• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GRID: Autosport - Announcement trailer and info

HoosTrax

So, GRID 2. Dat feeling of getting punted into an armco by an AI-driven Ariel Atom while driving a WRX STI that weighs three times as much. The AI Atom doesn't so much as budge in the opposite scenario. Nice physics there Codies...

Anyone with a preview version of GRID A know if that's addressed at all?

Megasoum

Banned
Re-reading the article, the only thing missing is real time comparison with your club friends like we get in other games (FM or GT for example). Would be nice to see your friend's time when you finish a career race to compare to them.

Aerocrane

Re-reading the article, the only thing missing is real time comparison with your club friends like we get in other games (FM or GT for example). Would be nice to see your friend's time when you finish a career race to compare to them.

If it really isn't in the game it is a bit weird, since it was a feature in GRID 2.

If anyone's still got title suggestions for the |OT|, post them!
Right now my favourite is amar212's suggestion: GRID: Autosport /OT/ Zippin' Up My Boots, Goin' Back To My Roots, Yeah

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So can "compare to community average" include showing what percentile you're in? I've always thought that would be a nice feature, but most leaderboards don't have it. They just compare to the top or show your place ranking and leave it up to you to calculate.

For the GAF club I'll be curious to see how well the guys with wheels do over controller people. Can't wait to put the extra precision of my XBone controller to the test.

Branson

So can "compare to community average" include showing what percentile you're in? I've always thought that would be a nice feature, but most leaderboards don't have it. They just compare to the top or show your place ranking and leave it up to you to calculate.

For the GAF club I'll be curious to see how well the guys with wheels do over controller people. Can't wait to put the extra precision of my XBone controller to the test.
Do you have to play online or is it just a leaderboard for times and stuff? I'm only interested in the offline career aspect since I don't have any friends getting it.

I'll be using a wheel btw.

Dice

I'm pretty sure we'll have both leaderboard times and online racing. Not sure how those will overlap, but shouldn't it be as simple as pulling best times from both and leaving online races optional? And I don't have friends who play racing games either, but that's what GAF is for!

Dice

They don't give you any codes until release date so you can't cash the Showdown key and then ask for a refund on Autosport. You know, jerks spoiling nice things for everyone else.

So, GRID 2. Dat feeling of getting punted into an armco by an AI-driven Ariel Atom while driving a WRX STI that weighs three times as much. The AI Atom doesn't so much as budge in the opposite scenario. Nice physics there Codies...

Anyone with a preview version of GRID A know if that's addressed at all?

We've improved our vehicle weighting :)

gragy10

So hyped for a potential PC-GAF league!
Could never get comfortable with the CM F1 games handling model but Forza4 GAF league is probably the only time i've enjoyed racing online with strangers

Megasoum

Banned
Btw I'm still taking suggestions for the official GAF club... I can create it right now so we should reserve the name before release!

JaoSming

Neo Member
Will the PC version have the mod support for PC like GRID 2?

(I know I asked this right before E3, hoping it was just a missed question)

Milincho

Banned
Will the PC version have the mod support for PC like GRID 2?

(I know I asked this right before E3, hoping it was just a missed question)

This has been asked several times in this thread, but the question was always ignored, so I guess the answer is NO.

yup, I was, thanks for the heads up

A5D6OC-SSP45E-FYUBTA is the 20% off code for easy copy/paste

Thanks for posting this mate, just purchased it on GMG.

Does anyone know if it will support the trigger rumble of the Xbox One controller?

I'm tossing up between buying a DS4 or XOne controller at the moment just for my PC.

Aerocrane

Does anyone know if it will support the trigger rumble of the Xbox One controller?

I'm tossing up between buying a DS4 or XOne controller at the moment just for my PC.

Heh, I sent the request as soon as I read the news. Apparently it should be all systems go for the controller in terms of it working as the driver handles it. Will let you know about the rumble triggers.

With the official drivers available for the Xbox One controller it will be supported, but there's been no new information regarding the rumble triggers. DualShock 4 vs Xbox One controller is really a question of convenience and which controller feels better to use for you since one controller has official drivers and the other one doesn't.

This has been asked several times in this thread, but the question was always ignored, so I guess the answer is NO.

We've made some changes to our file structure this time around, we're looking into how it effects modding. It's something I'm keen for us to continue supporting as and when we can.

Megasoum

Banned
Well here we go... The "GAF Racing" club is now up and running! It's an invite only club for now so once the game is out you can ask in the OT and I'll add you.

Milincho

Banned
We've made some changes to our file structure this time around, we're looking into how it effects modding. It's something I'm keen for us to continue supporting as and when we can.

Well, at least it's not an ultimate NO.

I think the "Community Added Value vs Total Control " conversation must have been discussed there, at least between the people that sees what other racing games are doing in that direction.

I think everybody can understand the value of giving gamers the chance to customize the experience to their liking in detail and improve the game.

Megasoum

Banned
*cough*

Request to join sent

giraffe-danish-zoo-not-being-killed-yet.gif

So we can be members of multiple clubs at once, but we have to set one as active to represent that club and wear its tag? Are the clubs cross-platform?

You can be a member of multiple clubs at the same time but can only have one active club.

They are not cross platform, worth noting that this is a PC club.

Jibbed

I could really use some people to race with for a change, count me in for the PC club!

(I'll ask again the OT if that's how we're doing it).

You can be a member of multiple clubs at the same time but can only have one active club.

They are not cross platform, worth noting that this is a PC club.

Also Loore, whilst you're around I just want to say I'm chuffed with the direction Codies is taking with GRID: Autosport :) you guys should really put that F1 license to use though... *cough*
TOCA Race Driver 4
*cough*

Zushin

Haven't played many racing games in a LONG time (well, minus MK8), however I have good memories of TOCA back in the PS1 days - so I'm pretty tempted to pick this up :)

Top Bottom