• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto |OT| NO GIANT SHARKS

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I thought he was much better than Niko. His first interaction with Yusuf Amir cracked me up.
He's kind of the first 'male power fantasy 'type character in the series, really, or he fits the most bills. Young, good looking, rich, feels 'known' in his city, and he even doesn't take peoples' shit as much as a lot of other protags, like the 'you greaseball fuck' line.

And at the same time, his lows feel like some of the lowest. The shit with his family and his friends constantly shitting on him, his best friend's a terrible drug addict with a mooch for a boyfriend, and I LOVE the dynamic between him and Tony. The fact that he can't just fuck up the mobsters because Tony owes them money. All that is good stuff.

He's kind of the first 'male power fantasy 'type character in the series, really, or he fits the most bills. Young, good looking, rich, feels 'known' in his city, and he even doesn't take peoples' shit as much as a lot of other protags, like the 'you greaseball fuck' line.

And at the same time, his lows feel like some of the lowest. The shit with his family and his friends constantly shitting on him, his best friend's a terrible drug addict with a mooch for a boyfriend, and I LOVE the dynamic between him and Tony. The fact that he can't just fuck up the mobsters because Tony owes them money. All that is good stuff.

That's not really low. Niko's & Johnny's situations are much worse, they had people close to them killed & they have no family.

So I was listening to the GTA V o'clock thing (jesus these guys are boring/longwinded) and they get to mentioning triathlons.

I thought they were tediously boring in San Andreas so I thought of an idea on how to spice them up.

It'd be cool if you could like Road Rash other runners and if most of the race was being recorded but there were faux camera "blind spots" where you could fuck with the other entrants elsewise you'd get DQ'ed.

I don't know, not the best idea, but I think they need to do something other than "tap A for 20 minutes".

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's not really low. Niko's & Johnny's situations are much worse, they had people close to them killed & they have no family.

But those people respected and liked Niko and Johnny, for the most part, when they were around. Or if they hated them, they ALWAYS hated them. Luis loses the respect of his family and friends simply because he's out their making a living, something that none of them could do.

I hate Luis to be honest.

He's boring and generic and when he's not that he's a complete pushover.
If Niko had decided to become best friends with Vlad is how I see Luis with Armando and Henrique.

I wanted to shoot those morons in the face.

And as much as I like Johnny, not much depth to him from what I can remember.

shield

So I was listening to the GTA V o'clock thing (jesus these guys are boring/longwinded) and they get to mentioning triathlons.

I thought they were tediously boring in San Andreas so I thought of an idea on how to spice them up.

It'd be cool if you could like Road Rash other runners and if most of the race was being recorded but there were faux camera "blind spots" where you could fuck with the other entrants elsewise you'd get DQ'ed.

I don't know, not the best idea, but I think they need to do something other than "tap A for 20 minutes".

Wasn't there triathlons in Gay Tony?

shield

For vehicles, I thought in V they were bike/run/swim.

Ah right, haven't watched that GTA V o'clock yet, the hour+ length was a little off putting, Yeah, it was boats, cars, and sky diving in Gay Tony. Sky diving is certainly better than running or swimming.

UrbanRats

Ah right, haven't watched that GTA V o'clock yet, the hour+ length was a little off putting, Yeah, it was boats, cars, and sky diving in Gay Tony. Sky diving is certainly better than running or swimming.

The first 50 minutes are useless wanking on the new screens anyway.
After that they answer some FAQ, but with old info, nevertheless, they go in some details that they hadn't talked about before (like the "bears" thing).

shield

The first 50 minutes are useless wanking on the new screens anyway.
After that they answer some FAQ, but with old info, nevertheless, they go in some details that they hadn't talked about before (like the "bears" thing).

Bloody loved bears in Red Dead, so if they're back that's good news.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Replaying through Episodes from Liberty City, I think the thing I'm most excited for in 5 is the small details. I mean, I'm psyched to know more about the upgrades and the new gameplay features and the character's customizing, but ... I'm seeing stuff I've never even seen before on this new runthrough. I saw Burger Shot employees cleaning the walls while a hobo slept outside, I saw a guy with his car window open and he drinks a soda and then throws it on the ground, there's a cable car that I legit didn't even know existed in the game, I mean.. The game has a fucking talking GPS in certain cars, that's so insane.

