• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 Demo/Forza 2 comparison (56K and trolls go back to Drivers Ed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBonk

tha_con said:
Why not? It worked for Gears of War which was an average game, but very pretty, and it seemed to sell well.

It seems like you aren't a sim fan though. Go play Burnout?

This post is ridiculous.

Gears of War, while having great graphics, was actually good because it was fun. It was a mindless shooter that offered enough entertainment.

And the Burnout series is great for what it is, but definitely not one of my favorites. That title goes to PGR.

I don't care if the game is sim, it's just that Forza and GT both have horrible tracks, even if they are base don real ones. The games just seem to be for people who care about having customizable digital cars instead of actually being about fun. Which I don't really have a problem with as far as other people go, I'm just tired of people always comparing graphics when it comes to a racing game.

f@luS

More than a member.
Kyoufu said:
I don't think I can play another racing game without a cockpit view. I can't believe its so good.
It is so good because its perfectly done. Other racing game arent well done.

Ashhong said:
Just seriously gtfo. Every car in the demo has cockpit view except the masked GT-R which is understandable because the car hasn't been unveiled. One the cars like the GT-R and IS-F are shown at the Motor Show they will unlock them WITH cockpit view. And 20fps? Stop trolling.

He's joking because you shouldn't need to ask if GT is running at 60fps. Kaz has said since GT3 that 60fps is the only framerate the series will run out from then on.

west

BadlyCookedTurkey said:
If that's a track in Prologue there will be a lot of word eating going on here when it's out.

That track is in the demo, albeit not playable. If you let the game run in for a while in the main menu it will start showing realtime races on other tracks. The one in the picture is Fuji Speedway. It looks way better than the playable one.

Odd that they included the assets in the demo.

spwolf

SuperBonk said:
I don't care if the game is sim, it's just that Forza and GT both have horrible tracks, even if they are base don real ones. The games just seem to be for people who care about having customizable digital cars instead of actually being about fun. Which I don't really have a problem with as far as other people go, I'm just tired of people always comparing graphics when it comes to a racing game.

are you trying to say that Forza and Gt5P are not fun because GT5P has the most awesomest graphics ever? Since I sure did have huge amounts of fun with Gt5P already :D

SuperBonk said:
I don't care if the game is sim, it's just that Forza and GT both have horrible tracks, even if they are base don real ones. .

Have you played GT. There are a hell of a lot of tracks. Street, circuit, rally, real life, PD's own.

They are not horrible, the GT street tracks are great. And just because you find the game boring doesn't mean everyone does, just like people might find Gears boring.

Core407

Banned
f@luS said:
It is so good because its perfectly done. Other racing game arent well done.

Now you're just spouting bullshit. The cockpit view in GT5 has a long way to go before being perfect.

- Add in seat adjustment options (height/distance from wheel)
- Animate the actual driver so he shifts himself
- Add an actual windshield that picks up dirt and what not. (Have the driver automatically use the wipers)
- Render the driver from the actual car so you get some actual body roll going. It feels like the driver and the car are one - you don't see his body being thrust around the car when taking a huge turn. Basically no sense of weight in the driver.

Other than that, awesomeness.

MaX_PL

Banned
jett said:
Man, I tried again to find a comparable screnshot from Forza 2, but nothing came up.
saturdayfun1.jpg

man i tried to find a comparable screenshot in GT5, but nothing came up.

west said:
That track is in the demo, albeit not playable. If you let the game run in for a while in the main menu it will start showing realtime races on other tracks. The one in the picture is Fuji Speedway. It looks way better than the playable one.

Odd that they included the assets in the demo.

Didn't know that was Fuji but I recognise it now you've said.

Think I'll have to leave the game so I can see this footage.

Ashhong

SolidSnakex said:
He's joking because you shouldn't need to ask if GT is running at 60fps. Kaz has said since GT3 that 60fps is the only framerate the series will run out from then on.

well in that case he may continue. i thought he was another xbot who didnt know anything about gt5. should work on his internet sarcasm :D

f@luS

More than a member.
Core407 said:
Now you're just spouting bullshit. The cockpit view in GT5 has a long way to go before being perfect.

- Add an actual windshield that picks up dirt and what not. (Have the driver automatically use the wipers)
- Render the driver from the actual car so you get some actual body roll going. It feels like the driver and the car are one - you don't see his body being thrust around the car when taking a huge turn. Basically no sense of weight in the driver.

Im talking from a gameplay standpoint , minor things like that. Its so playable and enjoyable where all the other racing game ive played had a real shitty cockpit view.

(i play only console racing game , no PC)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
MaX_PL said:
saturdayfun1.jpg

man i tried to find a comparable screenshot in GT5, but nothing came up.
bOkZqREVv.jpg

I win. See all the details on the cars?

west

BadlyCookedTurkey said:
Didn't know that was Fuji but I recognise it now you've said.

Think I'll have to leave the game so I can see this footage.

You can get there faster by pressing the X button in the main menu, the game will ask if its ok and go straight to "demo" mode. It shows photo mode locations and races at Fuji and Daytona all in real time. Daytona looks like a bore but the rest is golden.

Core407 said:
Now you're just spouting bullshit. The cockpit view in GT5P has a long way to go before being perfect.

I'm sure a lot of those will be in the real game. If they have real weather then not having wipers going would make the game a bit hard. :D

SuperBonk

BadlyCookedTurkey said:
Have you played GT. There are a hell of a lot of tracks. Street, circuit, rally, real life, PD's own.

They are not horrible, the GT street tracks are great. And just because you find the game boring doesn't mean everyone does, just like people might find Gears boring.

And just because you don't find them boring, other people do. Like me.

west said:
You can get there faster by pressing the X button in the main menu, the game will ask if its ok and go straight to "demo" mode. It shows photo mode locations and races at Fuji and Daytona all in real time. Daytona looks like a bore but the rest is golden.

Sweet!

Cheers

Kyoufu

[Nintex] said:
http://i22.tinypic.com/2vtcf4k.jpg[/IMG]
http://www.jeux-france.com/Webmasters/Images/59811520071010_145118_2_big.jpg[/IMG]

Since we already have apple's and oranges, let's add some melons.

Looks like those melons are rotting.

Orlics

beerbelly said:
What about the comparison of release dates? Forza 2's team had to outsource some of the car modelings iirc because of time constraint. Comparing it with a game that's coming out 18 months after it is kind of unfair. Moreover the PD team have much more experience in designing cars and have a producer who seems much more devoted.

I don't think anyone's disputing anything you said.

Ashhong

Agent Icebeezy said:
I believe the OPs pics were better as your's are way too dark

I dont know if this was his point, but thats how the game looks to me when i play. thats the only problem to me, is that its dark in the cockpit almost all the time. the lighting inside isnt realistic, thats all.

Kyoufu

Ashhong said:
I dont know if this was his point, but thats how the game looks to me when i play. thats the only problem to me, is that its dark in the cockpit almost all the time. the lighting inside isnt realistic, thats all.

My friend says its dark for him too, but its not for me. Weird.

Core407

Banned
f@luS said:
Im talking from a gameplay standpoint , minor things like that. Its so playable and enjoyable where all the other racing game ive played had a real shitty cockpit view.

(i play only console racing game , no PC)

I adored the PGR3 and Dirt in-dash views. Same with RSC2. I would definitely say RSC2 had the best in-dash view.

Jeseus

Ashhong said:

its from mobil phone K800i ... you must adjust your picture settings on TV ... in real it isnt so dark ..

where is this 20 fps cockpit view crap comming from? I just played two races just now in cockpit view and it looks amazing and runs great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom