• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V: The Official PlayStation 4 and Xbox One Launch Trailer http://www

Camp Lo

Banned
The wait was so fucking worth it. PS4 first playthrough!!!!

yeslawdgvd4n.gif

BibiMaghoo

Story and characters seem very unappealing. But I can't wait to explore that world and mess around.

Trevor is awesome, and I thought I'd hate him. The first time you find him bereft of clothes on a beach, or racing an old lady on a scooter while he cheers, you will understand the greatness that is Trevor.

AmyS

Been away from GAF for a few hours, I come back and look what I see, the launch trailer.

Looks soooo good.

Definitely gonna triple dip on this. Glad the PC version isn't coming out til late January. I'm gonna want a 4+ GHz Intel CPU and a pair of GTX 980s to Maxwell this game out.

Ammogeddon

I can't believe I am looking forward to playing GTA V more than any other game right now. I've already played it through on the PS3 as well.

Would be nice if online looks as good as the single player, though I appreciate the difficulties. I just couldn't get into it on PS3, the difference was too jarring for me. 30 players sounds absolutely mental though.

A comparison of Trevor from the 360/PS3 launch trailer and this XBO/PS4 launch trailer.

Both from youtube, 720p quality.

UkO6AB1.png

RUCBXQv.png

Overall, I'd say it looks pretty close to the beta version, but still makes some noticeable improvements. Trevor's model is higher polygon and his hair seems to be modeled this time. Also Rockstars cloth shader effect looks better here too.

Though I get the feeling that they probably had a whole bunch of higher quality art assets that showed up in early build trailers that they are reusing for the current gen remastering.

jpbonadio

Banned
Story and characters are the weakest part of the game.

Everything else was almost perfect, for me.

Fully agree.

Story and characters are terrible, by far the worst in the series. But everything else is so good that made it the best game of last gen for me (on Xbox 360).

Can't wait to play it again ... and remastered.

cormack12

Gold Member
Is MP mix 'n' match in terms of views? So you will get people in first person shooting those in third person and vice versa.

Also, trailer worked. Got me hyped again :) Gonna be a good evening on release....

GavinUK86

Story and characters are the weakest part of the game.

Everything else was almost perfect, for me.

I liked the characters alright, but the story was definitely really weak. Started out promising, but took a huge nosedive.

Fully agree.

Story and characters are terrible, by far the worst in the series. But everything else is so good that made it the best game of last gen for me (on Xbox 360).

Can't wait to play it again ... and remastered.

I completely disagree. If it wasn't for the characters and their stories I wouldn't bother with double dipping.

Ammogeddon

Will there be a GTA V |OT|?

I know it's a one year old game but it's had some big changes and has quite a lot of interest.

I wish AC:Unity would be enough to quench my thirst until GTAV next week, but that ain't going to happen. I can't wait to comeback to Los Santos and wreck havoc.

I'll be trying to complete the last 3 or 4 chapters of The Evil Within during that time.

Certinty

This. The story/characters/missions were awesome in my opinion!
Agreed, the missions and characters were awesome. The story however wasn't great but I didn't think it was bad either. It started well but just fell apart near the end but I guess that was sort of expected with the story they were trying to tell being from three different perspectives. Can't wait to play through the game again, have been wanting to since I completed it the first time which was last September!

Ateron

Trevor is awesome, and I thought I'd hate him. The first time you find him bereft of clothes on a beach, or racing an old lady on a scooter while he cheers, you will understand the greatness that is Trevor.

Trevor truly is the embodiment of GTA. He's sometimes witty and clever, most of the times brash and violent, he's chaotic, neurotic and problematic, but has a soft spot for the weirdest things. He's unpredictable and a free spirit. He blows up things for fun and doesn't have a filter, anything goes. I love Trevor, even though he's a homicidal maniac with daddy issues.

Gameplay wise I always loved Michael the best, that bullet time was amazing. It's funny that there's even a set of clothes you can wear that resemble Max's outfit from 3 and from 2, leather jacket and grey pants, etc.

No. probably not. Wasn't featured in GTA IV or V on last gen. I mean you can play your music in the background, but certainly not through the cars radio.

I'm hoping that with future iterations of the 2.00 fw sony will get their shit together and improve on that. Let us store music, video and pics on the HDD. With a couple of game patches it would work wonders. Watchdogs seems like it was made for it, with the in-game app for making your own playlists. MGS ground zeroes and PP ditto. Wish we could just make a playlist from the HDD and play it, in game, from the I-Droid. GTA would be a no brainer, make a custom radio station with everything you desire. Maybe we'll get lucky and after they perfect the playback feature some devs will patch it into their games. But while it doesn't happen, it will have to do.

So far the only game where I couldn't play my music was Destiny, cause bungie doesn't believe in muting BGM audio, for some reason.

Top Bottom