They got a lot to live up to for making a living world in 5 with all the experience they have now. It reminds me of when people say that other open world games have a living world as good as GTA 4, and noooooo. Anyone who says that needs to replay 4, the amount of shit citizens do is insane.

Raptomex

Hmm who's that?
In San Andreas, off the coast of Los Santos, if you leave the beach area and make a left, somewhere along the road near the water a randomly generated pedestrian will take a photo then walk into the water and die. It's comical.
Suicidal_Photographer_location_2.png

Lol, comical indeed.

I always love those little touches in the gtas. I just picked up gta4 complete ed yesterday and I'm finally playing through sons of anarchy the game(this isn't a slight, loving it so far); there's so many little details like police pulling people over an searching their trunks, bums sleeping in alleys w trash as a blanket, etc. R* always make a city feel alive with the minutiae and the background noise.

Raptomex

Yes. The little details rule. But I think in V it needs to be more random. For example, in GTA IV, there's a spot on one of the bridges, a cop car is ALWAYS there pulling an NPC over. Another spot would be near the tolls (I think), there will ALWAYS be a helicopter that flies by. We need more randomly generated stuff. Like the vigilante missions in 4. I liked them much better than what we saw in past games, however, if you choose to take out a gang, you always end up going to the same locations after completing the most wanted lists. And the gang wars/drug wars in the Episodes games are the same thing only you have NPCs with you. But again you will always end up shooting it out in the same locations.

UrbanRats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKES3IIbTl4

This needs to be included in the game in some form. If not, we'd better at least get a custom radio station so I can listen to it while escaping the cops at night while playing as Michael.

As i said in the other thread, i hope "Nightride FM" will be about neo80s music in general, not just Kavinsky.

I love his stuff, but i would like some LazerHawk, MitchMurder, Miami Nights '84, College, Electric Youth, Perturbator and so on..

MormaPope

Banned
Long story speculation, reposting here.

Rewatching The Shield and thinking about what Dan Houser said about playing as both a protagonist and antagonist has gotten my mind racing.

After most of the heists in the game, Trevor gets tipped off about Michael ratting out on their old crew. After one of the recent heists, Michael is brought in for questioning and interrogation. Trevor gets spooked and decides to put a hit out on Michael and his entire family.

The hit goes as planned but Michael was out catching up with his daughter. Michael's son and wife are brutally murdered in a drive by style killing. Michael is horrified and enraged, and sends his daughter to Liberty City with a bunch of cash. Michael then goes to Franklin and heavily questions him, thinking he could've been the one that organized the drive by.

Franklin denies any involvement and vows that him and Michael will get the truth. Michael organizes a meeting with Trevor, Trevor and Michael meet, Trevor attempts to kill Michael and Franklin but both of them escape.

From that point civil war commences. Trevor has most if not all rural towns/gangs in his pocket. Trevor also has support and soldiers from gangs in Los Santos. Franklin has ties to his neighborhood/gang, Michael and Franklin wage war against Trevor in both Los Santos and the countryside.

Franklin eventually gets killed in one of these battles, before he dies he thinks about how he almost made it out of organized crime.

Michael without Franklin and gang support desperately goes after Trevor by targeting and destroying all investments/properties/cash stashes. With nothing to turn to, Trevor and Michael confront each other. Michael ends up killing Trevor.

Michael is now left with very little, no family, no assets, almost no cash. Getting back into the criminal lifestyle makes him lose whatever he gained by being a criminal, along with anything he earned by being legitimate.

During all of this you get to play and see all three perspectives, which would make the story very intense and play out more like a serious TV drama than a linear open world game.

It'd be interesting but I don't think any of the players will die tbh.
Purely because that would fuck with the players' accumulation of money, clothing, etc.

In San Andreas I did all of the gang wars in Los Santos only to have them wiped away 1/3 through the story. I was pissed.

It would be pretty shit game design.

I think it could potentially be a lot like Heat where
Waingrove fucks over the crew
or more likely the case of
Chris whose drinking/drug problem got too out of hand
and began to be a problem for everyone.

I'm extremely excited to see what's in store, though.

MormaPope

Banned
It'd be interesting but I don't think any of the players will die tbh.
Purely because that would fuck with the players' accumulation of money, clothing, etc.

In San Andreas I did all of the gang wars in Los Santos only to have them wiped away 1/3 through the story. I was pissed.

