• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Graphics comparison between Resident Evil 2 (PSX) vs Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4 Pro) *SPOILERS*

ChuyMasta

Ok the first scene comparison is completely unrelated to the other.

Other than that, time to get a ps4.

plushyp

5c4.png

It has tank controls.

RE2 originally used the top down style tank controls, press left/right to rotate your character and up to walk forward regardless of what direction your character is facing on-screen.

This looks more like the over the shoulder gameplay found in RE4+ which is still basically tank controls, but pressing up will always move you in the direction you're facing. It's much easier to play. A lot of people point out the old control style made it easier to make mistakes and panic, but the better controlling games can throw faster moving enemies into the mix.

Once the series stopped using static backdrops and analog controls were a thing, the original controls were even harder to become accustomed to when re-playing the games.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
RE2 originally used the top down style tank controls, press left/right to rotate your character and up to walk forward regardless of what direction your character is facing on-screen.

This looks more like the over the shoulder gameplay found in RE4+ which is still basically tank controls, but pressing up will always move you in the direction you're facing. It's much easier to play. A lot of people point out the old control style made it easier to make mistakes and panic, but the better controlling games can throw faster moving enemies into the mix.

Once the series stopped using static backdrops and analog controls were a thing, the original controls were even harder to become accustomed to when re-playing the games.
The tank controls are the same, the camera angle changed. So yes, when you press forward you move where the character is facing in both cases. But in the modern games' case, where the character faces is also where the camera faces so there's never a disconnect there. But anyway, I like the RE4 style controls, I think they're a great choice to retain the best of the original and the modern style. I start disliking it when they start allowing strafing and running and gunning and such like any old shooter but if the game's not unbalanced toward that scheme and you can still work with the RE4 style I'm fine with that. And I like playing with a controller even on PC vs any other shooter where the mouse and keyboard work best. But if they make the standard shooter controls the best choice then I guess I'll play it with mkb too...

Last edited:

kingwingin

Watching videos on mr.x is making me reconsider buying this, dont think my heart can take him chasing me down those dark hallways

chinoXL

I'm almost glad that I never got to play RESI 2. This game is looking very good.
the original is one of my favorites in the series if not my favorite...game is dope bro, definitely hop on this one since you missed the original

Dante83

Banned
Back in the day, the ps1 version was considered really good. PS4 pro has a graphics discrepancy. There are issues with the reflections. It looks distorted and dithered. When you play it on pc, you will see how bad the ps4/ps4 pro versions look along with the frame rate issues.

Last edited:
Top Bottom