• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 Demo/Forza 2 comparison (56K and trolls go back to Drivers Ed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sho Nuff

Banned
I didn't wanna dump lots of images into the official thread, so I made my own. Anyway, I was playing the GT5 demo pretty extensively this weekend, got my old Logitech hooked up and was putting it through the paces. It struck me that GT5 looked a lot different due to art design choices and dramatic lighting, so I took some comparison shots.

360 is going through VGA, PS3 is going through HDMI, into a 720p native projector (PS3 is rendering at 720p for the benefit of a smoother image -- apparently there's some FSAA at 720p). Sorry I couldn't get shots of people in the stands for Forza 2.

qmxeoi.jpg

16kum55.jpg

2zs7gvk.jpg

als2mb.jpg

2vtcf4k.jpg

I think the last one is the most interesting. Colors are much more subdued in GT while the colors pop more in Forza. (BTW color/contrast/output settings are calibrated to be the same for both consoles.)

Firewire

Banned
Weekend Threads :(

Ok comparing a demo of a demo of a game that will be released 1 year from now to an already finished game is kinda lame!

pswii60

Cars look better in GT5 Prologue Demo, environment and track (especially skid marks etc) look better in Forza 2.

Needs moar replay screens.

I'm surprised after all the respective bashing and praising that the games look so similar in the end, at least as far as track detail goes.

f@luS

More than a member.
the funny thing, is how those screen make forza 2 looks good (almost no aliasing) where it makes GT5 looks really bad (so clean and good looking on my tv) Worst comp ever :lol

Raist

Banned
StoOgE said:
forza isnt a bad looking game, its just cartoony looking imo.

Yup, my thoughts exactly. Looks really good, but colors pop too much IMO. GT5p looks really more natural. And lighting is way better.

FM2 still looks very, very good.

That reminds me, I have to finish Forza. I'm only 70% complete in Career mode.

Or maybe I should start GT....oh shit, I guess I have to wait another year.

Good pics though.

Car's look amazing in GT5, but I would say the forza track looks more detailed.

f@luS said:
the funny thing, is how those screen make forza 2 looks good (almost no aliasing) where it makes GT5 looks really bad (so clean and good looking on my tv) Worst comp ever :lol
I can't say how gt5 looks on my samsung because I do not own one yet, but forza for me only has heavy aliasing on the cars, otherwise the game looks pretty much smooth.

It's going to vary from tv to tv of course.

Why the hell is GT5P so dark? Or is it just TV adjustment?

Aside from that, cars and lighting in GT looks much better, while sceneries look more detailed in Forza 2, like it´s easily noticeable in these pics:

2vtcf4k.jpg

Oh, and the jaggiez are there in both versions.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Diablohead said:
Forza does 8 cars, though at launch someone bugged the game and got 9 on the grid :lol

I thought there were 12 cars in Forza 2 and 8 online?

Raist

Banned
Also, it's obvious that GT5p is a much better game because there are a lot more people in the stands that came to see the show.

Gowans

I AM JOHN! said:
Forza has prettier tracks, GT5 has prettier cars.

/thread

from these screen shots I agree.

But then what about frame rate, gameplay, choice, online experience, handling, controls & sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom