• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Great films with bad shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

vio

THE WOOOORST

tumblr_nxpnqnmg1y1ulbu5to1_500.gif

I wanted to pull my shirt over my head to hide my embarrassment during this scene.

Gifs that make you cringe.

FoneBone

Not a great film by any means but this is a classic bad shot:

tumblr_n6u09pYjN71qgx21do1_500.gif

This is probably the most bafflingly awful shot I've seen in a big-budget studio film - plenty of stuff here that turned out really badly, but the intent is at least understandable. But how could anybody involved with this think a character running on-camera from offscreen in a scene like this looked at all presentable?

daveo42

Banned
62rHYvF.gif

Probably the only scene in the whole movie where I felt it broke the suspension of disbelief. Fortunately it only lasted a few seconds but man, it felt like those old monster movies from the 60s.

It looks like the alien is performing a magic trick.

Moff

62rHYvF.gif

Probably the only scene in the whole movie where I felt it broke the suspension of disbelief. Fortunately it only lasted a few seconds but man, it felt like those old monster movies from the 60s.

I think the kill scene was even worse, it just looks so much like a guy in a rubber suit
alienairlock.jpg

What. The. Fuck.

We are sure this movie is good, GAF? Was thinking of watching it this weekend.

The movie is great, but this scene was trying to tie the main character with a aspect of Philly that he really didn't interact all that much with or have seem to have any interest in.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I don't put ESB on a pedestal as much as some people do, but goddamn if Vader showing up in the dining room when Lando betrays our heroes never fails to make me laugh. I can just imagine how they set it up
Lando "Ok Vader, you wait here, have some sandwiches if you like"
Vader "Say no more, I'm hungry like the wolf"

I don't put ESB on a pedestal as much as some people do, but goddamn if Vader showing up in the dining room when Lando betrays our heroes never fails to make me laugh. I can just imagine how they set it up
Lando "Ok Vader, you wait here, have some sandwiches if you like"
Vader "Say no more, I'm hungry like the wolf"

I disagree here. Vader isn't really much of one for getting his hands dirty if he can avoid it. I can totally imagine him delegating as much shit as possible. " Fetch boy". He treats Lando as his dog. Sure he could have just up and fetched Solo himself, but where's the fun in that?

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I disagree here. Vader isn't really much of one for getting his hands dirty if he can avoid it. I can totally imagine him delegating as much shit as possible. " Fetch boy". He treats Lando as his dog. Sure he could have just up and fetched Solo himself, but where's the fun in that?

it's not that i don't get the plan, its the whole him sitting in a dining room that I find extremely goofy

I dont get how people can hate that batman movie. I thought it was the best in the series and was the only time I thought batman wouldnt make it

jett

D-Member
I'm not seeing it here. I dig it. Do you not believe his excitement or are the punches weak or something?

It's just silly-looking. I really don't get the decision of using dirtbikes for such a pivotal "Rocky" scene. It's the low point of the movie for me.

botty

Banned
62rHYvF.gif

I think this scene would be perfect without the hands, which are blatantly more costume looking than the head

NateDog

this fight could have been cool but it was filmed and choreographed so badly
MJj8GV.gif

Yeah I've just been watching all the old Star Wars the past few weeks for the first time and this was really poor, but I suppose they were only starting out and the saber fighting choreography was well improved in ESB and the RoTJ so I can forgive it, although in the context of this movie it was really bad.

MJj8GV.gif

I remember a good theory about this scene suggesting that they just having a conversation (since it's obvious obi-wan will lose) but they do a crappy slow paced fight because that is what is expected when a jedi and a sith meet.

Obviously it's not that, but it's good head canon.

62rHYvF.gif

I fucking love that part.

Mi5eqC2.jpg

This part in T2, when the T-1000 is dragged behind the car.

Roussow

This is a massive nitpick, but I was always bothered by in Mad Max: Fury Road, in the opening scene we cut from this really wide shot,

to a closer similarly framed shot in the next frame.

It's super jarring, it looks like it should be one long take -- with the vehicles just getting close to camera before Max's car is taken out, but considering the fantastic looking stunt at the end of the shot I guess it wasn't possible, it's just weird to me when a shot cuts to another shot that looks so similar without any other coverage in-between it.

This is more an editing thing than a framing or blocking thing, but it's still seems a little strange to me.

Kain

BysxGuA.gif

Cringing hard since 2001.

MJj8GV.gif

Ugh, I said so i the TFA thread too, Guiness is just phoning it way worse than Harrison Ford in some of his movies. He looks so in pain and so ashamed...

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
62rHYvF.gif

I love this moment. Probably the best scene in the whole movie for me. The build up to that moment is fantastic.

mattp

I love this moment. Probably the best scene in the whole movie for me. The build up to that moment is fantastic.

yup, its unfair to just post the gif without context
also that gif seems to slow down at the end and you can see the alien's hands just being held in place shaking
it doesnt look like that in the movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom