• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 Demo/Forza 2 comparison (56K and trolls go back to Drivers Ed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wollan

Sho_Nuff82 said:
The demo of the demo? Because the demo isn't free.
If every demo gave you 50 cars, 5 tracks, 16 player online modes, replay downloads, photomodes, home integration, tuning, GTTV..etc..etc. It would be a nice world.

Anyways, before I hit the sack, some scrapes collected from the net:

GT5 Prologue demo (October):
1280 x 1080 @ ~60fps
2x AA in '1080p', 4x AA in 720p
16x cars with average polygon count slightly over 200 000
Interiors, more complex lighting

Forza 2 (May):
1280 x 720 @ 60fps
2x AA?
8x cars with average polygon count slightly over 100 000
(light) damage decaling, somewhat better tracks

The GT5P screens are dark. Dark like the black soul of death looming over it's apprehensive victim or like the PS3's future, whichever works.

beerbelly

Banned
What about the comparison of release dates? Forza 2's team had to outsource some of the car modelings iirc because of time constraint. Comparing it with a game that's coming out 18 months after it is kind of unfair. Moreover the PD team have much more experience in designing cars and have a producer who seems much more devoted.

Raist said:
Also, it's obvious that GT5p is a much better game because there are a lot more people in the stands that came to see the show.
I mean obviously rite? :p
beerbelly said:
What about the comparison of release dates? Forza 2's team had to outsource some of the car modelings iirc because of time constraint. Comparing it with a game that's coming out 18 months after it is kind of unfair. Moreover the PD team have much more experience in designing cars and have a producer who seems much more devoted.
Lol defense force have arrived!

MCD

Wollan, you forgot to mention better physics and sounds for Forza 2, not to mention the awesome livery editor.

and GT5P is 1280x1080 when running at 1080p, if wrong, feel free to correct me.

beerbelly said:
Oh, well while we're at it lets take into account their salaries into account then...

beerbelly

Banned
Wollan said:
If every demo gave you 50 cars, 5 tracks, 16 player online modes, replay downloads, photomodes, home integration, tuning, GTTV..etc..etc. It would be a nice world.

Anyways, before I hit the sack, some scrapes collected from the net:

GT5 Prologue demo:
1280 x 1080 @ ~60fps
16x cars with average polygon count slightly over 200 000
Interiors, more complex lighting

Forze 2 (released in May):
1280 x 720 @ 60fps
12x cars (8 online) with average polygon count slightly over 100 000
(light) damage decaling, somewhat better tracks

Oh shit! I remember some saying Forza 2 isn't a full game because it "only" had 300 cars compared to GT4's 700+. 50 cars? Oh.

InterMoniker said:
I mean obviously rite? :p
Lol defense force have arrived!

It's a logical response. I don't even like Forza 2 that much.

Wollan

McDragon said:
Wollan, you forgot to mention better physics, sounds and damages for Forza 2, not to mention the awesome livery editor.
and GT5P is 1280x1080 when running at 1080p, if wrong, feel free to correct me.
damage decaling is on the list. In '1080p' mode, GT5 renders natively in 1280 x 1080 (the 1280 part, width, is afterwards scaled to 1920).

Core407

Banned
ruliweb_gt5s_27.jpg

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
GT5 - 47 cars on screen, 639P @ ~14.3FPS
Forza 2 - 2.3 cars on screen, 267P @ 41 FPS with -32 FSAA

MCD

Wollan said:
damage decaling is on the list. In '1080p' mode, GT5 renders natively in 1280 x 1080 (the 1280 part, width, is afterwards scaled to 1920).

removed the damages parts, sorry.

Firewire

Banned
beerbelly said:
Oh shit! I remember some saying Forza 2 isn't a full game because it "only" had 300 cars compared to GT4's 700+. 50 cars? Oh.

GT5-Prologue has 50 cars, GT5 the final game will have tons more.

beerbelly

Banned
InterMoniker said:
Ya your absolutely right

Come again? Saying GT5 have better cars due to experience, longer development time and a better leader is considered a defence force act? Why don't you shut the fuck up, other than hopping into a thread making snarky comments.

Wollan said:
You sure? I swear I have heard 12 before.

Yes. Only 8 offline.

_dementia said:
How many cars receive damage in GT5?

As of now, all the cars that manufacturer allows to have damage will have damage (aka Cars from Forza 2 + More). More as the deal gets done. Damage and Dynamic Weather is confirmed for GT5.

You were saying?

Gattsu25

Banned
beerbelly said:
Yeah, 50 cars is pretty excessive for a demo

MaX_PL

Banned
i wish there was a time when the two games released same date just so we can have fair comparison.

forza came out months ago and gt5 could take perhaps another year to complete.

spwolf said:
wait, so we are comparing tracks , not actual cars, in driving game?
How does that work?

:lol

That works by looking at amount of spectators in the crowd, amount of skidmarks, amount of grass, and amount of "ZOMG! THE SUN IS BRIGHT! MY EYES!!"

Wollan said:
You sure? I swear I have heard 12 before.
The original concept was 12 but I guess they had to cut it for the final release, the game does basicly run at a locked 60fps so all is good. It's why the glitched 9 car race worked instead of spawning two cars on top of each other.

It's a shame they never gave an option like that old ps1 game Motorhead, 4 cars at 60fps or 8 cars at 30fps, but then that was an arcade racer 10 years ago.

spwolf

shagg_187 said:
That works by looking at amount of spectators in the crowd, amount of skidmarks, amount of grass, and amount of "ZOMG! THE SUN IS BRIGHT! MY EYES!!"

grass with motion blur while you are stopped on the track? :lol

BamYouHaveAids said:
The GT5P screens are dark. Dark like the black soul of death looming over it's apprehensive victim or like the PS3's future, whichever works.
The PS3's future isn't dark, it's bright like the color red!

Black is nothing but a far off dream.

FFChris

Those shots make Forza look better. Going simply by those screenshots, I don't see how anyone can argue otherwise.

Holtz

FFChris said:
Those shots make Forza look better. Going simply by those screenshots, I don't see how anyone can argue otherwise.
Are you blind? The cars aren't even close, and neither is the lighting. Falus post makes that very clear. Forza wins in environments seen so far, though.

f@luS

More than a member.
FFChris said:
Because those shots are so wrong, GT5P demo looks much cleaners, and cars are ....out of league. Tracks is clean enough to be good looking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom