• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT Sport will likely not feature traditional offline events

Rudiano

Banned
dead2.gif

HolySheep

Neo Member
A badly reviewed gran turismo will get coverage even outside of typical gaming sites. Might affect sales. Hopefully Sony realize that something needs to change after that so we can get the gt7 game we've all been waiting for.

Kssio_Aug

Every news about this game means less content in the package. I'm getting no interest about it at all.

Is this the next main GT game or just a "prologue" thing?

Not at all, that's the offline campaign. There is also an arcade mode we know nothing about.

Here is how the official website describes those events.

Beginner’s School (10 events)
From basic skills such as hitting the brakes and how to turn into a corner, fundamentals can be learned from the bottom up, which will prove invaluable for newcomers to driving games.
Mission Challenge (62 events)
As you work your way through short missions, you will automatically pick up fundamental driving skills without even realising it. In the end, you will have a level of skill that will allow you to participate in major race events.
Circuit Experience (35 events)
Through actual experience on a race track, you will step into the true world of high-performance driving. Use the knowledge of track layouts learned in the mission challenges to pick up the basics of how to conquer a race track.
Race Etiquette (10 events)
In online, as well as real races, etiquette on the track is as important as performance. Learn the rules of etiquette and sportsmanship that’s required in all player-vs-player races. Even if you’re not a top driver with lots of confidence in your skills, you will still have plenty of fun because each player will be matched fairly with people of their own level for fair and equal online racing.

The online part (Sport Mode) will be based on two major competitions. The first is the Nations Cup where players around the world represent their home country. The other is the Manufacturer Cup in which players select their favourite auto maker and represent them in the series.
All this stuff sounds pretty cool. I'm not saying its a replacement for a career, but still I want to give them credit for trying a new tack.

So this seems like an iracing for consoles, which is an interesting offering........but not at full price. For $35-40 it would be a much better value proposition.

All this stuff sounds pretty cool. I'm not saying its a replacement for a career, but still I want to give them credit for trying a new tack.

Yup. This is how I feel too. Yes there are some sacrifices being made. But overall, GT Sport looks to deliver THE best console racing simulation possible.

Top Bottom