, too.

All the footage shown was apparently from PS3, though.

Yeah.

GTAIV was better on 360.
This one we don't know yet, though i've gone with the 360 version because i like the pad more and i think this one will be (marginally) better on it, too.

All the footage shown was apparently from PS3, though.

I would not bet on the 360 or PS3 to be superior over one another. It has been more than 4 years since GTA IV released and Rockstar were rookies in this current gen departement when they developed it.

Even if it might happen that one is better I highly doubt the differences will be huge.

Top Bottom