It would be pretty shit game design.

I think it could potentially be a lot like Heat where
Waingrove fucks over the crew
or more likely the case of
Chris whose drinking/drug problem got too out of hand
and began to be a problem for everyone.

I'm extremely excited to see what's in store, though.

Saying what the game I want the ending to be like sorta spoils the game I listed, I'll just say I want a Read Said Temptation style of character arcs, and a similar ending.

Fjordson

Lmao Morma. No spoilers here either, but I know what you mean.

Anyways, playing more Vice City yesterday and today, almost done with all of the property missions. There's a topic on GAF right now asking about people's top 5 games of all time. I knew I had to put GTA in there and thought about IV, but had to go with Vice City instead. Replaying this I'm reminded of just how great it is.

I'm really hoping there are side missions associated with the business properties in V. They provide a nice string of missions to go through outside of the story in VC.

Also, KChat is great. Everyone mentions VCPR and I love it as well, but KChat is pretty funny in its own right.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Lmao Morma. No spoilers here either, but I know what you mean.

Anyways, playing more Vice City yesterday and today, almost done with all of the property missions. There's a topic on GAF right now asking about people's top 5 games of all time. I knew I had to put GTA in there and thought about IV, but had to go with Vice City instead. Replaying this I'm reminded of just how great it is.

I'm really hoping there are side missions associated with the business properties in V. They provide a nice string of missions to go through outside of the story in VC.

Also, KChat is great. Everyone mentions VCPR and I love it as well, but KChat is pretty funny in its own right.

This is thinking way too ahead, but if R* have revisited San Andreas and Liberty City in the HD universe, surely the proper next-gen game will be set in Vice City...?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This is thinking way too ahead, but if R* have revisited San Andreas and Liberty City in the HD universe, surely the proper next-gen game will be set in Vice City...?

Has to be. There's no way they talk about making a difference between PS2 era GTA and HD characters and get rid of them in the second official title. I'm sure they'll do 5 then some DLC for it then make a Bully 2 or Agent then a Red Dead 3 then a GTA 6.

dejay

Banned
Vice City...are there any hills around Miami? Because VC was too flat.

I want something set in the '70s or '60s even. Early '70s / late '60s San Francisco would be awesome. There could be themes around civil rights, the Vietnam War, drug culture, bikies, generational conflict, corruption of hippie ideals, etc.

There are heaps of '70s shows and movies that can be referenced, some of which were set in SF as well. You could base a lot of stuff on just the Dirty Harry movies alone.

A man can dream...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If I wanted to see the 70s, I'd want to see scummy ass 70s New York, but I don't want to go right back to Liberty City, so I'd rather they wait.

rallaren

Thinking of my time with GTA games is like remembering good times with kids I don't have. I only played a few hours of IV and I didn't get the feeling of the last gen at all - maybe I've gotten too old. I hope V is better.

dreamfall

I tried to get into a Race online (PC) last night. It was lonely and depressing. Not a single join- even tried to just Quick game Team Deathmatch, after 20 minutes I gave up. I was in The Lost and the Damned.

The online modes are so awesome but so quiet on PC.

I think at this point, a good GTA IV multiplayer session on PC requires coordination upfront. The combination of GFWL, a split user base and the need to rollback to an earlier version to mod has made random sessions pretty much impossible I think.

Raptomex

If they're going to repeat a city again with the VI I hope it's Venturas again. I want a new city, though. Maybe a Hawaiian setting. Honolulu.

MormaPope

Banned
Thinking of my time with GTA games is like remembering good times with kids I don't have. I only played a few hours of IV and I didn't get the feeling of the last gen at all - maybe I've gotten too old. I hope V is better.

IV felt like perfect progression to me. The ending of San Andreas if tremendously dreadful because of all the gang turf stuff you have to do, combat in the PS2 version is fine in small amounts but in longer amounts its extremely boring.

The way I see it, Rockstar uses their cities as a developmental playground and by that I mean they use the setting as a locale for what they want to test out narratively/thematically.

If you're making a game set in the 80s, it's going to take place in Miami. It's not even a question.

Even if they went back to the 70s, which I doubt, I don't think it'd be vastly different from IV. That game is pretty dark, as is, and I'm not sure you can do much to set it apart.
I'd be interested in a GTA that's all about survival: selling drugs, actually jacking cars (doing more than pressing Y), etc. but you're always constrained by people just wanting to go crazy or play king of the world.

Also I really doubt that they will set the game anywhere that's not a somewhat major market.

I think a Midwest/American South GTA would be interesting. They could focus on meth and oxys. Detroit-Kentucky-Vice City. Something like that.

Although I'm a big fan of the smaller, more detailed city idea. It'd be awesome to be running from the cops and be able to hide in any building you want.

Whatever it is I'm sure it'll be very different than these gen games.

UrbanRats

I'm hoping for a non-80s Miami:
28vice.600.jpg

Since i think Miami Vice 2006 was very good.

Still, they are really cornering themselves with this franchise.
Now, i'm speaking like an outsider, since i'm not American, but while a whole game based in NY, LA or even Miami can work, i don't feel as strongly for game game entirely set in San Francisco, Las Vegas or most other American cities.

It's kind of complicated, because while (for example) Chicago is the third biggest American city, it doesn't hold the iconic relevance that Las Vegas does (outside the US) at least in my experience; at the same time, LV doesn't come off as a very diversified city, something LA and NY can seem to sport.
Miami i think, although probably not nearly as big and iconic as LA and NY, it's still tied to the criminal imagery thanks to the 80s (Scarface, Miami Vice etc) so it works very well.

So in the end i think they are cornering themselves here, if they keep cycling cities that are strongly iconic, varied and yet all in the US, they'll end up cycling through LA, NY and (maybe) Miami and LV, forever.

I know for people living in the US it must be different, some will want to see Philadelphia, Detroit, Baltimore or whatever comes next, but from an international point of view, those cities simply aren't that resonating.

I think they should create a spin-off to allow European and Asian cities in the franchise, so they can keep the mainline GTA about the "Americana", but also span out with the spin off and make one with Paris, London, Shanghai, Mumbai, Tijuana etc..

That would be incredibly exciting to look forward to.

Not to offend anyone here, but the thought of going back to New York next gen is fucking painful, i don't want to stroll around Manhattan in yet another open world game.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Has to be. There's no way they talk about making a difference between PS2 era GTA and HD characters and get rid of them in the second official title. I'm sure they'll do 5 then some DLC for it then make a Bully 2 or Agent then a Red Dead 3 then a GTA 6.

Was Bully any good? I totally missed that one.

I'm hoping for a non-80s Miami:
28vice.600.jpg

Since i think Miami Vice 2006 was very good.

Still, they are really cornering themselves with this franchise.
Now, i'm speaking like an outsider, since i'm not American, but while a whole game based in NY, LA or even Miami can work, i don't feel as strongly for game game entirely set in San Francisco, Las Vegas or most other American cities.

It's kind of complicated, because while (for example) Chicago is the third biggest American city, it doesn't hold the iconic relevance that Las Vegas does (outside the US) at least in my experience; at the same time, LV doesn't come off as a very diversified city, something LA and NY can seem to sport.
Miami i think, although probably not nearly as big and iconic as LA and NY, it's still tied to the criminal imagery thanks to the 80s (Scarface, Miami Vice etc) so it works very well.

So in the end i think they are cornering themselves here, if they keep cycling cities that are strongly iconic, varied and yet all in the US, they'll end up cycling through LA, NY and (maybe) Miami and LV, forever.

I know for people living in the US it must be different, some will want to see Philadelphia, Detroit, Baltimore or whatever comes next, but from an international point of view, those cities simply aren't that resonating.

I think they should create a spin-off to allow European and Asian cities in the franchise, so they can keep the mainline GTA about the "Americana", but also span out with the spin off and make one with Paris, London, Shanghai, Mumbai, Tijuana etc..

That would be incredibly exciting to look forward to.

Not to offend anyone here, but the thought of going back to New York next gen is fucking painful, i don't want to stroll around Manhattan in yet another open world game.

You got a point, but I read that the Housers (at least Dan) wouldn't want to make a 3D GTA outside the US. Infact, here it is:

"I don’t know. I thought about it. A lot. Argued it every which way. I think, my own sense, speaking for myself and not for the company, is that it’s as much a product Americana… That’s such a big part of the game. You know, you could make a great game set in Amsterdam. Would it be GTA? I don’t know. We haven’t done it, so I can’t really offer a comment or an opinion on it. We’ve avoided it because we think that part of the experience of GTA is its engagement with America, or American media, American movies, American culture or whatever. Some kind of Americana is such a part of the games, that in removing that, it would bizarrely make them lose their universality."

He musta forgot about GTA: London.

Zep

Banned
Was Bully any good? I totally missed that one.

Meh...Hit or miss. I thought I'd love it because of the setting and it was something fresh. Played it for 6 hours one night and was done with it completely. Outside of its amazing soundtrack, it did nothing to make me want to come back.

Give it a shot though...Its a very well made game. Just wasn't what I thought it would be.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Meh...Hit or miss. I thought I'd love it because of the setting and it was something fresh. Played it for 6 hours one night and was done with it completely. Outside of its amazing soundtrack, it did nothing to make me want to come back.

Give it a shot though...Its a very well made game. Just wasn't what I thought it would be.

That doesn't sound great XD

UrbanRats

You got a point, but I read that the Housers (at least Dan) wouldn't want to make a 3D GTA outside the US. Infact, here it is:

He musta forgot about GTA: London.

Yeah, and that's why i'm suggesting they create a spin off GTA series, so they explore thing outside of their comfort zone.
There's plenty of material to be had, poking fun at Brits and their stereotypes, as i'm sure there are for many other countries.
Sure American media is more international, but i think he's also blowing it out of proportion, it's not like you watch Trainspotting or Misfits and it's a completely alien world, when it comes to humor and trashiness, or you watch Sleepless Night or La Haine and you can see there's potential for good crime stories in France, too; but it would require them to exit their comfort zone of making fun of the gun-nuts, Hollywood starlets and such, to find new targets.
Yet, that's exactly why it would be exciting to move on from it.

And again, i'm suggesting a parallel spin off series, not a substitution.

So in the end i think they are cornering themselves here, if they keep cycling cities that are strongly iconic, varied and yet all in the US, they'll end up cycling through LA, NY and (maybe) Miami and LV, forever..
I agree somewhat.

I'm not really interested in returning to Vegas and Vice City would be cool but need outlying swamps, towns, etc., at the very least.

I disagree because you can't really say that the Liberty City in III and Liberty City in IV are the same city.
The versions of LA in SA/V are more similar but still very much different.

My reasoning about the major cities is that these games have to sell.
All of the major markets (LA, NY, Chicago, Detroit, Miami) have all been hot beds for crime and drugs at one point or another and considering most of crime (and GTA) revolves around drugs, I think it makes sense to follow the drugs.

Vice City would be a good locale for VI considering Florida has a systemic drug problem.
Meth, manmades, oxy - all "relevant" drugs and would provide a lot of material.

Still think DC would be very interesting.

Fjordson

Everything you're saying makes a lot of sense, Urban. I always wonder where they will go 10-15 years down the line. What GTA will look like then. The audience R* looks to sell GTA to is pretty damn big and worldwide, so they might be a bit hamstrung as far as which US cities they can go with. I've been living in America for years now, so I would love San Francisco or New Orleans or a few other cities, but would that resonate with people outside of the States like New York and Los Angeles? I dunno. When I was still growing up in England I don't think I would have gotten much out of a game set in New Orleans. Or at least not as much as a game set in NY/LA.

I do like the modern day Miami idea. I didn't like the 2006 Miami Vice all that much as a whole, but it looked great and I think the city next gen could make for a pretty cool setting. And the drug issues down there that Buckethead referred to could be a theme in the game (sort of like heists in V).

MormaPope

Banned
Future progression for cities and such should be based on time periods and multiple perspectives in the city.

Have one protagonist start out in 70's Liberty City, you play around in 70's Liberty City for a while and then a leap of time occurs. Introduce another protagonist when the game shift's into the late 80's, now you have two protagonists in a different time period. Then the last third of the game takes place in the 90's with three protagonists.

Have story arcs based around a life of crime instead of having it take place in a small time frame. There could be multiple cities even that each protagonist goes to, what you do in a city during a period of time might influence the other cities and protagonists in the future.

UrbanRats

I disagree because you can't really say that the Liberty City in III and Liberty City in IV are the same city.
The versions of LA in SA/V are more similar but still very much different.

My reasoning about the major cities is that these games have to sell.
All of the major markets (LA, NY, Chicago, Detroit, Miami) have all been hot beds for crime and drugs at one point or another and considering most of crime (and GTA) revolves around drugs, I think it makes sense to follow the drugs.

Vice City would be a good locale for VI considering Florida has a systemic drug problem.
Meth, manmades, oxy - all "relevant" drugs and would provide a lot of material.

Still think DC would be very interesting.
LC in III was a mash up of a generic East Coast cities, while in GTA IV it was a NY depiction, through and through, but i don't think they'll do as big of a stylistic jump anymore.
I don't think the difference between SA and V (of LA)are enough to sustain that change another time or two.
Of course the game itself can still be interesting, but having a completely fresh setting can really be a big point of interest, that exploring the same city with better detail doesn't tap.

And yeah, although i think story-wise a game in Chicago or DC could work (we'll see how Watch Dogs treats Chicago, btw) i also think, as i said, that if you go to someone in Germany, Italy, Poland, China etc etc, telling them "hey this game is set in New York" or "Hey this game is set in DC" the latter doesn't hold the same cultural impact, even down to the simple recognizing shit when they're driving around.

Then there's the fact that it'd be nice to simply switch it up.
I'm sure a game set in Amsterdam or Shanghai still wouldn't be nearly as iconic as NY, for an international audience, but at least you'd be in a completely fresh environment (culturally and architecturally speaking).
You can have a good drug story almost anywhere in the world, look at Pusher, set in Copenhagen, for example.

I also realize, on the other hand, that it would be a massive challenge to under go, you can't simply put Michael, Trevor and Franklin in Moscow, without having a deep grasp of modern Russian culture, as a big thing in modern GTA games is the authenticity of the setting.
So this would probably rule out some places, like India or China, but i think they could easily pull off a Brit spin off, for example (not set in the 60s).

Future progression for cities and such should be based on time periods and multiple perspectives in the city.

Have one protagonist start out in 70's Liberty City, you play around in 70's Liberty City for a while and then a leap of time occurs. Introduce another protagonist when the game shift's into the late 80's, now you have two protagonists in a different time period. Then the last third of the game takes place in the 90's with three protagonists.

Have story arcs based around a life of crime instead of having it take place in a small time frame. There could be multiple cities even that each protagonist goes to, what you do in a city during a period of time might influence the other cities and protagonists in the future.
Driver Parallel Lines did that.
Though to be honest i hated the 70s and couldn't wait to move on.
Also Mafia 2, though in an incredibly smaller scale.

Personally i'm not a fan of crime stories prior to the 80s, for the most part, but that's just me (and yes, i am aware of the amount of great movies in those periods, some of which i love, still not a fan of the idea).
I think i could tolerate some 60s stuff, but anything from early 10s to the 50s and the 70s, i'm not a fan of.

The more I think about it, the more Vice City would be great for VI.

They could make it like "what if Tommy and Lance were undercover cops".
Have it ape Miami Vice (the show) a lot while base it more off of Miami Vice the movie as far as the realism goes.

It seems that everyone wants to go back there and I think that Rockstar has to deal with the problem of grounding their narrative whilst retaining over-the-top action.
It'd give them a reason to explore Cuban culture and have a Cuban protagonist. Then maybe they could have a Cuba island and perhaps a Cartagena (yes I know it's in Colombia) island as well.
This would allow them to dip their toes into international territory without departing the USA.

But it also makes me wonder when they'll stop making GTAs or reboot the franchise.
As both Pegorino and Michael have stated - crime is a dying game.

They're going to have to become increasingly clever when straddling realism vs. over-the-top fun. They've done that in IV and V with the FIB keeping tabs on their protags but one wonders where they'll go from here.

I personally hope they don't do that. It doesn't really sound that interesting to me and poses a huge logistical problem designing one city let alone one that has changed every 20 years.

UrbanRats

Considering...
We get a GTA every 5 years, roughly, as that's the time it takes them to make a meaningful open world game with this level of production values.
5 years from September 2013 is September 2018, Who knows how the gaming landscape will have changed by then? 5 years from that (assuming development times don't increase or decrease for whatever reason, which is not likely) 2023, it'll be a completely different world altogether, with how fast things move in modern society.

So in the end, even worrying where they'll set a GTA 2 chapters from this one is almost foolish.
I do wonder when they'll end it though.

My Nostradamus prediction is: one will bomb horribly, and they'll lose in one shot all leverage they have with Take Two.

Top Bottom